FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone else played the new Harry Potter and the Half Blo

4 posters

Go down

Has anyone else played the new Harry Potter and the Half Blo Empty Has anyone else played the new Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince game?

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:54 pm

I purchased The Half Blood Prince game, since I loved the last game before this (the Order of the Phoenix). This new game is fairly similar to the last, but with improved graphics and other gameplay features, like potion making.

As I was playing it, I was thinking, "Wow, it really seems like they were trying to make this game the best yet." And then, I realized (especially when I beat the game in just 2 days time) that the game seemed very rushed. There were doorways modeled and placed in different parts of the castle, but many of them didn't work. One of them that was outside was an archway, which clearly looked as if it were supposed to lead somewhere into the castle, but instead of even modeling and placing a door in the archway that won't open, they didn't even do that! So, it ended up being this archway with stone in the middle, the same stone that makes up the rest of the castle. It became quite clear that this recent game was not completed to its entirety.

Being a Video Game Art and Design major, I took notice of lots of the little, well thought out details throughout the game, such as the rainbows that form from the mist in the greenhouses, or the dripping of water down in the caves leading to the Quidditch pitch, or the characters themselves, like their very detailed hair or the zits or freckles on their faces. In short, it seemed as if a lot of thought went into making each detail of the game. At least the parts that were made and completed for the game were done nicely.

I'm not sure if the development team had another project that they had to move on to, and that's why they had to leave it, or what. I'm guessing they stopped work completely on the game back in November of 2008 (when both The Half Blood Prince movie and game were supposed to have came out). It's sad, because there is clearly a well-made foundation here with this game. I feel a little cheated that I beat it so soon, especially when I was hardly devoting time to play it.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Has anyone else played the new Harry Potter and the Half Blo Empty Re: Has anyone else played the new Harry Potter and the Half Blo

Post by LunarScorpio Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:59 pm

I just got the game the other day, but I haven’t gotten a chance to play it much yet. I played the very first part (with the Quidditch) but nothing more. I haven’t had the time to. I’m hoping to get back to it tomorrow or the next day. But I will let you know what I think when I get into it a bit more.
LunarScorpio
LunarScorpio
Shadow
Shadow

Female

http://felsphotos.com

Back to top Go down

Has anyone else played the new Harry Potter and the Half Blo Empty Re: Has anyone else played the new Harry Potter and the Half Blo

Post by Dio the Awesome Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:19 pm

Actually, from what I heard, all the Harry Potter games seemed rushed and half assed. I see no reason why this would be any different.

Also, unless you're playing on the Wii version, it's kinda pointless. At least it feels like you're waving a wand.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:53 am

I have the 5th game for the Wii and that was pretty fun. I got the 6th for the computer though. It's just more convenient for me, since TJ hogs the TV for all of his other games, lol. So far it's not bad on the PC, but like I said, I haven't gotten that far into it.
LunarScorpio
LunarScorpio
Shadow
Shadow

Female

http://felsphotos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:21 am

Yay! I'm glad you were able to get it, Lunar. ^_^ Let us know what you think.

I can agree with you, Diodri, that the older Harry Potter games were like that. Some of the older ones were just awful. But the most recent two have been absolutely amazing, I thought. The castle itself (so realistic and like the films), all the ambient sounds, the voices, the gameplay, the side quests, the dueling, all of it has been ten times better than those old Harry Potter games.

I don't think it's pointless to play it on a controller though. If you enjoy it, then you enjoy it. No use arguing which is more fun, as long as the person playing is having fun. Plus, we don't own a Wii, nor do we have money to be spending on one at this point in our lives. Even if we did own a Wii though, I'd still want to play it on my PS3, since you'd be losing out on all the amazing graphics I had been describing.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:50 am

That's very true Fate.

I don't own next gen consoles, because there is not very many games I want to play for each. Once they come out with a Wii Station 360, I'll be set. -_-
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:51 am

That's too bad. Lol that would be beyond epic, Diodri. XD As cool as that would be (since every game to come out would have to be for that one console), it'd also have the monopoly, and with no competition, it'd probably be super expensive.

Yeah, the only reason we have the PS3 is because it was a Christmas present from my entire family and some extended family, lol. (I'm unemployed, so there's no way I could afford it, myself.)
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kunesume Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:39 am

I didn't bother. I learned the hard way never to play games made after movies. The ssecond Harry Potter game in those jelly beans still haunt my mind and my taste buds No
"....Hmmm....Throw up flavored Jelly Beans..." No No No

LOL
Kunesume
Kunesume
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down