FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

+15
Erebus
Blackrock
Kalaam
Digital Muse
Fluesopp
Gadreille
Weiss
Stion Gyas
Stray
Kaitlyn Wild
Reffy
Loki
Alphariusthemad
Zephiris
Kalon Ordona II
19 posters

Page 16 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next

Go down

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC - Page 16 Empty Re: Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:22 pm

Sorry for the double post. Is it possible I could create another character. This one who is not quite a restricted? It would give me something else to do?

Back to top Go down

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC - Page 16 Empty Re: Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

Post by Blackrock Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:09 am

Aaaand, posted. *faints*

Looking back at what I wrote, not everything is as I planned it to be, but I'm overall happy with the result. On a similar note, it's even bigger than the description on 'The Hawks" Razz
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:01 pm

*pant, pant*
HUZZAH for long posts!! cheers
Goodness, Blackrock, that's some quality. Very inspiring. Clap

Good job on the events of the post, too. That's the idea with the shadow creatures. They're enough threat to be a very real danger. Disorganization and fear will result in more casualties. The amount of discipline brought by The Hawks is what made such complete victory. Nod

The shadow creatures will be learning, though. It's a good thing the Hawks are leaving. If they were to stay, the attacks would get tougher to match the challenge. It's kind-of like a video game where the monsters are scaled to the player's level. ^^ If you lose your nerve, they'll getcha. If you're hardcore, all you see is the EXP. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:10 pm

They might just stay around and grind a bit Razz

On second thought *shudders*, after years of MMO's I'm not really into grinding be it directly as a player, or indirectly as a writer Wink

Also, good to see that my idea came across. I think organization is a key to any undertaking, be it military or otherwise; and one of the biggest foes - lack of. Fear too. For example, the main reason for drowning isn't really lack of breath, but disorientation and panic. I've gone through that, it's not cool, trust me Sad

And thanks for the compliment, I strive to maintain the high bar set by the rest of you guys and gals Smile

PS. Is it just me or, do I use way too many smilies? Neutral
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:14 pm

Smilies, Wink , are great! cheers
I find myself using a lot, too, sometimes, Coolio, when I'm in an overly Excited mood. Laughing
Yaaaay for smilies! Clap Muhaha

Edit:
And if that isn't the most perfect representation of the two sides of my personality.... *glances over at serious-looking avatar, representing the cool side* Cool
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:01 am

Ummmm .... hi ... *waves*

Sorry I haven't been around (not that anybody noticed me gone.) I'm probably dropping out of this. I haven't posted in ages, and my RPs were really bad, and I was trillions of miles away from everybody, and I wasn't good at the whole different language thing.

I'm sorry. Feel like I kinda let the side down.

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:17 pm

I've finally finished writing out my post. I want to go through and edit it before I actually post it up, so it might be another day or to before it is posted. I'm also tempted to send it to Kalon first, before I post it, to make sure I didn't too anything too drastic. I would hate to ruin something and then have to go back and edit.

Sorry to hear that you are dropping out, Reffy.

Edit: I changed my mind. I'm just going to post it now and I will edit it later. I know the quality will be kind of bad, and descriptions lacking in areas. But I will come back and edit it and let you all know if it needs re-reading Very Happy

Kalon, let me know if anything is wrong with it, grammar or content-wise.

Edit 2: Blackrock beat my wordcount by about 200 words, and 2x quality. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:50 pm

Shocked
I might need to fit this in to read it.

This is go great; the ante is so high! xD

Please don't leave if you don't want to, Reffy! I thought you were doing great. Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:28 pm

Sorry about the wait. Hopefully, my reply with Brenard will be much quicker.
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:41 pm

I am having issues at the moment. Advice as to what I am to do now?

Do I contact the boy again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:08 pm

Wouldn't it have been easier if you had just made a normal character?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:19 pm

Where did that come from?

I was just asking what others thought as coordination is a key factor in this RP.

To answer your question, yes it likely would have been easier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:18 pm

Stion...shall I just concentrate on Kate for now? It seems you're pretty tied up.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:44 am

Silvone Elestahr wrote:
Edit 2: Blackrock beat my wordcount by about 200 words, and 2x quality. Sad

I don't agree. After finally having the time to sit down and read through it all, I have to say - your post was much more enjoyable than mine. Looking forward to the next one Smile

Now, to put my spelling/grammar-nazi-mode on. In this part "Barthon’s heard constantly leapt into his throat as shapes in...". Shouldn't it be "heart"? Small nitpick, but I thought I'd point it out. Wink
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:23 am

I'm not sure what the terunari could do at the moment. They'd probably watch.
You could make another character if you like, Raptorman. Very Happy That way you'll have more things to do if the terunari are busy watching Simion.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:41 am

Everyone, be careful not to give too much power to the shadow creatures. (Remember, too, that their forms are solid enough, until they're dead.)

The massacre at Highcrest would be an exTREMEly rare event. I imagine what happened was mass panic and hysteria. No doubt the bandits aggravated that much of it. There was probably a raid by the bandits before the attack, which helped demoralize the people as well as wreck some of the fortifications and probably even open the gate. Terrified out of their minds, the people would be trampling themselves in a futile attempt to flee.

One other way a situation like this might occur is if there is an extremely powerful coward somewhere in a town. A mighty warrior or mage, perhaps, who probably due to a phobia is uncharacteristically petrified with fear. Such an occurrence would bring more shadow creatures than the rest of the people could handle, causing many more casualties than if the powerful person had done his part.

Anyway, just remember that the shadows are deceptively easy to kill. They make you think they won't go down without an epic fight, and that fear makes it so. Fear is their real weapon.

There were probably too many deaths at the keep, but we can make it work because of the shadow beasts' victory at Highcrest. The shadows don't normally win. That they did probably made the difference in how many casualties there were at the keep.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:00 am

I didn't realize that they weren't that strong. If you would like, I could put a spin on it, perhaps leaving the evil Lord at fault (cleaning up after the battle to cover his tracks).

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:58 pm

Oooh, that might be a good idea. If the bad guy was in that town, that would draw more monsters. If, on top of that, the bad guy kills people himself and then leaves, a massacre would be more than feasible. Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:39 am

Alright, cool. I find some way to get that in. Perhaps with a post from the Lord's point of view, detailing how it happened. It would have to be sneaky-like...since Simion, Quentin, and the rest of Carsiun couldn't have known that it was him. He would have had to help the shadows get in, yet not get his own men or himself killed in the proces....hmmmm....

By the way, could you add Highcrest and Carsiun Keep to the map please?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:38 am

Yes, I was going to mention that. I also have to do Elister, Fenwater, and a few others.... Or I might have already done them. I'll have to check. I'll get to it tomorrow. *makes a note*
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:40 am

Can I also request a link to my character sheet on the first page? Smile
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:49 pm

Oh no! Doh I'm so sorry, Blackrock! Sad
Yes, I'll make one up as soon as I can. I might not have much time today, unexpectedly, but we'll see.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:14 pm

Kalon I am beginning work on my second character now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:52 pm

I've added Tuula, Tuuli, and Barin to the character list in the OOC, but I still have to add them to the main thread. I'll try to fit that in ASAP. Smile
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:54 pm

Silvone, I can't remember what we agreed on as far as Z'ang meeting Brenard, Barthon, and the others. Shall I handle the combat?
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:53 pm

I've updated Human Locations quite a bit. The maps should be current, now, and there's now some information on many of the individual locations. Very Happy These'll be expanded upon greatly, of course. Eventually.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:17 pm

Stion Gyas wrote:Silvone, I can't remember what we agreed on as far as Z'ang meeting Brenard, Barthon, and the others. Shall I handle the combat?

Sorry...when I read this the first time I swear you were addressing Kalon, so I thought it was a question I didn't know about. Either you edited the name or I just read it wrong Embarassed

You can take it from where I left off as far as you want to go, whether before, through, or long after the combat. I really don't mind. Whatever you feel comfortable with. If you have lots of ideas, then feel free to get them out. If not, just write what you want and I will pick it up from there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:40 pm

I did write Kalon first, then realized I had somehow mixed you two up. I'm working on the post now, but I don't know how long it might go.
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Erebus Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:54 pm

Hey all, this here is the character I intend to use in this role-play. Be nice to him, and if you have any comments please feel free to share.

. : Name : .
Full Name: Lucas Quinn, Sword for Hire
Use Name: Lucas
Other: Luc (Only used by close friends and family), Sergeant Quinn (former title)
Played by: Erebus

. : Appearance : .
Height and Build: Lucas is average height, with a slight but well defined body.
Description: Lucas' eyes are a deep and haunting shade of blue that speak of sorrows and experiences far beyond his years, however they also contain traces of innocence and childlike determination. His hair is a tawny blonde in colour and frames his face with locks of shoulder length gold which he usually leaves unrestrained except in battle. He has a large scar adorning his left hip, a token of appreciation from one of his opponents. There are various other small scars dotted across his body as befitting most swordsmen, although none are of the same size as the one on his hip. His right arm also possesses a rather strange series of tattoos, a list of names woven along a length of decorative vine in black ink. There are nearly a dozen names in total, each name representing an enemy whom Lucas has killed in single combat. Despite his small stature and lean build, he still commands an aura of respect and seems to almost exude a sense of danger in his lithe movements and quick reflexes.
Clothing: Beneath his armour, Lucas usually wears a tight fitting black shirt and plain black cotton pants also in black. Lucas armour consists of a series of plates in a dull grey hue that are plain and unadorned by symbols or any other easily recognisable features. His helmet is a simple affair that is practical rather than decorative and of the same colour and design as the rest of his armour. Lucas also carries a plain wooden shield painted a matte black with no coat of arms or other feature on its surface. When not wearing his armour, the most common choices in clothing for Lucas include a simple tunic, a pair of sturdy pants and strong leather boots. The colours he favours most include various shades of grey and black, with occasional dashes of brown thrown in for good measure. Lucas also owns a large grey travelling cloak with a hood which he will don if the weather turns particularly cold or it starts to rain.
Weapons: Lucas uses a hand and a half sword as his primary weapon in combat, his blade, Apathy, is in keeping with the style of the rest of his equipment; a relatively simple and practical weapon. It is made of sturdy and well kept steel and has a vine design similar to that on his arm etched into the actual blade. The word Apathy is written in a flowing script in conjunction with the vine in a style similar to that of the names on his arm tattoo. The hilt of the blade is steel and is wrapped in black leather with a simple steel counterweight for the pommel. In addition to this he also has two daggers, one of which he keeps in a sheathe at his waist and another hidden in his boot. Both daggers are stylistically the same as his sword, but on a smaller scale. The two daggers are named Sorrow and Misery respectively.
Other: He wears a silver chain underneath his armour and tunic which has a beautiful deep blue sapphire in the shape of a raindop attached to it. This necklace was a gift to him from his sister and he treasures it above all of his other possessions as it is the only reminder he has of his previous life. His sister gave it to him originally saying that it was the same colour as his eyes, and therefore a fitting gift for him. His horse, a beautiful palamino by the name of Jericho, is also one of his most treasured possessions and it often seems that he cares more for it than for people.
Impression: His overall appearance is somber, thoughtful and somewhat sad but also lethal and dangerous when required.

. : Heritage : .
Birthplace: Sephalia, Telmural
Family: His sister Erena and his mother Leanne are the only real family that Lucas has, however he has not seen them in over a year.
Inheritance: Lucas was taught underneath his father, Captain Turin of the Royal Guard as well as the other members of the Royal Guard. He learnt much in the art of war as well as in the use of weaponry, leadership and other tactics. Upon his fathers death, Lucas inherited a small manor in the city of Telmural where his mother and sister currently reside.
Other: Lucas knows many people in the city of Telmural, including the Crown Prince Ezekiel. He is also aquainted with many mercenaries in cities and towns all across the country of Sephalia, as well as many other minor nobles and the like. He has no real friends however, and is very much a lone wolf.

. : Persona : .
Biography: Born in the city of Telmural in Sephalia, Lucas was the second child of Captain Turin Quinn of the Telmural royal guard. Lucas grew up in the royal palace, and due to his standing as the child of a trusted servant to the crown was quite close to the Royal Family itself. He had a very happy childhood and spent a lot of his time learning and playing. Once he was slightly older, his father and the other guards in the palace began training him in the arts of war in the hopes that some day he would be able to take over from his father as the Captain of the Royal Guards. Lucas proved to be an apt student, and quickly picked up many of the skills he was taught and was eager for more. In his spare time, he took to reading and devoured many texts on the history of the world and also on the Zephirisian religion. He also studied the Draconic language quite extensively and developed a rudimentary ability to both speak, read and write in the dragon tongue.
At the age of fifteen, Lucas was inducted into the Royal Guard proper and was assigned as one of the personal guards for the young Prince Ezekiel. He performed his duties diligently, and continued his training with his weapons in an attempt to perfect his skills. Soon he was one of the most proficient swordsmen in the Guard and despite his young age defeated many older men in training. His studies in history, religion and the Draconic language continued and he was soon well respected for his extensive knowledge. When Ezekiel was named Crown Prince, Lucas was promoted to the rank of Corporal at the young age of nineteen and it seemed to many that he was well on his way to succeeding his father in his position as Captain.
Things proceeded as normal for several years and Lucas' prowess with his weaponry and his thirst for knowledge grew even greater. At twenty three he was promoted to be the sergeant of the squad responsible for the safety of Crown Prince Ezekiel, an honour that many believed he was too young for. Rumours about how he was only ranked so high because of his father soon spread, but few could deny that Lucas was a competent and fair sergeant in his own right. One guardsman however continued trying to blacken Lucas' name and finally challenged Lucas to a duel. The duel was held with many of the Royal Guard in attendance and in the end Lucas emerged as the victor. The other man lay dead before him, a fatal wound across his chest.
Following his victory, Lucas had a tattoo of a black vine with the name of the man he had killed inked onto his left arm to serve as a constant reminder of his deed. The rumours stopped and the men under his command learned to respect their young sergeant as a competent and capable man. Shortly after his promotion however, things started to become more dangerous in the palace, as the previous Crown Prince, Ophiuchus, was gathering an army of mercenaries in preparation for launching a coup against the palace.
Under the direction of Prince Ezekiel, Lucas and the rest of the Royal Guard dressed as servants in order to draw the mercenaries into a trap. The trap went off brilliantly and they slaughtered the majority of the intruders in a surprise attack. However, some of the attackers escaped including Ophiuchus but due to the fore planning of Ezekiel, they were run down and killed by the cavalry. The attack though, had an unforeseen casualty. Lucas' father Turin had been killed by one of the mercenaries in the fighting. Lucas, overwhelmed by grief at the loss of his mentor, father and Captain, resigned from his post in the guard and left the city of Telmural entirely.
Following his resignation Lucas became a sword for hire, selling his services as a skilled swordsman and leader to the highest bidder. He continued in this way for some time, jumping between mercenary groups and even leading them on occasion where it was necessary but never staying with the same group for very long. Over the course of the next year he earned for himself a level of respect for his skills and his strange ways. He also added another ten names to the growing vine on his arm, each of the names representing a worthy foe he had killed in a single combat. In one of his fights, he received an injury to his hip which nearly proved fatal, however he managed to survive and still defeated the opponent.
He also acquired for himself a new set of armour as well as his Palamino stallion, Jericho. The sword and daggers were a gift from the Captain of a mercenary company he served for several months with.
Motivation: Lucas is motivated by very little other than the need for survival and a strange sense of honour that he abides by.
Skills and Talents: Lucas is a very skilled fighter and swordsman, though his lack of experience and youth are often an impediment and he still has much to learn. He can speak limited Draconic and fluent Human. He is also able to write and read in both languages. Lucas has an impressive knowledge of Sephalian history as well as knowing the history of Mandor and a good deal about the other races. Lucas knows how to speak Draconic, and has an idea of how to use Dragon magic, but has never really been taught in the art.
Strengths: Lucas is soft spoken and hard to anger with a strong sense of justice and right and wrong. He will always stand for what his own conscience tells him to do regardless of the dangers that may present themselves. Lucas is level headed and rarely makes rash decisions though he is still young and does not have as great a knowledge as many older warriors.
Weaknesses: Lucas has many issues of his own, mostly to do with the death of his father. He is not generally a very sociable person and often avoids contact with other people where possible. While he is by no means easy to dislike, it is also very hard for people to like or trust him either.
Personality: Lucas is a strange character as far as personality goes. Although on the outside he appears to be a level headed, polite and soft spoken individual with knowledge far beyond his years, on the inside matters are very different. He does not befriend other people easily and often appears to be stand offish and depressed. While once he was a very enthusiastic and outgoing person, he now has lost much of that drive and lacks motivation or purpose in his life.
Erebus
Erebus
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:44 am

Welcome aboard! Smile

I'm ashamed to say that I *still* haven't begun working on my post, since I've been busy with other projects and the ever-dreadful RL. It's Easter holiday now, though, and once I return from a short trip I'll sit down on my butt and continue Barin's adventures.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next