FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mind Games (Interest Check and Future OOC)

Go down

Mind Games (Interest Check and Future OOC) Empty Mind Games (Interest Check and Future OOC)

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:50 pm

Ask yourself...

What if you knew every little secret around you?

What if you could communicate without lips or body?

What if you knew that the woman sitting next to you, reading that Time magazine, is actually a man?

What if you aware that there were exactly 23 adult males, 14 adult women, 9 boys, and 12 girls in the area of the mall that you're in now?

What if you could feel the presence of a hand on your shoulder, even though it was nearly 2 minutes from actually touching you?

What if you could count how many breaths that speaker was going to take during his speech, even before he stepped up to the podium?

Silver Lights; that's what they call them.

Human beings, in their current state, are only able to access and control 10% of their brain functions. They are leaving 90% untapped and uncontrolled. Some, however, are able to break past this percentage barrier and unlock special abilities hidden within the precious organ. Everyday psychics and mediums are able to tap into, at the most, 15%. But Silver Lights....those with a unique gift....can tap into , at the most, 50% at any given time. They look and act like typical human beings; but they are fully aware of their abilities. Silver Lights become Aware around ten years of age.

Awareness brings with it several abilities. Among them are the abilities to have the vision of an eagle, telepathy, telekinesis, and pattern-based senses (a sixth sense allowing them to see briefly into the future based on the status quo).

Many more abilities await to be unlocked; but those that have tried have ended up dead...exhaustion or psychological instability overpower them. They either commit suicide, die in a terrible accident, or just overload their minds so much that their brain no longer continues to function and completely, and permanently, shuts down.

Because Silver Lights are so sensitive and aware to the truths of the world - able to detect any lie - they are hunted. Powerful humans known as Protectors have sworn an oath to execute every last Silver Light as a means to "protect" the world from the horrors they should not have to witness. Though the Silver Lights only wish to live in peace, swearing time and again that it is not their intention to exploit their knowledge, they have no choice but to run and hide from the Protectors - constantly fearing for their lives.

Setting

Rome (Part 1) and New York City (Part 2); December, 2009

Profiles

Name:

If Silver Light- Most Used Ability: (all Silver Lights can tap into the same abilities, but some are more prominent in one ability than other Silver Lights)
If Protector- Weapon of Choice: (Protectors are normal humans, but they are very influential and have access to valuable resources such as weapons, armor, and state-of-the-art technology)

Biography:
Appearance: (picture and/or text)

Back to top Go down

Mind Games (Interest Check and Future OOC) Empty Re: Mind Games (Interest Check and Future OOC)

Post by Paige Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:04 pm

Hi there. Wave I'm super interested in this role play/plot. I have always been a fan of gifted role plays, so this is right up my ally. I'd be fine with either a protector or silver light role, I like to play whatever is needed. All I require is patience, as my replies will probably take time as I do not have any pre-made characters that I can use for this role play. ^^;
Paige
Paige
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down