FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kalon/Sunwolf/Forbidden

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kalon/Sunwolf/Forbidden - Page 2 Empty Re: Kalon/Sunwolf/Forbidden

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:22 pm

The map looks great dude. I am glad all the cities worked out nicely. So what's the next step? We got our map and idea for the cities, culture and gods/goddesses.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:50 am

Right, now all we have to do is stuff everything else we wanted into it. Very Happy
Different humans with greek/roman tech, and all the little dragons and larger fairies and other creatures like trolls or imps or, I dunno, other kingdoms.

There should definitely be different kingdoms. I wonder if the cities would be more like city/states, or if they'd be capitals of countries.
Whichever you prefer. Either way, there should be countries outside the cities; for one thing, that way our war-like city (Arba) can see some wars and fighting. ^^

There should be areas for dragons, unless they don't congregate. They're on the small side, so I can see them in forests or something.

As we're doing this, we can work in some brainstorming for the plot; that way they can play off each other--the adding stuff and the plot ideas.

Also, when we're thinking about cultures, let's base it off of the cities and have surrounding places be derivative. I like to think of Asia when I come up with neighboring cultures. You've got Mongolia, which kinda looks like China, which kinda looks like Korea, which kinda looks like Japan. It's like a spectrum. ^^ I figure it'd be neat to have those similarities in there like that somehow. Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:59 am

I agree that there should be more kingdoms and think that we should think of these cities as one unified nation. It would make more sense that way and plus that means there would be travel routes between them all to promote connectivity. Also helps unify a people against another threat.

As for the creatures I always assumed that they roamed around the wild kinda like in a Final Fantasy game. There would be areas of congregation but not near cities.

I like the idea of different cultures spread around that have some similarities. It adds a sense of realism. Now should that be applied on a country level or a city level?

It sounds like you got the realm down and your map looks awesome so I will let you continue to work on the layout. Well, since I can't do anything with photoshop or programs of the like I will attempt to help out in different areas where I can do something Laughing

As for plot I had two ideas but I will just put them down here in short. One is the typical Greek hero story where the group is sent out by the gods to get an item. The other is a 3 sided cold war between the gods that is about to go hot unless the group stops it.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:06 pm

War between the gods sounds good. Very Happy Maybe one of the higher gods enlists them but has to do it covertly, or the other gods will cry foul. They have to keep up the cold war (whatever that is...?) until the party or parties can make the necessary changes and allow the proper gods to intervene for best result.

I'm sure we could come up with some good stuff for the gods to fight about. xD There is that one ambitious god, for one thing. And I'm sure the elemental gods might have certain ongoing arguments.... xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:40 am

Yeah it makes sense that with a large group of gods that not all of them would get along. A cold war is basically what the USA and USSR had between 1950 and the late 1980s. Basically if they fought it would be through proxy war and no direct challenge against each other. A lot of political maneuvers that are meant to undermine the other.

I was thinking that we would have 2 groups of gods and goddesses that pretty much don't get along and are always on the brink of war with each other and are maneuvering to counter the other sides ability to fight back. Now we just need an idea for them to fight over...
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:39 pm

Ok so where are we on this? I know I haven't posted in a while because I have been busy but I was wondering if we were still going to work on the plot or not. I am still game if you are.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:18 am

I can't believe it. Did I really forget to send the reply again? What's wrong with me? I never have problems like this in other threads. I even subscribed. :/

*sigh*
Here's my reply from... like... three weeks ago.
At the time I figured we had a ways to go to get on the same page, it looked like.

Oh, uh... I was actually thinking instead of the actual Greek gods. Hmm
Unless you really, really, really, really, really want to do the Greek ones, I really, really, really, really want to do original ones.
( see what I did there? you'd need at least five really's Smile )

Having real ones in there, even if we do modify them a bit, ties it in with the real world. I don't like playing things tied to the real world. Sad It stifles my creativity, because I have to worry about being true to whatever pre-established thing is there. If we keep the Greek gods, we'd be changing them a lot to fit them in this planned story, don't you think? I'm not sure how it would work, and I'm not sure I'd want it to.

So, if you DO really, really, really, really, really--or I suppose even just really, really, really, really--want to have the Greek gods, I'd need some convincing. Smile

I have a feeling perhaps our current concepts for this role-play are significantly less in alignment than we'd thought. Hmm

Maybe if we go over some semantics.

My concept of the Marks are tattoo-like markings somewhere on the body that grant different attributes. There are many different kinds of beings and creatures that can bestow Marks, but Fate is involved with Marks as well, so there's a kind of pecking order. Marks not only grant attributes or abilities, but also intertwine a person's fate with the mark-giver, to a degree. If a god bestows a Mark, it's going to have a significant effect on the course of your life. If something like a fairy grants a Mark, your might have some obligation to that person, or your paths will cross a few times, or something like that.

My concept of the gods are location-based overseers, where the highest god oversees everything, next level down oversees the entire world, next level focuses on elements--kinda like color channels in an image--and so on, with some looking out for separate lands or provinces. Each major god also has a patron city, a sort of personal capital.

My concept of demigods are not the Marked. I see TONS of people having Marks. In fact, I see a high percentage--like 40%--of people having at least one Mark. Most people live in the main cities, and a lot of the people in those cities would be Marked by the patron god if by no one else. But back to the demigods, I don't think of them as children of gods; to me they're just lesser gods, and the next level down would be other supernatural beings.

So let's say you had a Mark from the god over the city where you live. It would not be wise to travel to another city and try to get a second mark from the same type of god, unless the mark is placed on a significantly different part of the body. Significantly different in importance. If you have a Mark over your heart, it's not a very good idea to get a similar Mark anywhere in the vicinity of the first one; maybe on your hand or something.

I'll reiterate this with better organization.
Marks have three primary qualifications: Author, Type, and Location.
The Author could be a god, a demigod, a dragon, a fairy, a troll... just about any magicalish creature. The Type could be physical, mental, emotional, magical, spiritual, and so on. The Location could be forehead, arm, heart, chest, belly, thigh, back, hand, foot, and so on and so forth.
All these things combined give you a result.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2