FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Male vampire character seeking mostly humans.

Go down

Male vampire character seeking mostly humans. Empty Male vampire character seeking mostly humans.

Post by Somniloquist Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:55 am

Alrighty, I started a group RP too but I'm used to one on one RPs. Basically, give Max a look over, see if he interests you at all: http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4638-a-fool-in-the-night (This is sort of a rehash of my other thread because I'd started it in the wrong forum, but I wound up changing my tack so it became the right forum, so bear with me here.)

Beyond that, I have a couple goals, ideas, what have you.

First off, note that I'd probably class this under casual RP. My posts are pretty long and involved but the idea of counting it all up is kind of weird. I'd rather not worry about it. It seems like a lot of the advanced RPs have a larger scope than I'm accustomed to writing about, from what I've seen, so uh. . .yeah. Casual it is.

I'd like to RP with a hunter. Specifically, in the Supernatural sense. So, unpaid, working on their own, for their own reasons. Not "someone told me to do this job so here I am". It's not a rewarding job because it's not actually a job in the monetary sense. So it's only rewarding if you want to be killing things that you see as dangers to humanity. Whether it's because they like the excuse to slaughter shit or because they see it as saving people from things they'd otherwise be unprepared to deal with, well, that's part of the characterization!

Mostly, I want one to get the upper hand on him. Stick him with some dead blood, shackle him up with silver, do as they will short of killing him. We'll have to figure out a logical reason for them not to kill him outright, besides Protagonist Syndrome. Now, he's romantically involved with Dean (who's a Big Deal hunter if you haven't watched the series. . .and obviously into dudes for the purposes of this RP), so that's plenty reason for a hunter to go after Max, thinking he's corrupted a good man, blah blah. Maybe keep him alive figuring they'll be able to "wait out his spell" and bring Dean in to kill him together. That angle doesn't allow for too much longevity for your character, though, so. . .maybe decide whether you'd be interested in that. Or perhaps you'd want to play more than one character, just in the interest of the RP not having an expiration date? Not necessarily at the same time. More like a long-suffering partner. "I knew they'd do something crazy like this one day!" sort of thing.

OK, that's getting too detailed to appeal to anyone anymore, probably. =( I've overthought it. I'd also welcome a hunter in a more friendly context. Max is charming enough to have won over Dean, obviously, which means he's pretty goddamned charming. They could encounter each other on a job and then things happen! We like when things happen, right!?

All right. Let's move away from my yearning for hunters for a sec. Max is a somewhat rare vampire (not snowflake status, but less common than the standard sort) who can use magic. He works for Carmelia, his area's sheriff (lady who runs this shit), not very happily. Fledgling vampires are nasty things, ever in need of direction. Being of that magic-using breed complicates matters still more. In this town, vampires apparently have a case of the stupids, so a dead magic user isn't exactly unheard of. Make an animate tree, you just might get staked when it starts moving. Good going, champ. Maybe they made a new vampire shortly before floating away in the wind, as dead vamps are wont to do. Who gets this orphan vampire? Why, Maxwell! Except he's not babysitting. Carmelia has graciously gifted him with an apprentice, out of the goodness of her giant heart. That's not babysitting! He has someone to hold his coat now. (No seriously, he'll teach them to control their powers and not murder the shit out of people in their lust for MORE POWER.)

I want Max to get his teaching job back somehow. How? Who knows. Maybe he schmoozes up to one of the donors who called for him to be booted. I'd understand if people weren't exactly lining up to play an old racist or something though (not necessarily a racist but y'know, they're not exactly young and happenin'). Maybe a relative. Or maybe I just give up on actually RPing the process by which he regains his job and just give it back. It's been a good few months by now and I've insinuated that he's been blogging up a storm of self-righteous indignation ever since he lost the job. Maybe the internet works for him!

Casual "they meet in x setting/situation" scenes are also welcome. So are ideas. So's brainstorming. Basically, my desire to RP has returned like a switch being flicked on, so I'm asking everywhere I can.
Somniloquist
Somniloquist
Mist
Mist

http://blog.muserae.com

Back to top Go down

Male vampire character seeking mostly humans. Empty Re: Male vampire character seeking mostly humans.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:34 pm

I really want to try this. Thing is, I am not one for mutual planning; I like to surprise and be surprised by my partner as it keeps things alive and interesting. If that's cool with you, then let's do this? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Male vampire character seeking mostly humans. Empty Re: Male vampire character seeking mostly humans.

Post by Somniloquist Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:31 pm

I don't mean to plan out a whole plot. Mostly I want to know what sort of character you'd plan on playing and the circumstances under which they would meet each other. There are certain personality types that just don't have anywhere to go with Max, which is why discussing that much is important.
Somniloquist
Somniloquist
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:34 pm

Okay, I'll need to think up some characters and I'll get back to you tomorrow or Saturday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Somniloquist Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:35 pm

Alrighty. I put this topic on follow so I'll be waiting.
Somniloquist
Somniloquist
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:46 pm

Alright, so I came up with a couple of options for you to choose from since 1. you said ole Max needs a particular character to work well with him and 2. I couldn't decide what exactly I wanted. So, I'm giving you the character ideas that appeal the most to me and you let me know what will work well with your own character. These are bare-bones characterizations letting you know information that will be immediately made clear in my opening posts(posts 1-3 that I write in response to yours) but keeping backstories and stuff mostly to myself to be revealed later IC(because that is how I prefer to play and write). Basically, just giving you enough so you can figure out if these characters will work well with each other.

Character Team A:

Howie Buchanan
Tall, slender, well-toned with short hair and a trimmed beard.
Very laid back, casual and friendly, yet a bit of a jokester, always making snarky comments or playing it straight with dry sarcasm. Despite the horrors he deals with every day, the humor helps him deflect from any emotional turmoil he may feel in regards to the work he does and the life he left behind. That being said, he has a lot of difficulty dealing with the grey morality that a hunter's life sometimes involves. Demons are the exception. He hates them and there is no reason any demon should ever be left alive ever - meaning, every time he finds one, an attempt is made to exorcise it or the vessel is just killed. He will not tolerate or ever talk with or associate with demons. Personal reasons.
Male vampire character seeking mostly humans. The_nines_movie_image_ryan_reynolds

Nancy Buchanan, nicknamed "Nine"
Short, slight, with shoulder-length wavy hair.
A bit of a tomboy, she's a very passionate and smart girl. Although adventure and being with her big bro is a big motivation to being a hunter, she also feels a lot of empathy for humanity as a whole, particularly a protectiveness in cases involving children and young women, to the point of being blinded by it at times. A 1 out of 1,000 chance of saving lives is all she needs to go charging into the fire. Stubborn and a bit hot-headed, she's a bag of emotions but keeps it hidden with a more cheerful disposition, like her brother.

Male vampire character seeking mostly humans. 33847434669783167_fkxv4z5i_b

Version 1:(I apologize, I had different versions I wanted to play but wasn't sure what you'd allow, so, I'll present you with both)
In this version, Nine is actually dead; a ghost attached to a friendship bracelet she made for her brother before death that he keeps with him. Occasionally she appears to offer him insight on cases or just to pick on him and keep him motivated. She's not the vengeance-seeking type of spirit and her death will be fairly recent from whenever we start the rp, so she'll be in charge of her facilities and lucid but not in control of any ghostly powers yet.
Again, wasn't sure if a guy haunted by his dead kid sister was something you'd allow but I put it in there as an option.

Version 2: Nine is alive and the brother and sister team just travel and hunt together, killing things and rescuing people because they can't just turn away from it and let shit happen, you know? Maybe they encounter Max because they're looking for something that he might have information about? Even if he doesn't, it seems the kind of "Well, he could be lying, so let's torture him, just to make sure" type of situation.

Character Team B:

Tom Chilton, nicknamed "Chilly"
Short, wiry, dark eyes and eyebrows, with a scruffy mohawk.
Male vampire character seeking mostly humans. 2cr9fud
(I was originally going to use an image of Robert Downey Jr. for this guy but wasn't sure if that'd totally weird you out or not, lol)

Version 1:
A very intense and aggressive person. He likes to hunt for the pure joy of violence and killing bad things. A fighter and a risk-taker, he will shoot first and ask questions later(if he even gets to that part). A bit like a "wild dog on a leash" the only person he'll listen to is Rand and even then, he doesn't go with any alternative plan quietly. He's also a bit of a paranoid personality and will jump to rash conclusions to fit outrageous theories and often act on those theories without any actually evidence being acquired.

Version 2:
A fighter and a lover, raunchy and wild with a morbid sense of humor. A bit of dork in his down-moments, a bit clueless and not very booksmart and lovably defensive about it. Overall, he's playful in his approach and more sexualized than the "paranoid" version above but still really aggressive. He is also searching for something and he is much more willing to "play with his prey". Both versions include Rand as a foil/tamer.

Rand Stephenson
Average height, slender frame, short spiked hair, glasses, and sensible style.
The "reasonable one" in their "Good cop, psycho cop" team. He's the researcher, the one buried in lore and books up to his chin most of the time. He's got a lot of knowledge and although he's the more "submissive" personality type of the pair, Chilly will listen to him because of how many times the stuff Rand says has saved his ass in the past. Both versions of Chilly will most likely make a smartass comment or argue with him about it first, though. He's a know-it-all and a bit snooty, elitist and prudish but long-suffering and sympathetic.
Male vampire character seeking mostly humans. Rand1_zpsbfbe4355

Back to top Go down

Post by Somniloquist Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:54 pm

OK, I just want to post something. . .aside from this, I'd really like to do an RP where Maxwell becomes a drama student's acting partner. Either this student boards with him, or a friend-of-a-friend points out that Max would be great at it, and they get in contact. I think it'd be really fun and cute. Mostly looking for a female character for this role since I've been playing with so many dudes, but I may be convinced otherwise.
Somniloquist
Somniloquist
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Somniloquist Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:07 am

OK, apparently my group RP didn't meet the community standards or everyone decided it sucked or something, who knows. Well, I tried.

As for the reason for my bumping this, well, I'm still looking for RP where something nice happens. I'm so tired of everything being all angst, all the time. So. . .

Maybe Maxwell returns your character's lost pet! Bet they didn't expect a vampire to be ringing their doorbell with their buddy. I think it'd be especially amusing if their beloved pet was, like, a giant boa constrictor, and Max strolled up with it wrapped around him. I like that mental image. A cat or a dog would suit me just fine, though.

Maybe Max is throwing an awesome house party, and your character comes as a friend of a friend! He'll want to make 'em feel welcome, and convince 'em to try his culinary experiments. (That idea would probably be more fun in a group RP, but I'm not gonna make yet another separate request thread.)

Maybe he plays savior for. . .something! Something other than impending rape! He's good at playing savior.

Maybe just a cutesy grocery store scene where he relates his crisis with regard to BEANS and how to choose the best variety and preparation of BEANS and holy shit how do I know if they like BEANS, stranger in the grocery store!?

Maybe he wants to buy a cute dress for the girlfriend he almost killed. The least he could do is send her a present, right? Obviously he'd evade the specifics of why he owes her a present, or else it'd be kind of contrary to my "RPs where something nice happens" desires.

Umm. Ideas welcome. I guess I'd still be game for some of the ones I mentioned previously, but as it stands now, I'm most interested in securing some levity.
Somniloquist
Somniloquist
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down