FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I might as well introduce myself.

5 posters

Go down

I might as well introduce myself. Empty I might as well introduce myself.

Post by Paige Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:15 pm

My name is Paige. I don't have any cool online nicknames stashed away and I'm not about to make one up on the spot. I like my name, and it will suffice.

I am seventeen years old and will be a high school senior next fall. I'm currently in the process of applying to college, so if I disappear for awhile.. that's probably why. I'm an AP student and have set high standards for myself, so once the school year starts I won't be online consistently. I also work two jobs, one as a camp counselor (seasonal) and the other running stage productions at my high school (mopping floors, setting up tech equipment, etc.). With my busy schedule, I have found role playing to be a great way to relax and forget the stresses of the real world before going to bed and doing it all over again.

As far as role playing goes, I started as an illiterate twelve year old developing personalities for my "pets" on a virtual pet site I spent a disgusting amount of time on. From there, I have evolved into a fairly literate player who is willing to try anything.. except the weird crooked lines (//) (I entered into one unknowingly years ago.. and I won't go into detail. o_o; ).

I can't think of anything else to say. Hopefully I'll stay here long enough for my true personality to shine through the text. =)
Paige
Paige
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

I might as well introduce myself. Empty Re: I might as well introduce myself.

Post by Lara Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:26 pm

Welcome to FOG, Paige. Smile

I think it's awesome that you're involved in your school productions. I was involved while I was in high school, from stage manager to construction to anything else backstage that needed to be done, and I always enjoy meeting other people who've done the same.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:22 pm

Welcome to FoG, Paige Very Happy *hands you a cookie*

illiterate beginnings are a good place to start Very Happy

And as a note to both of you backstage people: You are the ones who make the productions happen! You are the mighty people of awesomeness!! You're fun and awesome and who, I can't even begin to tell you how much I like you people :p Very Happy

*gives you both extra cookies*

Anyway, Paige, welcome and hopefully the literacy of FoG will be a match for you and help relieve the stress of senior year and college Smile while continuing to feed your creative spirit Very Happy

see you on the boards
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:40 pm

Hi, Paige. I also am fond of your real name. It does really fit the theme of writing and role-playing too, doesn't it? Smile

It sounds like you lead a busy yet fulfilling life. You're certainly involved in more than what I was at your age (though, come to think of it, most anyone involved in anything in high school was involved in more than I was xD). Role-playing is definitely a wonderful getaway from reality, and a very constructive one at that.

Your beginnings sound extremely similar to my own. :] It's wonderful to be able to look back on your former self though and be proud of where you are and where you're going.

Have a wonderful time here!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:07 am

You and I are both satisfied with our names. I use my real first and middle names for my user names for almost everything.

You and I also started at similar ages. I was eleven when I began role playing, and while I played on NeoPets, I actually started with the Kid's channel of mIRC.

In high school, I was involved with two productions ((one as prop/grip crew and the other as an actress)), and I was also involved with IHSSA Large Group Speech Team which is a competition with several kinds of groups in which one acts out scenes and such. It's a lot of fun. I love acting, and I love helping with plays. I think I'll perform or work crew when I hit college, too.

Welcome to FoG. I hope you enjoy yourself.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paige Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:46 pm

I am thoroughly impressed by the warmth of this community. I've been looking around for a literate role play community that doesn't take itself too seriously, hopefully I've found it in FOG. Smile

Talking about theatre and productions has always been a great ice breaker for me. Anyone who has been a part of any production understands the hard work, dedication, the craziness that ensues. I've been in more rooms in my high school than most of my teachers have.. and stay there far longer. So far my record is 15 continuous hours at the high school (counting class that day). I could go on and on.. but that'd be rambling, wouldn't it? xD

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Very Happy
Paige
Paige
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:51 pm

Wow, fifteen? Hmm... -tries to think of how long she's been there straight- I think my record might be around... thirteen, counting class. Yay for Hell week!

You should totally ramble about productions. Smile I don't get enough of it these days, since I'm (sadly) not involved with it in college...

What plays have you been involved with? For me, my favorites from my high school were Les Miserables in my sophomore year and Peter Pan as a senior. Les Mis holds the dearest place in my heart when it comes to stage crew memories, though. Yay for four crew members left to build all the sets!
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:57 pm

Lara, I feel the same way. I also did "Les Misérables" my sophomore year, and... we only had four or five crew members to make the props, but volunteers helped build the bigger portions of the set. We were told we did it better than Broadway. ^^_^^ My junior year I acted in "Spoon River Anthology." It wasn't nearly as much fun.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:57 pm

Hey Paige! Welcome to FOG. We definitely hope you are able to relax and enjoy the atmosphere here Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:08 pm

Kathryn, it feels so good to know that I'm not the only one who was on a small crew for Les Mis.

We had a few dads of cast members come in on the weekend to help us out with the bigger parts (like the barricade... god, that thing was big), and we rented, like, two things, but for the most part it was the four main crew members and the guy who was in charge.

We made all the bricks and rocks on doors out of styrofoam. And all of it was my job. I vowed never to touch the stuff again. >.<

My junior year was Godspell. We barely got to build anything. ): But, we did get to set up all the props that we did find, and we got to spend forever helping to get a real car onto the stage (just to have to immediately get it back off because people in charge of the school got mad...). But I didn't enjoy this play that much, anyway, when it came to crew.

And cleaning the prop room every year... Cleaning it sophomore year for the first time was what caused our numbers to dwindle in the first place, but then we had to do it every year 'cause it kept getting so messy. It was insane, but... I miss it.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:14 pm

We had four prop/grip members, but one dropped out after helping build some stuff. Then it was just me, Laurie, and our leader James. We had to paint the entire barricade, but some of the cast members helped us with it. It was my best memory of a play. It was also my first experience.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:50 pm

Paint the barricade? What'd you guys make it out of? Ours was a bunch of old furniture that we found and screwed together.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:55 pm

Ours was made of wood and Styrofoam.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:04 pm

That sounds like fun. Very Happy
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paige Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:56 pm

I started productions my junior year (last year) and have been a part of The Love of Three Oranges, Once Upon a Mattress, and Much Ado About Nothing. My record breaking time was the last night of Much Ado where we stayed after the play and struck the whole set (I was the last one there and stayed until 2 am). I specialize in lighting and was master electrician for Mattress and Much Ado. Hopefully, I will be able to do lighting design/electrician for Grease the musical planned for next year. Very Happy
Paige
Paige
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:05 pm

That's awesome! I never had a chance to get involved with lighting because we had the same guys come back year after year, and they didn't need any help. I don't know if I'd have the patience for it, anyway; my fascination was always with moving / building the sets.

I hope you get to work with the lighting in Grease, though. Smile We did that musical in my freshman year, but I refused to get involved since they only needed help with costumes, and I had already done that for the drama earlier that year. I had no desire to do it again. >.> But good luck with that!
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:31 pm

You and Jonas Gutierrez like your names so much that you don't need no steenkin' nicknames. (When he got his jersey at Newcastle United (Soccer) he told the commentators, "I like my name" as to why he was listed first name only in the lineup.)

Wilkomen, bienvenue, vellll-come. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down