FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

True Blood/Supernatural Crossover RP

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

True Blood/Supernatural Crossover RP - Page 2 Empty Re: True Blood/Supernatural Crossover RP

Post by Somniloquist Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:38 pm

Basically, I caught on the idea of a vampire being fucked up on demon blood killing things, and pulled it away from the idea of the scene occurring at Maxwell's house, and with supernaturals, because basically, I'm looking to improve his image in his community, not ruin it more than I already have!

So the main idea is basically that a demon is frequenting a vampire bar in the next town (as Crystal Springs is generally too small/cozy to have one) and deliberately allowing vampires to feed off of them, because demons love causing chaos. Most vampires have never experienced demon blood before, so it will lead to them committing horrific murders, tearing people apart with their bare hands and shit. This demon would have a more symbiotic relationship with its human host than is particularly usual, leading to difficulties in the investigation, in the sense that glamouring them wouldn't be possible (though they'd probably pretend otherwise).Suspecting something weird going on, Carmelia (as the bar itself would remain within her jurisdiction) would tell Maxwell to sniff around. She wouldn't know if she'd spoken to the right person or not, so no one would be led right to them or anything. Anyway, Max's breed of vampire can sense more things than the standard breed can, and they so rarely answer to anyone that he's all she's got.

I figure, to bring more characters into it, some of the murders could bleed over into another sheriff's jurisdiction, so they'd get involved.

SolidariGee's character would be someone whose mother had been turned into a vampire when they were young, and this mother of theirs ends up being one of the vampires affected by the demon blood. They'd become convinced Max and Dean (who I've also dragged into this RP because, well, demons? no way Max wouldn't expect his help) were holding her hostage or something, and do all sorts of nasty shit trying to kill or otherwise get at them.

I guess that works for a summary. . .
Somniloquist
Somniloquist
Mist
Mist

http://blog.muserae.com

Back to top Go down

True Blood/Supernatural Crossover RP - Page 2 Empty Re: True Blood/Supernatural Crossover RP

Post by Syrena Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:02 am

It definitely works as a summary! Thank you for taking the time to create the reader's digest of all the posts. I appreciate it. ^.^ So far everything sounds just peachy to me. I really like the idea of having the murders bleed over into multiple jurisdictions!

Just to make sure I have everything straight, (forgive me, I'm extra sleepy tonight so I'm spelling everything out again for my own benefit)--Max and Dean (you said he was lurking around on the site somewhere, right?) are involved because some of the murders are happening in Carmelia's jurisdiction.

SolidariGee, your character is involved because your character's mother was a victim. She drank demon blood and more or less went insane. However, your character thinks Max and Dean are holding her hostage. Yes?

And I could potentially bring my character in--another vampire--from outside Carmelia's jurisdiction because the murders are bleeding throughout multiple territories.

I was kind of hoping for a character that was part of The Authority without being a member of the Authority. Perhaps, a bit like an assassin/executioner. Someone sent out to put an end to the murders or what have you. According to a wikia article I was reading on True Blood, there have been characters kind of like what I'm describing. Hayes for example, I think.

Oh, and, Digital Muse, are you still playing an angel?

Okay. Right. I know I'm rambling a bit. (A lot.) Just trying to get back in the swing of things. But, I'll stop. For now.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Somniloquist Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:09 am

I'm gonna go ahead and advise against an angel, myself, unless you can think of a good divine directive for them. They really don't just visit Earth for funsies, and if it's a decision that they make, rather than one that is made for them, then it's a decision they have to make at great personal cost. Angels are soldiers of God and the vast majority of them behave accordingly. If they're not, there's some rather complicated story behind it and, hell, I don't know. It just feels like a character type that's extremely easy to misuse or otherwise abuse.
Somniloquist
Somniloquist
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:18 am

I'm still clear for my vampire character, though? I just want an okay or something before working out too many kinks and whatnot. I'd hate to put in a lot of work, and then not have everything be alright.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Somniloquist Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:22 am

I guess someone like that might be sent in if it went far enough for the killings to be in the local news, yeah. They'd want to make it quiet pretty quickly.
Somniloquist
Somniloquist
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:27 am

Most killings make local news. More than one killing tends to attract a lot of coverage; especially if there is chatter about the killings being serial. Personally, I don't think it would be hard to tack a "serial" label on the killings since they are happening in bars even if the proof/evidence is thin. Just my thoughts on the matter.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Somniloquist Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:01 am

Oh, the killings themselves wouldn't happen in bars. I forgot to put that detail in the summary (and I think I might've just discussed it with Dean, actually). The demon would want to take the vampires away from the bar, so they'd be able to come back to the bar and do the same thing with another vampire. So, one slaughter would take place at a gas station, the other a supermarket, maybe a more mundane bar or club, etc.. Of course, that'd still make news, and cause all manner of "MURDEROUS VAMPIRE SPREE" panic in the area, which would be, er, bad news. Probably still bad news for Max, really, but less so than if he could actually be connected to it in a bad way.
Somniloquist
Somniloquist
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:41 pm

xD. The reader's digest version just doesn't have all the details. No matter how much I wish the digest version covered everything... Shame.

A murderous vampire spree is probably bad news for anyone trying to mainstream. Horrible news, really. After all, bad press doesn't do for anyone's reputation.

Bah. I don't have anything else insightful to add or even ask about. So, I guess I should inquire about an OOC thread and actual role play thread.

And if Digital Muse is still around! ^.^
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Somniloquist Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:31 pm

Yeah, I'm just waiting for them and trying to figure out what the actual starting post/scene would be like. I haven't done an RP this involved before, so I'm really having to brood over it, haha.
Somniloquist
Somniloquist
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by SolidariGee Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:35 pm

Syrena, yes! Exactly.

The character's family is a long line of folk priests and priestesses, and they have the unfortunate weakness of needing training to master their abilities. The character was separated from her mother too early to complete her training and has suffered the consequences. She can no longer straddle both worlds, but instead blends them together. She can't tell what is real and not real.

Her powers are potent and subtle, and because her training did not give her the ability to differentiate worlds, she has no technical limit on her power (as others in her family would) but the greater power she wields the more she falls into instability and self-destruction.

She is as much a victim as she is a villain.

SolidariGee
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by DeanEffingWinchester Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:53 pm

Hey, guys! I don't really have a lot to add, seems like everything is coming together pretty well, but I thought I'd pop in and say hi and that I'm excited about playing with you all once we get going.
DeanEffingWinchester
DeanEffingWinchester
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Somniloquist Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:57 pm

I figure we can give Digital Muse another day or so, and then maybe start if they don't post. . .the way this RP is, it wouldn't be difficult for another character to come in later. In fact, I'm still not sure how it should be started out and include more than Max and Dean (and me NPCing Carmelia). Maybe they all go to the bar, which has been closed down because Carmelia at least got far enough to recognize it as the center of the mess. I figure, Carmelia will already be there, Max and Dean will arrive together. Then this unnamed assassin can either already be there, or can arrive in the next post.

This hasn't been brought up but it's probably worth noting that Dean, being sourced from a TV show where he's the protagonist and all, is sort of a big deal among hunters. So, I would think a big-deal person in the Authority would know about him. He's probably killed a fair number of vampires. He doesn't look for vampires specifically, but he's been at it for a while, so it's probably enough that the Authority wouldn't be too happy. So he sounds like the kind of person an assassin from the Authority would have after them, haha. He's probably on some kind of list. Not necessarily "priority number one" or something, but Dean kind of collects shit-lists. So, you know, when Max strolls up with a hunter at his side, that's probably going to be, ah, controversial for her. Which is cool, the ol' "predators sizing each other up" thing is always fun (Max is too classy to flash his fangs around, though). I don't know how old you want to make her, or not. I don't really have any rules about that myself, I don't care how old or even how powerful you make her, so long as it's executed with some degree of class and good sense. I like to trust players within the bounds the universe has already drawn up. I mean, I could play Max really overpowered, the capacity's there, but I don't, because I'm mature and realize limitations actually make things more fun. =P
Somniloquist
Somniloquist
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:08 am

I apologize, but real life has reared its ugly head and swallowed me whole. I regretfully have got to let you guys play on without me. *sigh
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:12 am

Sorry for the delay. I haven't been home. I went to go see a friend, and have been letting my computer collect dust. However, I'll be back home on Thursday. I do occasionally check up on everything via phone, though!

Anyway, duly noted about Dean's status in the supernatural world! I will keep that in mind as I finish creating the character bio and whatnot. And I'm pretty good with limiting powers--I've had practice and I do enjoy limitations because I like to keep things spicy. ^.^
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Somniloquist Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:15 am

OK. . .well, I think I have the way this oughta start figured, so I'll post, um. . .eventually. I'm one of those no-discipline jerkwads. If ~the muse isn't with me~, I don't write. So I go through periods where I don't write for days, then suddenly I WANT TO WRITE EVERYTHING, ENDLESS WORDS. But here's hoping it's sooner rather than later.
Somniloquist
Somniloquist
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:18 am

xD! Would it be awful to say that I hope the muse isn't with you until Wednesday night? That way I can fly back home Thursday and settle down to read the role play and type up a post. Honestly, though, I hope your muse is with you sooner than later! I can't wait to start.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Somniloquist Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:48 am

Well the way I have it figured, both Dean and I have to post first, probably, so it'd be best for me to do it soon.
Somniloquist
Somniloquist
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by SolidariGee Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:35 am

Should I be working on a character profile? If so, is there an outline I should be using?

SolidariGee
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Somniloquist Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:39 am

Oh, um. . .I guess that would be the standard thing to do, wouldn't it? I'm sorry, forum based RPing is still a little foreign to me even though I've been dabbling in it for a while. Profiles would be helpful. Probably just standard information, maybe some strengths/weaknesses. . .I'll add Maxwell's to his profile sometime tonight, maybe try to phrase them so the lists don't go on forever, haha.
Somniloquist
Somniloquist
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:49 pm

This is the first forum I've joined where character profiles are common. I used to write profiles up for fun.

And, admittedly, to keep track of multiple characters. Sometimes I forget things about my characters when I have multiple role plays going on. I mix things up. So-and-So smokes and Such-and-Such doesn't--I'd accidentally switch that up in a heartbeat. Having a profile tucked away somewhere made it easy to recheck little facts. But I also spent a lot of time re-reading role play posts.

So, I like the profiles here because I feel less like a nerd for fleshing out my characters and tucking them away in a journal entry or something similar. Plus I get to read about other peoples' characters!

Anyway, I was going to suggest making an official OOC discussion thread. We could stick all our profiles in that thread. That way all the relevant information is in one place.

Just a thought! ^.^
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Somniloquist Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:57 pm

Yeah, I think I'll do that, uh. . .soon. . .I feel like I should think of a less lazy name for it all first. I've honestly not been able to write for anything for the past week or so, and it doesn't seem about to let up, so maybe when I'm back in the swing of things.
Somniloquist
Somniloquist
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2