FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

King of Fighters: The Brawler Chronicles (Interest Check)

4 posters

Go down

King of Fighters: The Brawler Chronicles (Interest Check) Empty King of Fighters: The Brawler Chronicles (Interest Check)

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:52 am

So I've been thinking about this idea for a while now.. it would be rather interesting I think since I don't really seem many martial artiest RPs.

Basically I was thinking that this would be placed in a more fantasy setting, where there are kingdoms, knights, wizards, etc. Monsters to exist in this type of world as well. The land that this RP would be on is a large continental island that is known for having a variety of different martial art techniques that are used to train the soldiers of the kingdom. Every few months there are tournaments between the schools of martial arts to determine the progression of each school's teachings.

At some point in the RP the kingdom island will be attacked by invaders while its legions have sailed away. At this point, it will fall upon the martial artists of the land to defend it from foreign attack.

The martial art schools have special techniques that use magical energy in combination with martial art attacks which is called Ryushoken or other wise called Magical Martial Arts. Each school's special techniques are based around a school of magic: earth, wind, water, fire, shadow, and light. With each school of magic grants a person the ability to master over specific special techniques with that school of magic. These special techniques, like the use of magic in fantasy worlds, are very taxing on physical stamina of the person. It is to keep people from over using their special attacks. However, I am thinking that each martial arts school would only be specific to a style rather than a magic school. After all, the master of the dojo knows many attacks and is very knowledgeable in the arts of hand-to-hand combat.

Aside from the magical attacks that each school grants, there will be styles of martial arts as well. I haven't really made a solid list on this yet, but it there would be enough to choose from. Each style would have their strengths and weaknesses. For the most part, these non-magical attack moves of whatever style someone chooses for their character can be made up by the person.

For those that want to have multiple styles of martial arts can, within progression in the RP, have their character learn the fundamentals of whatever style is desired to be learned. Magical attacks take even longer to learn than styles do.

I'm not quiet sure on where to start the story, but I was thinking something along the lines of everyone being a part of the same martial arts school. Many of everyone's characters would be students and I would probably be the sensai of the dojo. Not sure what kind of style of fighting the school would be specific to, but I'm certainly open to anything.

I still don't have list of magical attacks made, fighting styles made, RP map, and anything else I can't think of right now. I'm just posting this to help get ideas.

--------

Ok, first actual story idea from me.. probably a bit dumb but I think it could be a nice start.

A boy (or girl.. haven't decided what I will be yet) lost his parents to sickness and lives in the forests of the kingdom. He steals from the market places and residential homes to survive. A master of a dojo finds him in the market place stealing food and follows him to his little home inside a tree outside a large trade city, but says nothing or does nothing: just observes the boy and leaves to his dojo. Years pass and the boy continues to steal while never being caught by those he steals from until he attempts to pickpocket the dojo master that has been observing him for years. Subdued to the ground, defeated, and caught, the dojo master lets the boy go and gives him his coin pouch with a smile. Such kindness made the boy wonder about the man and followed him back to the dojo that early afternoon. What he saw was wondrous and beautiful: children around his age practicing martial arts with other students in sparing sessions. As the dojo master saw the young man, he allowed the boy to train with the others, to make friends, to have a home, to have a new family. Master has turned into father for the little boy and he couldn't be happier. From that day forth, the little boy never stole anything ever again.

--------

I do think that's a good start for the story. I really do think I might play a female in this. Been many years since I played a female character seriously and I think it might be time. Like a lot of my RPs, I do tend to allow romance to fall into mine all the time. It just makes things realistic but it certainly isn't all that the RP will contain. This RP, I think, will test the skills of all of us in creating solid social interaction between characters, developing skills of our characters, and in time build relationships among all the existing characters in the RP.

Since magical attacks are things that will be developed as the RP progresses, I can come up with them later as the RP is being played out. So I could come up with the map, fighting styles information, and anything else that is needed. Just would like to know if anyone is actually interested in something like this.

It's kind of like Dead or Alive, King of Fighter, and Street Fighter all combined into one world in a fantasy setting, except everyone are in their teenage years, except dojo masters, military soldiers, etc.

Last edited by Tkwiget on Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

King of Fighters: The Brawler Chronicles (Interest Check) Empty Re: King of Fighters: The Brawler Chronicles (Interest Check)

Post by True Grave Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:08 pm

Hey, if you're still interested in doing the RP, I would be interested in doing this.

True Grave
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

King of Fighters: The Brawler Chronicles (Interest Check) Empty Re: King of Fighters: The Brawler Chronicles (Interest Check)

Post by Guest Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:12 am

No, not really. This thread has been up this long and I'm guessing not enough people are even remotely interested. It was this RP idea (which I like a little more) or my ninja/shinobi idea. I suppose if more people showed interest I would consider it. However,

I doubt I would even think this would be worth anyone's time considering how long it took for one person to show interest. So no, not really interested in this idea anymore.

Keep this in mind, if my ninja/shinobi RP idea doesn't grab interest, I might introduce this RP under a different alias with a little more story thought up and more details.

Back to top Go down

Post by True Grave Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:57 pm

Well, that's a shame. This is the first idea that's actually caught my interest on this site. Are you sure you would not consider doing a private roleplay version of this? I could help come up with more story if that is what is needed.

True Grave
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:00 pm

I'm interested. Maybe one day this thing could go up.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:46 am

Yeah I suppose. I've already moved on with an RP based around the video game concept Bioshock. So I suppose this idea might show up later on in the future.. but if it falls victim to all my other RPs I never make, then it will simply be forgotten.

This fact being quiet real, it doesn't mean either of you could make the RP and run with your own story and everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by True Grave Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:10 pm

I'm not going to plaigarize your idea, Tkwiget. Well, we'll just have to see how that goes. I'm still disappointed how this is turning out, but I guess it can't be helped.

True Grave
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:30 am

Alright, I thought about my decision and found some inspiration to actually follow through with this idea, but in a different direction.

I want to keep the RP more in a medieval setting than anything else. Magic wouldn't really be your typical magic or anything like that, but there would be something kind of like that. You could call it spiritual energy, chi, etc. I don't think it really matters all that much but I would have to come up with some kind of working system for it though. I found a map that I could use so I don't have to invest dozens of hours into one before the RP can start so that is a huge time saver right there.

The reason I would change the RP from fantasy to medieval is because I believe medieval is more a non-magical type theme than fantasy. Thus, it would fit perfectly if everyone's characters are simply martial artists. I haven't decided whether or not I want to create character portraits for everyone but I think for the sake of actually getting the RP started and moving along that it would be nice to find your own picture. On top of that, the story of the RP would be much different than what I originally posted up, however, I do have a replacement story. I don't have anything written up at this point to show but I can say it would be monthly tournaments around the country's lands, inside the villages, towns, and cities. Then when the tournament results are in, the winners face off inside a grand tournament at a selected capital/castle where a champion will be rewarded a grand prize. The grand tournament would be held at the end of the last month in the year. I think that would make a special tournament's scenery really awesome.

Naturally I still plan on having various styles of martial arts available to have your character's specialize in. There will be the special energy attacks as well and a system behind it too. Just not sure on story details and things of that nature. Most of the RP would follow suit with how seasons change in real life. I haven't really determined what kind of different cultures would exist in the RP because the map I'll be using isn't very large, but large enough for the RP's purposes.

The actual purpose of this RP is to have social interaction with characters just as much as they train in the dojo, fight in tournament matches, and all that. There will be a main character too, which I'll play, so won't have to worry to much about that.

I'm just not sure if everyone is still interested in this RP. I thought long about this RP and how I could take what existing interest I had and make it into something that would work and be enjoyable for everyone. I do have a feeling that if I get no help from this that it will die in 4 or 5 months. I don't like wasting everyone's creative time so that's one fear I hope all of you can help stomp out.

I do have one question though: who will become the dojo's master?

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuina Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:13 am

Interesting. If this RP gets out from Int Check stage, I want to join.
Yuina
Yuina
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:19 am

Well, I'm still not horribly sure about the story. It's pretty open-end. I'm also having mixed feelings about even starting this RP. If I start it, I have a gut feeling that the RP will at some point die cause I lose interest. My own dedication towards something like this is still up in the wind. I'm not sure there are enough people interested in this for it to even work. I typically like to start my RPs out with 5 or 6 people. That's a good amount of people to get stuff started. I also get frustrated when people that do join my RPs don't contribute enough to its development.

Here is a check list of stuff I know I have completed for this RP:
-Map
-My character idea
-Basic story opening
-3 Fighting Styles
-Magic Elements

Things I know I would need finished before I would start the RP:
-3 more fighting styles
-More people interested
-A story with a beginning, middle, and end (I hate never ending RPs)
-Rules on Magic attacks
-Cultures of the land the RP is in

There are probably more things I"m over looking in the RP that need to be finished first before it would start, I'm just not really sure I have the actual dedication to see this thing through from start to finish. I don't like wasting my own time nor do I like wasting others. So if it doesn't start then it probably is a good thing it hasn't started yet. At some point in time I do want to see a martial artist RP from start to finish though.

So.. that's the problem I have right now. Also, I'm not even sure if I want this to be Advanced either. I might make it casual for a much slower paced RP. Just not sure on a lot of things and that typically means I shouldn't bother with the idea at the moment. Doesn't mean I don't want to do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:18 am

Good news to anyone that still is interested in this thing.. Thought of a storyline. It will be interesting.

This is just a brief summary of what it would be.

--------------------------------------------

A village was attacked by raiders, everyone was killed but a small boy that fled the scene. The raiders tracked the boy down and was about to kill him when a man appears with great battle strength to protect the boy. He did not know the village was under attack nor did he know the boy was fleeing for his life from bandit raiders. He was following his code of life to protect innocents from evil and to slay all evil immediately seen. As the last bandit raider died, the man spoke to the boy and learned of his name. A good name, a bold name. The man took the young child into his house hold to raise him, train him, and call him his own son. The man's home is a dojo inside a town well known for planting the land's richest tasting rice. In time the man's dojo swelled with students but it was his the boy that sparked happiness in his heart but all things come to an end. The boy grew to know of the world's problems, grew to hate the evil spreading across the lands. War was upon them and it was the dojo schools of martial art combat that were the backbone of each kingdom's army. So the boy debated with his master, his father, to join the war and help put a stop to the spread of evil which has rooted itself like cancer into the country sides. The debate was lengthy and the boy's father forbid him to go but stubborn as the boy is, went anyways. After several years, the boy learned of how the destructive teachings of his martial art combat techniques turned him into and by the kingdom he fought for called him: Sevaar. A title that only the strongest and most destructive warriors are given. Hardened, angered, and ravaged by the effects of war, the boy's heart grew dark with anguish for the actions he has committed. At the end of the war, the Sevaar disappeared mysteriously into the shadows so the next age in the man kind can begin fresh without the blood-stained fists of a child warrior.

The boy had turned into a man and wandered throughout the country side with his past behind him, present unfolding before him, and a hopeful future ahead. The boy that now turned into a man wandered back into his homeland and returned to his father. The master had worried about his son and found more happiness from other students that he had began to train and raise as his own. The Saveer had returned to a family that has grown in size from orphans, rejects, and the abandoned. All were considered unwanted by society but the dojo master took them in as his own. So there the Saveer rests his mind from weary travel, battles, and his warring past. Considered a prodigy genius on the battlefield among the kingdom's warriors, the young Saveer wishes to keep his true identity and where abouts unknown. However, warriors from old times, from an old war, seek revenge for whatever personal reasons that drive them towards their justified end.

--------------------------------------------

That's all I have so far. If you guys are actually wiling to help me build this then I suppose I could start it. The only thing I'm really worried about at this point is about people being dedicated enough to post on a regular basis. This is an RP where your characters are probably teenage students at the dojo learning combat techniques from the dojo master. People that don't post on a regular basis really tend to frustrate me a lot. I consider a regular basis every 2 or 3 days a post is made. That isn't difficult and I don't want people signing up and then not being able to actually fulfill that expectation. I can't stress enough on how frustrating it is to see people not posting.

I do feel that I can show enough dedication to this. I really had to think of a story and stick with it if I was going to make some kind of commitment to it. I don't know about a ending exactly, but that we can worry about later. Perhaps the final round of a major martial artist tournament or something like that. One that would end the story. Yeah, that actually sounds like a good idea. Like a major tournament ever five years between all the kingdoms.

So anyone still interested in this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:59 pm

I definitely am. If you need help creating battle styles or fighting styles, I'm definitely up for the challenge. I have some friends who are in MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) and being observant like I am, I could definitely chuck out a few ideas.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittle_Overlord Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:10 pm

*Raises hand* I'm interested! This sounds like an awsome idea, I've been edging for a martial arts rp. They're aren't enough out there.
Skittle_Overlord
Skittle_Overlord
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:49 am

Alright, well I figured that overall each kingdom is the same in culture and traditions. So I'll just keep it at that. I'm really tired right now so I'm just posting to make sure you know I've read your post.

Back to top Go down

Post by True Grave Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:08 pm

I'm still interested in this like I was to begin with. Is there an OOC up yet? If so, please give me links.

True Grave
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:16 pm

No, there isn't an OOC up yet. I still want to see how much interest I'm actually going to get from going through the trouble of making this available to RP in. Perhaps it's cause it's merely an interest thread right now, but it seems with the lack of response that I'm getting it still seems sketchy whether or not I'll get enough people.

I certainly wouldn't mind co-running this with someone. So if someone is interested in that then by all means speak up now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuina Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:39 am

Still up for this if it takes off from interest check.
Yuina
Yuina
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:06 am

Well, I'm going to assume that there are more people interested and that they just.. won't post. I know there are at least one or two more people out there. I guess the story will unfold one step at a time.

Consider this official. I will start working on setting up both the RP and OOC threads for this thing. Do note that characters are primarily going to be under going martial arts training of some kind or to some degree.

I have an idea on getting everyone together from the very beginning. So, definitely look forward to seeing this come out of the interest thread. Just so everyone is crystal clear, I typically plan my RPs out a little more than this, so I'm really hoping everyone puts in the effort to keep the story moving. I say this cause I've noticed that some RPs have died, although that is a shame to see, I don't intend to have this one join them.

I've got some ideas in store for this RP, so you guys will have to wait and see. Should be interesting.

Another thing to be cleared up, I've decided that I'll take control of the dojo master as well as my own character. That way nothing can possibly be distorted really fast. I'm also going to try the idea of a posting format, one that is small mind you, but it should prove to be a useful indicator in telling everyone where characters are and which character the section of the post is for. This will allow everyone to have multiple characters (still being decided) in the future.

But yes, it's official that this RP is going live for people to apply for. Look for it in the next couple days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittle_Overlord Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:21 am

Hey, I may have some ideas, I'll pm you.
Skittle_Overlord
Skittle_Overlord
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:55 pm

Sure thing! I'll see if it goes within the confines of the RP's world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:38 pm

Eternity wrote:I definitely am. If you need help creating battle styles or fighting styles, I'm definitely up for the challenge. I have some friends who are in MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) and being observant like I am, I could definitely chuck out a few ideas.
The idea of the styles in this RP is to make them unique. Stuff that isn't actually.. real. I've already decided that 4 fighting styles is plenty to choose from. I don't want to over complicate things anymore than I will be. Each fighting style that I've made are considered to be Fist styles, even if they actually don't use punching techniques.

I already have my character picture picked out. I suggest all of you start finding a suitable picture and formulate ideas for your character. I know I don't have any information up just yet, but I will certainly get it up as soon as I can.

EDIT: Consider the RP open as I put together all the stuff for the RP..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:36 am

I have the RP thread and OOC up, waiting for everyone to post up their character profiles.

Back to top Go down

Post by True Grave Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:12 pm

All right, but could you give me the link to the OOC? I have been grounded for a little while and was unable to be here when this was posted. Also, if the IC has started (which it probably has by now since you posted that last month), could I still get in the story somehow? I'd hate to have encouraged you to start this so much and than be unable to participate now that it has started up.

True Grave
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:09 pm

OOC is fairly easy to find in the OOC forum. Just click it. Should be in the top 15 threads. There still is plenty of time to join. I never had a set number of people. I never put a notice that a spot is open cause if someone wants to join they will contact me or ask in OOC.

So yeah, go check that stuff out and all. Do keep in mind I would like you to read everything in the RP first before joining. That way you know exactly where everyone is. There aren't that many posts so far in the RP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down