FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digimon, Pokémon, Monster Ranchers - Oh my!

+5
Drunut
Hope
Lenny
Kaislynn
Fate Flyer
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Digimon, Pokémon, Monster Ranchers - Oh my! Empty Digimon, Pokémon, Monster Ranchers - Oh my!

Post by Fate Flyer Fri May 29, 2009 7:13 pm

Digimon, Pokémon, Monster Ranchers - Oh my! DigimonAdventure
Digimon, Pokémon, Monster Ranchers - Oh my! Pokemon
Digimon, Pokémon, Monster Ranchers - Oh my! 560725-monster_rancher_640x480_large

At the risk of inevitably being extremely dorky here, let's discuss and celebrate the wonders of these Japanese monster animes! Excited Hyper

So is anyone here a fan of any or all of these shows (or perhaps any of the games)? I, well...love them all. Laughing

I started watching all three when I was young. I collected the Pokémon, Digimon, and Monster Rancher cards and figures (which I still have and probably love as much as I did then LOL!). I loved all the Game Boy/GB Advanced/DS Pokémon games, as well as the Monster Rancher games (which are so addicting!). The Digimon World games are also a lot of fun.

I just found out that there's a Digimon MMO over in Japan which you can download and read all about here. I think they also really should create a Pokémon MMO (along with a Harry Potter one...)!

So, Digimon fans: Which season has been your favorite? I've only seen 1-3 (and small parts of 4 and 5), but so far, I've just enjoyed season 1/Adventure the best. I'm not sure why. I guess it is what got me started in loving Digimon. I think I enjoyed in the art best in that season too.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Digimon, Pokémon, Monster Ranchers - Oh my! Empty Re: Digimon, Pokémon, Monster Ranchers - Oh my!

Post by Kaislynn Fri May 29, 2009 7:33 pm

Dork thread!! Very Happy I loved Digimon! Season one and two and when season three rolled along I was devastated >< I haven't really watched since. I'm loyal to the original.

I even wrote fanfiction pieces and made (in conjunction with brother and cousins) our own digivices and crests. Man, we loved that show so much! And thought we were super cool because it was digimon, not the ever popular bandwagon Pokemon. Though I have to say that I got into Pokemon too. Played red and yellow versions.

Thanks for putting up a thread to celebrate the dorkiness and the fun that really was with these shows and franchises. Smile
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Digimon, Pokémon, Monster Ranchers - Oh my! Empty Re: Digimon, Pokémon, Monster Ranchers - Oh my!

Post by Fate Flyer Fri May 29, 2009 9:20 pm

Ahh, I'm so happy there's another fan of the original season! Dance I didn't mind season 3, but I was really, really disappointed that they completely changed the story line in that season.

Okay, so you are officially on my cool kids list for saying that, Kaislynn! Lol!! I used to do that same thing (making my own Digivices and crests)!! XD Yeah, I know what you mean. All of my old friends when I was a kid that liked Pokemon said that Digimon was a rip-off, and I seemed to be the only one that liked Digimon more. I love both, but I enjoy Digimon more.

Haha, oh and but of course. I'm just glad I'm not alone on this one, lol.

We should so do a Digimon role-play in the future! I've never done one (because I was too afraid of attracting obscenely young kids that post one-liners xD).
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenny Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:44 pm

I really like both Digimon and Pokemon. I've seen all the Digimon seasons except the latest one which looks really dumb :3 (To add on to my dorkiness, I've bought all of the Digimon games for the PS2, DS, and computer ^_^')

I'm in love with Pokemon even more, though. I don't watch the show because it's rather dumb, but I play the card game competitively (meaning I go to tournaments, yeah yeah, laugh) and I love the games. (I also play the games competitively. For example, I breed for really good IV's and EV train. You guys probably don't know what that is). I feel like a huge dork now xD

Lenny
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:28 pm

Ahh!! I totally just wrote a reply and it got deleted -.- i hate that!

But yay! Fate we totally should do a digimon rp sometime! I need to dig up my old fan fictions and find the character I had Very Happy And you're right, on any other site I'd be a little bit afraid to try and start a Digi-RP :p for fear of the kids who eat the show up now Very Happy

And YAY that you made crests and digivices too Very Happy

And Lenny, I vaguely remember the stats and stuff from the Pokemon games, enough to recognize iv and ev, though I can't lay them down specifically. But this is a dork thread! Very Happy And I think it's awesome that you play the games competatively! That's so cool!
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:59 pm

I actually kind of want to see all the Digimon seasons, even though I'm sure I won't enjoy them all (like 4).

Yeah, the Pokemon shows can be a little silly. xD I've watched pretty much all the movies though, I believe hehe. Aww, Lenny! That's so cool!! Cool When I was young, I wanted to play the card game so bad and do the tournaments and such. (I remember they held them too at like our local Toys R Us.) But, sadly, I never learned how to even play. No! Being a dork is fun and awesome and majorly win in my book. Wink

Ahh, Kaislynn, I would just die! Literally, I'd fall on the floor dead from bliss if we ever did a Digimon role-play! XD I actually did role-play Digimon a little - now that I think about it - waaaaaay back when I used to play Neopets (which was when I was 13 and first started RPing haha). I had my own Digimon guild there, haha. I've already started working on developing characters and their own unique Digivices! I'm also trying to get onenitedrive to watch Digimon with me...
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:04 pm

I love Pokemon and Digimon.
When I saw Fate's signature early this morning I giggled all cute like.
<3

I've seen up to season 4 of Digimon. I prefer the first two seasons with Mat and TK and all the crew. ^^

As for Pokemon, I've been watching the movies with my son when they come on Cartoon Network. I used to have a lot of the games, but now all I have is Crystal, Fire Red and Leaf Green.
<3 <3

OH! Burger King has Pokemon cards with their kids meals....Guess who wants to go get one...Yup...ME! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:43 pm

Hehe aww. ^^

Seems like we all prefer seasons 1 and 2 best. Very Happy

Aw, that's adorable that you watch Pokemon with your son. ^_^ And *gasp*! Pokemon cards!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:37 am

Fate: A project for the back burners = Digimon RP Very Happy once stuff cools down and some time pops up Very Happy

yay for passing on cartoons to the kids Very Happy and yay for getting cards with the kids meals lol. a new a tempting marketing scam lol, *runs to burger king* yep, totally worked on me.

I think maybe it's because we're all old and that's why we like seasons 1 and 2? oO But you're right, Anaris Mat, Tai, TK and crew rock. I miss them. Though what they did with them at the beginning of season three (was it?) was interesting, if not entirely satisfying. And the movie, which randomly interrupted whatever Sora/Tai stuff was happening while simultaneously uniting digidestined all over the world and igniting fanfictions like the plague Very Happy well a good plague, well that was also fun. :p
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:16 am

I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooved Digimon has a kid. you have NO idea. I'd wake up early on Saturday, and watch it with my dad, brother, and sister.

I never collected the cards, but I loved the show. However, I slowly stopped watching it after they changed all the kids up for like a second time I think it was. I can't remember completely, but I liked the original cast the best. ESPECIALLY Kari. I remember being jealous of her. XD

Pokemon was always something I liked, and I collected a crap load of the cards before giving them away. Butttttttttttttttttttt Digimon was always my favorite.

Monster Rancher, I never watched. To be honest, I didn't realize it was a show. I like the PS2 game of it though. We two of the games I believe if I remember correctly. (It's been a while since I've played.)

Annnnddd I dunno if this counts but, I freaking LOVED Yu-gi-oh as well. Until Yu-gi-oh wasn't even in the show anymore. -.-' Then it was just stupid. But I thought I'd put it out there since it's another one of those cartoons that I adored. XD Yeah....I think after Digimon started to disappoint me, I found Yu-gi-oh and was hoooooooooooooooooooooooked! XD
Hope
Hope
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:39 am

haha--Hope, you would like Kari that makes perfect sense Very Happy

I watched Yu-gi-oh too Very Happy heart of the cards and all. (wait that was Yu-gi-oh right?) I really only watched it sporadically but I liked it. It kind of reminded me of a way more structured Card Captor Sakura though really straying that way is a whole different set of geekdom which probably needs it's own thread.

In any case, yea. Digimon still=favorite. I'm not sure why. maybe just because it was my first. Or because there was actually only one Digimon per kid and they had a relationship (PIkachu and Ash were my favorite on Pokemon) with their Digimon that affected things.
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:58 am

I can't really explain why I liked Yu-gi-oh so much, but I did. I dunno, I couldn't decide between Yu-gi-oh and Digimon. They are both my favorite for different reasons, although I couldn't tell you what those reasons are.

Doesn't that just make a whole lot of sense? Laughing
Hope
Hope
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:31 am

Yep. It completely does Very Happy
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:39 am

Kaislynn -- Yes! Definitely keep a Digimon role-play in mind for sometime. ^^

Lol Now, I need to run to Burger King. Maybe, I can convince onenitedrive to eat a kid's meal. Laughing I don't eat Burger King or McDonalds, so it'd be up to him to do the eating part. Oh, I'm such a kid! "I just want the toy, mommy!"

Awesome, Hope!!! ^___^ I didn't realize you were a fan of Digimon and Pokemon too! Very Happy That's so cool! Yeah, Kari was pretty awesome. I loved how her crest was the Crest of Light, which meant she was basically all of them. That was amazing.

Oh, and I've never really see Yu-Gi-Oh unfortunately, but it seems like something I'd like, since they battle with cards and monsters. I've seen like something from it though... I got like this free VHS tape of something with Yu-Gi-Oh. I think it was like the first episode. I can't remember. But I did actually buy and collect some of the Yu-Gi-Oh cards, ironically enough haha. I even put together my own deck (not that I really knew what I was doing).
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:43 am

Yeah! I always collected the cards, including pokemon cards, but never REALLY knew what I was doing.

Really I just collected them/traded them for the cards with pretty pictures on it. XD If there was a fire breathing super strong, amazing dragon card, I'd trade it for a a pretty fairy that couldn't do crap XD
Hope
Hope
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:58 am

xD Lol aww, that's cute. At least you got the cards YOU liked! ^_^
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:10 pm

Lol.

Omg! Digimon RP!
:O
I'd have someone's baby if they made one.
Seriously.
lol.

Anywho, I watched the first season of Yu-Gi-Oh and I collected the cards. Got boring after a while and then the show went all crazy and stuff... o.o;

I also watched Beyblade [which is awesome]. Yeah...I really like the show and I used to have like...15 of those things. o.o;
*NERD ALERT*
XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:09 pm

I rememeber Beyblade, although I never really got into it. XD probably because I was on the yu-gi-oh kick at the time if I remember correctly.

Although my brother and sister did get a few of those things, and had a little arena.
Hope
Hope
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:41 pm

Sweet! Very Happy It's great to know that there are other people here wanting to do a Digimon role-play. Dance

Aw, I've seen like an episode of Bayblade, but that's about it hehe.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Drunut Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:35 pm

It's really wierd to find that I'm almost the same as all of you... XD

Watched Digimon (seasons 1-2 or whichever ones involved Tai and the gang) and the Digimon movie (still have it!) but other than that, I didn't to much else with it.

POKEMON FTW!!! I have played every one (sunk lots of money into Nintendo's Black hole of cash) and planning on buying HG and SS too!

I've vaugely heard of Monster Tamers. Not much though.

And I ate up Bayblade like candy ( I think I still have a few lying around...) but I kind of left it.

And Yu-Gi-Oh, ahh. First few seasons were good, but then they went and Made YGO GX, now NOT starring Yugi! YAY! I still have a tin or two of cards for it.

I still love how yugi loses Exodia, "Can I see it?" "Sure" *beetle throws overboard* "WTF WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!?!?!" "Why not?"

Dorks ftw.
Drunut
Drunut
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:07 am

I think I'm the only one here who doesn't know what a "Digimon" is... XD
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:14 am

Bah! Scandalous! How do you not knowwwwwwww!?

T.T

We shall have to educate you then!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digimon

there's a start!
Hope
Hope
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:15 am

lol, I didn't have cable when I was growing up as a kid Wink And... I'm older than most of you guys, so I was in the wrong generation.... but, to redeam myself, I'll take a look at the link. Wouldn't want to cause some sort of riot Razz
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:17 am

hahahahaha!

but awww you guys...talking about the show makes me really miss it. T.T I find it online somewhere or something! <3
Hope
Hope
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:35 am

Aw Shades really? Gah, we can no longer be friends...

Mad
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:38 am

Whoa
*Sobs*
Censored
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:41 am

LOL *tackle hug* awwwww I's just kidding! Very Happy Razz Hug

I know I'll do your laundry for a week or two Laundry will that help? Glomp
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:44 am

Ha Ha friend!! Razz Well if you insist on the laundry.... Wink Though you don't have to do that! It's a never ending task!
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:55 am

true, but see remember a while back you did laundry for like ever one day oO this was my thought process . . . perhaps there is a laundry digimon which can help you . . . digimon (if you haven't already figured out) is a digital monster Very Happy but unlike pokemon (at least in seasons one through three) each digidestined (the kids) only had one digimon and it was like soulmate/creature/thing/companion/conscious to them. Smile really cool Very Happy
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:51 am

Ha Ha!! Man, my digimon would be so... pathetic.... unless it like.... shot soap suds in the eyes of my foes.... Mwa-hahaha! Bleaching powers!! "I'll shout them out like a stain!!"

Brilliant... :3
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next