FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Major Life Changes

+14
Weiss
Adrius Frostglare
Loki
Gunneh
Sunwolf007
Sighlent
Hello Danger
Kathryn Lacey
Ragter the junior greeter
ImmortalSin
Kalon Ordona II
The Melancholy Spirit
Bird of Hermes
Fate Flyer
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Major Life Changes Empty Major Life Changes

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:25 pm

I don't know how to say this, but just last night, Axiom Awaits/Tony (my fiance) and I broke up... Although this was something I was trying to understand and deal with for quite some time, no amount of time could have prepared me for this. I don't know what's going to happen to him or I or what I'm going to do about my living situation. It's really hard for me to talk about this right now, and so much is uncertain.

I am so sorry, but I just cannot be around right now, and I really don't know when I will be returning. I don't plan on just abandoning you guys, but please bare with me and understand... This is not easy. Right now, my real life is the most important thing.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Major Life Changes Empty Re: Major Life Changes

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:25 pm

I don't know what to say. I want to say comforting words, but I have never been good at that sort of thing.

Just know that I will be thinking of you and that you are in my prayers. I wish you the best on your journey.

Remember, there are always people here who love you.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:15 pm

Real life should always be the most important. I'm positive that most, if not all, those who are 'active' around here will find it easy to bear with you and understand.

Take all the time you need, Fate. Do what you must do to get through it, whatever that may be and wherever it may take place. Here, there, anywhere. As Hermes said, you've people here who care for you. I refrain from using the word love simply because I find it is tossed around far too frequently these days... but they do care for you and thus, should fully understand your absence.

Take care of yourself. Smile
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:24 pm

Anyone can easily speak for all of us on this one, I'm certain: We're all behind you, Fate. No matter what happens, you'll always have us to fall back on. I just wish we could be there in person, ready and waiting whenever you need a helping hand. I know you'd do the same for any of us. If our words can afford you even some small comfort or strength, then I will most gladly write these, and more.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:22 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that Fate. As everyone else has said, and will most likely continue to say - please don't worry about us. As long as you're looking after yourself we'll be happy. You've already got a great team on here who I'm sure will look after everything in your absence.

We'll all be patiently awaiting your return.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm

Wow..I'm not too sure what to say, so I suppose I'll go with the others and offer my words of encouragement and strength as well.

We're all indeed here for you and can wait indefinitely for you to take as much time as you need.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:18 am

Fate, I'm really sorry for what you must be going through. My best friend recently broke up with her fiancé, and I can say that maybe it's better that you two realized your problems before you actually tied the knot. If things don't actually work out between you two, I am very sorry, but you're a very strong woman, and I know you'll be all right after a while.

I'm always here if you need to talk. You're a great person, and I'm just one of many who are behind you and who will support you. I'm also one of many who realize that you need to sort through the things in your real life before you come back to us. We'll wait for you with the utmost patience.

I hope everything works out well for you in the end. :: hugs ::

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:07 pm

wtf! I feel like an asshole!

I sent you a PM with my art request like a day ago - not knowing your irl situation! I'm soooo sorry. I'll be sending you a PM.

heart x 10!

I hope everything works out.
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:45 pm

We love you Fate. I'm sure that everything will work out for the better just try to hang in there. I've been what you're going through and believe me I know it's difficult. Just take care hun.
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:09 pm

Well when I am feeling down about something I try as hard as I can to come up with as many possible positive things that I can do because of the event that bums me out. In other words I try to remain positive and look at the good things that can happen. I don't know if this will help at all but I do know that it is bad to sit around and just think about how crappy your life is. If that is the case get out and see a movie or read a book you haven't read yet. Just do something every day to distract yourself for at least a few hours. Anyway I hope things start turning around for the better for you soon. We are all here for you when you decide to come back.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:11 pm

I feel stupid because I've not seen this sooner....

I am soooo sorry, Fate. Just be sure to get yourself straightened out and then come back to us when you're ready Very Happy Kalon, Weiss and I have got some very awesome things lined up for the site, and Eternity and Shades are back, so we've got the rest of the Round Table to watch the castle.

We've all got your back on this, Fate. No worries.
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:02 pm

Hey, guys! Wow, I'm missing SOOO much!!! I am so incredibly sorry, and I wish there was a more meaningful way of apologizing that I could articulate. Thank you all for being so supportive and so forgiving and understanding. You have absolutely no idea how much that means to me, and I am so lucky to have such a warm, friendly community here and such an amazing and wonderful staff.

There still is A LOT going on with me in regards to my life right now, and a lot of it is personal, but school is also one of the biggies. I only have one quarter left, so all my classes are getting hectic and crazy, and there's more work than ever. Next quarter (my last), we even have to make our very own video game that is playable for a Team Game class, so that is going to be ridiculous haha. Not looking forward to all the work next quarter, as this one already is too much, I think. But anyhow, as I said, I still have a lot going on.

However! I am going to try and be around here more often now. I am so sorry for my absence and everything that I've missed.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:52 pm

Welcome back Fate! We all missed you so much, even Charlie (he became more articulate in his British while you were away...)!

Good luck with your quarter, we'll continue to root for you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:53 pm

Aw, thanks, Agenda! That's sweet. I missed Charlie and his Britishness too!!

Thank you!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:19 pm

Welcome back FoG Mother! As you can tell, you left us in the hands of capable sitters. Make sure you tip them well. Laughing
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:34 pm

Fate, I think I missed this whole episode... but even so, I wish to say I hope everything is better now and you've healed. So long as you have breath, you have a chance at happiness. Glad you're back, hope you stick 'round for a while, have a drink, maybe go bowling OH OH OH WE COULD PLAY CLUE! I call Colonel Mustard!

...Randomness tends to distract, distraction brings smiles, smiles make people happy. It makes perfect sense, really.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:26 pm

I'm glad that you seem to have a little bit of a better handle on things. No worries about what's still going on with your life. Things like this wouldn't be particularly simplistic from which to move on, and even if it is, there are always more things to do. heheheh

I agree that the staff has done a really great job in your absence, so be sure to give them all hugs when you're able. heheh

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:26 pm

*exasperated exclamation*

I apologize once again. I have not been home at all much lately, and usually when I'm online, it's either at school or on someone else's computer, so I really haven't had much at-home-alone-me-and-my-computer-time. That definitely makes posting and being active and starting to work on things really difficult, I know. I wish I could say that things will be returning to normal very soon, but to be honest, it won't.

I'm filled to the brim with school projects, firstly, which is not fun. Still, I keep reminding myself that I'll be done in June!

I've also been downtown in Chicago a lot lately and staying over with my friends there in their apartment in the city. I've met a lot of really cool people recently ever since the breakup, and it's been really wonderful to have friends again, but it also keeps me busy when I'm not otherwise preoccupied. So, my weekends are virtually spent all downtown or working on homework (or, more often, both).

I'm still going to try and be here whenever I can!

Meanwhile, here you go! This is for an animation project my friend is doing. It's me! :]
Major Life Changes DSCF8775Sig
I have electrical powers!
Major Life Changes DSCF8804Lightning
I am Cole's partner in Empire City! I will be a playable character in inFAMOUS 2 (I wish)!
Major Life Changes DSCF8894
I get tired and out of breath after causing big electrical explosions though. XD
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:55 pm

That's really cool, Fate! The middle picture is the best, I think, because the lightning appears more white, which makes it look brighter, which makes it look more powerful. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:10 pm

hahah Those pictures are awesome.

The second one looks dangerous, though. Didn't you ever watch Heroes? Elle would always electrocute herself if someone splashed her with water. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:04 pm

Kathryn Lacey wrote:hahah Those pictures are awesome.

The second one looks dangerous, though. Didn't you ever watch Heroes? Elle would always electrocute herself if someone splashed her with water. =3

No that was only if she was using her powers while in water. At least in season 2. In season 3 for a few episodes she would involuntarily shock herself, and water would trigger it very well during that time.

I did watch Heros

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:10 pm

Um... That's what I meant. There's no reason why she should be shocked if she refrained from using her abilities despite being wet...

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:19 pm

Seriously, does it really matter? Raptorman, please refrain from making posts that have nothing to do with the thread content. If you're going to post, you could, at the very least, say something to Fate. You know, saying how it's great that she's doing well, how we miss having her around; that kind of stuff. This isn't a thread about Heroes.

[Sighs.] Glad you're doing well, Fate. Hope we start seeing you around soon. We could use your presence.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:56 pm

Well, then I am sorry. Sometimes threads do seem to go off on tangents.

And I do agree the pictures are good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:13 am

Hang in there Fate! We're routing for you; I don't care what Gunneh says about ya. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:20 am

I don't know about you, but I'm rooting for her, not "routing" for her.

Don't worry about us right now. We have a good staff to keep us happy and healthy. Having a real life is important.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:30 am

Kathryn Lacey wrote:I don't know about you, but I'm rooting for her, not "routing" for her.

Don't worry about us right now. We have a good staff to keep us happy and healthy. Having a real life is important.

Wow. I just got pwned by Krathyn.

*once again does not bother to perform a spell check.... or a grammar check for that matter*

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:33 am

"Um... Hate to do this again, but..."

Kathryn lifts her crossbow and releases the arrow.

"My name is Kathryn, not Krathyn."

Anyway, Fate, what kind of program did you use for the lightning?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:28 am

I don't know about you Kathryn, but I'm personally thinking of Fate every time I rout an enemy. And I'm sure she routed more than a few people with her electricity powers!

Nevertheless, that first picture is "hawt". I just love the lighting in it.
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:08 pm

Fuck Sake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content