FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Animal Within OOC [Ryona/Bird of Hermes]

2 posters

Go down

The Animal Within OOC [Ryona/Bird of Hermes] Empty The Animal Within OOC [Ryona/Bird of Hermes]

Post by Gadreille Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:07 pm

The Animal Within

Background

In a world where magic doesn't exist, a person with a genetic abnormality that so closely resembles magic has a hard time building an existence.

It is the rare ability of shapeshifting that I speak of. Shapeshifters have the ability to morph into an animal, the animal that represents their inner being. A shapeshifter usually discovers their power anywhere from the age of 12-18, around the same time as puberty. This affectation of their body forces them to spend equal time in each form, as in, 12 hours animal and 12 hours human. A shapeshifter can push the limit, but the more they push, the greater chance that they randomly morph into their alternate form. The longest one can stay in a single form is a week or so. Younger shapeshifters have less control over their power than older ones. This means that the younger one is, the more likely that they may be pushed into shifting through anger, excitement, fear, etc. With age comes better control.

It is difficult surviving in a world where the hours of the day are siphoned off to multiple roles that must be lived: family member, employee, student, community member...where does one find time to just be themselves and release the animal within?

This is the story of two shapeshifters who struggle with this balance.

Characters

• Ryona Noel as Dahlya Williams
    Age first shifted: 16
    Curent Age: 20
    Animal: Panther
    Current Roles: Student at (name University), Employee at Used Book Store
    Location: Lives with roomates off campus near (name Univeristy), a two hour drive from her hometown.
    The Animal Within OOC [Ryona/Bird of Hermes] Duoab

• Bird of Hermes as Jordan Xavier
    Age First Shifted: 13
    Current Age: 20
    Animal: Common Raven (Corvus corax)
    Current Roles: Part-time student, unemployed
    Location: Lives in a condominium inherited recently from her mother.
    The Animal Within OOC [Ryona/Bird of Hermes] Jordan10

Last edited by Ryona Noel on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

The Animal Within OOC [Ryona/Bird of Hermes] Empty Re: The Animal Within OOC [Ryona/Bird of Hermes]

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:29 pm

Name: Jordan Xavier
Age First Shifted: 13
Current Age: 20
Animal: Common Raven (Corvus corax)
Current Roles: Part-time student, unemployed
Location: Lives in a condominium inherited recently from her mother.
The Animal Within OOC [Ryona/Bird of Hermes] Jordan10
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

The Animal Within OOC [Ryona/Bird of Hermes] Empty Re: The Animal Within OOC [Ryona/Bird of Hermes]

Post by Gadreille Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:31 pm

Got your character up, and edited myself with some creepy cat eyes Very Happy

I'll post up an IC tonight. I have a couple of ideas but I'm not sure which to start with.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:14 pm

Oh. Nice eyes. I now just pictured you turning into a panther, which was kind of scary.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:22 pm

Very Happy

I posted, it wasn't as exciting or long as I had hoped for but after a long, difficult day I couldn't whip up anything better. Sad
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down