FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greek Demigod style RP

3 posters

Go down

Greek Demigod style RP Empty Greek Demigod style RP

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:32 pm

Ok so I got this idea for an RP and yeah its kinda ripped off from the whole Percy Jackson series. Actually it’s going to be about 90% that realm because if I have to make it up all by myself I will drive myself insane trying to stay different from that series and the setup was pretty good anyway. So here is my version of the realm and what we will be working with for this RP.

The Greek Gods are alive and well in this day and age. Mount Olympus is situated in New York above the Empire State building (as the Gods move with the cradle of western civilization). They, of course, mix in with the mortals and have children who are called Demigods. These Demigods gain certain abilities that reflect their Godly parent. For instance a Demigod with Zeus as a father would be able to smite with lightning. At this point I would say you can choose any Godly parent you want (even Hera who in legend remained faithful to Zeus even though he didn’t).

Unfortunately there are still the mythological monsters that were slain by former Demigods. Some of the beasts work for the Gods while others don’t. Although slain they are reborn and always remain a threat to Demigods. This caused the creation of a schooling system for the Demigods. They could learn to control their powers and train with bladed weapons (Guns don’t work against the beasts) for the fights that will undoubtedly happen later in their life. There are 4 schools that train Demigods (one for each time zone in the continental US as the children from Hawaii and Alaska are shipped to the school in the west coast time zone). All Demigod weapons are made from a material called celestial bronze which is able to do damage to the mythological monsters but is unable to hurt humans. As Demigods are part god they are harmed by celestial bronze. This celestial bronze can be fashioned into magical items that will look like everyday objects but can transform into weapons or shields. For instance I am planning on having my character have a watch that turns into a Spartan shield with a sheathed Xiphos sword as well as a pen that turns into Dory spear. Both objects will magically return to the character if lost as will all celestial bronze weapons.

Bladed weapons and shields take years to master and Demigods are not only forced to learn the ways of the human world but the Olympian (Ancient Greek Mythology) world as well. As weapons training formally begins in the freshman year of high school there is not enough time for the students to master a weapon. This caused the creation of Olympian College where they continue their education and are given a chance to meet all the other Demigod children from around the US. Although not required the fact is that 90% of all students who decline going to Olympian College die in their first year after high school. Humans are unaware of the Olympian presence and can’t see mythological beasts.

Recently there has been a cold war brewing between the Olympian Gods. The enemies of the Gods, the Titans, are planning something as they are gathering together. There are three distinct groups in this cold war. The first group is supporters of an all out attack immediately which is led by Ares. The second group is supporters of a more diplomatic approach which is led by Athena. The third group is supporters of doing nothing and going about business as usual which is led by Hades.

The Titans, like the Gods, are unable to directly attack because of the possibility of destroying the entire cosmos. They are instead gaining strength by luring all the mythological beasts they can to their side. There is no explanation for these actions yet but this worries some of the Gods into warning the Olympian college to prepare for a possible war. As it is the center of most of the Demigods in the USA it is a prime target for the Titans to strike.

List of Greek Gods and Titans

Anyway that is a synopsis of the realm. This RP is going to revolve around a group of Demigods going up against whatever I consider the worst mythological beasts. When in question I am going to take from the realm of Percy Jackson first and then if it doesn’t exist then I will make it up. If you have any questions please ask and hopefully there is going to be enough interest to make a go at this RP.

Character sheet:

Name:

Olympian Father or Mother:

Appearance: (You may use photo with a short paragraph)

Powers/Abilities: (Must be from Olympian God)

Magical items and Weapons:

Brief history:

Code:

[b]Name: [/b]

[b]Age: [/b](17 or older)

[b]Olympian Father or Mother: [/b]

[b]Appearance: [/b](You may use photo with a short paragraph)

[b]Powers/Abilities: [/b] (Must be from Olympian God)

[b]Magical items and Weapons:[/b]

[b]Brief history:[/b]

Sunwolf’s character
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sunwolf007 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added my character)
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Greek Demigod style RP Empty Re: Greek Demigod style RP

Post by YenWen Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:26 pm

I'd just like to advise you about limitations when it comes to Olympian parents. A few goddesses to have vows of chastity, such as Artemis and Athena. I'd recommend you start doing A LOT of research. It comes in handy in many situations. It's one reason why the Percy Jackson series isn't very valid, is because it doesn't really follow mythology. However, as time is still going, there are exceptions, as you've proven. Just some advice from someone half-obsessed with the subject.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:33 am

I'd be interested in joining. Sounds like good fun
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:39 am

YenWen wrote:I'd just like to advise you about limitations when it comes to Olympian parents. A few goddesses to have vows of chastity, such as Artemis and Athena. I'd recommend you start doing A LOT of research. It comes in handy in many situations. It's one reason why the Percy Jackson series isn't very valid, is because it doesn't really follow mythology. However, as time is still going, there are exceptions, as you've proven. Just some advice from someone half-obsessed with the subject.

I understand that but if you do take into consideration the ones that are married and actually staying faithful almost half the main Gods are unable to be used in the RP. I know I am not a mythological expert and in fact I am very lacking in knowledge of that world but I just thought it would be fun to research stuff for an RP. Anyway I appreciate the advice.

Edit: DM glad to have you on board. You have a Olympian parent already picked out? I am going with Zeus.

Last edited by Sunwolf007 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to respond to DM's post)
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down