FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

King of Fighters: The Brawler Chronicles

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

King of Fighters: The Brawler Chronicles Empty King of Fighters: The Brawler Chronicles

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:47 pm

King of Fighters: The Brawler Chronicles

History: A village was attacked by raiders, everyone was killed but a small boy that fled the scene. The raiders tracked the boy down and was about to kill him when a man appears with great battle strength to protect the boy. He did not know the village was under attack nor did he know the boy was fleeing for his life from bandit raiders. He was following his code of life to protect innocents from evil and to slay all evil immediately seen. As the last bandit raider died, the man spoke to the boy and learned of his name. A good name, a bold name. The man took the young child into his house hold to raise him, train him, and call him his own son. The man's home is a dojo inside a town well known for planting the land's richest tasting rice. In time the man's dojo swelled with students but it was his the boy that sparked happiness in his heart but all things come to an end. The boy grew to know of the world's problems, grew to hate the evil spreading across the lands. War was upon them and it was the dojo schools of martial art combat that were the backbone of each kingdom's army. So the boy debated with his master, his father, to join the war and help put a stop to the spread of evil which has rooted itself like cancer into the country sides. The debate was lengthy and the boy's father forbid him to go but stubborn as the boy is, went anyways. After several years, the boy learned of how the destructive teachings of his martial art combat techniques turned him into and by the kingdom he fought for called him: Sevaar. A title that only the strongest and most destructive warriors are given. Hardened, angered, and ravaged by the effects of war, the boy's heart grew dark with anguish for the actions he has committed. At the end of the war, the Sevaar disappeared mysteriously into the shadows so the next age in the man kind can begin fresh without the blood-stained fists of a child warrior.

The boy had turned into a man and wandered throughout the country side with his past behind him, present unfolding before him, and a hopeful future ahead. The boy that now turned into a man wandered back into his homeland and returned to his father. The master had worried about his son and found more happiness from other students that he had began to train and raise as his own. The Sevaar had returned to a family that has grown in size from orphans, rejects, and the abandoned. All were considered unwanted by society but the dojo master took them in as his own. So there the Sevaar rests his mind from weary travel, battles, and his warring past. Considered a prodigy genius on the battlefield among the kingdom's warriors, the young Sevaar wishes to keep his true identity and where abouts unknown. However, warriors from old times, from an old war, seek revenge for whatever personal reasons that drive them towards their justified end. However, the lone Sevaar has returned to a life of peace and wishes to help at the dojo in training young warriors to help defend the weak during warring times. Many of students look up to the man as a symbol in their lives, much like the symbol he brings forth as a representing power of strength, courage, pride, and honor to his king.

About: This section is for summarizing each chapter that is completed. The summary will be posted in OOC and linked to this post under the correct chapter. This way, if people want to quickly join they can read chapter summaries instead of actually reading every single post. Reading all the posts will be necessary if a new chapter summary isn't up, so please, don't try and join thinking you can fake your way into this role-play. I can tell whether someone is lying to me or not. I rather have dedicated, honest, and serious role-players in this.

Do keep in mind that this is my first actual martial artist role-play and it will be a learning curve for me as well as some others. Please keep this in mind. I do have an overall picture of how the role-play will progress and it will take everyone to keep things moving and flowing smoothly.

Maps:
Entire Map

Chapter 1:

Last edited by Tkwiget on Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:33 pm; edited 6 times in total

Back to top Go down

King of Fighters: The Brawler Chronicles Empty Re: King of Fighters: The Brawler Chronicles

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:52 pm

Rules:

#1: Post in OOC your character using the following format.

Code:
[b]Username:[/b]
[Please use a picture for the character's physical description.]
[b]Character Name[/b] [First and Last name]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Hair:[/b]
[b]Eyes:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Build:[/b]
[b]Fighting Style:[/b] (Must pick one)
[b]Magical Element:[/b] (Must pick one)
[b]Character:[/b] [personality / behavior -- you got the idea]

(Bio are optional depending on the character but you can make it up as you go. If you make up your bio, then please keep it as simple as possible when revealing it in the RP.)

If you have questions on the limitations of characters then please ask in OOC thread about them. This way others can see the answers as well and it keeps me from having to constantly repeat myself.

#2: Shouldn't need to mention this but no god modding, super powerful characters, etc. Follow website rules. Make beautiful fabulous posts if you can. Don't get crazy with the love stuff. I'm a gamer so I can handle lots of violence but let's keep things at least some what realistic.

#3: Announce if you're going to be less active in the RP. It doesn't take more than five minutes to post the notice in OOC or to PM me. It's just being thoughtful to the others in the RP. If you think you can't meet this rule above all the others, then don't bother even submitting a profile. Nobody likes their time wasted so please don't waste mine by being inactive. New: I removed the allowed time frame for posting clause of this rule. I find it better for this RP to function more into an Advanced causal RP than a fast paced RP. Let's just have fun and not worry so much about posting all the time.

#4: I'm the ruler, the dungeon master, the god, the lord, the king of my domain. I can turn water to whine, stone to gold, and create life wherever I feel is needed in my RP. I'm the sole deity of my world and have the final say in all things, within reason of course. I do take all suggestions under consideration though. So please, don't feel afraid to share your ideas with me.

#5: Respect people. If you aren't going to enjoy the company of others in my RP then I don't want you in it. Disrespect is a close friend to becoming a trouble maker. I don't tolerate trouble makers.

#6: Use font size 12. This is the default font size on the website. Not hard to ask from everyone. If people struggle to read your post then you just have no place in my RP: simple as that. Please don't change your font color to something hard to read. I swear to god, I hate it when people change their font so much. There is no reason to get all fancy with your posts.

#7: Please post using the following format above a character's "turn" in your post.

Code:
[b][Character Name] | [Location] | [Time of Day][/b]
This will help everyone keep better track of where all the characters are. This is all to prevent confusion when and if I allow people to play multiple characters.

#8: Have fun! That's right, I'm giving everyone in the RP the right to enjoy every wondrous word written in each and every post. To fully and completely enjoy a story unfolding before you. That's right. Soak it up cause you will love it.

Last edited by Tkwiget on Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:30 pm; edited 8 times in total

Back to top Go down

King of Fighters: The Brawler Chronicles Empty Re: King of Fighters: The Brawler Chronicles

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:54 pm

Fighting Styles:
A fighter's fighting style does not limit them to a specific number of techniques, however, these techniques are unique to that individual alone. A technique can be learned through observation but it will not serve the observer as much as a fresh technique they created themselves. A fighter's true power rests in their arsenal of techniques that are unfamiliar to their opponents. Studying the basic elements of other fighting styles can grant knowledge of understanding how they function, how techniques are created, and how special attacks can be executed, blocked, or evaded. However, a single fighter could study all four fighting styles their entire life and still not learn everything there is to learn about them. Through a comprehensive study of each style can allow a fighter to forge a new unique style that is only used by themselves. It is this hybrid and synergy of knowledge that drives a fighter to that next level of combat, to be crowned the title: Sevaar.

Shadow Fist:
  • Zero punching techniques
  • Upper body guarded by arm blocking techniques
  • Main techniques are combo sweeping style attacks with the feet and entire legs
  • All attacks are designed to be extremely fast style kicking techniques that bruise the target's body

Dragon Fist:
  • Resembles traditional karate fighting styles
  • Overall has a good balance between offensive and defensive techniques
  • Simple and quick combo techniques that are easy to learn
  • Direct take-down and finishing techniques

Fang Fist:
  • Relentless punching combos
  • Similar to a very fast kick-boxer or Maui-Tia fighter
  • Powerful knee and elbow techniques
  • Deadly kicking techniques
  • Entire fighting style of Fang Fist is typically unbalanced around the knees and below of the fighter

Mirror First:
  • Specializes in take-downs, throws, and counter-attack techniques
  • Very strong and sturdy defenses
  • Slow on attack but quick on defense
  • Hard to learn and is considered by many kingdoms a fighting style for only the best to master
  • Techniques do not require a lot of physical energy to execute

Magical Elements:
Every fighter is born with some connection to a specific magical element: Fire, Water, Earth, or Wind. It is one of these elements that allow a fighter to hone their skills for battle and for warring times. Throughout the centuries of history in fighting, magical elements have always been what distinguished the prestigious individual fighters from the rest. To master a magic, to meld the power with already mastered techniques excels that individual to a level of combat no other mortal can reach. It is on this level that they earn the title as Sevaar.

To hone and meld one element alone is difficult enough task, but few have ever succeeded at incorporating more than one element. History has proven that only only a handful of the Sevaar have ever succeeded in wielding more than one magic element in combat. Only one Sevaar has wielded them all and he was titled: King of Sevaar. It was this individual that brought peace between the kingdoms and their lands.

Magical attacks are generated from a fighter's dedication towards learning how to control their inner energy. The energy is concentrated through several methods, but once mastered it can be molded into that person's primary magical element they are closest to. Magic Elements themselves have weaknesses and strengths relationships to one another in the nature of which the elements themselves are made up of. Wind can certainly defeat Fire, but Fire rages hotter the moment the wind stops. A barrier of rock can block water rushing towards it and even contain the water all together. These relationships between the elements always remain in a consistent check and balance system with itself.

Fire:
  • High damage -- low defense
  • Weak against Frost Element
  • Strong against Wind Element

Water:
  • Moderate defense and offense
  • Weak against Earth Element
  • Strong against Fire Element

Earth:
  • High defense -- low offense
  • Weak against Wind Element
  • Strong against Water Element

Wind:
  • Medium offense -- medium defense, but very agile and quick attacks
  • Weak against Fire Element
  • Strong against Earth Element

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:57 pm

Profiles:
Profiles will be linked from OOC due to posts having a 15,999 character limit. This is fine as it will allow people to modify their character profiles without needing to ask me. However, as a result of this I request that those that do change their character's profile please let everyone know. This way we can read the updated profile and not feel stupid later on if someone important about that character shows up.

Characters: Name | Character Link | Entry Chapter -- Page
Tkwiget | Jacob "Bishop" Stormrunner | Chapter 1 -- Page 1
Eternity | Libra Tazzuro | Chapter 1 -- Page 1
Yuina | Kaze Iwase | Chapter 1 -- Page 1
True Grave | Ryukyu Taizan | Chapter 1 -- Page 1

Last edited by Tkwiget on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:07 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:00 pm

Announcements:
I'm going to try something different with this section on FOG. I will post announcements inside OOC and use this post as a reference library for those announcement posts. This way, we can keep track of stuff easier when we make decisions and locate any ideas surrounding those announcements. These things will be labeled as accurately as possible to the announcement's topic, will be time stamped and dated. I really doubt we will meet the 15,999 character limit with this idea, but if that's the case then we will think of something when that bridge is about to be crossed.

Chapter 1 Announcements:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:01 pm

Reserved Post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:01 pm

Reserved Post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:09 pm

Chapter 1: Transition

War time has grown into peace with the fighters of Cloudrest ending the pointless bloodshed. Thousands of lives had been lost but even more had been saved. Summerset had been saved from complete self-destruction with the use of the Sevaar. A group of individuals that were powerful enough to over power and crush one thousand soldiers. Their existence was primarily for war, war that now had slipped into the back of everyone's minds. This fact made everyone optimistic that it was a lasting peace but history has proven to inevitably repeat. So with peace established, tension still remains high between kingdoms throughout Summerset. It is this tension that will lead to war, which will lead to the use of the warriors known as Sevaar.

However, during these peaceful times it is not always easy to go through the transition of a battle raging warrior to a peace loving citizen of Summerset. It is this transition that some fighters fear, while others take it as an opportunity to strengthen themselves for the next war-time period. It is in Shimmerene's city Silverwood that has become the home of the newest Sevaar, Jacob “Bishop” Stormrunner. It is here that the man lives out his live with his dojo master and fellow students. To hone, strengthen, and teach. It is here the war-torn young fighter can remain at peace with himself.

Although the last great kingdom war had ended, conflicts still occurred throughout Summerset. Bandits and raiders attacked outlaying villages to kingdoms, stealing supplies from caravans, and ran-sacking farm land for food and territory. It is the rise in bandits and raiders that have inflated the prices of goods and services in the city markets. Everyone's optimism has faded and tension begins to escalate. Brawls begin to manifest inside city markets over prices, thievery escalates within city walls, people lose their homes due to high taxes. Rulers of these lands seek solutions to their problems with the rapidly escalating criminal activity through Summerset. All answers point towards expanding kingdom boundaries and gathering more natural resources to off-set the grossly inflated market prices.

The first steps to their plan was to locate as many of their respective kingdom's Sevaar. To find them, recruit them, and ask for their assistance in acquiring more land and resources to increase their kingdom's economy. The side effects of war had seemed to reach every inch of Summerset soil and bring misery to the inhabitance. But life in Silverwood seems to go largely unnoticed. City market prices are stable and as a result the kingdom Shimmerene is keenly observed. Nothing special has really occurred to cause such a stability of market prices because of the laws in check that prevent such grossly inflated prices to happen.

Shimmerene's first and only Sevaar has been recorded as the strongest of them all. A record killing count of around three thousand Alinor soldiers has been placed in the history books. Considered to be a Sevaar of the Sevaar, and the most feared fighter in all of Summerset. It is for this individual alone that make Shimmerene even standing a remote chance at maintaining its presence within Summerset among the rest of the kingdoms. It is in Silverwood where the story begins of how a Sevaar became the hero of Summerset and united the people under its single flag.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittle_Overlord Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:53 pm

[Min Huichao] | [Market place, on her way to the Dojo] | [Noon]

Min walked calmly through the town’s main market place. Silverwood was a bustle with purchases being made, some were buying groceries for dinner, while others were trying to vend pretty jewelry to passing young ladies. Min kept in the middle of the dirt road, favoing no side, she was simply passing through. Min had already eaten lunch, and rather quickly, her only reason for leaving the Dojo was to visit the local scholar, who sold scrolls containing information that certain individuals wanted and or needed. This scholor had been known for his factual information, and his reputation proceeded him, Min had gotten what she had been loking for. A record of some of the teachings of elemental attacks and defenses. This scroll held only information on each of the element’s uses, drawbacks, advantages, and overall capability. She had contemplated begging her parents to let her have it, but in the end decided to earn it.

Much of her free time was spent at the old scholor’s home, cleaning or doing chores for him, sometimes helping him record things or delivering certain artifacts to buyers. Min had worked her but off for the scroll, and the slight skip in her step showed that she was delighted at finally having it. She was going back to the Dojo and studying it right away. She was a long way off from mastering anything of the caliber of elemental attacks, but that wouldn’t stop her from trying.

Even though Min was in a good mood, she still had this cold and aloof look on her face, the mirror image of her famous father’s expression. He was a General of the Army, and at the moment he had a slow job, but his reputation meant that he did not slack in the least bit. He was training harder than ever, and was pushing Habaek, Min’s older brother, to do the same. Min was left to her own devices, and simply trained hard on her own. Thinking of her father made her sad, so she didn’t think of him, instead she tried to take this small victory as her own, she had a scroll holding information most would kill for.

Thinking of what possible explanations could be in the scroll, Min had not noticed the scuffle starting just ahead of her, it only registered in her head as a merchant was thrown in front of her, he blocked her path, Min held out a hand to help the middle aged man up. “Are you injured sir?” She asked respectfully. He smiled grimly, “Not yet, best get out of here kid.” He warned Min, thinking her just a cute village girl.

Min looked at the people that were bullying the merchant. Three of them in all, she glared daggers at them. “How uncivilized, three no good thugs picking on a merchant. What’s the matter? Can’t find a decent job because of your uselessness?” Min tucked her scroll on the blue silk sash that she used as a belt.

The three thugs walked over, thinking themselves hot shots, she looked like just some little girl, no bigger than five feet. They laughed as they sized her up. “You certainly aren’t big enough to be talking so tough little girl, shouldn’t you run off to daddy?” The leader teased. He reached out a hand to poke her in the forehead, but Min grabbed his finger before he could touch her, twisting it in a way fingers should not be twisted, a sickening crack sounded in the air. The man cried out in pain and backed away, cursing.

“It’s only a broken finger, your bone will mend, unlike your pride.” Min got into a fighting stance, the merchant backing away, and people around got silent, a full out fight was about to ensue. The merchant understood now, it was a martial arts student. The thug seemed to get the point too, fighting a little girl was considered unmanly, fighting a martial arts student was higher up on the scale. He was livid, and he showed his dirty and rotted teeth, sneering at her. He was about to say something, but Min didn’t allow it, she rushed a few steps forward, leapt, and brought her elbows and knees up, crunching his head between her elbows and knees. A crack sounded and he fell over, unconscious, it was a risky move, but very doable if your opponent was both a blabber mouth, and not paying attention.

Some clapped, others gasped, the two other thugs looked at each other and then at Min. “Heh, who does this kid think she is?” Apparently these guys actually knew how to fight, one guy was very big and solid, and the other fast and springy looking. Min did her best, but in the end, a few hits from the big guy, and she was down on the ground, panting and shaking. With the springy guy only a little bruised, and the big guy hardly touched. “Just give it up already kid, we just ain’t as weak as yah thought, get over it and back down. Let us get back to business.” The springy guy said. Min looked up at him and glowered, “Not until you stop bullying people.” She vowed. The springy guy shook his head and aimed a kick at her stomach, Min closed her eyes and braced for impact.
Skittle_Overlord
Skittle_Overlord
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuina Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:35 am

[Kaze Iwase] | [Marketplace] | [Noon]

Having returned from his usual village trips on day offs to earn some coins, Kaze decided to take a stroll down the marketplace. He hasn't had any lunch yet and is in a bad mood. The last request from the tavern in Rosefield was to get rid of the usual highway robbers who knew nothing of civilized living, the kind of people he hated the most. Completion of the request took quite a bit of time, a day and a half to be precise. Kaze was contemplating on his current skill level which proved to be somewhat still lacking. Although Kaze has made quite a name for himself by doing odd jobs village to village, he doesn't feel like he has what it takes to live up to the name The Crimson Dragon.

"... I sure hope they have something good to eat back in Yamato's."

Yamato's the only place he often hangs out by himself to eat. The service they provide there isn't shabby but couldn't be called first class as well, though it was just right to Kaze's liking. He was practically drooling over the thought of feasting on a clay roasted chicken as he made his way through the thick crowd that filled the meager width of the marketplace streets. Ever since the prices skyrocketed throughout most of the markets in all of Summerset, Silverwood managed to keep the prices stable. It was the only reason Kaze thought of why there is always a flock of people day and night on these streets.

"Would have been nice if the roofs were meant to be walked on..."

He simply said this out of frustration after treading slowly through the street. Kaze let out a sigh but his thoughts and vision were instantly diverted to one part of the marketplace streets. There he saw what appeared to be a fight. Kaze's eyes immediately turned fierce after seeing the people involved in the fight. He pushed through the crowd and made haste to where the event is currently taking place. One man fallen unconscious, two others still in top condition and...

"A girl...?"

She seemed to know martial arts and has proven her ability by taking out one of her opponents. Kaze's lips formed a smile as he watched her moves while she fought with the other two.

She's good but...

Against two opponents, there's just so much one so young could handle. Her inexperience in street fighting proved a lack thereof. She was pushed to a corner and the tables had been turned. She did manage to land a few hits on the skinny one but the well built one didn't even suffer a graze. The earlier smile faded from Kaze's lips as he clenched his fists.

“Just give it up already kid, we just ain’t as weak as yah thought, get over it and back down. Let us get back to business.”

“Not until you stop bullying people.”

Such brave remarks from the girl ignited the code of "The Fist of Life" that Kaze believed and followed in. Though such remarks always clashed with the beliefs of people such as the girl's opponents. One second ago he was standing silently among the crowd but without much thought, Kaze is now standing in front of the girl whilst holding the foot of the springy looking thug. The sudden intrusion from Kaze caught the girl's attacker off guard. He knew he was wide open but refused to strike.

"Tis as the little girl here said my friend, you should stop bullying people." Kaze said in a calm tone.

"I ain't yer friend punk! Get out of the way and let us deal with that girl and get back to business! This ain't your fight!" The man scowled as he pulled his foot back.

"Your opponent can't fight anymore. What good will it do you if you continued to lay harm on her?" Kaze asked.

"To teach her a lesson for being nosy! Maybe break some of her bones while we're at it!" The bigger thug said.

His remark ticked off Kaze. Reasoning is beyond people who are twisted far into the stretches of darkness. He made up his mind that talk will achieve nothing with the types like these. He turned his head to the side and addressed the girl he just protected.

"Little one, please stand aside. Things will definitely be ugly... I will face them in your stead and teach them a little manners..."

That having said, Kaze's amber colored eyes turned to those two who wanted to "teach the girl a lesson". No words were spoken, just a roaring fist flying from Kaze and landing squarely on the springy looking one. Kaze saw a few of his teeth and some of his lifeblood spurt out of his lips as his head snapped back followed by a grunt of pain. He was fast enough for the girl but in Kaze's eyes, they were no better than an unarmed and naked soldier. Even though these two knew how to brawl, they were full of openings. One that is highly trained could easily see through their weaknesses.

"That was just a greeting..." Kaze said.

"Bastard!" The huge one roared and charged in.

Slow... he was so slow that Kaze grew tired of waiting. Instead of waiting for the large man to fire his first attack, Kaze shifted his stance lower and dashed forward. With a quick turn of his hips while on lowered stance, Kaze dished out a leg sweep and hit the man's shin hard. Cause and effect, his body weight is massive which gives him great strength but without balance, this strength is useless. Kaze knew where his weak point is and struck hard there.

"I think we both know how this will turn out were we to continue... shall we call this a day? If we do so, you might escape with only a greeting from me." Kaze said directing his speech to the two thugs.

"Not a chan-- aackk!"

The larger man wasn't able to finish his sentence because Kaze silenced him with a sharp fist that hit his jaw. Kaze felt a good vibration from his punch, an indication that he had just switched the lights out.

"I knew you would say that..." Kaze said and turned to the skinny looking one.

"Take your friends and get out of my sight. If I ever see any of you roaming these streets again... well... actually why don't you just try roaming these streets again and see for yourselves?" Kaze mocked in a calm yet somewhat cold tone.

It was enough to scare the wits out of the thug he left conscious. It was never Kaze's intention to knock him out for he wanted him to drag his friends which would surely prove to be difficult for him alone. He watched him stagger and limp his way out of the crowd dragging the two unconscious friends of his. The crowds cheered after a display of live action combat, though Kaze never smiled even though the crowd acknowledged him as the victor. He turned around and walked over to the girl.

"Are you alright little miss...?" He asked with a sincere smile.
Yuina
Yuina
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittle_Overlord Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:28 am

[Min Huichao] | [Market place] | [Noon]

Min was braced for impact, but no such strike hit her. Min opened her eyes and found that there was a guy standing in front of her, holding the springy man’s foot, stopping him from kicking her. Min blinked, she didn’t know what to make of this guy. Until he called her a little girl at least, ‘I’m almost 15!’ she thought, it was annoying how many people considered her a ‘little’ girl even though she was almost 15, being short stunk sometimes. Regardless, Min couldn’t help but be a little thankful. Her face still looked indignant though…

This guy tried to talk to the springy thug, but words of any intelligence or reason were lost on them, Min managed to shakily sit up. It seemed she was going to get her butt kicked if this guy didn’t help her, how embarrassing. She couldn’t go home with bruises like this; she’d look weak, unacceptable.

"Little one, please stand aside. Things will definitely be ugly... I will face them in your stead and teach them a little manners..."

Min looked up at him and nodded seriously, someone had to teach these guys some humility, and Min couldn’t. Better this guy than no one. Even though it was the right thing to do, and even though she picked herself up and managed to walk shakily to the side lines, she couldn’t help but feel a pang of uselessness, she wanted to be the one to teach these guys a lesson, or at least help. But she was in no condition to do so, ‘I have to train harder, father would never have accepted this defeat from Habaek’, he’d be scolded and made to do grueling work. While Min would just be ignored, it was the difference between being the first born, and the second.

Min didn’t feel any hatred towards her brother though, she loved him, and he doted on her endlessly, when he wasn’t being made to train at least.

Min’s full attention was focused on this guy that was now fighting the two thugs, ‘He’s good.’ She thought, though that was an understatement. This guy was great, he made everything seem so effortless. He was quick and easy about his movements, and he utilized his oppenet’s weaknesses, while Min had seen the weaknesses clearly, she did not have the strength, or overall cordination to utilize turning weaknesses against them yet. Two full grown men, one a brick house, were too much for her to handle, but even the brick house was thrown around by the good samaritan. Min was very impressed, but now that she thought about it, she had never seen this guy around before. He didn’t go to her Dojo, that was for sure, and he didn’t wear any uniform from any Dojo she had ever heard of.

Min looked closely at his moves, and managed to pick out specific ones, his style was that of the Dragon fist. Min had studied other styles, to better her knowledge of how best to overcome them with the Fang fist.

The guy gave the thugs a chance to walk away, but they were stubborn, so he knocked the big guy out, and made the springy guy forfiet. ‘I wonder how he’s going to manage to lug that huge guy around.’ Min pondered for a moment. A smile almost touching her lips.
Her savior walked over to her and adressed her in a way that made her frown, “I’m not little! I grew a whole inch this month and I’m almost 15!” She blurted, a split second later she realized that she had sounded childish and flushed a little, “I mean, thank you, I’m fine. My names Min…” She left out her last name, not feeling like she deserved to to utter her name in the clan of Huichao, they were quite well known, and Min’s weakness was shameful. She looked like a bruised mess, she had a fat lip, a bruise underneath her left eye, and her arms and legs had bruises all over them. It was a good thing they were hidden by her uniform.

“That was certainly an impressive show of the Dragon fist technique mister.” She regained her composure and acted like a mini adult. “You made everything look so easy…I wasn’t strong enough.” She looked down, “So thank you for making those thugs go away so the man didn’t have to be bullied.” Min’s purple eye’s shifted to the mess she had made in the merchant’s shop, he seemed relieved rather than angry.

“Hey, were did you learn the Dragon fist in the first place? You’re good, but I think you could benefit from reviewing your basic punching and kicking forms and stances. Advanced students often tend to get messy with the basic technique in favor of power and speed behind an attack. I noticed that your case was similar.” She tilted her head and straightened up. “The Dojo I go to could be just the place for you to go, we have a Sevaar as one of our teachers, I’m sure he and the master would like to have you, especially since you have your sense of justice in the right place.” Min stated, she wasn’t sure why, but she wanted to see more of this guy, so she offered for him to check out the Dojo she went to, being taught by a Sevaar had to sound tempting. Even if her question had seemed a bit sudden. She looked at him almost hopefully.

Last edited by Skittle_Overlord on Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skittle_Overlord
Skittle_Overlord
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuina Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:51 pm

[Kaze Iwase] | [Silverwood, Marketplace] | [Half past Noon]

“I’m not little! I grew a whole inch this month and I’m almost 15!”

A sudden burst of emotion-filled words escaped her earlier cute lips and lashed away Kaze's gentle smile off his face. The girl seemed to be annoyed by being treated as little. Kaze's thoughts tried hard to see her differently but somehow, every fact that his eyes saw indicated that she was still indeed "little" literally. It matters not though if she was still little, her heart is big and her way of thinking, righteous. Its just that, her body refused to mature as fast as her mind did.

“I mean, thank you, I’m fine. My names Min…”

Just as quick as she blurted out her piece from being called little, she calmed down and gave her thanks along with a name. Kaze's eyes blinked after hearing her name, it somehow rang a bell in his mind. In his travels, Kaze had come across rumors, news, lores of different sorts. Many particularly got stuck in his mind. Kaze did not want to go assuming things but he had a vague idea of who this girl really is. A smile, although a little more faint than what he had before once again formed on Kaze's lips.

“That was certainly an impressive show of the Dragon fist technique mister. You made everything look so easy…I wasn’t strong enough. So thank you for making those thugs go away so the man didn’t have to be bullied.”

Kaze nodded a little non-verbally saying that what he did was nothing special. Though she said that he made it look easy, it was definitely not the case. Fighting was the only part that Kaze made to look easy, but the real hard part was to avoid fighting by using civilized reasoning. Kaze failed in doing so, in the end, he still had to result to using violence. He looked away to where Min stared. The sight of a relieved merchant who seem to have shown an expression of gratitude gave him a meager feeling of accomplishment.

“Hey, were did you learn the Dragon fist in the first place? You’re good, but I think you could benefit from reviewing your basic punching and kicking forms and stances. Advanced students often tend to get messy with the basic technique in favor of power and speed behind an attack. I noticed that your case was similar.”

Kaze raised a brow after hearing Min's comment. For her to notice that he was slacking in the basics during the fight means that she was highly trained as well, although the case was different. Kaze didn't find the need to go all out on street thugs who could barely defend themselves so he practically used less technique and more of a brawling way to fend them off. He felt silly that a girl had to point out a bad habit of his right in front of him. In light of everything, Kaze isn't the type to slack on the basics, he just found no need to get serious at all. He chuckled a bit and scratched the back of his head.

“The Dojo I go to could be just the place for you to go, we have a Sevaar as one of our teachers, I’m sure he and the master would like to have you, especially since you have your sense of justice in the right place.”

She was a kid afterall. Never had she given Kaze a chance to speak and just continued on and on and on, but it wasn't offensive to Kaze in any way. He even found himself enjoying listening to her. A generous offer indeed was what Kaze thought. A Sevaar? Kaze managed to stumble upon one during his travels, though he never really had a chance to talk or even get to know his name. He was saved by a Sevaar once when he took on a request that proved to be too much for his own good.

A dojo... how long has it been since he step foot in a dojo? Kaze's thoughts shifted from the present back to the time when he still had his master with him. He taught him well and he was truly a good man. It was a shame that sickness had taken its toll on him and passed on to the afterlife. Kaze felt a light pain in his chest as his heart began to sink into the abyss of sadness. Indeed he was looking for a new master but to be a disciple under a different master proved to be a serious matter that takes time before reaching a firm decision.

"Min was it? Firstly, I want to apologize for calling you little... and secondly, I do not consider you as not strong enough. It takes great courage to stand up to people like them while keeping your sense of justice intact, though you get hurt in the process, not many have what it takes to do what you did. Lastly, you should be proud of what you just did Min." Kaze said and smiled.

Seeing that she is all bruised in the face, and probably underneath her clothing too, Kaze felt pity but knew that it would shatter her pride if he said it to her bluntly. He pulled out a small cylindrical silver container instead and handed it to Min.

"This works wonders on wounds and bruises, it's herbal balm. You should give it a try." he said and turned around.

"I'll be sticking around town for a while and think about your offer Min. You need not worry about giving me directions to the dojo, I know where it is."

The crowd that formed earlier had resumed their market activities and the little tussle earlier was easily forgotten. Kaze took a few steps forward thinking about having late lunch but was stopped by one thought. He looked to the side and caught Min from the corner of his eye. Somehow, he felt like he would be seeing more of her.

"By the way, you're pretty accomplished with the Fang Fist too. I haven't introduced myself have I? The name's Kaze... See you around Lady Min." He said and walked away.
Yuina
Yuina
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:16 pm

[Jacob “Bishop” Stormrunner | Silverwood, Martial Arts Dojo | Half past Noon]

Jacob sipped his drank his tea in sips with his father, called Master Fye'rene, and the two smirked at one another. Sharing company with one another was one of their old habits back during the days when Jacob was still a small child learning Dragon Fist from his father. Once the tea was consumed the young Sevaar placed his open palms on the floor and lowered his head in respect.

“Master, please excuse me. I must return to my Sevaar training. Is there anything you wish of me to do Master Fye'rene?” Jacob queried to the old man in front of him.

A simple expression on the old master's face crept across it. “My son, you do not need to bow your head to an old man. I am no longer your master of martial arts but am simply your father.” The staggering words came out, like a weak table about to collapse. There was one thing that Fye'rene needed though. More sweet potatoes for their evening meal. “My son, could you please go to the market and buy us some sweet potatoes? I think it would go nicely with the meal I plan to prepare for everyone.” The old man said while looking up at the ceiling for no reason and scratching his chin. A habit of his when thinking.

Jacob stood immediately and went to his room to put his circular straw hat on. It would at least block out the glaring hot sun from beating down upon his bald head. It took him merely seconds to secure the hat and leave the dojo to the market place. His walk would last for a mere ten minutes of his time and even then he would be left alone the entire time with his own thoughts of his training today.

Weather was good today. A cool breeze to off-set the warm sun showering everything it sees. Merchants passed him, travelers passed him, but everyone recognized Jacob from the tattoo markings on his arms. Some things seem to never change. Jacob stopped in front of entry point of the marketplace of the small city and simply grinned. It felt good to be home.

[Jacob “Bishop” Stormrunner | Silverwood, Marketplace | Quarter till 1 PM]

Word had already spread throughout the shops that Sevaar Bishop had arrived in the marketplace and everyone seemed to avoid him either out of respect or fear. It was common knowledge of the destructive battle strength of a Sevaar and what Jacob did during the war. Everyone knew and they avoided him because of it.

As he walked through the marketplace, he noticed an over weight woman trying to move a heavy barrel of whiskey onto a wagon and what better way to help his fellow neighbors by helping the middle aged fat woman move a heavy object? The woman did notice Jacob slowly approach her and just starred in either amazement, fear, or some kind complex emotional response. It looked like shock to him.

“Would you like some help my lady?” He said to her as she gazes straight at his veiled face but could see the smile across it. She nodded and Jacob proceeded to lift the barrel, with little trouble, onto the wagon. His good deed seemed to draw a crowd of people and they all wanted to talk to him or something.

Turning around the young fighter looked at everyone and scratched the back of his head. He did not expect to draw attention and it this would prove to exhaust a lot of his time during the day. He had to make sure his battle strength was in top form in case of conflicts or war breaking out. They seemed to be waiting for him to say something and it made him feel extremely awkward.

“Uh, not sure what to say everyone.” He said to all of them but one of the younger women around his age screamed from excitement of hearing his voice while others simply starred at him with sparkled eyes. “I really have to go and finish what my master has requested of me.” He finished with and everyone seemed to be confused. Confused that a Sevaar could have a master but every Sevaar did at one point have a martial arts master that taught them the basics of what it meant to be a fighter.

Moving through the crowd, the man of fame reached the food shop that sells the sweet potatoes his master needs. He had no knowledge of the little brawl that took place only a handful of minute prior to his arrival and as he left the store and began his return to the dojo, a slim muscular man that's chewing on a wheat stock stepped in front of Jacob with a grin.

“So yo' that famous guy I've been hearing about? You look nothing like what I'd thought a Sevaar would be. So I guess if I beat you I'll be one of the strongest fighters in all of Summerset, right?” The man took up a fighting stance and it appeared to be Fang Fist. Jacob did not show any facial expression at all but did set his bag of potatoes on the ground next to him. “Come on tough guy, lets see them Sevaar moves in action!” The provoker said while shoppers saw what was going on and word spread as quickly as his arrival did.

Jacob said nothing but waited for everyone to crowd around them. “Everyone, please step back several yards.” Everyone seemed to do as they were asked of and Jacob began to untie the hat and shield his face from the attacker for a brief moment and close his eyes. It seemed where ever he went in Summerset, someone knows what he looks like. It is to be expected as many men that lived for conflicts and battle are drawn towards the Sevaar for the ultimate challenge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:32 pm

[Libra Tazzuro] | [Silverwood Beach] | [Half Past Noon]

The two stood upon a platform of stone upon the rockier edge of the beach. It was flat enough to do battle upon, and worked well for a challenging arena with the sharp rocks and winding paths of water between them at the edge of the platform. The ocean stood near them, dancing about in smooth waves towards the shore. The sun was high and rich, and people seemed to gather round in few numbers to watch. The dark gray stones and smooth beige sands beheld two fighters; both with some bit of conflict about them.

One was a man, standing about 6'3, a man who was currently training in the art of Mirror Fist. His element was Fire, and he was a rough man to compete. He had broad shoulders and long legs, a strong build underneath smooth tan skin. His hair was short and dirty blond, and his eyes a piercing blue. He stared unto the woman across from him with a wild smirk, knowing that this battle was going to settle a day's worth of useless arguing. She stood before him, angered, but able to control herself. She had a good feeling about this.

Luke, they called him, had taken the time out of his day to assure that she was miserable. He was one of the few who decidedly chose her to take out their own boredom on. Libra was one of the quieter people at the Dojo, unsure of whether to speak or silence, unable to really figure out who she wanted to be. She seemed fine enough on the outside, but for those who noticed that she was truly flawed, she was easily victimized. At least, until she chose to fight back.

The man slid into a fighting stance, his grin facing the woman opposite of him.

Libra was tall too, but not as tall. She stood about 5'7, and slender, yet lean. She had a very feminine shape, with slender shoulders, a lithe stomach, long legs below sloping hips; and the works. She wore a pair of long black pants that were held by a tight white sash at her waist, matching the vest that fit tightly against her upper body, a V cut of black with white ties that danced down the front. Her wrists bore black wraps, and her hands white fingerless gloves. She had her straight black hair tied back into a slightly messy knot, and bore a vicious expression of great gravity.

He was first to attack. He drew his fist back and ripped it forward, with ease and great strength to expend. But Libra evaded, dancing down with agile motions and using her hand to deflect the fist upward. She made her first strike then once his arm went up. Her right leg rose at the speed of light and her foot slammed into his side, disheveling his smug expression immediately. It was obvious that pain raked through his body as she drew back two steps and held her fists up, her legs bent and her muscles coiling in preparation for attack. He stepped closer, raising his arms and bringing them forward, one at a time, in attack.

She dodged the first to the left, then ducked down and right, sweeping her leg at his ankles with force. She knocked one ankle away, but he kept up his other leg, stumbling to his feet instead of truly falling. Libra pulled herself up, swinging her leg up, but he caught it. With a twisting turn, she was brought off the ground and over his shoulder. And like a sack of sand, he had thrown her to the other side of him. She hit the ground hard, wincing at the pain as he slung his leg over her own, and pulled her ankle up, readying to break her leg if he had the chance. But Libra wasn't about to give him that chance. She drew her other leg up and pressed her foot gently to his rear. And she drew back, coiling her leg and springing it forward, stamping it against his lower back and sending him stumbling away from her. She twisted her body until he was knocked away, bounding back to her feet. It was then that Luke swung his fist forward, catching her just right. His knuckles connected with her jaw, and she slid her tongue between her teeth. She bit down hard, but didn't break her teeth at least. Her tongue was serrated gently, and the flow of blood was quick as an effect. She gasped, her mouth painted crimson. She spit the blood onto the stone beneath her feet, and turned her head back up to Luke, who turned his head and laughed, entertaining the crowd.

Libra took advantage, and stepped forward. She stomped the ground and pushed up, one leg swinging high at head level with him. And her heel hit the back of his head with a loud 'THWAP', and Luke fell. He was surely not dead, only knocked out for a short while. He laid onto the ground, and Libra turned away. She winced greatly and spit out blood again, reaching into her mouth. She touched, with one finger, the left side of her tongue where she had bit down. There were four somewhat deep yet thin punctures were the sharp ends of her teeth had crunched down at the force of Luke's punch. She pulled her finger out, covered in blood, and knelt. She washed her hands in the tiny flowing stream between two rocks, and then cupped them. She drew up a handful of salt water and washed her mouth with it, spitting out the rich blood and feeling the burn of sea water against her tongue. She growled quietly to herself as she moved away from the young man, now groaning on the ground, and heading elsewhere...

| Near the Dojo |

She had walked a good ways from the beach towards the Dojo, a long walk. She took a lot of time to think about how stupid it was to fight Luke; how violence didn't solve things, and all that mess. But she did feel better. There was some odd warm feeling that gripped her like the mother she never had when she saw that man laying on the ground, stagnant. If he were dead, she wouldn't have cared in that moment. That was the frightening part of her. She enjoyed seeing victory in her grasp. But it was most definitely horrifying. It was at times like these that Libra felt confused about who she was. Libra was walking up the hill, through a bit of winding brush, the Dojo in the distance. But she didn't make it that far. She reached the hill's edge, about fifty feet from the Dojo. And she sat down, pulling her knees up and folding her arms over her legs. She rested her head there, touching her now swollen cheek and cursing quietly.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:57 pm

[Jacob “Bishop” Stormrunner] | [Silverwood, Marketplace] | [Half Past Noon]

People stood at higher grounds, whether it be on a turned over crate or barrel and even on top of wagons, they wanted the honor of seeing their proud nation's Sevaar fight. A man that gave courage to the weak and strengthened the resolve of the already strong to one day rise to the top and be titled a Sevaar themselves. It was this simple reason why men and women martial artists all over Summerset sought after Sevaar to test their battle strength against the invincibility of the Sevaar martial artists.

People all over Silverwood had heard about the challenge to Jacob and came to the marketplace to see him fight. Calm and collected he is, Jacob turned around and smirked at seeing Min in the front row watching him. Picking his bag of sweet potatoes, the young man walked over to her and knelt in front of her. He placed the circular straw hat on her head and smiled warmly at her. “Would a big girl care to look after my things? I think Master Fye'rene would be thankful for keeping an eye on his sweet potatoes.” With those kind words, Jacob stood and turned his back to the young girl and returned to his original position.

Smiles gone, no sign of a smirk of amusement either, Jacob had went serious with this challenge. He took up no battle stance and so the fight began. A few quick punches from the attacker and were easily blocked. After the barrage of punches were blocked, dodged, or other wise reduced to wasted energy, Jacob dropped to the ground and sweeped the man off the ground with his right leg. This caused the man to briefly appear off the ground side ways in mid air. The other leg came quickly around and slammed into the man's stomach. This attack caused the man to fly away from Jacob's position then continue further along with the body bouncing and rolling along the ground until it stopped. A gust of wind seemed to strongly pour through the area as the attack connected.

It was not the actual physical impact that did the damage, it was the shockwave force generated by the wind. Jacob stood, calm and collected as usual, and watched his opponent cover his stomach with the left arm as he slowly stood up. Fang Fist did not have the defense capability of Dragon Fist or even close to Mirror Fist. It had speed, yes, but it lacked defensive techniques and the man was evidence in that. Quick sweeping techniques followed by even swifter offensive techniques can still be a bit much for even experienced Fang Fist fighters. Combination techniques often bring the down fall of the Fang user to the surface when the person refused to work on the weaknesses of the fighting style. This man did.

Sighing, Jacob just looked at the man and crossed his arms. Stubborn fighters are the worst kind to try and teach, this man was one of them but it was luckily a good thing he was no student of the Silverwood dojo. ”What good will come from continuing this battle? You are clearly winded already and I have yet to even brush the dust off my techniques in front of you. How do you plan to continue battling?” Jacob said to the man slowly inching his way in front of the Sevaar. He was bleeding from the mouth and looked like he would about to collapse in front of everyone.

An expression, not one of hatred or malice, but of respect was given to Jacob. ”Yo' strength is something!” The man said and breathed heavily whlie wincing from pain – probably broke a couple ribs. ”I might have lost but I still have.. my.. pride..“ The man collapsed to the ground in front of Jacob and the young Sevaar kneeled to the ground and placed a hand over the defeated fighter's shoulder. ”Yes, you still do.” Jacob said as the citizens of Silverwood were shocked at how quickly it ended.

Standing up, Jacob walked slowly over to where Min was standing and placed a knee to the ground in front of her as he takes back the hat from her. ”Shall we go back to the dojo?” Jacob asked with a warm smile and placed a hand on her head.

The fight he had was a good start for his training, however, it was not anything close to a warm-up in the slightest. People in the marketplace seemed to be cheering at Jacob for winning but victory always came with a price. They were kind enough to look after the injured man so that counted for something. It was a challenge out of respect and not one out of malice or personal fortune. So with meeting up with Min, picked her up and placed the girl on his right shoulder with the arm holding her in place.

”Lets return to the dojo.” As he said that, he noticed another young man standing next to them, watching the connection between the Sevaar and young girl unfold before him. ”Oh, are you two friends? Welcome to come with us!” Another warm invitation to a stranger, however, the texture of the man's hands suggested he had been in a fight or two.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuina Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:45 am

Kaze Iwase | Silverwood, Marketplace | 1:30pm

With fried dumplings in mouth, Kaze watched the fight that just occurred in front of the shop across the street. He noticed the fight earlier on but didn't exactly pay attention to it since his hunger already got the best of him. It was only until he felt that people are stampeding over to where the two men are to battle it out. Even the stall keeper of fried dumplings rushed over to the crowd of people to watch the fight. Curious, Kaze swallowed a dumpling whole and made his way into the thick crowd.

There he found a man with good height and built getting ready to fight a somewhat calm fighter. One look and he would have given any normal person the impression of a harmless man. That is how he looks on the outside but when viewed with a trained eye, a truly menacing aura actually surrounds this person. The battle was already decided even before it was fought. At least that's what Kaze thought at the moment and lost interest. He was about to leave when he heard that a Sevaar is the one fighting.

To his surprise, the calm one walked over to a familiar face among the crowd. Min was there watching or rather rooting for the man who walked over to her. It was only then that he realized that this man was actually the Sevaar Min was talking about. Kaze decided to stick around and watch the fight unfold.

Much to his disappointment, it wasn't even a fight to begin with. It ended as quick as it started with the Sevaar unleashing only two blows. Kaze's face turned serious. In his past travels, seldom has he had the chance to encounter people who can actually cause damage not with the impact of the blow but with the element backing the blow itself. Much like his late master, Kaze was simply amazed.

"So this is the strength of a Sevaar...?"

Kaze thought about his own fighting abilities and compared it to the certain Sevaar using his unique training method. With what he saw, Kaze made a rough estimate of how strong the Sevaar is and pictured himself having a battle with him in his mind...

"Over in an instant huh..." Kaze mumbled.

He was sweating hard and found himself down on one knee. Though he only used his mind to generate an imaginary spar with the Sevaar, the physical effects were evident on him. He went all out against the Sevaar he made with his mind but lost after a single blow. Kaze pulled himself together and walked his way towards the Sevaar. He was meaning to ask if they were accepting students just like what Min said but was silenced as he graciously invited him to come with them to the dojo. It was a once in a lifetime offer but Kaze was reluctant to accept easily.

"Perhaps tomorrow... there's someplace I have to visit first. Oh... please keep an eye out on Min for me. She tends to make hasty decisions which would often lead to a pinch." Kaze replied and winked at Min who was on the Sevaar's shoulder.

After a short conversation, Kaze turned around and decided it was time to visit his Master's grave after all these years.

Silverwood, past the dojo near the hills| 2:00pm

Finally out of the hustle and bustle of Silverwood's marketplace, Kaze was nearing the exit of town. He lost quite a bit of his sense of direction thanks to the large crowd that gathered in the marketplace to watch the Sevaar fight. It took him a good half hour before he finally made it towards the exit. On his way there, he walked past the dojo which looked quiet on the outside. This might be his new home from now on so he took a quick glance at the place and moved on.

Not far away from the dojo, Kaze noticed a person who seemed to be taking a breather on the side road. As he walked closer, he found out that the person was female. She looked like somebody who had a rough day, it was evident on her bruised face.

"Hey uhh... Are you alright? Do you need some help?"
Yuina
Yuina
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:02 pm

[Libra Tazzuro] | [Near the Dojo] | [12:50 p.m.]

Time had passed slowly, twenty minutes, possibly less or slightly more. She had sprawled onto the ground, laying upon her back. But indeed, her back was sore. Throbbing softly, pains shooting here and there from the fight earlier. Yes, she'd learned to deal with her pain well; but when she was alone, it was acceptable to hurt. She winced after a few moments, unable to further take the feel of the ground. So she shifted, laying on her right side. She rested her head upon her arm, and closed her eyes. Her lids fell heavy over the blue hues and she fell into a light sleep, one that seemed to blur the pain and confusion that twisted through her...

[Near the Dojo] | [2:00 p.m.]

Her eyes parted slowly at the sound of footsteps softly in the grass. Over time, she'd become a light sleeper. She'd learned through her own training to listen even in rest, to the world around her. To the wind, the trees, the land. And sound of clothes rustling quietly, feet crushing the crisp grass- it was so near. He spoke.

"Hey uhh... Are you alright? Do you need some help?"

She turned and looked up, setting her eyes upon him. He was not one of Luke's gruff and vile friends. He was not someone she even knew, in truth. Libra pushed her body up, rising as her hand dug into the earth. She sat upright, and felt a swarming headache pulse into her temples. She winced at the feel, the aftermath of battle a harsh thing already. Libra groaned quietly and rubbed her face, her cheek still swollen and the taste of crimson blood upon her lips. She drew the back of her hand against her lips, wiping the blood away. She then moved to stand. Quickly, even in pain. She brushed her fingers through the locks of ebony tied back behind her head, and assured that grass wasn't stuck to her back.

"I am fine. Or, at least, I will be when I've time to heal. Your concern is much appreciated..." She then turned away from him, folding her arms across her chest so loosely, yawning only to feel the spawn of pain across her cheek. She looked back at him and then found a question worth asking.

"Why are you here? Are you of the Dojo? Or are you a stranger passing by?"
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuina Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:17 pm

Kaze Iwase | Near the dojo | 2:00pm

Partly ashamed of having woken the woman resting on the side road, Kaze gave her a warm smile, one filled with politeness and apology. With a quick glance, he could immediately tell that she did have a rough day, only rougher than what he had in mind. It was evident that she was aching all over with her every move, yet she knows how to hide her pain well enough in front of others. It was a feat not many could accomplish easily. Something Kaze couldn't help but feel amazed at.

Her movements were sluggish, something that comes natural when disturbed from sleep not by anything threatening. A new feeling of concern filled Kaze's heart after seeing the woman's lifeblood spill from her lips. Kaze was just about to utter words of concern but his lips got sealed after seeing how the lady brushed off her own blood with the back of her hand. That simple manner answered Kaze's question indirectly. She is a fighter.

"I am fine. Or, at least, I will be when I've time to heal. Your concern is much appreciated..."

Her voice, soft yet had this mysterious tone to it escaped her blood stained lips. Although hurting, she answered as if what she was feeling is nothing. Once again, an indication that she is not just a fighter but a strong one too. Kaze's worries seem to have faded away save for the fact that he had disturbed a resting lady.

"Why are you here? Are you of the Dojo? Or are you a stranger passing by?"

Three questions phrased into one. For a moment, Kaze felt like he was conversing with somebody who had a lot of questions to ask but the thought was drowned out by the look she had in her eyes when she asked.

"First, I would like to apologize for having disturbed your time of rest. I just thought you needed some help... Forgive me."

Kaze lowered his head a little as a gesture of apology. Now for her questions. Raising his head back up, his amber eyes locked onto hers while maintaining a friendly smile. Something Kaze finds a little hard to do.

"As to why I'm here, you could say I travel a lot from town to town doing odd jobs every now and then, you know... for a little coin to keep living. And as for if I am from the dojo or am just a passerby, you could say it's a little bit of both. Though not officially, I do have plans of entering the dojo here in Silverwood, but that is still in the future. For now, I am but a passerby on my way to my master's grave."

Having answered her questions, Kaze reached for his small leather bag, a place where he keeps essential supplies like medicine. A light shock crept up to his face after realizing that he only had one more of his trusty herbal balm. After recalling an earlier tussle, Kaze finally tracked down the location of his missing medicine, Min's hands. Nevertheless, Kaze pulled out his last balm container along with a clean piece of cloth and handed it willingly to the lady.

"These would surely find good use in your hands. Once again my lady, I give you my sincerest apologies for the disturbance. I must be off for I still have ways to go. If you're from around here, maybe we'll cross paths once more, but I sure hope that when we do meet again, you would be in a much better predicament. Take care now."

Kaze swung his pack over his shoulders and after making sure it is secured, smiled a warm smile at the lady and resumed treading the way out of Silverwood.
Yuina
Yuina
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:15 pm

[Jacob “Bishop” Storm Runner and Min Huichao] | Half-way to Silverwood Dojo | 2:05 pm]

Jacob was joyful that he got to meet up with a dojo student while acquiring the necessary food for Master Fye'rene. Min seemed to enjoy the young Sevaar's company as much as he did hers. It was a nice transition between a military weapon for Shimmerene to a regular citizen. His only orders from the king was to continue his training and become stronger, both of which Jacob would rather slack off on to play with the orphans living at the dojo. It was a much more peaceful life than a human military weapon or also more commonly known as a Sevaar.

As the two walked towards the dojo they seemed to exchange laughter with one another. They did not really know one another but it did not stop Jacob from enjoying the peace given to him. Warm summer breezes brushed lightly against their clothing and through the young girl's hair. It was a hot day, but a really peaceful one nevertheless to the citizens of Silverwood. Perhaps it was too good to be true and it was still a perfect day for Jacob to practice his techniques and hone the skills he has learned over the years sharper than a diamond but graceful as a the morning sea waves crashing along the beach shore behind the dojo. Yes, it was indeed a perfect day for him to train.

Not much more time was left before they would enter the dojo grounds and into the building itself. Jacob looked up at the young girl and smiled warmly to her. ”Looks like we're home!” Excitedly the young man said to the girl while continuing to inch closer to the dojo grounds.

[Jacob “Bishop” Stormrunner] | [Silverwood Dojo] | [2:15 PM]

Students were sparring in the training courtyard with one another as a teacher was over looking the progress of them with a prideful smile. The students of Silverwood were always either exceptionally skilled from the start or full of potential to become great fighters. None of them were looked down upon and were always encouraged to push themselves to their limits and fight harder to bring those limits to a higher level.

Jacob placed Min at the front door of the main building and opened them up. There was a lesson going on in the main dojo room with one of the martial art masters of the dojo. The teacher smirked at Jacob and nodded his head to the Sevaar as the lesson continued. It was about learning defensive techniques against Dragon Fist style combat to learn effective ways to counter take-down and finishing techniques. Important lessons that Min could benefit from or rather anyone that has not polished such lessons yet.

Moving to the kitchen area of the dojo, the bag of sweet potatoes was placed on the table. Sighing deeply, Jacob rubbed his bald tattooed head and sighed again deeply. Training was very time consuming and very bothersome. There were no fighter of his caliber at the dojo for a proper training partner. Walking out to a courtyard that is walled off from the training grounds, Jacob stared up to the clouds while sighing – sitting on the wooden floor with legs dangling over the edge to the ground. Some orphans caught word that he had returned to the dojo and started running out of every hiding spot they were in and over to him.

”Master Bishop! Master Bishop!” One of the children said while standing next to him and tugging on his shirt as snot drips from the kid's nose. It was an adorable scene. ”Will you play with us today?” All of them looked on the edge of balling their little heads off. It was these children that gave him a purpose in returning to the dojo in the first place.

Placing a hand on the kid's head, he ruffled up the hair a little bit while smiling. ”I'm sorry little one, but Master Bishop has to train in a little bit or he won't be strong enough to protect his favorite children at the dojo.” Jacob said with a warm smile to the child and shortly after added more to it. ”Why not help Master Fye'rene with the dinner meal so we can eat together tonight?” The suggestion lit each of the children's faces up with excitement and off they ran to find Master Fye'rene and help him with their dinner.

Back to starring up at the clouds and another sigh escaped his lips. Jacob stood from his position and walked across the courtyard and towards the beach. The perfect spot for him to train. It was far enough from the dojo to have some peaceful training, but close enough to be alerted when the meal was ready. It also allowed any on-lookers from the dojo to watch him closely, like some really sick Bruce Lee movie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:32 am

[Libra Tazzuro] | [Near the Dojo] | [2-2:30 p.m.]

She watched the man respond, from the corner of her eye. She listened, carefully, wondering what was going through his head. Respect was not something she gained so instantly. Either she was being underestimated, pitied, or... Or there was another option she didn't understand yet. Libra was wary, but he spoke about visiting a grave. A show of respect or honor of a passed member of family. It was a good trait to have; but Libra had no family around here. In many ways, she was odd. She spoke differently, and she acted oddly. She couldn't tell if it was her birth in a more distant place, or if it was simply just that she didn't belong or fit in just yet. It was then, that he chose to surprise her even more.

He took from his side a form of ointment and cloth, something to aid her with. Thankfully he didn't pull some touchy nonsense, trying to clean her wounds for her. Libra did not appreciate such kindness; for it was one of many things she was unused to. She lacked the gentle nature of a woman, for it had been replaced by the rougher exterior of a fighter. It was what was needed to survive.

The man turned and walked away, and she raised an eyebrow.

"I didn't get your name." Libra muttered quietly. She looked back at the balm and cloth, and knelt back into the grass, sitting down. And she began to wipe at the tiny wounds that littered her, and soothed a bit of the swollen cheek, as well as wiping away the blood upon her lips. She untied her hair, letting it flow down in thick ebony waves before tying it back up once more in a more cleanly manner.

"If our paths cross again..."

[The Dojo] | [2:20 p.m.]

She had moved back towards the Dojo, arriving quietly. There were training grounds outside, many of which she usually planned to enjoy. She'd only been apart of the Dojo for a few short weeks, and had only met the Sevaar a couple of times. Then again, Libra was not the social one, thus she did not spare many words for those around her. Especially not when she had a goal such as improvement of style.

Libra turned and saw the Sevaar, Bishop was he was known, approaching the Dojo. She turned her head away quickly, knowing that it would be disgraceful to be seen in such a state. She knew that it was frowned upon to be so beaten up. Though she had won, it was undeniable that she looked as though she may've lost. Then again, Luke wasn't around for comparison. If he was, then he'd make her look like she was flawlessly unharmed. But she turned away, and sighed, stepping aside as he moved towards the kitchen. She waited in the training area, for who knows what. She wrapped her fists with two thin white bandages kept in her pockets. And Libra watched; watched the other children and adults alike as they trained, some form of both confusion and satisfaction in watching...
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuina Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:43 am

[Kaze Iwase] | [Forest Path, Outside Silverwood] | [2:30PM]

Recalling an earlier scenario of meeting a lady just outside Silverwood, Kaze began to regret not having given her his name. Though he had heard her mutter that she did not catch his name, he was unsure of whether he will get to cross paths with her again. Summerset is large, and she did not look like a local of Silverwood.

"I sure hope she's doing just fine..."

Kaze continued traveling the forest path, destination, the next town over. It was lonesome traveling alone and Kaze was surely dreaming he had company, but that was just him and his wishful thinking. Instead of letting loneliness beat him twice over, Kaze pulled out a fruit and snacked on it while keeping a relaxed walking pace. Although he had been used to traveling alone, he couldn't help but feel lonely at times. He was still human after all.

"Must be why I'm always having a hard time around people..."

He may appear to be friendly but Kaze in reality, is just about on the brink of losing the sense of a social being. Over the years he had seen nothing but war, hatred, death, crime... nothing but pain and people causing them. His belief in "The Fist of Life" though slowly, is surely being shattered by how the world around him revolves. If it wasn't for his Master's guidance, Kaze would most probably be immersed in a world of killing. But now that his Master is gone, the thought is coming back to him twice as tempting.

Looking back at the pages of his past, Kaze thought about the real reason behind his shifting paths from time to time. He claims to have been traveling town to town for odd jobs but his real motive is his master's killer. On the surface, Kaze knows that revenge is bittersweet, but underneath the dark recesses of his mind, he knows he wants it bad. Everyday he had dreamed of slamming his fist over and over on the face of his master's murderer. It had been his earlier source of strength to keep living... revenge that is.

Kaze lived life step by step, hell bent on getting his revenge. Time was the one who taught him a lot of things after his master that allowed him to gradually bury his dark motivation. Now that he seem to have found a glimpse of purpose, Kaze seeks his master's guidance one last time to strengthen his shattering resolve.

[Kaze Iwase] | [Forest Path, Halfway through] | [Late Afternoon]

The sound of crickets and other forest insects and creatures have begun to play their daily melody within their stage. Kaze was just about halfway through the forest as he suddenly came to a halt. This was the most dangerous part of forest paths, the middle, where it would be too late to turn back and still ways ahead to get out. With his eyes narrowing into a fierce glare, Kaze tuned out distinct sounds that were well concealed within the forest ambiance. Footsteps, fast and light, five of them coming from behind and to Kaze's surprise, five more coming from the front.

"What now Kaze...?" he asked himself as he rapidly weighed his options.
Yuina
Yuina
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:40 pm

[Libra Tazzuro] | [Near the Dojo] | [2:30 p.m.]

She watched the Sevaar pass into the kitchen, and then kept her eyes on the children. But minute by minute, she couldn't think of them. She thought of two very opposite men. Luke, vicious and cruel, always tormenting her, always pushing her down. His laugh, his smile, his very appearance. His existence. It instantly spurred a thick fire deep in her soul. A pitted hatred. Ever since she had come to Silverwood, he had had some form of adversity with her. And it always displeased her; filled her with rage. And then there was the stranger, one who had no name. She couldn't tell still whether he had been pitying of her, or if he was a generally kind person. Either way, he had been nice. Gentle in word, and not instant to criticize her. Though, of course, such a stranger would have no reason to scrutinize her. Then again, Luke had never had a beginning reason.

Libra couldn't take the thought, and she was fearing of where her thoughts might take her when she was around the children. Sadly, she had a quiet temper that sometimes found its way into the open when she over-thought things. So she turned from the wall and moved away, towards the hillside. And from there, she headed towards the forest. It wasn't a chosen path, but she recalled as she neared it that it was where the stranger had gone. Libra reached into her pocket and withdrew the last bit of balm, staring at it. Where had he gotten it from, and where was he now? Would he come back, and would he become like Luke? Was it all some ruse?

[The Forest] |[Unknown/Late Afternoon]

The trees became more and more abundant, and she had found herself a good resting spot. She'd stopped a good ten minute's jog into the woods, settling near a tree. She leaned her back against a tree and rested. Her mind sorted slowly, back and forth. Good and evil, what was right and wrong and where she would go. She wanted to stay here, at the Dojo, until she mastered her abilities. But at times like this, she felt like moving would be far better. Just hauling it, and going wherever her feet may take her. But it was in her thought's greatest moment, that out of the corner of her eye, she spotted something. Quick, a blur, headed deeper into the woods. At first, she ignored it, thought it to be nothing, but a fighter's instinct led her to other beliefs. Especially when another blur slid by, heading in the same direction.

Libra stood, and began to follow. At first it was slowly, but when she realized again that it was the stranger's direction, her pace increased. Was he in danger? She wasn't sure, but anything to occupy her racing thoughts was better than nothing at all.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuina Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:59 am

Tension rose within Kaze as the seconds ticked away. The footsteps he had heard were all getting closer. Kaze made a quick duck as his instinct commanded allowing him to avoid an incoming projectile from behind. He now regretted staying on the path and taking too long weighing his options. Just as he turned his head back, another wave of projectiles were well on their way. Kaze caught a glimpse of his attackers from behind before leaping to the side for safety.

"I see... so the Blood Brothers wants revenge."

The Blood Brothers, a gang of bandits Kaze took care of during his travels. He had reduced their numbers not by killing but by capturing most of them and turning them in to the proper authorities. Some had managed to escape but Kaze believed that it was the end of them. Guess he was wrong. Just as his thoughts finished reminiscing days of old, his front attackers even gave him more of a surprise!

"The Shadows?! You've got to be kidding me!"

A chained sickle flew from the one who seemed to be the head of the five up front. It was well aimed at Kaze's head. If he had ducked a split second later, he would have been dead by now. The sickle hit the tree he was using as cover from projectiles coming from behind.

Their pincer attack worked. With Kaze in the middle and them in good position, he had nowhere else to go. The one who owned the chained sickle expertly pulled his weapon back as he glared at Kaze.

"The Crimson Dragon... or should I say Kaze Iwase. We have found you at last." He said.

The Shadows, a large organization Kaze mistook for a bandit group. It was a mistake taking them on. Kaze failed but was given a second chance when a Sevaar saved him from certain death. Since then, he had never hoped to cross paths with the Shadows again... at least not when he hasn't improved yet, which somewhat still covers how he is now. Weighing his survival chances if he fought, Kaze came up with a seventy thirty chance in favor of his attackers. If he fled, it was a sixty forty chance, still in the favor of his attackers.

"A united front eh... Is that how the Shadows do things now?" Kaze asked masking his nervousness.

"Speaking to the dead is for spiritualists. Prepare to die Kaze Iwase!"
Yuina
Yuina
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:03 pm

[Libra Tazzuro] | [Forest] | [Late Afternoon]

She had followed, hearing something like an object hitting a tree. It caused her step to double, her pace hitting a high as she ran through the woods. Libra had an odd grace about her. She ran, her eyes going between the forest floor and the distance. And she ran in such a manner and with such a precision that she crushed not one leaf or twig beneath her hurried feet. It was not but moment's later when she saw it: a group of several dark figures surrounding the stranger who'd given her the balm.

"A united front eh?... Is that how the Shadows do things now?" He said.

"Speaking to the dead is for spiritualists. Prepare to die Kaze Iwase!"

She wasn't ready to see what happened next. So Libra decided to do something about it. She leaned down and scooped up a rock about half the size of her fist. She drew her arm back and launched it towards the Shadow nearest her. When it was released from her grip, she followed it, running silently towards the man. She pushed her fingers back into her hair, assuring it was tied up. The rock hit between the shoulders and the man turned sharply, the Shadow ready to face the unknown threat. But when it laid eyes upon her, it was too late for a first attack. Her strike was preemptive. She crouched and launched herself up, placing one foot on his chest and the other against his face, kicking off and landing on her feet after a flip through the air.

The man growled angrily, and readied to attack her, using a sickle-like blade upon a chain. He swung it and threw it, but she was missed. She crouched to the earth, the blade missing her by bare inches. She got back up and the man jerked, but the weapon was suspended in the ground- half dug into a tree root at the moment. So he decided to draw his fist back, readying a strong punch for the woman.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of strangers." He said, slinging his fist forward. Libra leaned back, avoiding that but not avoiding the snap of the man's leg upward and into her stomach. She fell back, and jumped up, moving quick to slam her foot into his knee, then twist. Another kick ran backwards until her heel crashed into his skull, knocking him down. She grasped the chain and jerked it, but the sickle did not remove from the earth. So she moved towards it. Letting her foot press beneath the handle, she kicked it up, and the blade swung into the air. She pulled the chain and drew it towards her. She swung the chain and landed the sickle's tip into the ground. She stomped the chain and broke it off, picking the sickle up and holding the blade out.

"Kaze, that's a nice name. I won't forget it. Mine is Libra. And I'd love to hear how you've attracted such dangers as these." She smiled, having defeated one of the men, but still knowing the two- her and Kaze- faced many others.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuina Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:27 am

Just when Kaze thought that his luck has just about run out, a ray of hope found it's way to him in the form of a woman. A woman Kaze barely knew but had met with earlier. Even he never noticed her approach, which also took him by surprise when she suddenly made an advance towards one of his attackers. At first it was a flying rock, then a split second later, her feet. Clever. Kaze thought, then found his eyes getting a glimpse of her odd grace in combat. She moves like the wind and dances like a free falling feather, amazing... Kaze observed for a brief second or two, and when she had drawn the attention of the men, broke into a high speed dash and dove into the middle of the attackers from the front. He thought that if he could take out the tougher ones first, the rest would be easy. Still, his heart felt nervous. The Shadows are skilled fighters and are not to be taken lightly.

"Over here!" Kaze called.

Just as he called, the man turned his eyes over to Kaze who was now in striking distance. He tried to step back but Kaze's momentum easily caught up with him and allowed a roaring fist connect to his face. A good vibe was what Kaze felt from the punch but he knew it wouldn't be enough to take the man out. The others wasted no time and ganged up on Kaze, it wasn't how he thought it would come to and they forced him to step back while dodging a sharp crescent kick from the left and a couple of rapid punches. The woman seemed to have been doing a fine job holding her ground but Kaze was just about the opposite. Three pairs of skilled arms and legs weren't really something easy to deal with.

Kaze then felt a blunt pain to his stomach as one of them manage to connect a fist. Split second after, another to his leg from a sweep then a sharp pain to his right cheek from a high kick. Kaze found himself knocked into the air by the blow but quickly regained his balance. As soon as he had landed on both feet and his back against his savior, he also found that the woman had already taken down one. Given the chance to regroup, she spoke to him.

"Kaze, that's a nice name. I won't forget it. Mine is Libra. And I'd love to hear how you've attracted such dangers as these." she said.

With blood leaking from his lower lip, Kaze smiled upon her remark and introduction. He raised his fists, took his stance and steeled himself for another round.

"I never would have thought we'd cross paths again like this. So... Libra huh, that's a nice name too. If we survive this predicament, I'd love to sit down and tell you how I earned such "dangerous" attention from these men. " he replied.

Taking in a few breaths to recover from the hits he received, Kaze then decided his style in practice wouldn't be too helpful in this situation. Shifting his stance to his original fighting style, Kaze assumed an advanced level Dragon Fist stance.

"I'll take the front, the backside is yours. Be careful though, the Blood Brothers are pretty skilled too." Kaze said and charged in once more to the front.
Yuina
Yuina
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:57 pm

[Libra Tazzuro] | [Forest] | [Late Afternoon]

She heard his following remark as she faced outward and he had his back to her. Libra grinned, the predicament definitely just that. She nodded to his statement and took forward, crouching down. She pressed one hand against the earth and twisted, slamming a hard side-kick diagonally up into one of the Shadows' groin. She then twisted back, slinging her opposing leg back until it swept past the man's ankles, knocking him down. Libra was back on her feet then, turning to throw a kick behind her towards an oncoming man. She turned then and caught a hard fist to the face, slamming into her jaw. Again, she bit onto her tongue to keep from knocking her teeth out, causing a flood of crimson to pour from between her lips. Her eyes watered, but she blinked it away, before reaching forward. She grasped the man's shirt, and stomped his foot, then kicking him in the shin before drawing him by his shoulders down and bringing her knee sharply up. Her hard knee connected fiercely with the man's nose, and he was down. She turned, to fight another, when a large sickle-like blade connected with her back at an angle so that it cut down through the material and created a thin gash. She hissed out in pain, wrapping her arms over her chest as her shirt threatened to fall from her flesh.

Libra turned and looked as the man readied his blade again. This time when he swung, she leaped over the shining silver danger, and landed before the man. She uppercut quickly, her fist-fighting weak. She leaned back then into a flip of sorts. Her body arched and she put her left hand on the ground (her right still holding the cloth to her chest), and she swung her legs upward, smacking the man in his jaw with her he hard-toed boots. She swung her legs over her head until her toe touched the ground, then sprung back like a coil-action catapult. As the lean man lunged forward, her legs crashed down, her heels hitting hard against his head. And like that, he was down. Libra was back on her feet, only for the other man to take her by surprise, kicking at the backs of her knees. She fell forward into the dirt, onto her knees, when the other man grasped her hair. He readied his blade to cut her throat.

She closed her eyes, and when he swung, she jerked back, drawing one foot to the ground and letting go of her shirt. She jerked both arms up in a scissor-like motion and knocked his arms away, the blade then sliding past her cheek and leaving a thin scratch. She jumped to her feet and swung one leg up hard, kicking into the man's chest before throwing that same kick into his face. And in that same split second, her arm swooped out and caught the falling cloth before it could reach the ground and returned it to her chest, so that nothing had been shown to the stranger or her assailants.

And the man fell.

"Well then..." Libra gasped quietly, fire trailing down her back where her warm blood was trickling slowly from the long slender wound. She winced and stretched, turning back to Kaze and smiling very faintly. Her blue eyes twisted with curiosity.

"Now, we need to explain what on earth could get you into so much trouble." She chuckled.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:02 am

[Jacob “Bishop” Stormrunner] | [Beach behind the Silverwood Dojo] | [2:15-3:00 PM]

Jacob's bare feet crunched the warm sand between his toes as he stood facing out towards the ocean grinning. It was time to hone his skills, skills he would need for the up coming team martial artist tournament at the end of the month. It would be hard to find qualified team mates or ones that would be willing to compete in the tournament. Jacob raised a hand to the back of his head and rubbed the bald scalp slightly. Pondering for a moment or two, it could be possible that they could help him win.

Jacob grinned. ”They could use the training anyways.” With the decision made, the Sevaar proceeded with his training.

Arms bent at the elbows and close to his sides with each hand in fists. First came the breathing, steady, calm, and relaxed. Jacob closed his eyes and started to focus on the wind. The very word, wind; the very essence of wind. It surrounds all matter, all living creatures, all objects – everything. Spiral columns started to twirl around Jacob's body in a fluid motion straight up to his height. A simple exercise to harmonize the body more in tune with the element of wind, an exercise only the strongest of martial artists have been able to skillfully use on a practical level in combat.

Bending the knees slightly, the twirling columns of sand stopped and began to drop and then burst away immediately upon Jacob's feet propelling him forward towards the watery tides. As the sand fell, his body burst forth from it and a marvelous display of twirling kicks and thrusting punches flew out in a formation that could be described as a flashy martial arts dance of some kind, just in mid-air. Landing in the water, Jacob flipped backwards a couple of times back onto the sandy beach and threw a volley of punches forward with the land one expelling a strong burst of wind which sliced through the water and caused a brief scare in the coast line waters. Quickly it reformed back to its original shape and continued with its usual behavior.

Grinning once more, Jacob said to himself out loud. ”Time for some heat.” As the words implied, it was another preparation of element concentration and harmonization. The purpose of this training was to master his most devastating attack, an attack that could rip lands to sunder and destroy all of Summerset. An attack that has made him feared by all other nation rulers but their Sevaar.

Arms moved to the same position as before, legs bend like before, but eyes open. Mentally visualizing, feeling, harnessing, and collecting the very essence of fire within himself. Steam started to rise from the sand below him in thick waves of heat. Water sizzled against the heated sand and burned into smokey trails that lifted up from the beach to the sky. These smokey signs could be seen inside the courtyards of the dojo as well as from the forest. They grew darker, thicker, as sand burst into flames all around Jacob.

Standing a little straighter with the right leg behind him, Jacob kept his facing towards the ocean as his training of the attack would prove fatal to anything that touches it. Wind started to pick up as he kept his focus on fire and slowly mixed it with the power of the wind element. Time, almost hit three o' clock with the preparation being slowly made. One flaw in the attack's setup will cause a tremendous backfiring that could very well vaporize Jacob's entire body along with half the Silverwood dojo grounds. It was good for Jacob that he had practiced the fundamentals of element manipulation thoroughly before handling such a dangerous attack so close to his home.

So there the Sevaar stood, mixing and intertwining the very essences of wind and fire into an attack feared by all and an attack that has only needed to be used once before: the Ryushokin. As arms moved out in front of him, with open palms, and positioned with the left palm at the bottom and right palm at the top. The ground began to slowly shake while the ritual tattoos of the Sevaar began to resonate brightly with the combined powers of magical wind and fire being channeled through one vessel – one body. The concentration of the attack took so much effort to maintain as the consequence of was to dire a circumstance – a motivation to succeed. Students and teachers ran to the cliff side to watch and from their surprise they witnessed a man of great power practicing his most powerful attack, an attack that would one day become Jacob's signature attack.

Both eyes focused far ahead towards the ocean, picking the horizon as his target. Ground around the dojo and forest areas shook even more fiercely as the arms moved into a circular motion and arms drawing in the collected magical energies with both palms. The strain and stress of maintain the sphere fluctuated in size slightly and kept building in potency until the wind and flames around the Sevaar vanished and were consumed by the yellow glowing sphere between Jacob's hands.

In one step forward with the right leg and a thrust of both hands forward, the man screamed out a single word. ”Ryushokin!! Ahhh!” Immediately the erected glowing yellow sphere shot forward with such speed that it sliced through the murky waters of the ocean and caused waves to shoot upwards towards the sky then crashing back down as gravity intended.

Jacob fell to one knee and breathed heavily from the exhaustion and strain on his body. It took a great deal of concentration to use the Ryushokin and this was during a time when his body was fresh and not worn from battle. Gritting his teeth, he knew the attack drew to much power from his body to be of any practical use in combat. If it did not kill the target it would simply give him disadvantage rather than a solution to difficult enemies. The other problem was the preparation stage took far to long to conduct. An attack that is not easily executed in rapid succession is not very useful, at least not to a fighter such as Jacob. His entire style of fighting was not exactly one particular style, such as Mirror or Dragon. What made him a Sevaar was his ability to adapt to his challenges.

A fist hammered down against the scorched sandy beach in frustration. Everyone watching could tell there was something that upset him and it confused them. The Ryushokin at this stage is indeed an impressive attack but it is no where near a perfect technique to employ during combat. Jacob's philosophy of a viable technique is one that is not only usable in rapid succession but also is effective in what it is meant to do. This core principle is what lays the foundation of every one of Jacob's techniques. It is what allows the use of combination attacks and opens strategies that were once closed because of long preparations of an attack.

Another solution was needed to be found. This form of Ryushokin does not work towards the goal of rapid succession attacks. It was much quicker in preparation from the solid beam Ryushokin attack he had originally engineered.

Standing straight and keeping both arms at his sides with the serious expression of determination. The use of wind and fire elements combined to form an attack so massive in destructive power but usable in rapid succession attacking. This might be one technique even Jacob could not figure out and it was one that he needed.

Looking down at the sand at his feet. Jacob said to himself out loud. ”I shall at least practice my existing techniques and not slack on making them stronger.: So the decision was made and the goal was set in front of him. Jacob could not help but smirk at the challenge as the eyes burned with determination and joy of being a martial artist on the highest caliber in all of Summerset.

Back to top Go down

Post by True Grave Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:29 pm

(Ryukyu Taizan) (Silverwood, Town Square) (Late Afternoon, 3:00)

Ryukyu Taizan stopped to wipe the sweat from his brow. The sun was bright and beating down on the weary traveler, who had come from many miles to test himself against the martial artists in this land. The sky was beautiful though, with a bright blue canvas all around. He took in a deep breath through his nose, then breathed it out of his mouth before continuing on. His brown eyes were determined, but a happy spark stood behind them, showing his unspoken eagerness to train.

If one were to say that Taizan was obsessive compulsive when it came to martial arts, one would find that diagnosis comparable to calling Influenza a summer cold. Taizan ate, drank, slept and even dreamed martial arts. It was the one thing that held him to the earth, and sometimes, the only thing that kept him going. As a musician is nothing without his trusty instrument, Taizan was nothing without the Dragon Fist Style of martial arts.

Taizan could see a town looming in the distance and was relieved. Now, he would finally have more than just a tree to rest his tired body. Deciding not to tarry any longer, he began jogging to the town, but before long, he was in a full run, his leg muscles aching but his body yearning for the adrenaline. His legs ate up the ground, then lifted off as Taizan jumped. He sailed right over the gate and landed without a sound and in a crouch. He stood up, looked around and adjusted his bag.
[iI have arrived,] he thought before he began his walk once more, searching for a decent hotel.

x

True Grave
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittle_Overlord Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:38 pm

[Min Huichao]I[Northern part of town]I[2:45 pm]

Min had been having an annoyingly distracting day today. Well, she couldn’t really claim it was annoying to meet Kaze, or that it was annoying to get some friendly attention from Master Jacob. But now that she was back at home, she realized that she had wasted far too much time. The ancient scroll she had earned with all of her hard work was gathering more dust by the second, and she couldn’t find the time to read it! Instead, she was standing in front of her mother, getting some healing cream rubbed on her.

“Min Min Min…you always get into some sort of trouble when I’m not looking.” Min’s beautiful mother sighed; she was using the cream that Kaze had given Min, recognizing it as truly good medicine. Min didn’t respond to her mother, she just shrugged, looking a bit ashamed. “You know baby, you really shouldn’t get upset that you’re all bruised up, these are….honorable bruises, if you will. You got them defending someone, be proud.” Min’s mother capped the small ornate jar and touched her daughter’s chin.

“But I lost, and that’s all that matters.” Min said dryly.

“Only if you learn nothing from it.” Min’s mother retorted, standing up and putting that jar on top of Min’s dresser. A house servant came in the doorway as Min put on some clean training clothes.

“Captain Huichao, Your son requests your presence.” Min’s mother turned and nodded, looking back to Min she smiled and said, “Best not let your big brother see your face right now, he’d fret over you worse than I did.” She winked and left the room, leaving Min to herself.

‘Finally, I can go find a nice, quiet place to read my scroll.’ Min thought, exasperated at the fact that the day was more than half over, patience might have been a virtue, but Min only bothered with it when she needed to.

Jumping out her window and landing silently, she made her way out of the Huichao palace grounds, easily avoiding any guards. When she was clear, Min towards the Dojo, thinking that someone there would be a good place as any to practice elemental attacks. Min was aware that her element was water, but had no idea how to train to harness that energy. No one in the city did, since even the Savaar didn’t use water techniques, he used fire and wind. That was why the scroll she carried was so important; it was one of the only tools she could use to better herself in the subject of her element. Which was just fine for her, she was a bit of a studier anyway, she loved reading and secretly practicing things herself, it surprised everyone when she knew certain things or could do a certain move that she normally wouldn’t know.

[Min Huichao]I[Behind a rock on the beach behind the Silverwood dojo]I[7:45 pm]

“HUH! HEYAH! HUH!” Min punched the air, standing waist deep in the ocean water; her scroll unrolled and perched on a rock behind her. She punched time and time again, theoretically her fist was supposed to turn have an ice case around it, making her punch very painful. But try as she might, the ice just wouldn’t show, it was freezing outside, sure, but no ice to be seen.

Min stopped and read the scroll again, scanning the lines quickly and looking for anything the might have overlooked. Admittedly it was ridiculous to think that a fourteen year old could use their element, but that wouldn’t stop Min from trying, she needed to do something to prove she was a worthy Huichao, she had to do something to prove to all of them that she wasn’t a waste of breath, that she to, could be valuable. Just like her older brother, Habaek.

Min looked up at the night sky and took a deep breath, balling her hands into fists, tried again; punching the air with all her might.

No use, not even a tiny bit of ice. Min lowered her fist slowly, she had been practicing since four o’clock, and she still showed no sign of improvement. She wordlessly started to roll up her scroll, she wasn’t going to give up, but she realized that she needed to meditate on what she had learned. For some reason, she just wasn’t able to gather her energy, and perhaps meditation would help her.

Looking down, she walked out of the water, heading back home with a scowl on her cute face, thinking…
Skittle_Overlord
Skittle_Overlord
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by True Grave Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:09 pm

(Ryukyu Taizan) (Silverwood, Union Hotel) Late Afternoon)

Taizan looked to his right at the big sign in front of him. His english was much better than his parents had been, but reading it was a bit harder than it seemed. The characters were completely different, and instead of pictographs or idiographs, each letter had its own phonetic sound. It truly was a radical change, but he did his best to adjust.
"Ho...te...te...tel....Un....io....n....Hotel Union."
He smiled in self-congratulation, thankful for the english lessons his parents had given him.

Taizan stepped inside the hotel and was amazed at the scenery. The carpet was plush and bright red, making it seem like he was standing on fine sand instead of carpetting. The walls were painted gold, and gold metal surrounded the Romanesque pillars. The hotel was quite fancy and probably very expensive, but Taizan had enough money saved up to afford it, at least, he thought he did. Smiling big, he approached the counter, which was quite high, towering over him by at least a foot. He knew that this was done so that the hotel workers could look down on their guests and retain power.

It did not take long before a male receptionist looked over the counter. Upon seeing the dirty boy in the beat-up black kimono and sandals, he developed a look of distaste. Taizan did not like his attitude, but kept himself from saying anything.
"May I help you?" the man asked with an air of nobility, sounding like he'd rather be stabbed in the eye than cater to the guest on his figurative doorstep.
Taizan nodded and looked him in the eye.
"I want...room. You...give me room, yes?"
The man sighed and nodded.
"Yes, if you can afford it. Our hotel costs fifty gold peices a night, and that's just for the regular rooms. Do you have the money on you?"

Taizan nodded and searched his pockets, but he could only scrape together ten pieces of gold. He looked at the money, then at the man in embarrassment. The man looked at him with smug elitism.
"Well, it appears that this hotel is too fancy for the likes of you. Why don't you try rooming with a local. Perhaps their prices would be more...up your alley."
With that, the man's head disappeared. Taizan's eyes widened and he began calling out in his native language, not realizing that the man could not understand him. The man did not return, and Taizan was forced to leave the hotel.

(Ryukyu Taizan) (Outside the Union Hotel) (Night)

Outside, Taizan fumed with anger, feeling so insulted by that man. Had he not been so shocked at the treatment, he would have certainly jumped on that counter and given him what for. Shoving the money in his pocket, he slung his bag over his shoulder and began walking, noticing that it was growing dark. He had to find shelter before nightfall. It was while he was thinking this that he noticed what looked like a dojo in the distance. Surely, these people would take in a fellow martial artist. As he began walking toward it, however, he feared being treated in such a way again. However, the fear went away when he resolved not to be treated that way. The next person to talk down to him was going to get a Dragon Fist dead in the face. His resolve renewed, he walked with purpose up the dark streets, intending to room at the foreign dojo, no matter who said otherwise.

True Grave
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next