FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition]

+16
Hisoka
Slig
Kaito
Ragter the junior greeter
quakernuts
M4Minion
Digital Muse
Chainlinc3
Dax
Shadow Moonseye
IConsumedMyWings
Gadreille
Gunneh
Bird of Hermes
Eternity
Loki
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What shall be the next theme for the showdown characters?

The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition] - Page 2 Votele1013%The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition] - Page 2 Voteri10 13% 
[ 1 ]
The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition] - Page 2 Votele1013%The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition] - Page 2 Voteri10 13% 
[ 1 ]
The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition] - Page 2 Votele100%The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition] - Page 2 Voteri10 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition] - Page 2 Votele100%The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition] - Page 2 Voteri10 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition] - Page 2 Votele1074%The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition] - Page 2 Voteri10 74% 
[ 6 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition]

Post by quakernuts Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:26 pm

To that I say, is the Godfather someone you really see winning a fight against Wesker on his own? If he didn't have his goons, what do you think would happen?
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition]

Post by Loki Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:25 pm

That's just his weapon of choice. Some prefer swords or guns, the Godfather utilizes hit squads and fear tactics. You have to admit, the man is a skilled tactician when it comes to striking those who go against him.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:24 pm

that wesker just looks like a wannabe neo.
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:57 am

Round 1
Indiana Jones – 13 (winner)
Buffy - 2

Round 2
Don Corleone – 8 (winner)
Wesker - 7

Discussion for Battles 3 and 4 now open!
Maximus Decimus Meridius vs Dutch | Cleric John Preston vs Riddick

Anybody may voice their opinions on the matter at any time.

I will wait to hear what people have to say regarding battle 3 since I have not seen Predator in its entirety.

In regards to Round 4, my money is on Riddick. John is a master of what is basically gun kung fu and is more than a challenge in a shootout. Unfortunately for the Cleric, that is not Riddick’s style. Riddick is a master survivalist and tactician able to escape from some of the most dangerous creatures in the most inhospitable environments. Every form of martial arts has key elements that follow through all the techniques, that is how practitioners are able to tell styles apart from just a few basic maneuvers; Riddick is the type to use these telltales to find a weakness and strike with lethal efficiency. He has defeated opponents whose abilities bordered on precognition with but simple short bladed weaponry. Even mundane objects such as a tea cup become potential weapons with which he can use to kill an enemy before they know what had delivered the fatal blow.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:35 am

Round 3 will be a very close call in my mind. It all comes down to the choice of weapons. Guns? Gotta give it to Dutch. Hand to Hand? Ditto. Blades? Maximus. Tactics? Again, Maximus. Sheer charisma, though? There, I have to go with Maximus for his ability to move a crowd.

Round 4 is a bit simpler in my mind, Riddick because he is the ultimate survivalist/fighter. He knows literally nothing else.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:49 pm

Round 4- My vote for what it is worth will also have to go to Maximus, the man is a freaking general. You don't send a simple soldier to kill a General and there is a bloody good reason why.

Round 3- Riddick, need I say more?
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:45 pm

Hisoka wrote:Round 4- My vote for what it is worth will also have to go to Maximus, the man is a freaking general. You don't send a simple soldier to kill a General and there is a bloody good reason why.

For the record Dutch is a major in the United States Special forces and leads the most elite team of commandoes in said army. A general in ancient times had less control and power at his disposal then Dutch does.

Also Dutch killed the Predator, a ruthless alien killer who slaughtered all the other elite soldiers in his unit. Including one who principal skill was a with a blade. Dutch outsmarted it and tricked it with the use of traps. He also fashioned a bow and arrows from the forest and created explosive arrow heads from the ammunition for his lost gun. And finally he killed it by smashing it over the head with a rock that Maximus would not have even been able to lift. He also outran a small nuclear explosion

Thirdly he killed a bunch of soldiers with an oil pumping truck with C4 in the back. If that isn't bad ass, what is?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:27 pm

Preston vs. Riddick? I have to go with the Cleric! xD
Remember that he doesn't just use guns, he can use blades, too. Also, he does the flatline thing.

The only weakness I can see for Preston is that it's a 1-on-1 duel, where Clerics are a lot better when outnumbered upwards of six to one. His specialty is being in the best place in a gunfight. If it's only one person, the advantage is weakened.

Still, though, say they both have a gun in an open field.
Preston wins for being sure-shot and doge-bullet-y.
Indoors? Riddick probably couldn't get the drop on Preston because Preston can sense people. That being the case, gun or sword, I think Preston wins.
Just sword? I still think Preston would probably win--you saw how efficiently he took care of the face guy.

Preston's gun and blade versus Riddick's anything-a-weapon?
Since running away doesn't count--which Riddick would probably do if he's a survivalist--I'm not sure just throwing random weapons would do much good. Preston can dodge, remember?

It's kinda like logic-guided muscle memory versus instinct-driven cunning. I think Preson's efficient, effective fighting style would win, especially since he's better with guns. Ranged attack.

There's also the pure coolness factor of the epicness that is Gun-Kata. Plus, Christian Bale is awesome. So is Vin Diesel, definitely, and his blades are pretty epic themselves. But... yeah, that Gun-Kata is something else. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:23 pm

Maximus may have been an Ancient Roman soldier but he was still a General during a time when the rank still meant something. And as for Dutch the man isn't even close to reality and while they took artistic license with Maximus he is still very plausible. And in a real fight 90% of Dutch's tricks and traps wouldn't work period. And furthermore Dutch may be a special forces soldier but anyone who knows anything about history knows soldiers of the ancient past had harder training regiments. They had because the battles they fought would kill lesser men. And their skills with their weapons had to be top notch because lack of advance medical knowledge meant even simple wounds could become lethal. The average Roman Centurion was both tough mentally and physically then even the best special forces of today . And Maximus was anything but average. Being a General meant not only were his tactical skills top notch but being a lead from the front type his martial abilities were honed over a life filled with campaigns. Maximus was a general during the height of Rome's glory where a life in the legions meant every waking hour was spent either training or fighting wars with tough barbarians of the north or legendary Samaritan horsemen. Not even the boastful American Rangers can say the same. Frankly Dutch is outclassed in every conceivable way. And his only real advantage would be firearms and we all know he tends to lose those rather quickly.

As for Riddick the man killed the Lord Marshall of the Necromongers. A man with omnipotent power who could also sense anyone coming up behind him. And Riddick didn't use a sneak kill to kill the Lord Marshall. He used straight up fighting and won. Frankly I think Cleric would stand about as much chance against Riddick as a snowball in hell. Riddick may act more on instinct then logic but as Bruce Lee said once you need to combine the two to be an effective fighter and Cleric has no instinct whatsoever. And given Riddick's history as a Furyian (not sure if I spelled that right) he also has a deep emotional well to draw from. Logic, Instinct,Power, and as Bruce Lee put it emotional content make up a great fighter. And all Cleric has is power and Logic. While Riddick is more the adequately blessed with all four aspects of a great fighter.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:35 pm

I am going to have to go for Dutch. Although it is unusual for me to go against generals, especially roman ones, I have this to say: its Dutch! Don't look at it comparing stuff: guns, indoors, etc, I mean if we did that half of these battle would be a mismatch. We have to put things in perspective.

Dutch is an elite soldier in an elite squad of soldiers. He is the sole survivor and KILLER of an alien attacker who would simply take one look at Maximus, laugh, then blow him up. The modern man, even if roman legions are allegedly tougher, is smarter and wittier than a man from ancient room ever could be. Dutch wins. Maximus is a tactician (in the general battlefield) and a decorated soldier. He is very bad ass. I must say, if we had to compare, it would be close. However, I am not comparing, just looking at each independentley and I still think this: Dutch wins.

As for the second battle... I am going to have to go for Riddick, just because I know who he is and I have no clue who the other guy is. :S
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:24 pm

Riddick.

Okay, let me just say, Riddick is a badass. Riddick sits, and waits, and in the dark he f***s you up so that you can't eat unless you can put it in your IV. Riddick, let's start with Pitch Black. PITCH BLACK: He effed up all the little alien things in the middle of the night. In pitch darkness, there was Riddick, saving lives and kicking inhuman ass. Then Chronicles of Riddick, where he just took his awesome and made sauce out of it.

And Maximus. Just because. Gladiators are like hard core, cold, killers, and you know, I just personally believe that Maximus is the kind of man that starts a battle and goes on til death, and isn't afraid to push the boundaries of a fight.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:55 pm

The polls for Round 3 and Round 4 are now open.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:54 pm

Round 3
Maximus Decimus Meridius – 7 (winner)
Dutch - 3

Round 4
Cleric John Preston – 1
Riddick - 9 (winner)

Discussion for Battles 5 and 6 now open!
Neo vs The Joker |Rebeca Buck vs Aragorn Elessar/Strider

In the meantime, I have an idea for how to make things a little more interesting. What do you all think of having the victorious party RP a brief scene of how their candidate defeated their opponent? This is a RPing site after all. It wouldn't require a minimum post length, but the more flashy and interesting the finisher, the more likely you are to get another vote or two in the next match up from showing just how badass they are. Poll is open for this option.

I think we can all agree that the Joker is a genius when it comes to ways of killing and tormenting people. The question is: does this competition take place inside of the Matrix or outside? Inside, Neo's blinding speed and power would easily trump that of the Joker. Outside of the Matrix, where human civilization is struggling for survival; that is the Joker's realm.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:05 pm

Battle 5...I'd have to say the Joker. I've never seen The Matrix, but I know Neo is pretty badass; still, the Joker has way too many backup plans to be killed by...well, anyone. Plus, the Joker has all those little traps and gadgets; all the Joker would have to do is surround the area with his custom laughing gas and Neo would lose.*

*Not sure on that since I'm not sure how laughing gas and the like works in the Matrix.

Battle 6...don't really know who Aragorn is, but I've seen Tank Girl, and Rebecca's badass, definitely. She knows how to handle herself in a fight, and plus, LotR is basically medieval type things, right? I'm fairly sure Aragorn wouldn't stand a chance against a tank.

Purely hand to hand...well, again, I don't know Aragorn, but I think they would be fairly evenly matched.

Vote has to go to Tank Girl/Rebecca Buck.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:11 pm

Being opposite in knowledge, I have to go with Aragorn. Not only is he Dunedain (an extremely reselient race of men) he ends up becoming King of Gondor, which is nothing short of some major resources. Putting something non-medieval against something medieval isn't really fair in the first place. Take away all technologies and Aragorn would definitely win in a fight. I mean, he can hold up a fully armoured dwarf with one hand! That takes strength! haha
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:11 pm

Neo wins in either world. He EMP'ed the sentinels, so he can probably use some of his powers even outside of the Matrix.
The joker would just cause trouble. Agent of Chaos, remember? He might even want Neo alive, same as Batman.
So yeah, I'm betting on Neo. He already half wins for the Matrix, and the Joker would probably prefer to be in the Matrix as well, where there's more trouble TO cause.

I don't know who Rebecca Buck is, so I have to say Aragorn Elessar wins by sheer force of destiny. Razz

Also, we should TOTALLY role-play the battles at the end!
Just like Deadliest Warrior! xD

Edit:
What Ryona said, totally.
If Becky gets a Tank, Aragorn gets Gondor. Aragorn wins. ^^
Becky gun, Aragorn sword, Becky wins.
Both hand-to-hand, Aragorn wins. 2/3, I go with Aragorn. Nod

Last edited by Kalon Ordona II on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:12 pm

Apart from Ragter, I'd say Aragorn is definitely a more popular figure. She didn't even come up in google...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:05 pm

I'm just going to basically go

"What Kalon said."

Score one for Neo and Aragorn. XD
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Yah, I am going to say what Eternity said and so, by default, what Kalon said.

I don't think there is much else to it, really.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:33 am

I would absolutely love to say that the Joker could win in a fight against Neo, but I'm not entirely certain that's true. Besides, as Kalon said, the Joker would much rather be IN the Matrix so that there's more eggs in his proverbial basket, if you catch my drift, and then that's where Neo is at his strongest. Sadly, I've got to give it to Neo on that one.

As for the other, definitely Aragorn. Mostly because he's the only one I know of in the fight and partly because he's just a downright badass. Plus, Liv Tyler. The awesome points pile up in his favor.
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:23 am

Honestly I have to say the joker. Just my gut feeling really. Neo is not exactly good at picking up subtleties if we go by what happened in the movies. The joker lives on tricks, treachery, and traps. I think even in the matrix it is possible that the joker could be victorious because he is the joker after all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:05 pm

Neo also has the Oracle, though. Wink
Besides, how is the Joker going to top an army of Smiths?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:08 pm

Because the Joker is so awesome that if batman had not intervened he would have virtually singlehandedly destroyed the city of gotham.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:48 pm

Neo gets my vote. I mean he is the chosen one,the chosen one never loses that is why they are chosen. And frankly the Joker is good and all but in the end he is no actual fighter that is why Batman won their fight.

And Strider also gets my vote my sheer force of destiny as well.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:31 pm

We all know that this has been done before. Here is my proof! Go Mr. Rogers! (just thought that needed to be reiterated)

As for current battles I have to vote Neo only because his powers extend outside the matrix. Otherwise I would have to say Joker but since Neo can rip his head off in a telekinetic fashion I got to give my vote to Neo.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:59 am

The poles for rounds 5 and 6 are now open.

By near unanimous vote, the victors of each battle will have the option of RPing how the battle played out, or at least how it ended. Again, this isn't the IC section, so there is no post requirement for it. I have no doubt that the more effort you put into it, the more entertaining this game will become.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:38 am

Round 5
The Joker – 5 (winner)
Neo - 4

Round 6
Rebeca Buck – 0
Aragorn Elessar/Strider - 9 (winner)

IConsumedMyWings and Ryona Noel may either submit the dramatic conclusion to their bouts, accept a volunteer to do it for them, or simply pass on the offer. Once posted, I will link each contender's dramatic demise in the player listing so that it can be archived for easy reference so that anybody can look back upon its epicness.

Discussion for Battles 7 and 8 now open!
Spock vs MacGyver | Major Eden Sinclair vs Ash

In the battle between strategic logic and resourcefulness, I'm going to have to side with resourcefulness. Anybody that can save the day with common items that one would find in their pocket earns major bonus points to the engineer in me. This truly is the battle of wits, and I have a feeling that MacGyver would come out on top by a hair.

I do not know much about Eden Sinclair, hopefully Shadow can shed some light onto the character for me. In the meantime, I'm just gonna say that it takes a real badass to cut of their own arm and replace it with the very same chainsaw used to perform the amputation. Plus, Ash knows the infinite ammo cheat for his shotgun in the third movie.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:09 am

Well I have to give props to the sheer resourcefulness of MacGyver this is Spock we are talking about. The guy is a walking encyclopedia of what to do right when faced with hostile alien life forms. He's quick, decisive, and above all calm in the face of danger. If nothing else the man or rather half Vulcan gets a phaser (not sure if that is spelled right.) and that awesome nerve pinch of his. And frankly Captain Kirk would have been dead long ago if it weren't for Spock. Keeping a schizo like Kirk alive in face of Klingons and rival captains isn't an easy job.

I really have no idea who Eden Sinclair is at all. And I am far too lazy to Google him at the moment. But for Ash this is all I have to say....Hail to the King baby.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:50 pm

uh, Hisoka, apparently Eden Sinclair is a female, from the movie Doomsday; yay for wikipedia.

For the Spock vs. MacGyver, I'd say...MacGyver. Like it's been said, if you can make objects with everyday items, you deserve some props. Sure, Kirk might have a phaser, but I'm sure that MacGyver could come up with something to defend himself.

Sinclair vs. Ash...definitely Ash. From what I can tell, Sinclair is just a warrior, albeit from the future. Ash, on the other hand, has a lot on his side. He's dealt with more than just humans, and from just seeing the third movie(I think, anyway...), I can tell that it would be difficult to beat him.

Last edited by Ragter the junior greeter on Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : lol, Doomsdaw.)
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:08 am

Thank you for the input Hisoka and Ragter, with some discussion, I can finally open the polls!
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next