FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Idea

2 posters

Go down

An Idea Empty An Idea

Post by Ethereal Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:52 pm

Okay! Here's our OOC.

Now let's get on to the framework of the idea.

For characters, I don't really mind detailed sheets but I am fond of keeping things light and simple. We can use this template for our CS.

Name:
Proficiencies: (Skills the character is good at)
Affiliation: (New World Government, Outlanders, Commoner)
Sector Home: (Sectors 5-20 are residential sectors)
Brief Background:

If you want to add more detail, feel free to do so.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

An Idea Empty Re: An Idea

Post by Ethereal Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:55 pm

You can add this to the template, totally slipped my mind.

Appearance: (Image/description)
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by a gallifreyan oddity Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:58 pm

Before I start....
are you fond of using images for their appearances or would you prefer descriptions?
I'm from Gaia and we typically always use models/face claims/playbys/whatever as character appearances so I'm not sure what you guys do around here.
a gallifreyan oddity
a gallifreyan oddity
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:03 pm

A minor setback. Smile We are free to use whatever floats our boats here. As for me, I really don't mind images or descriptions, it is totally up to you if you prefer images.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by a gallifreyan oddity Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:27 pm

An Idea Alona5
Name: Rowyn Abernathy
Proficiencies: Rowyn has a thing for old school weaponry. She likes recurve bows and arrows, swords, shields, things of that nature. She is proficient with a recurve bow as well as a compound bow and crossbow. Other than that, she is skilled with more modern weaponry and has a thing for crocheting little animals in her spare time.
Affiliation: Commoner
Sector Home: 10
Brief Background: Rowyn Abernathy is the bastard child of an Outlander. He got her mother pregnant then up and left to return to his life outside of the sectors. She grew up with just her mother but didn't care. In her eyes it made her a stronger person. Rowyn was introduced to the world of archery buy a guy who lived two houses down. She saw him firing arrows at a tree and asked what he was doing. She made her own recurve bow at fifteen and has collected other things since then from other sectors.

At twenty-two, Rowyn is now trying to find out who her father is. She's decided to pack up and leave home to make her way to the Outlander camps. With her HazMat suit in tow Rowyn has just left the safety of sector 10 and is now wandering around in the "outside" world.

An Idea 041hq001pj61
Name: Tamra Hart
Proficiencies: Technology is Tamra's forte. She started taking computers apart and rebuilding computers at a young age. Other than that, Tamra is a skilled artist though must of her pictures are of motherboards she has designed herself. She can use a gun if necessary but tries to avoid doing so.
Affiliation: NWG - Phoenix Project Technician
Sector Home: 8
Brief Background:
Tamra is the only child of two commoners. She grew up with basically nothing and took up "dumpster diving" as a hobby. She would walk around the city looking for scraps of old computers and things. Tamra would bring her treasures home and put the parts together to make a working computer. Her odd endeavors caught the attention of a government official who happened to be in Sector 8. He saw her picking up things and asked what she was doing. Tamra took him to her home and showed him what she had made. Things got a little crazy after that.

Tamra was fourteen when the government came calling. It was soon after they announced their plan to make sure humanity thrived. That plan? The deep space exploration spacecraft known as Phoenix. It was still classified when Tamra arrived in one of the government sectors. Despite her young age, she was one of the brightest minds working on the project. She designed a lot of the hardware that went into the ship. All these years later and she will now be a member of the crew. Tamra is excited about going into space. The ship is all she has known for the last ten years after all.

Last edited by a gallifreyan oddity on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
a gallifreyan oddity
a gallifreyan oddity
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:49 pm

The Outlanders are people who are dissatisfied with how the New World Government ran things and preferred staying in the polluted zones with their advanced HazMat suits. They are basically the people who used to scavenge resources for the NWG towards the goal of rebuilding. Although they are not hostile towards NWG, the agreement they had with them to continue scavenging for resources is that they will live in exemption to the rules of NWG. Think of them as a large, independent mining company with their own agenda.

Here is one of the characters I have in mind. Appearance though is still a work in progress. Just needed to get the base stuff out here fast.

An Idea 2uzrvpy

Name: Vincent "Vince" Black
Proficiencies: Mechanic, Close Quarters Combat, Marksmanship, Piloting
Affiliation: NWG - Deep Space Exploration Team
Sector Home: Sector 12

Background: Born 2044 during the end time of chaos, his mother died soon after giving birth to him. His father, a Peacemaker Commander never really got the chance to be with him since he was always at the front lines. Taken away to safety by people that held his father dear, Vincent lived pretty much an orphan-like life under the care of people he never really considered family.

Upon coming to age where he could understand, a great many things were explained to him about Omega and why his father was never there for him in his younger years. He never really cared for his father much until he learned more about the situation the world went through. It was only then that Vincent came to terms with his own emotional conflict and found inner peace. Wanting to take his father's footsteps, Vincent enlisted in the NWG's Peacekeeping program and easily became one of the highly decorated men on the field.

Upon being promoted to Lieutenant, Humanity's Phoenix Project has been brought to light. Being one of the highly decorated officers, it was inevitable that he was one of the top picks for the crew to embark on the journey as man's last hope towards a new start.

An Idea 10ggq4y

Name: Maurice "Nuke" Hill
Proficiencies: Martial Arts, Farming, First Aid, Cooking, Pol-Zone Scavenging
Affiliation: Outlander/Commoner

Background: Maurice was born 2045 and his first cry was exactly at the time of the last Nuclear Explosion. He was raised by his parents in one of the numerous nuclear shelters made available for civvies who wanted to live peacefully. He was often called the nuclear baby during his childhood which gained him the nickname "Nuke". Friendly and with a helpful nature, Nuke grew to be liked by the people in the shelter.

in 2050, when the people of the shelter learned of the NWG, they left the shelter and migrated in HazMat suits to Sector 1 to join the cause of rebuilding a nation. It was a tough time and many of the shelter survivors died during travel through the Pol-Zones, including Maurice's parents. Grief stricken and heartbroken, Nuke continued the journey with close friends until they had finally reached Sector 1. By the time they were accommodated, he was the only surviving child in the group.

At the age of 15, Maurice joined the Resource Acquisition division of the NWG. Following the example set by his parents who led the underground shelter through hardships, Nuke wanted to make sure he was doing something good for the people. In his eyes, gathering resources is the most vital part of the process to ensure mankind's survival. Even at a young age, Maurice did not hesitate to put on the HazMat suit and head out into the Pol-Zones on his first day at the job.

Last edited by Ethereal on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by a gallifreyan oddity Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:59 pm

Okay. I was just curious about that.

I'm re-working my main two girls right now.
Switched their ages and I'm working on their histories.
a gallifreyan oddity
a gallifreyan oddity
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:08 pm

Cool! no rush though. I will try to come up with an earthly guy to pair with one of your characters.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by a gallifreyan oddity Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:15 pm

Cool.

Tamra is my out-in-space girl while Rowyn will still be on Earth.
Just so you know. :3

edit cause I'm not sure about the double posting rule...

they are complete.
Both their histories are short simply because I want to flesh them out more within the story itself.

If you want, you could make your other guy an Outlander since I have Rowyn heading in that direction anyway. Its up to you though.
a gallifreyan oddity
a gallifreyan oddity
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:34 pm

your wish is thy command. I had an Outlander/Commoner in mind and he's out there in the Edit Section of Vincent Black. Very Happy
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by a gallifreyan oddity Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:43 pm

Awesome.

So, who should start us off?
a gallifreyan oddity
a gallifreyan oddity
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:47 pm

Hold on, we haven't named this baby yet. Very Happy

What should we call our RP just so we have something decent in the In Character threads? I apologize but I haven't thought that far yet into naming this RP. haha!

EDIT ********
How about we name it New Frontier? Not flashy or catchy but something that actually says something about the rp.

And what would you think if I give you the honors of starting it off? Very Happy
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by a gallifreyan oddity Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:57 pm

Sorry. I got ahead myself. I'm a little excited.
Hmm. I usually just name my threads based on what kind of music Im listening to.
Uhh.... So I have no idea for this one.
a gallifreyan oddity
a gallifreyan oddity
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:59 pm

I got myself an edit section in the post above yours. Very Happy
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by a gallifreyan oddity Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:05 pm

I rather like the name. :3

I'm at the store now but Ill start us off in a bit.
a gallifreyan oddity
a gallifreyan oddity
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:09 pm

Cool! Got the day ahead of me since it's my day off from work. I'll eagerly await your post in the IC thread.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by a gallifreyan oddity Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:23 pm

You'll have to forgive any mistakes I may make. Ill more than likely be writing it from my phone since Ill be running dungeons in Guild Wars 2 with the husband after he gets home.

Hopefully I'll have something up before I pass out tonight. Lol
a gallifreyan oddity
a gallifreyan oddity
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:26 pm

Oh no biggie. Mistakes can be corrected with the mighty Edit button. lol!
If you think you might have a hard time to start us off, let me know and I'll do the honors. Wink
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by a gallifreyan oddity Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:24 pm

If you wanted to start you could.
It may be tomorrow before I can write anything up
a gallifreyan oddity
a gallifreyan oddity
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:34 pm

Alright, I'll see what I can come up with. Might take me a few hours though.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by a gallifreyan oddity Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:47 pm

That's fine. I'm rather patient.
a gallifreyan oddity
a gallifreyan oddity
Mist