FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digimon, Pokémon, Monster Ranchers - Oh my!

+5
Drunut
Hope
Lenny
Kaislynn
Fate Flyer
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Digimon, Pokémon, Monster Ranchers - Oh my! - Page 2 Empty Re: Digimon, Pokémon, Monster Ranchers - Oh my!

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:02 am

Aw, I never had cable either. The only time my parents ever got cable was after I moved out! FIgures. It made me quite mad and also had me feeling deprived lol.

But no, Digimon was on Fox Kids! Very Happy Haha Shades, you're just a year older than me. Onenitedrive is the one that was probably in the generation too old to have watched this sort of stuff (which is why he didn't xD). The first season aired in 1999, so I guess I was 10 years old when I first fell in love with Digimon, hehe. Wow, I can't believe it was that long ago!!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Digimon, Pokémon, Monster Ranchers - Oh my! - Page 2 Empty Re: Digimon, Pokémon, Monster Ranchers - Oh my!

Post by Lenny Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:45 pm

Drunut wrote:It's really wierd to find that I'm almost the same as all of you... XD

Watched Digimon (seasons 1-2 or whichever ones involved Tai and the gang) and the Digimon movie (still have it!) but other than that, I didn't to much else with it.

POKEMON FTW!!! I have played every one (sunk lots of money into Nintendo's Black hole of cash) and planning on buying HG and SS too!

I've vaugely heard of Monster Tamers. Not much though.

And I ate up Bayblade like candy ( I think I still have a few lying around...) but I kind of left it.

And Yu-Gi-Oh, ahh. First few seasons were good, but then they went and Made YGO GX, now NOT starring Yugi! YAY! I still have a tin or two of cards for it.

I still love how yugi loses Exodia, "Can I see it?" "Sure" *beetle throws overboard* "WTF WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!?!?!" "Why not?"

Dorks ftw.

HEART GOLD AND SOUL SILVER

I cannot wait for it. They were mah favorite generation!

Lenny
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:30 pm

Sorry if this thread is supposed to be considered 'dead' or anything, but I just have to comment for the sheer awesome-ness of the topic being discussed.

Pokemon: I watched every episode up until the point where they went their separate ways. When Misty left, I stopped watching the show; plain and simple. I loved those first seasons, though, as silly as they were sometimes... And I love the Pokemon Chronicles side-series, where she and Tracy show up a lot.

Digimon: I loved seasons one, two, and four almost equally as a kid, and in fact, I've been rewatching the fourth recently.

Monster Rancher: Very Happy This was my favorite show ever as a kid. I own all of the episodes (did you know there are three seasons? I didn't, until I actually bought them...), and I could watch the series over and over. The first season was the best, the second was pretty decent, and the third was repetitive and kinda bland, but the show was still amazing~. It's a real shame that more people didn't know of this when it was aired on tv (I used to wake up early to watch it, and was so sad when catching the bus began to conflict with the show), not only because it would have been neat to actually be able to talk about the show with them, but also because that meant there were practically no fanfics to read when I had watched all the episodes. ): There still aren't...
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:42 pm

Oh, no, don't worry! It wasn't considered dead. Smile

Wow, Lara, you are awesome!! ^_^

That's so cool, too, that you loved Monster Ranchers! I did realize there was 3 seasons to it when I was looking into it once (since I wanted to see all the episodes), but I still have not seen them all yet. I agree -- the show was really great! It is too bad that it never got as big as Pokemon or even Digimon.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:26 pm

I know. ): It was a sad day when they took Monster Rancher off the air. I had to resort to the internet to find the rest of it! But now I have it, have watched it multiple times, and have educated others in its awesome-ness ever since.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:34 pm

I hadn't even heard of Monster Ranches before this topic, so thanks for introducing me to something. I used to watch Pokemon, Digimon, Bayblades (sp?) and I can't really remember anymore, oh Yu-Gi-Oh as well!

The first seasons of all of them were my favourite, after awhile the plot just becomes tiresome. Like Team Rocket in Pokemon, they annoy the hell out of me.

When I was in Grade 1 I used to spend all of my lunchtime (recess) playing Digimon with three other guys. It's all we ever did until about Grade 3. And my brother and I used to play the Pokemon games on our Gameboys almost constantly.

Now the only thing I play to do with any of them is Digimon Rumble Arena II on xbox. It's like a wrestling game, it's pretty fun. I like versing others but my older brother won't play with me anymore because I always win. -.-'

Either way I'm so glad I'm not the only dork around here. Yay for strength in numbers.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:10 pm

Hello, my name is Ehoron, and I am... was addicted to Pokemon and Digimon. It's been several years and I haven't lapsed into a foaming, pitched rant in those many years.

Season 1 and 2 of Digimon were my favorites, though I digged Season 4's theme song. Just had that little tune that I liked. Wrote a good deal of fan fiction and made several crests and Digimon, some less well thought out than others.

Pokemon, I've always really loved it. I watched the series up until Misty and Brock left. After that, I was like "WTF? Forget this!"
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:25 pm

Sin, I watched Beyblade when I was younger, too! Very Happy Well, at least, the first season of it or so. Then I lost interest. Same went for Yugioh, though I kept on that for a few seasons. Until the dice one, I think. And you'll have to let me know how you like Monster Rancher! I think you can find it on You Tube.

I never bothered with the Digimon games, or the Monster Rancher ones. Pokemon, I did pick up, and I still play them (but not to anything past the extent of beating the storyline, really...).

I battled with Pokemon and Yugioh cards for years. Was pretty good, if I do say so myself, but I lost interest in that, too. I did manage to collect the entire first 151 Pokemon in card form, though!

Agreed, Ehoron! Once Ash went off by himself and found all those new people, I was like "psh". But it was nice to come across the side series with Misty and Tracey and all these other small-time characters years later. Smile It'd be so nice if they did an actual season of Pokemon with characters like them, and not just Ash...
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:27 pm

Ohh, I loved Digimon Rumble Arena (one and two)! ^_^

Ehoron - I completely agree about Digimon! I loved 1 and 2, but I absolutely loved season 4's theme song as well. Very Happy

The Pokemon games are seriously addicting. My goal was never to catch them all though...just to catch (or trade) to get all my favorites. Smile
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:34 pm

I was a Catch 'Em All guy. Did it on Blue and Gold.
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:56 pm

Hehe really?? The only one I've been able to do it in was Yellow, somehow. I kind of surprised myself. Now, it's way harder though, since they kept making more and more Pokemon. Definitely not as easy as the 150/151 days.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:13 pm

How 'bout that good ol' Missingno? He was fun. Smile And my flying Kangashkan.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:05 am

I tended to exploit Miss for that 140~ item glitch. ^_^
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:35 am

Aaah, the old days of infinite rare candies/master balls... Without an Action Replay.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:05 am

Lara wrote:Sin, I watched Beyblade when I was younger, too! Very Happy Well, at least, the first season of it or so. Then I lost interest. Same went for Yugioh, though I kept on that for a few seasons. Until the dice one, I think. And you'll have to let me know how you like Monster Rancher! I think you can find it on You Tube.

I used to have a pink one and pretend I was the girl that wore/had cat ears! It was fun but kind of dangerous. When those things were spinning they seriously sliced whatever came into their path, so much for a kid's toy.

We have dial-up here, but we'll be moving in a few weeks and at our new house we'll have satellite broadband, so I'll be sure to watch a few episodes then!

I remember on the Red and Blue versions of Pokemon you could surf up and down the side of this island and get unlimited rare candies. Was it a glitch or meant to be there? Either way, it was great. When I was younger we used to play with Pokemon cards, but I was a little too old to get in on the Yu-Gi-Oh craze. We did have a game on the computer though, but I really stank at it.

As for catching 'em all, I tried recently and had a hard time. I think I have the Leaf Green version at the moment and there's just so many different ones to go after. I'll admit it, I gave up a long time ago.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:12 pm

Yu-gi-oh was the other thing I got into. It held me up until Battle City. After that it was touch and go with me. I liked the cards a lot. Fun game.
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2