FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Idea

2 posters

Go down

An Idea Empty An Idea

Post by Ethereal Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:04 am

Earth, 2035: Multiple military facilities that housed nuclear weapons across the world had some of their warheads stolen. Countries involved formed a joint task force codenamed Peacemakers to find and apprehend the perpetrators.

Earth, 2037: The Peacemakers have not found a solid lead about the theft of military nuclear grade weapons. Although peace remains, tension was high and the search continues...

Earth, 2040: Several nuclear explosions detonated at the same time in various Asian countries, the result? Devastating.

The Peacemakers, now serving as the world's military, thanks to multiple funding from different governments, scramble to action; the world shocked by the unspeakable aftermath.

The Peacemakers still unable to apprehend the culprit were forced to damage control and rescue operations.

Earth, 2041: A terrorist group named Reforma surfaces and claims responsibility for the nuclear explosions. Declaring war in the name of change, justice and equality, they challenge the world's allied governments and the Peacemakers.

Multiple nuclear facilities have been taken over by Reforma soldiers and began mass producing weapons to further their cause.

The Peacemakers were surprised with the capacity of Reforma to move at a global scale. Tensions reach breaking point and orders were given to stop Reforma. The world goes to war.

Earth, 2042: Reforma's Leader was assassinated by someone within their own ranks. The group falters and the Peacemakers drive them to a corner.

The son of Reforma's late leader takes up his father's shoes. The group loses sight of their original goal and began indiscriminately launching nuclear weapons targeting major cities across the globe. Neo-Reforma was born.

The world was engulfed in chaos and turmoil at a global level, people begin to lose faith in the Peacemakers. Internal conflict rises and instability follows. The fragile pillars that hold the world's governments crumble.

Earth, 2043: Peacemakers were losing ground. With more major cities across the globe struck by nuclear warheads, the people completely lost faith with their ability to protect the world. The situation has escalated yet again to another level.

Backed into a corner, the world agreed to unite under one rule and orders were given to the Peacemakers to fight fire with fire. Despite much debate and inner conflict, the decision pushed through and nuclear war took place. Casualties rise with an alarmingly fast rate.

Earth, 2044: War goes on. Even with scarce resources and so much of earth rendered uninhabitable, survivors of neither group refused to back down.

The people have declared themselves free from neither group's influence and tried to live what was left of their lives away from conflict.

Earth, 2045: The remnants of the Peacemakers found a lead as to the hideout of Neo-Reforma's leader. They gamble with fate and launched an all out attack with an intent to finish everything once and for all.

Neo-Reforma also on its last legs, were cornered by the Peacemakers. Refusing to give in, the leader of Neo-Reforma played his last card. After making sure the Peacemakers have thought they already won, he detonated the last Nuclear Pile he had and took everyone who attacked the hideout with him.

Peace had come with nobody to celebrate it.

Earth, 2050: Remnants of humanity begin to gather and tried to save what was left of them. Forming a new government, they worked tirelessly to establish a stepping stone for mankind.

The events that occurred fifteen years ago came to be known as "Omega"

Habitable areas around the world were named Sectors and numbered from one to thirty-five.

The government devoted whatever resources they could to technological research. Soon, the government has improved the existing designs of HazMat suits gaining them the ability to stay longer in heavily polluted areas for scavenging.

Earth, 2060: Ten years after the Omega, civilization has slowly but steadily created a stable nation. Resources that they have been gathering were used to improve the sectors to accommodate a growing populace.

Rumor spreads that one scientist believes that the earth would not heal in time to support humanity's rapidly growing numbers.

With much of the situation not turning for the better, people believed the rumor and panic spreads.

The government took the people's concern seriously and announced that they have a plan to ensure mankind would prevail. Their lie had drowned the panic and a tensioned peace resumes.

Earth, 2070: The concern ten years ago proved to be true. The government had foreseen the time where they had to turn their lie into reality. The "Phoenix" was built by the government, a beacon of hope. It was a spaceship for deep-space exploration. Their goal, to find a new place for mankind to thrive on, a new home...

I know there aren't many who are interested in this genre.

If you took the time to read all that, I may (or may not) have caught your interest. I still don't know what I want to do with this but I am free for additional input. This is a free to mold clay where You and I would shape it into anything we want it to be. What you just read is the backbone though.

Up for grabs.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

An Idea Empty Re: An Idea

Post by a gallifreyan oddity Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:19 pm

I would totally be up for working with what you have above.
It sounds like something I'd really be into.

I love the idea. I really do.
a gallifreyan oddity
a gallifreyan oddity
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:34 pm

Wow! I was not expecting a soul to wander in here any time soon. But here you are taking the offer. I am grateful. Very Happy

Sure we could roll with it. Do you have ideas you might want to suggest?

Because we could be anyone in this dying earth or we could be some guys who will take the action to deep space, or we could be both. Just let me know if you have thoughts or points to add then we'll start an OOC.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by a gallifreyan oddity Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:27 pm

How are you with playing two different storylines within the same roleplay?

I ask because I've been wanting to try doing that.
Like we have a character on the ship and then one/two/however many on Earth still and each one has their own storyline.

Other than that, I really don't have any more suggestions. Well, aliens are always fun to run into.
a gallifreyan oddity
a gallifreyan oddity
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:36 pm

I don't mind playing multiple storylines in an rp as long as they are interconnected. Having completely separate stories running in the background usually doesn't end well for a private rp.

Aliens could also be a fun point to play with. So I'm guessing you want to be a part of the Phoenix Crew and go to deep space huh? Razz Alright, we could start with that.

I'll go ahead and create us an OOC to continue this discussion.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by a gallifreyan oddity Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Yes! They will eventually interconnect somehow. :3

I have a few characters I'd like to flesh out so I'm being greedy today. lol.

I shall be here waiting patiently for an ooc.
a gallifreyan oddity
a gallifreyan oddity
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:49 am

Ookay, so my partner dropped out but I'm still pretty much willing to do this. Any other takers are welcome to give this idea a try.

Just let me know if you are up for it.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down