FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TOKoR Artbook

4 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

TOKoR Artbook  - Page 4 Empty Re: TOKoR Artbook

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:57 am

Eric Flying High WIP

Alright, I know I promised to keep the distractions to a minimum - and if you look at the post above, you'll see, I've done a fairly good job of restraining myself and my need for immediate attention Sweat Drop - but I just got too excited and needed to post this.

It's not finished yet, but I think it's pretty clear where I'm going with it. Laughing I'll leave my plans for the word bubbles a secret until the end reveal - which should be in about 20-30 minutes or so. Razz

Last edited by TimeOfTheEye on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:59 am

I don't know what's making me happier: this picture or your new avatar.

Then again, I did make an 'OOH!' sound when I got the update notice. Very Happy
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2851668/1/The_Other_Kind_of_Roomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:10 am

Also: WHERE DID ALL THESE OTHER SKETCHES COME FROM? Why wasn't I told earlier? Who do I blame for making me miss these? >8U
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:15 am

Well, technically, I'M the one you'd blame. >.> I had planned to officially update the thread tomorrow - technically today and it was a bit of a surprise. ^^

Eric Flying High

Alright, so the word bubbles are a little obvious - especially Eric's - but I thought it was humorous anyways. I wanted to have Benoit cursing in French and I figured a simple "Fuck!" would be sufficient - I'm not sure if that's what it says, but according to the site I looked at, that's what that word means...

Last edited by TimeOfTheEye on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:23 am

EHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!

This is the noise I've been (and am still) making looking at this. I'm also taking short breaks from typing to flap my hands around excitedly. I clapped a few times, too.

THAT POOR PILOT. How the heck are they still in the air if the guy passed out? Silly, weak stomach!

As for dear Benoit, I kind'f had him as French-Canadian (I had the teeniest, tiniest mention of it that I can't even find right now) because I'm a loser and like shoving Canada into everything, so 'WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING, YOU LUNATIC?!' would be neatly wrapped up in a good ol' 'Tabarnak'. But I think given his 'Oh God, we're all going to die and it's going to happen while trapped on a plane with this crazy man', putain works. Very Happy
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:30 am

I KNEW it! I so knew when you said he was "French" that you meant he was Canadian as well! Welllll...alright, so I only suspected such, but I kinda figured. ^^; And I love that you mentioned making those gestures - as I was drawing it, I occasionally had to stop for making excited noises and laughing because it was turning out to be a very silly picture - which is why I gave in and posted the update early.

The pilot only passes out in the picture because it's funnier that way. Razz I coulda had him looking terrified, but I figured passing out was a bit more fitting.

Edit: Editted it so it says the appropriate thing. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:18 am

I can't believe you changed it! More hand flapping! XD
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:35 pm

Of course! Although you said "Putain" would "work", I want these illustrations to be specific and unique to our role-play, and it's little details like that - where Benoit would most likely say the one phrase over the other while in a moment of distress - that make it OUR role-play and not just a little funny picture of some dudes on a plane.

But...put more simply: it was just extremely easy to change it, so I did. Razz

And I had an idea before I went to sleep earlier for something that I think will DEFINITELY cause more hand-flapping - I only say this because it had ME flapping my hands just thinking about making it. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:05 pm

Xandoodle

... ROFL

Last edited by TimeOfTheEye on Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:08 pm

I just straight cracked up. This is too perfect! I almost don't want to ask where the goat is! XD

I'm not gonna stop laughing for a while.
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:14 pm

Actually, the cow started as a goat, but it was hard to tell what it was, so I made it a cow instead. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:15 pm

I can't get over this. It's an innocent farm until the orgy. Laughing Oh dear, Time! What have I made you draw? I think Xander ruined you Smile And me.
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:26 pm

Well, from the way Xander spoke about it, he almost seemed offended that Alex didn't notice how "adorable" the farm part of his doodle was, so I thought of it as a bit separated from the rest as the eye trails over it.

I wouldn't have things any other way. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:29 pm

You just made this more hilarious!

"I've got a farm, I've got a cow, I've got a sheep - ooh, Alex is gonna be so impressed! I've got a while until he wakes up, though. Maybe I could squeeze a pig in - WRITHING ORGY LET'S GO GO GO!"

Alternatively:

"This cow is not even close to what I wanted to draw."
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:10 am

OMG! LOL! I love that! XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:12 pm

Odd Couple

Alternative title: "No. You're not eating that, Benoit."

Recently, I reread the scene where a drunken Benoit mentions "crying" over Jean and I got sad all over again that Jean was gone. Don't get me wrong; I FRIGGING ADORE Eric! He's cut from the same cloth as Xander as far as magnetic and dynamic personality - although Eric is kinda the "creepy" side of said cloth. Sweat Drop

But for Benoit...I miss Jean. I agree with Jason's earlier assessment on how Eric's necromancy is affecting the Canadian-Frenchman. They were like an old couple bickering in an oddly affectionate way. To better articulate this, I illustrated the breakfast scene - the one where Stephanie orders food for Jason and Gwen hacks into Jason's head using his goggles - because I'm fond of the way Jean steps over Benoit's desire for sugar-based food and the Lead Agent...comfortably allows him to do it. ^^

I originally had Benoit kinda smiling, but the expression didn't quite fit.

Or maybe I'm just feeling overly sentimental because I recently rewatched the Jim and Pam wedding episode of The Office and I can't get Chris Brown's song "Forever" out of my head. 8[

Jim and Pam Wedding Youtube Link

Last edited by TimeOfTheEye on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:19 pm

;_;

Didn't have a good day today, so this cheered me up by making me sad. Jeaaaaaaannnn, whyyyyy? Aw, he was adorable! Benoit would've died of diabetes years ago without him.

... Hmm... That's something to keep in mind. Very Happy
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:22 pm

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that! D= Hug I'm glad it cheered you up though.

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:08 pm

May I say that you are a wonderful artist? I almost wish you could have drawn Azrael for me - it would have been lovely. Smile I have my own sketches of him too, so you would have had something to work off of.

Alas.
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:10 pm

Thank you, fragilefigure. ^^ Indeed! That would have been neat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:13 am

Bad Day

Xander doing his part to try and help cheer Tartra up. With a bit of persuasion from Alex, of course. ^^

Last edited by TimeOfTheEye on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:13 pm

Very Happy

This has cheered me up in the best way. I'm going to have to get a coffee and pretend I stole it from him.
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:33 pm

I'm very glad it helped! ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:43 am

TOKoR Artbook  - Page 4 Xanderwater2
(click picture for larger version)

Uninked Version

Xander Water/Emotive Portrait

A portrait of Xander done in watercolors. I've noticed that my art is getting a bit sloppy and rushed lately and decided to change mediums and see if it didn't slow me down. It most certainly did! And it was hard. =(

This is the first time I've used watercolors - or ANY paint - in probably 3-4 years. I'm extremely rusty and I've never been very good with them to begin with. The skin tones came out really orange and brown, but it's so hard mixing them right when the only colors you've got that fit the bill are red, orange, yellow and brown. And I kinda had to relearn how to blend and get the values working together - I remembered the important thing was "LOTS of water". But I dunno if it was the paper or what, but it collected on the page in puddles and buckled the page. I wasn't sure if I was suppose to keep going or...dab at it to dry it off...or wait for it to dry... or something...

Despite the little things that I know are wrong with it, I'm fairly happy with tonight's experimentation and I think it turned out "eh". ^_^ For a first time with watercolors in years, I'm very willing to accept anything that isn't "THIS SUCKS ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! >8U "

And I like the somewhat pensive look on his face. *titters*

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:57 pm

I kind of hate having to use this adjective on a picture of Xander - of all people - but this came out wonderfully flowery. I like the softness of it, and while I certainly miss the fine details you have with your marker pieces, it works here like the white background did for those amazing Stephanie sketches. I'm not sure it'd have the same effect for any of other characters (maybe Osono, but my non-art mind can't see it with any of the Agents or Alex or Gwen), but here it fits, and probably only because he's normally so violent. It's less 'ironic portrayal' and more 'rare glimpse of him relaxing'. And his expression is great. Definitely pensive, but I'd also say this is the closest he'd ever get to neutral.
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:07 pm

I really like that interpretation of it - as a contrast to his normally violent and aggressive nature. I didn't even think of that, but it fits wonderfully and I agree completely. None of the others would have it the same in this medium, except, like you said, probably Osono.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:48 am

TOKoR Artbook  - Page 4 Xander2-2
(click picture for larger version)

Xander Black and White

Just a black and white pen/crosshatched picture of Xander. Messing around with different techniques. He's so surly and pouty. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:25 am

This is definitely a style that can work for all the characters, but I love that you picked Xander to try it on first. Very Happy Yay! I made a good art subject! Mr. Grumpy Pants - you just got a latte. Crack a smile, silly! Razz
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:11 am

So, this thread seems to be mostly between Tartra and yourself, and I feel kind of rude interrupting, but I just looked at all of your sketches here and I had to say something.

You have an amazing range of abilities. Your portraits are very beautiful, but you can obviously draw a goofy, fun picture with just some markers.

I love your style, and now I'm so curious about these people - characters, I mean, haha - that I want to read your roleplay! Haha.

It always makes me wish I roleplayed with artists who liked to draw all the scenes! That would be so glorious.

Very nice job indeed. [:
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:20 am

Thank you for your comments, rain! And YES! I definitely encourage others to read the role-play because it is pure EPIC! cheers

Yeah, this thread is kind of an extended gift for Tartra - where my gushing about our role-play branches out into a creative outlet - but I do not mind other people leaving comments. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next