FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Book of Frozen Memory: Advice Needed. ^^

3 posters

Go down

The Book of Frozen Memory: Advice Needed. ^^ Empty The Book of Frozen Memory: Advice Needed. ^^

Post by ..s.k.i.t.t.l.e.s.. Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:43 pm

A failed attempt to get anyone on my favorite site, Gaia, which I believe is how I was recruited here, which is strange because I did not think I qualified for this sort of thing...

Anyways, this RP, is fantasy based. I made up the entirety of the map, my own inhabitants, including the population, major cities, mannerisms, dress and attitude towards the others inhabiting the planet. I made my own creature list, including some you D and D players may recognize. ^^

The RP is based upon a set of characters traveling by sea vessel searching for artifacts with great value. Anyways, I would rather have mortal opinion before I go into great detail, because it could be a flop, no matter how hard I have worked on it. Just write me a reply if this somewhat sounds interesting... Thanks. ^^
..s.k.i.t.t.l.e.s..
..s.k.i.t.t.l.e.s..
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

The Book of Frozen Memory: Advice Needed. ^^ Empty Re: The Book of Frozen Memory: Advice Needed. ^^

Post by ..s.k.i.t.t.l.e.s.. Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:49 pm

Well.. I might as well add the story so this sounds a bit more interesting...

On calm beaches, it whispers. Through the valley of shadows it screams. In the essence of creationism and through the stages of evolution does it linger. It grows in the branches of every tree, carried on the wind with a gentle breeze. Immortalized in books, beatified in statures of porcelain and marble, monuments to the one thing that shows the great and evil things that have been done and will be done again. Without it we are nothing, with it we can learn from our mistakes, though we make many, its lessons are never too far off hand. In the great world of Lesaud, there are those who cannot survive in its absence.

History and memory is a necessary piece to the puzzle of life. We are not defined by our own histories, but we can learn from what we have memory of. To ensure the safety of history, the God’s created Saga, a creature in long robes whose job it was to dictate all of the patterns of life into The Book of Memory. When one page is filled, another takes its place, and so on and so forth. Written in its own blood, Saga’s only vice is to ensure the safety of his work and continue to protect history from fading.

Fakanna and Jacoba are two sisters born of royal blood. Both raised with the ideals of mercy, benevolence, honor, and justice, yet only one agreed. The other, with a darkened heart hated the life she was leading. To be told on what to do, how to rule her people when it was her turn to take the crown, and then, having to share it with her younger sister. When she turned of age, Jacoba threw her necklace at her father’s feet and took to the seas, never to return again…

During the hours of twilight, a group of unknown hooded figures stole into Saga’s keep, and though it stayed, its hands moving faster than any one on earth was capable, the leader drove a sword through its heart, and ended its existence. Saga’s mortality was the only flaw in his grand design. Thought to rule the world, the bandits, lead by a much older Jacoba, unknowingly plunged the world into darkness. The histories, memories and stories built by those who lived in Lesaud were shattered and forgotten, all creatures great and small collapsing in the very instant that Saga passed; only to wake up moments later…

Forgetting everything they had ever known.

Without the order of justice, Lesaud plunged into chaos. Riots, thieves, bandits and pirates began to emerge. Without a King or Queen to guide the people, life carried on in the most chaotic of manners. Luscious greens died under the lack of tilling of farmers, and food was falling shot in supply because there were no herders or fisherman to keep up with supply and demand. Everyone had forgotten everything, except for one person…

A safe passage clause allowed the royal blood line two members of their family to retain their memory, if anything ever happened to saga. The necklace that Jacoba had neglected would have saved her from the darkness, but it was Fakanna that stayed. Now, with the shell of The Book of Memories, it is her responsibility to roll with the bunches and follow the clues left behind by the Gods to piece the book back together and bring history and thus, a future, back to her beautiful home, Lesaud.

The Now....

Fakanna has gathered up her money, purchased a great sea-faring vessel to take her around the world in search of the clues left behind by the Great Gods in heaven, which may lead her to the threshold of rebirth. However, her sailing skills are lets say, sub par, and this is a task she cannot complete on her lonesome, she needs to hire a crew, and how! If she stands in the market place with a sign-up sheet, she might as well have her wish come true, if she can survive the heaviness of the markets without having all of her items stolen. Your journey begins in the market place of Lumis. You need money and to get that, you need a job. Perhaps at the tavern, but you don't know if you are people oriented enough for that. Perhaps a ring fighter? Maybe you aren't really one for violence. But that girl at that lop-sided wooden table, she has a piece of a paper and a sign. That could be your ultimate meal ticket....
..s.k.i.t.t.l.e.s..
..s.k.i.t.t.l.e.s..
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

The Book of Frozen Memory: Advice Needed. ^^ Empty Re: The Book of Frozen Memory: Advice Needed. ^^

Post by Aesalon Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:58 pm

If it doesn't start for a little while, I would be interested -at the moment I am embroiled in a few too many RP's.
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ..s.k.i.t.t.l.e.s.. Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:23 pm

Oh of course, I have no idea even how to start an RP on this thing quite yet. I am not use to this kind of... forum RP just yet..... thank you for your response. ^^ It is mucho appreciated.
..s.k.i.t.t.l.e.s..
..s.k.i.t.t.l.e.s..
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:23 pm

I would like to say that I saw this on Gaia. o: I considered joining, but I don't know if I'll end up doing so.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ..s.k.i.t.t.l.e.s.. Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:04 pm

That's where it started... but no one gaia is remotely literate enough to read through it... or put any effort... so.. I will try it here, see how it goes.
..s.k.i.t.t.l.e.s..
..s.k.i.t.t.l.e.s..
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:14 pm

..s.k.i.t.t.l.e.s.. wrote:That's where it started... but no one gaia is remotely literate enough to read through it... or put any effort... so.. I will try it here, see how it goes.
It means they weren't interested if no one that read it joined. Not necessarily means they didn't put any effort or aren't literate enough for it. There is a huge difference and you can't quiet force people to be interested in something they don't want to be a part of or put any effort into it either. There are more than just a couple reasons why people didn't join it.

The story is a good start though. A pure adventure RP from the looks of it and I do have to say that there would need to be more information before myself, personally speaking that is, consider even joining. I don't even know what kind of a fantasy world it is. Does it contain magic? What kind of monsters and beasts roam the world?

I don't even remember seeing you post anything inside The Literate Roleplaying Guild for this RP. Not one RP thread. I know you posted it in AAG, but that guild is super dead on Gaia. You do have a good start on your RP's story so don't get angry if people don't join it. Sometimes some ideas just don't work out at a particular point in time.

I would like to know more about your RP though. I might join, although that is really pushing my limit then. Just too many unknowns for me to sign my John Hancock with a character profile. If I did join, I could make character portraits! I do like that idea! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down