FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruin: Shattered Memory

3 posters

Go down

Ruin: Shattered Memory Empty Ruin: Shattered Memory

Post by Artorius Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:14 am

3 months...

What is this place? Is any of this real?

A dream?… a memory?… who can say…

This power, why did it choose me?

You chose this path… do you not remember?

Remember?

Think long and hard… remember… remember who you are…

Who I… am?

RUIN

Welcome to the world of Ruin: Shattered Memory! This interest check will consist of 3 sections: 1. The Introduction* 2. Knowledge System** 3. Character Sheet***. Each section will contain information relevant to the role play. And should you choose to join, you may find that a couple of them are required reading. This is a different concept that I am trying and open to criticism and suggestions. Please feel free to look at the RP's potential rather than take it at face value.

*The Introduction
Hello, fellow RPer, you've taken the first step towards becoming acquainted with New Casadonia. What? You want to know what happened to Old Casadonia? That's a long, convoluted and EXTREMELY boring story of war, loss, apocalypse, heroic adventure, and failure so let's not get into it.

First of all, New Casadonia is a modern-ish fantasy setting. All technology present during World War I exists in New Casadonia- YES, GUNS DO EXIST. However, the way of the sword is still widely practiced and a viable form of self defense. This is because swordsmen know advanced techniques which can repel bullets and decimate opponents. Although, the advent of machine guns and trench warfare have significantly decreased the effectiveness of skilled swordsman in a large organized battle, quick skirmishes are a swordsman's best friend and they are the preferred combat unit in such cases. Many nations, if at war, utilize knight divisions. In terms of body armor, this is where thing's get a little weird. It is a combination of metal plates and mobile leather and fabric. Overall, it is not too heavy and cumbersome. Helmets are practically identical to World War I offerings. Second, cities are modern and feature trains as well as primitive automobiles. However, housing remains fairly simple and cities almost resemble villages in their simplicity, but this simplicity only hides the complexity of city industrial centers. Think, Full Metal Alchemist in this respect, or maybe steampunk type themes. (minus the steam haha)

A third characteristic of Ruin's universe is the importance of TIME. All characters start with a tabula rasa, blank slate. They are totally ignorant of who they are/were and where they are and came from. However, they all know some sort of event will take place in three months time. What this event entails, none of them know. Additionally, they are all in possession of an object of great power, power which they do not know how to use- yet. This special object can be a sword, a gun, a coin, ANYTHING. Let the object speak to your personality and what you want to accomplish in this universe. Seeing as you have no memory, and no goal, except for three months from now, the options are limitless. However, rest assured, there is a story planned, but the opening stages will feature a lot of improvisation in terms of direction.

**Knowledge System
So, you woke up in a totally white room with a bunch of other people, an object you seem to like, and no clue as to how you got there, or who anybody is, including yourself! You have this nagging feeling in the back of your mind, like you've forgotten something important. The only clue you have to go on is this- 3 months. What is happening in three months? You have no idea. However, fear not! You did not simply get erased! As you grow and experience the world of New Casadonia you will unlock your lost memories! This is known as the knowledge system. Let's start with a simple example.

ex.1- Artorius walked down the streets of Metropolis. While on his way to the movie theater, Artorius caught a wiff of freshly baked bread from the nearby Jill's Sandwich Shop. He recalled those days at the mill, grinding the grain until it was fine enough to be used as flour for the bread. Then, all of a sudden, it was gone. Artorius tried to further recall this mill, to no avail.

See! There's no splitting headache, or sudden recall of your whole past life. It's a simple, small, and self contained memory. It was also recalled naturally and fleetingly. This is how your heroes will recall their past knowledge, by DOING, or experiencing similar situations to their past experiences. Let's take a look at another example.

ex. 2- Artorius fumbled around with the bullets in his pocket. He dropped several of the shells as he attempted to shove them into the loading mechanism of the rifle. Artorius's hand trembled uncontrollably, so the makeshift rifleman closed his eyes and took two deep breaths. Then, his hands began to move like clockwork, efficiently and accurately. He lined up his first shot, and immediately found success as his shot hit the mark.

Yes, vague, undescriptive, etc. but the writing wasn't the point of the example! Notice how Artorius learned, or rather, remembered, through DOING. This is how our characters will unlock their memories and prior knowledge. However, somebody telling our characters about something they have seen them do, or say in the past may help them to recall their memories.

***Character Sheet
Name: None, silly! You don't remember your name! (Do not fill)

Age: Mid-twenties, besides that, you can't tell, or remember! (Do not fill)

Gender: Male, female, or otherwise. One of the few things you do remember.

Appearance: Pictures are fine.

Object: The object you've awoken with. What is it?! A die? A sword? A key?

Bio: Bio? What bio? You don't remember who you are remember? (Do not fill)

Questions, comments, suggestions, interest, it's all welcome here!
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Ruin: Shattered Memory Empty Re: Ruin: Shattered Memory

Post by Phi Chisym Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:56 pm

Name: Don't Remember

Age: Still unsure, but I feel like I'm around my mid-twenties. Looks are there as well.

Appearance: Ruin: Shattered Memory Bangs-10

I'm 5"6' without heels; eyes are grey, but I can see some olive green blended in there. I had black hair, but according to the roots, I am naturally a brunette.

Oh, I can see a wine stain birthmark on the back of my left shoulder with the mirror I found. Ah, but looks to me that I was trying to cover it up with a tattoo of a bird of paradise... It's incomplete, like the line work and shading was started, but I didn't return to start the coloring...

Object: Mirror

Bio: Okay... Ummm, I woke up in an empty room with some other people. I have unfinished ink over a birthmark (both of them I do not recall) and a mirror I found on the floor. And I have this strange feeling that somethings coming up in three months...
Who knows? Definitely not me.
But...I should....should I?
The End.

Last edited by Phi Chisym on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:17 pm; edited 6 times in total
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.upsidedownwords.hqforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Desert Sands Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:00 pm

I am interested.

Name: Jon… Jack… Joe… possibly something with a J?

Age: Late-twenties? The streaks of gray hair make it difficult to tell

Appearance: I’m tall! Looks like I am around 6’3’’ and relatively broad across the shoulders. I have some lean muscle everywhere. I have dark blue eyes and a hooked nose. Looks like it was broken at some point (damn!). The short-cropped black hair is shot with distinguishing streaks of gray, and I have neat beard over my chin. Relatively chiseled good looks. I think I am probably attractive… or vain. My knuckles and fingers are quite callused, and my forearms feel strong. I have the tattoo of a raven carrying a sword in one foot, and skull dangling from two sharp talons in the other on the inside of my right forearm.

Object: A set of five six-sided crystal dice. A different image is somehow inset to be visible in the every face of each of the dice: a dragon with wings flaring over a battle, a grinning one-eyed devil offering a hand of black flame, an angel with a blazing sword, a phoenix over a great gnarled tree, and the reaper with a raven hovering above its scythe. The dice are inside a worn, black silk pouch with the same image as my tattoo embroidered in silver thread. Black sand accompanies the dice, some of it a rust-brown. Is that old blood?

Biography: I have broken my nose at one point, and I got a tattoo. I’m feeling hungry for bread, I think I might love bread.

Questions:
Is this world currently at war, what kind of nations and cultures are there?

Desert Sands
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:58 pm

Is this concept a no go, or time hasn't worked for you lately to think upon it? Just checking so I can get my RP list in order... Smile
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.upsidedownwords.hqforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down