FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Legend of Korra - NEW AVATAR!!!

+7
Lumeus
Lara
Guilty Carrion
Kathryn Lacey
Sighlent
MoiraofWords
Fate Flyer
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Legend of Korra - NEW AVATAR!!! Empty The Legend of Korra - NEW AVATAR!!!

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:57 pm

http://tv.ign.com/articles/110/1107556p1.html

I am so excited for this! I know Kathryn will be as well. Very Happy
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Korra - NEW AVATAR!!! Empty Re: The Legend of Korra - NEW AVATAR!!!

Post by MoiraofWords Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:56 pm

I saw it the other day and it did make me smile. Odds that Kathryn already knew?
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Korra - NEW AVATAR!!! Empty Re: The Legend of Korra - NEW AVATAR!!!

Post by Sighlent Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:02 pm

OMG! I wonder what happened to the original cast in their lives. I hope they tell us! Very Happy
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:10 pm

Good odds on Aang marrying Katara. Sokka possibly is in a relationship with Suki... as that was his remaining love interest (unless I'm mistaken). Toph is something big in the earth kingdom or a hermit...

All my speculation. But we won't know until 2011 :0
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:27 pm

I was thinking that Kathryn might have heard of this. Very Happy

"Korra discovers that Republic City is plagued by crime as well as a growing anti-bending revolution that threatens to rip it apart. Under the tutelage of Aang’s son, Tenzin , Korra begins her airbending training while dealing with the dangers at large.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:37 pm

MoiraofWords wrote:Good odds on Aang marrying Katara. Sokka possibly is in a relationship with Suki... as that was his remaining love interest (unless I'm mistaken). Toph is something big in the earth kingdom or a hermit...

All my speculation. But we won't know until 2011 :0

Speculation agreed!!!
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:24 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOO
I love the story of the avatar. I watched the entire series and what have it ahah. Im very excited as well Mad Yay for nerds!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:37 pm

Speaking of speculation, here's some more really good speculations about the upcoming show. Very Happy

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Avatar:_Legend_of_Korra
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:45 am

Yep. You were right. I heard about this for the first time forever ago, but I only read the actual details for it on Wednesday, and I squeed with delight. However, a little part of me died inside when I learned that Katara is Tenzin's mother. I still held out hope for Zutara. ^;_;^

I read it in an interview with Mike and Bryan ((the creators of A:tLA)).

I do think it's awesome that Korra is a girl from the Southern Water Tribe. I mean, the last Water Tribe Avatar was Kuruk from the Northern Water Tribe, so it makes sense. I think it's really cool that they're going to have a chick be the lead for a change. It's so rare in action adventures.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:08 am

Not like infamous buffy-- Jking.

Was wondering when you'd join the thread kathryn!
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:19 am

Well, I don't frequent FoG as much. If I hadn't been so eager to share to what I was listening, I wouldn't have seen it at all.

I'm still excited about this, even if I am super disappointed about Zutara's not happening. ._.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:40 pm

That's awesome that you found out about this so long ago, Kathryn! I wouldn't have even heard of The Legend of Korra if it wouldn't have been for my boyfriend seeing it on IGN. (I'm terrible about hearing/finding news.)

I was kind of partial to the whole Katara/Zuko pair-up too. I figured that would end up being more of a fan couple though, seeing as how the series ended.

Oh, nice! Thanks for sharing that interview, Kathryn. ^_^ I especially love this part: "We just don’t subscribe to the conventional wisdom that you can’t have an action series led by a female character. It’s kinda nonsense to us."
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:56 pm

Yeah. I kept hearing little things about a sequel or a mini series that would be based after the events of the original series. I also found out a few months ago that the work-in-progress name would be Legend of Korra. However, I thought Korra would be a boy because well... it's so unusual to have a female be the major character in a show.

I'm not sure if LoK is going to be a mini series or a full series yet. Maybe if he has enough positivity in its reviews, they'll make it into a full series? Either that, or they can make an animated movie about it. =3

Normally, I'm not very good at finding news, either, but there's a website called Last Airbender Fans that keeps track of everything related to A:tLA. It's my major source of news. ^^_^^

I am disappointed that I can't find anything concerning auditions for voice acting jobs for Legend of Korra, though. Even if I just voiced one line for one character in one episode or something, it would be soooo amazing. XD

Yeah. That was a pretty cool interview in my mind, too. I love how they totally avoided talking about the live action version of A:tLA, like it was something they wish had never happened. I kind of wish the same thing... or I least wish it had had a different script writer. ._.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:58 pm

what you need to do is become friends with them kathryn. It's the first step to getting your foot in the door. and knowing all of the secrets >>
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:00 pm

You make it sound so much easier than it actually would be. ._.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:41 pm

This is some exciting news, I must admit. I am a smidgen of an Avatar fan myself(I did start my illustrious RPing career on an Avatar Fan Site) so more Avatar is always good.

However, on the subject of the movie...I'm afraid I must offer the dissenting voice. I still enjoyed it. Did it live up to the series? No. Did I expect it to? No. It's 10 hours, condensed into 1 and a half. Lots of stuff is going to get cut. It wasn't what everyone hoped it would be(although my only hope was that it didn't SUCK, which I don't believe it did.) but it still managed to tell an interesting story. Hell, my biggest complaint was about the spirit world bits, which were a little too...I dunno, cheesy for me. The style of'em just didn't work for me.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:46 am

I...I dreamed about this last night. This is bad. >.> (I guess that means I'm excited, or at least thinking about it though!)

A 'story' about my trip to see The Last Airbender, since I don't need to come up with a new rant about it, haha.

My friend, my sister and I took an impromptu trip to the theatre to see this. Why?

Friend: Lara, do you want to go see The Last Airbender? I heard it sucked, but I thought it'd be much more fun to go see it and laugh at its suckiness together.
Me: Sure.

And then we roped my sister into coming with us.

Sis: ...I heard it sucked.
Me: Yeh, we know.
Friend: We're going to go laugh at it!
Sis: Well...alright. Why not.

We found an afternoon showing of it at this really cheap movie theatre and went and bought our tickets. Everything was wonderful until we actually made it to the theatre it was showing in. We walked in at 3:17 for a 3:15 movie and saw...the movie already playing, at least five minutes in judging from where the scene currently on the screen. Swiftly, we walked back out, trying to puzzle out at the time whether the previous movie hadn't ended yet, or whether we had just arrived late. An old man working at the theatre was like "Yeah, it just started. ...You're gonna miss even more of it the longer you stand there."

So we trekked back in and found seats - at first I thought the theatre was empty, but there were actually five other people seated already. Seating arrangement looked like this:

--- --- --- --- --- ---
--- --- --- --- --- ---
--- --- --- --- --- ---
--- --- --- --- --- ---
--- --x x x --- --- ---
--- --- --- x x --- --
--- --- ---

We were the three on the left. The only other people we currently care about are the remaining x’s.

I walked into the theatre with as open a mind as I could possibly have when going in to watch a movie I already knew was going to be awful. A mere five minutes into the movie, if that, what tiny, miniscule hopes I had had for the movie were gone. Obliterated. I was beginning to wonder how I was possibly going to make it to the end of the movie, when…

The people seated closest to us started snickering and making fun of the movie.

It was then that I realized that The Last Airbender was going to be amazing.

It was as though permission had been granted. For the rest of the movie, all 12 of us (yes, amazingly enough we weren’t the last ones into the theatre!) made fun of everything that was wrong with what we were watching. Everything that sounded stupid. Everything that looked stupid. Everything that wasn’t like the cartoon.

Except the music. Oh no, I did not make fun of the music, for the music was as close to epic as I’ve heard since Pirates. I am in love with the music from this movie. <3

Peeves from the movie:

1. The way they pronounced the names. Especially “Aang”, “Iroh”, and “Sokka”. Oh, and “Yang”.
2. The fact that Iroh wasn’t fat! (It was one of his most endearing traits. Don’t get me wrong, Iroh is one of my favorite characters.)
3. The fact that, while in the Northern Water Tribe, the master immediately seems to have let Katara train with him.
4a. THE LACK OF THE KATARA VS. WATER TRIBE MASTER FIGHT. Grr.
4b. The fact that the fight they did throw in there was between Aang and the master, and it was LAME.
5. Poor script writing.
6. The fact that just before Katara and Zuko fought, they had no idea who the other was, when in the cartoon series they had already fought multiple times.
7. The fact that firebenders manipulated the fire around them, and thought that Iroh making it erupt from his fists was an amazingly scary thing…when in the cartoon THAT’S HOW THEY DO IT.
8. The overall super-fast pace of the movie. I’m sorry that, as a person having seen the cartoon series I know there’s more to it, but really, they sped around way too quickly.
9. The fact that THEY ONLY CONCENTRATED ON AANG.
9b. And that in concentrating ONLY on Aang, they completely eliminated so many important side characters! Where’s Jet?
9c. This ties into how they totally made up, like, half the things that happened in the movie, not staying true to the series AT ALL. What’s with replacing Haku’s story with some random earthbender girl? What the heck happened at the northern air temple? Where did you say they got the waterbending scroll from again? Xao did WHAT in the hidden library?
10. The distinct LACK of character development.
11. The hair accompanying the Blue Spirit mask. WTF was with that?
12. Why so serious ALL THE TIME, Aang?
13. There were definitely some events that happened in this movie that were from book 2 and 3. This was a movie about book 1. Grr.

Redeeming things about the movie:

1. The epic music.
2. The Katara vs. Zuko fight
3. The end of the final battle.
4. The ending credits. <3
5. Appa.
6. The fact that, while the actors might not have looked like the characters, they all sounded like them!

But yeah, anyway, highlight’s from the adventure….

1. My sister and I relieving our annoyance and poking fun at the fact that the bending didn’t occur until after minutes of waving their hands around. i.e., we began mimicking their hand motions exclaiming how we were bending. When we first started waving our hands around, my friend tried to get us to stop (she later explained it was because she thought the people seated behind us were actually trying to watch the movie) but she eventually gave in (“it looked like too much fun”) and soon all three of us were acting like fools pretending to bend the elements.

2. The scene between Sokka and Yue. When they finally kissed, the theatre erupted into catcalls, and at the end of it my friend was like “woot-woot!” and the guys seated closest to us died of laughter.

3*. At the end of the movie, we were the last three people in the theatre. We were talking about what we liked and didn’t like about the movie, and as we got up to leave this guy was coming in to clean the theatre.

Guy: Hey, did you guys actually like this movie?
Us: …No.
Guy: Huh. What’s it even about, anyway?
Us: -taking turns explaining-
Guy: …And the other movie, Avatar, is this like a sequel to that or something?
Us: No. They’re not related at all.
Guy: Oh. Okay.
(*This was actually a lot funnier in person, I promise. I just don’t remember the exact conversation.)

4. Airbending and waterbending in the bathroom. Bahahahahaha.

5. Soldier: “We are here to arrest that girl!”
Katara: “What did she do to you?!”
Soldier: “She was throwing tiny rocks at us from behind a tree!”
Group: “…”
Soldier: “…It hurt!”
My friend: Yeah…. Scary factor? GONE. COMPLETELY GONE.

tl;dr? Just go back and read the bullets; the rest is filler. XD
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:09 am

Whenever I make myself depressed by thinking about "The Last Airbender" movie, I just play this, and then I am not so depressed anymore.
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:17 pm

Lara, I totally feel your pain. I have my full review here.

I think you're upset about a lot of things that didn't matter, though. I don't care that Iroh wasn't fat because he was still spiritual and wise and himself. How did they pronounce "yang?" Did they say "yahng" instead of "yayng" because if they did, that's exactly how it's supposed to be said, and Koh even said it that way in the cartoon.

Also, his name was Haru, not Haku, and they made him into a little boy, not a girl. I thought he was a girl at first, too, but his father specifically called him his son.

Second, Zhao actually did find the scrolls that told him who the Moon and Ocean spirits are in Wan Shi Tong's library. If you remember from the show, in the first season, it showed him there, and in the second season, you learn that firebenders destroyed everything that pertained to the Fire Nation. Zhao did that.

I do think the music and most of the visuals ((minus the people having to spend like... ten minutes doing some fancy movement before any element even budges and how sometimes the element didn't seem to move in synch with the movements)) were effing amazing, though. I also liked how most of the characters actually sounded like the voice actors from the animated series.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:20 pm

I want to see it if even just to laugh at it >>
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:25 pm

I went because I genuinely wanted to see it. I'd been waiting two years for it. I had to see it. If they make a second and a third one - even if Shyamalan writes and directs them again - I'm going to see them in theatres. I have to. ^;_;^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:45 pm

Just to avoid cluttering the thread with The Last Airbender movie discussion, I'll ask that we redirect it to this lovely thread Sigh made for movie discussions awhile ago.

Fog's Movie Box Office!

Thank you.

Also, any more word on Korra? I need mah avatar fix!
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:27 pm

Monday, July 26th, 2010 - 21:47
Nope. Nothing new at this point in time. It's not due until 2011 ((probably autumn of that year since that's when new seasons of A:tLA always debuted)), so there's still a lot of time to wait and plenty of time to accumulate more news. ._.

EDIT
I just read a little more that was given at comic con by the creators! Here is that information. It's not super detailed, but even a little is better than nothing where this is concerned. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:26 pm

Posted 11.03.10
Guys!!! So, Dante Basco ((Zuko's voice actor)) blogged that he lent his sexy voice to a character in LoK!!! I'm really excited! Does this mean that Zuko's still alive and they'll have to age his voice? Is it a flashback with Zuko? Is it for one of Zuko's offspring ((even if they aren't steam babies :: sniffles :: ))? I'm so excited! I need to watch this new show!

Posted on 11.05.10
Why am I the only person who is still excited about this? Maybe something visual... that's not too abysmal ((I know! Wrong fandom! XD )) will get some of you guys excited?

A most-likely-legit line test was leaked on a blog by one of the original animators for Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Line Test Link if you can't watch the embedded video below.