FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holy the Sea

4 posters

Go down

Holy the Sea Empty Holy the Sea

Post by Kana_Takashi Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:55 pm

How it started.....

Long ago in times of old,
Was an empress consumed by the love of jewels and gold.
With frivolous air she sent her armies out,
For riches and relics they would scout.
When they happened upon a land with a treasure they were to take,
They would ravage the land leaving death in their wake.
The woman's greedy love,
Was soon spotted by those who reside in the sky above.
Their rage she had ignited,
For all their hard work she had slighted.
In order for the empress to atone for her crime,
She'd be trapped within the confines of a lamp till the end of time.
To keep her from escaping they put her not under lock nor key,
But in a cave on the other side of Holy the Sea.
It is said she has power that could bring the Gods to their knees,
But only if one can escape the cave hidden near the seas.

It was a poem that had been read to him many a time, a poem the young prince's mother would recite to him before bed every night. It gave him dreams of magic and adventure and in the morning he'd tell his mother all about it. But no more would that happen for that night was when death fell upon Barayas's royal palace. Thieves invaded that castle claiming more than it's riches, but also the lives of it's royal family.

The country's beloved sultan had been taken from his people and in his place stood his advisor. The man had claimed that the young prince's personal guard had let them in. The advisor would now be crowned their new sultan much to the people's dismay. The man was by no means as kind hearted and generous as the previous king. Instead he delved into the dark arts and filled Barayas with poverty and misery. Of course he lived in the lap of luxury, all his days filled with fine wine and food, exotic entertainment, and beautiful women.

His interest in these dark arts was a sin though, one that the Gods couldn't allow to spread to other areas of their world. In result they dried up the sea, isolating the country of Barayas from the rest of their creation. The Gods cursed the country, letting the evils of their sultan to be a sin for them all. There was but one hope left for the people of Barayas, the genie that could defy even the Gods will.

Though even this evil sultan had a thorn in his side. The so called Prince of Theives would forever cause him to lose his riches. This Prince of Thieves was of no means true royalty, the blond hair only distinct to them had died out, and he did not steal to give back to the poor people of Barayas but he was the only one who managed to cause chaos in this horrible sultan's life.

Unknown to either sultan or thief was that a royal heir did survive, for it was not his guard who had betrayed his parents. Barayas's true prince had been protected by his guard and carried away into the night. Years had passed and now the young prince, still a companion to his trusted guard, is now remembering the tale his mother had told him and wondering if it's true. Even though it is skeptical that the lamp even exists both sultan and prince hold high hopes in the truth to the legend of the lamp and it's powerful genie.

SPOTS

The Band of Thieves

The Prince of Thieves - Taken by Kana_Takashi
The Abandoned Prince - Taken by Inerio
The Disgraced Warrior - The Abandoned Prince's trusted guard. This character will protect his charge no matter the conciquences for himself.
The Double Agent - Taken by Kana_Takashi
The Cunning Fox - A sly and persuasive thief. Definitely more brains than brawn.

Practitioners of the Dark Arts

The Corrupt Ruler - Barayas's horrid sultan who had the previous ruler and his family killed. Reserved by Verhalten
The Devil's Right Hand - The sultan's number one warrior. He is loyal to the sultan alone and strives to get anything and everything that his master wishes for. Taken by Verhalten
The Jaded Fortuneteller - Taken by The Literate Angel

The Agents of the Gods

The Cursed Empress - Taken by Inerio
The Lamp's Protector - Taken by Ethereal_Dreamz

Character Sheet

Code:
[u]Position:[/u]
[u]Character Name:[/u]
[u]Age:[/u]
[u]Gender:[/u]
[u]Bio:[/u]
[u]Appearance:[/u] ((Please write your description. If you wish to add a picture in as well by all means do so.))

Last edited by Kana_Takashi on Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:16 pm; edited 5 times in total
Kana_Takashi
Kana_Takashi
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Holy the Sea Empty Re: Holy the Sea

Post by Inerio Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:57 pm

Whoot! It has been made!
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:53 am

I would like to reserve the Jaded Fortuneteller until I get my character sheet up. It sounds like a fun role.
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:36 am

I would like to reserve the spot for the Lamp's protector please? I would set my character sheet at once! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kana_Takashi Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:27 pm

Alrighty, I'll go and reserve those spots for you two.
Kana_Takashi
Kana_Takashi
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:46 am

Position: Jaded Fortuneteller

Character Name: Clarissa Maria Estali

Bio: Clarissa lived in a small village by the ocean with her two parents. They were very poor, but fairly kind people. The village was close knit and it was hard for anyone to hide anything, but Clarissa learned how to at a young age. She had a talent for the dark arts and one day, when she was five, she found a dark arts book in a wandering merchants wares. He wasn't selling, but she was able to nick it from him without him noticing. It turned out that she was easily able to understand the book and was quite adapt at performing the spells and incantations in it. She practiced using her powers whenever she could, but she never used them against anyone.

Alas one day the sultan's adviser found her, when she was about eight. He stumbled upon her as she was practicing one of the more difficult spells and she was successful. He bought off her parents and forced her to come with him. At first she resented him and her parents for what they had done, but she came to accept her fate and turned out to be a loyal and trustworthy servant to the sultan's adviser. Of course she also has her own hidden wants, but she keeps her conniving ways quiet.

After the sea dried she told the new sultan of the genie who had once been caged in the ocean that could by chance help them. She had heard of the tale from her mother when she was young. She urged him to pursue it so that they could rule over even the heavens and bring their people to a salvation. Of course she knows of his evil ways, but she has immersed herself in her power that she cares little for the corruption that he has brought. She simply wants more power, seeking it out where she can and she feels that with him she can obtain that power, especially if they get the genie to kill the gods.

Appearance: Clarissa is a small, pale woman. She is elegant, soft spoken, and slightly eccentric. Her eyes are a vibrant blue, but they often have a dulled look to them. Her hair falls down to the middle of her back, a soft, yet dark brown that floats around her slender face. She stands at a mere 5'4", weighing about 108 lbs. She can move as if she is a dancer, but she is more like a ghost than anything. She has a large, grotesque scar all the way down her back. The new sultan doesn't even know where she obtained it from, she already had it when he met her.

She usually wears two types of clothes, depending on her mood. Sometimes she will wear form fighting, usually black, gowns that dip down her back, showing her scar. That or she will wear loose clothes with a black cloak over it to conceal her entire body. There is a mysterious aura surrounding her that will either draw or repel others. Even with her dull eyes she is still intriguing to most.
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:10 am

Position: The Lamp's Protector
Character Name: Fareed Harun
Bio: Fareed was born to an isolated island surrounded by boundless tropical and marine flora and fauna. It was such a view of serenity and Zen that would soothe a troubled soul. The island was inhabited by only one tribe which was the kinship that he was originated to. Peaceful scenery of unity and familial love surrounded the whole ethnic group. They were not rich or lived in marvelous houses however; they had a life filled with much happiness and satisfaction. There was no greed for more and all was at equilibrium.

Unfortunately, new settlers arrived at their serene haven of nature. They were wary however; there was no reason to doubt the intentions of these foreigners. Proclaiming they had come only for the sake of friendship and trade, the natives believed in those words. Trading had issued and everything had been going smoothly although a tragic event happened at the night of harvest of their fields. Raging heat erupted from one of the huts. The fire consumed all of the possessions of their tribes. In such an event, his family was consumed by the heat of death.

The cause had been revealed as the settler's true intentions were to invade the island due to its bountiful resources. Fareed was filled with hatred and revenge due to the betrayal that had caused his kin’s lives. Never had the experience to do battle with anyone because of their peaceful way of life, he had little chance against the foreigners who had done war countless of times. Even so, he fought with such animosity and vengeance without any second thought of having his life taken. Alas, he does not possess the heart and mind of a killer.

However, a chance was given to him. Escaping the onslaught of a massive massacre that was issued to them, he had come upon a forgotten cavern. A voice had led him to the said place. Upon entering further, he had gazed upon a lady with an aura of overwhelming energy. The empress was before him and the Gods whispered to him a choice. The tragedy that made him the only remaining survivor of his tribe led to his fate as a protector and vessel of sought out power through the ages. No regret came from this decision he had chosen, he would ensure that the 'genie' would be kept safe and would know a rightful master. Since then, he had became a traveler seeking a person capable to wield the power to oppose Gods and until the present day, he had continue to do so.

Appearance:

Holy the Sea Arabia_boy______by_heise

Wavy obsidian locks that shines with its own ethereal glow which is mostly covered by a white keffiyeh. Eyes of emerald hue that mirrors his clear intentions of honor and courage. Fair and silky skin tone that rivals aristocracy with no boundaries. A form sculpted through the hardships that life had brought upon him which is composed of slim and rigid muscles that amounts to a mass of 187 pounds. A figure that stands at the height of 6'5 which looms over relentless enemies with pride and valor that would face him.

Last edited by Ethereal_Dreamz on Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Verhalten Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:12 pm

I have interest in playing the Corrupt Ruler or the Devil's Right Hand. I'd prefer the Right Hand, but would be willing to try either.

May I reserve one? The character sheet could take a little while ...
Verhalten
Verhalten
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kana_Takashi Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:13 pm

Either one is fine for me to reserve for you. If you'd rather play the Right Hand I'll reserve that one for you. ^^

On another note, Inerio and I both play two roles. You're all welcome to take up to two spots if you'd like.
Kana_Takashi
Kana_Takashi
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Verhalten Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:17 pm

Um, yeah. The Right Hand seems to have a little more room for internal conflict and, y'know, redeeming qualities. The Ruler sounds kinda just plain ol' evil.

... not that I have a problem with evil ... In fact!

If I can have both! That would be fantastic. It would be convenient for me to play both, in fact, because they work so closely together.
Verhalten
Verhalten
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kana_Takashi Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:21 pm

That's fine, I'll reserve both possitions for you. Take your time with the profiles as well. As you can see neither I nor Ine have posted up our profiles yet and we started the RP. I don't know why but that last sentence sounds bad to me.

And yes, the sultan really is just plain old evil. Why he is so? Well that would be up to you.
Kana_Takashi
Kana_Takashi
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:23 pm

Psh, Kana, the Sultan is evil cause we said so. Duh :B

All stupid comments aside, dontcha just love Ver already? Hm? Hm?
I'm just posting to get away from drawing Inali again. >>
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kana_Takashi Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:26 pm

......PROCRASTINATION~!!! THAT IS BAD! BAD, BAD, INE!!

On another note, yes, I do like her already. XD

I have to go for the time being and I'll try to get on later.
Kana_Takashi
Kana_Takashi
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Verhalten Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:42 pm

Sooo ... hate to be a (hugetremendousobnoxious) bother, but. Is Barayas one continuous city or is that just the name of the country and there is a capitol city? For profile's sake ...
Verhalten
Verhalten
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:45 pm

Barayas is a relatively small country. So, they don't bother to name anything that isn't the capitol city. Why? Because we're lazy as all hell. In a matter of speaking. Barayas is the capitol and the country.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Verhalten Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:22 pm

All right, let me know what you think and then, if it's all good, I will move on to the sultan, who, in case you couldn't tell, I named Bakri.

Position: Devil's Right Hand

Character Name: Amiri Vahid

Bio: Amiri's earliest childhood memory consists of the dusty pathways of the marketplace in Barayas, scuffling with his peers over scraps of food. Later, those memories become something else, no longer struggling for survival, but for territory and dominance. He grew up fast, by all accounts a man by the age of fourteen. He was at home in the streets and, though a time came when he could have pulled himself out of poverty with a little hard work, he chose to remain there until his fateful encounter with Bakri.

When Bakri appeared in the marketplace, he was surrounded by his entourage and Amiri, then a young lad of sixteen years, was bored with easy marks and the standard confidence tricks. With quick and agile footwork, he snuck past the guard and had his hand on Bakri's coin purse before he was ever noticed, but before his fingers could close fully around the loot, he found his wrist in a punishing grip and he was dragged off his feet and into the air by none other than Bakri himself.

With dark eyes, Bakri took his measure of the young Amiri. The guard bustled around them, blades drawn and ready to exact their punishment on the boy. Under the best of circumstances, Amiri might lose a hand, but as Bakri was royalty and a well known figure, it was far more likely that it would be his head they took in payment.

No one was more surprised with Bakri stayed his guards with a raised hand and spoke words to the boy, low and cryptic, "You will do."

From that day, Amiri was Bakri's and he wouldn't see the well worn streets and alleys of his home again until the day Bakri took control of Barayas. He'd become a man in that time, and a soldier. Gone were the dirt-caked rags of his boyhood, replaced by fine, darkly colored linen. He wore a belt of leather, off of which hung two curving blades. By that time, they had already spilled their weight in blood and more, and Amiri had done it all gladly, for Bakri was more than a royal advisor to Amiri. More, even, than ruler of the realm. Bakri was the father he had never known, and Amiri would lay down his very life to see his lord's lofty ambitions brought to fruition.

Appearance: Amiri is not an intimidating figure, especially when stood against the army at Bakri's disposal. He is just shy of six feet and almost slender. He does not take his fighting prowess from size or strength, but from agility and finesse. To suit his fighting style, his boots are made of leather more supple than your standard variety and his clothes are softer and hang a bit looser, to allow for the complex maneuvers he employs during battle. Amiri's hair has a natural curl, but he keeps it cropped so it doesn't distract him in combat. His hair is black and his eyes nearly as dark, and his skin is golden brown from the hours he spends running drills in the afternoon sun. Amiri understands that he is good looking--full lips and a straight jaw, wide and clear eyes and winsome smile--but he has never bedded a woman. To do so would take away his edge and distract him from his training.
Verhalten
Verhalten
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Verhalten Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:27 pm

DOUBLE POST!

I like you guys, too.
Verhalten
Verhalten
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:06 pm

Ta da! I finally got around to making these damn characters!
You know, considering that glasses don't exist in this time frame Isas' eyesight has probably gone to shit.

Position: The Abandoned Prince
Character Name: Isas Faie
Bio: Isas has always been a bit of a dreamer. Ever since early childhood Isas could be found devoting his attention to scrolls in the library. While he was extremely bright, as any fool could see, he never seemed to show such knowledge. That is to say that Isas has always played dumb. This probably has worked in his favor, considering the new ruler would have surely killed him had he realized how much Isas knew before he the man killed off his father.

Upon his the death of the family Isas quickly put to use the knowledge of his castle's secret passageways. It was at that day that the Prince reportedly vanished without a trace. Which was true, but being missing was always better than being dead. After escaping to the castle, had originally planned to run off to a neighboring country. But, much to his dismay the God's dried up Holy the Sea and he was indefinably trapped in Barayas. Isas spent the next few months of his life running about market alleyways and avoiding the authorities.

It wasn't until the arrival of The Prince of Thieves that Isas found sanctuary. Upon hearing about the man, Isas realized he'd finally found the one man who could keep him out of the Sultan's reach. At first upon meeting the man and his gang of thieves and murderers Isas was almost killed, had he not revealed his identity as the true heir. The Prince of Thieves wasn't about to murder someone who could steal the throne right under the tyrant's pompous ass. Isas struck a deal with the Prince, if he could lead him to the Lamp's Cave he would keep Isas safe from the Sultan.
Appearance: Isas
Isas stands at an average five foot nine and is a bit on the scrawny side. Due to blonde hair being a sign of royalty Isas hides his hair under a Tagelmust, as well as his face with is beginning to show signs of both his mother and father.

Position: The Cursed Empress
Character Name: Inali
Bio: Inali is known throughout the world as the empress who wanted the world. And, this is quite true. Inali was the epitome of vanity and greed at one point in her life. She wanted status, beauty, and power. Well, she did get what she wanted in a manner of speaking. Now, Inali has the power of a god, eternal youth, and is sought after by people around the globe. Still, it all comes with a catch. Inali cannot use the power for herself. She unable to refuse the will of her master, whoever has taken her into their possession. That means even the must mundane and minuet task is expected of her should the words "I wish" escape her master's mouth. Needless to say, this isn't exactly something that the genie is all too thrilled about.
Appearance: Inali
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kana_Takashi Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:15 am

You all are accepted and I'd like to announce my own finally finished characters. I might have went a bit crazy though. >>

Position: The Prince of Thieves
Character Name: Leonidas Salib
Bio: The blood of thieves had ran through Leo's veins for generations. His father had carved a nice name for himself in the world of theft, but nothing big enough to earn him the title of Prince of Thieves. That title had been Leo's dream since childhood and like his father before him he became a very skilled thief.

By the age of nineteen Leo had been rolling in riches. He even headed his own band of men, many of which were fighting for the chance to kill him and take his spot. That set aside the young man still hadn't earned his yearned for title. But he did manage to find something he possible could have wanted more. A young dancer from the capital city. Now in his youth Leo had definitely been quite the charmer but getting her into bed with him had been no easy feat. She had been the first woman to actually make him whoo her. Alas being a well known thieve caused the authorities to constantly go after him, so at some point in the middle of the night he left her.

It was five years later when he rightfully obtained his title. Stealing from royalty was an extremely hard task. Even the good natured sultan at the time had his palace surrounded in tight security, but this was the chance Leo had been waiting for. He and six of his men managed to infiltrate the palace walls and steal some of the most valuable treasures in Barayas. Even the kind-hearted sultan had been furious. The title Leo had always wanted though was finally his.

For two more years he stole and pillaged all those who passed through the deserts of Barayas. It was when he was in the capital on business that he decided to visit his lover. It was quite a sight to see his confused face when he found out he had a child and that the woman who had given birth to her was ill. He enjoyed the next years to come. Stealing from the new sultan had made his title known to all, not just the thieving circle and raising his child was always an adventure, especially after her mother died. None the less Leo had been fairly proud of how she turned out and even Moreen contributed to his plans of theft. Maybe being a thief really did run in his family's blood.

Appearance: Leo is a relatively tall man at his height of six foot three and his body is hard and strong from his escapades. His crimson hair is to his shoulders, pin straight. A lightly tanned face holds handsome features, so much so that his daughter's mother had commented that he might have been too handsome if not for the lone scar that travelled through one eyebrow, over an eye, and down to his chin or the light stubble that was present. Pale green eyes look out of that face and they always appear to be studying the person or thing they are looking at.

As far as attire, Leo wears a a thin black shirt, the collar open into a sort of V-shaped opening where a white undershirt can be seen. A matching pair of thin black pants covers his lower body and his choice in footwear is sturdy black boots. Leo wears a white cloak to hide himself, but no matter whether the cloak is on or not, a sword is always present on his left hip.

Position: The Double Agent
Character Name: Moreen Salib
Bio: Up until the age of seven Moreen had lived with her mother and a couple other women in her mother's line of work. Before having a child the young woman had been a favorite dancer to the courts at the sultan's palace, after though she settled on just teaching instead. Moreen had always looked up to her mother and from the time she could walk she had followed in her mother's graceful footsteps. Unfortunately her mother became ill at some point and Moreen's long-missing father decided to make an appearance then.

At first she had been skeptical, Moreen had never met him after all and the other women in the household seemed to glare at him at any chance they could get, but every time he appeared it brought a smile to her mother's face. For that alone she could tolerate him. Alas it seemed that Leo was trying to get in his young daughter's good graces as well, lavishing both mother and child with gifts.

Her father spoiling her probably wasn't the best idea though. Day by day Moreen became more and more of a wild child, but no matter how bad she became the teen had been with her mother till the woman's last moments. At fourteen her mother died and she was finally given into the care of her dear father.

Spending the next two years with his merry band of thieves, murderers, and rapists was fairly amusing. She managed to figure out just how well she could use her looks and attitude to get what she wanted from them. It was good training because her father required someone on the inside of the sultans palace. Moreen has spent the last year as one of the sultan's dancers, just as her mother had been for the previous sultan. It's a mystery to all as to how the Prince of Thieves manages to get into the highly guarded palace. The truth would be that his young daughter gives him and his men entry.

Appearance: Standing at five foot five Moreen's body is toned yet somewhat delicate looking. Her hair falls just below her shoulders in deep red waves and her dark blue eyes always seem to shine mischievously from a lightly tanned face. Dark eyeliner and eyeshadow make her eyes stand out more and her lips are more than likely covered in red lipstick that could rival her hair. Thanks to the genes mostly contributed by her father Moreen had quite an exotic look about her.

Like many of the entertainers in the palace Moreen is dressed to the sultan's tastes. When outside of the palace and into the world of her father, Moreen wears a sleeveless blue midriff, a white pair of pants, and flats that match the color of her shirt.
Kana_Takashi
Kana_Takashi
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kana_Takashi Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:29 pm

Is anyone still interested in this RP? o.o
Kana_Takashi
Kana_Takashi
Mist