FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy OOC

+5
Eternity
Safton
Ruu
Knifey Keith
Spectre
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Listening Re: Fantasy OOC

Post by Knifey Keith Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:32 pm

Name : Eamon O Shannoc
Appearance:

Spoiler:

Old picture, from back in the days when I was Kill Frenzy and Spectre was HEEGAY!

Eamon stands 5'8 feet tall and weighs 93KG's. Broad shouldered and heavily built, Eamon is a mixture between muscular and fat. Eamon has piercing blue eyes and very pale skin, his naturally spiky and wild brunette hair is nearly always slicked back; he often tries keeps his shin strap trimmed beard short. Eamon has a few scars from fights and misadventures on the right side of his lip, forearms and chest, as well as both of his fore arms being entirely tattooed with blue coloured spiral patterns- A traditional style of artwork, often seen on the weapons, jewellery and tattoos of his tribe. Eamon wears a long grey tunic, over his left shoulder a green and black plaid sheet tucked into his belt. This indicates which tribe Eamon belongs to, Eamon also wears a silver torc around his neck, a pair of baggy black pants, a leather belt as well as a pair of leather boots and leather vambraces. For body armour, Eamon wears an iron studded leather tunic, his weaponry includes a few crude iron knives hidden in his boots or hung off his belt, with the addition a 40 inch long, slightly broad steel bladed knife with an ornately carved wooden handle- This functions more or less like a short sword. Accompanied by these knives is Eamon's small round wooden shield with a cowhide covering nailed onto it.

Hails From: Midgard
Biography: Growing up in one of Midgard's most brutally violent regions, born into one of Midgard's most brutally violent tribes… Eamon grew up in violence and brutality, an upbringing unavoidable in a warrior culture. From a young age Eamon learned to fight; when young he was considerably well trained in unarmed combat and knife fighting. Since he was a child, Eamon was always well known for being incredibly tough and very brave… Though also notorious for being exceptionally odd and not quite right in the head. Usually being one of the shortest children around, he was often teased and disrespected for his short stature; generally picking fights with bigger boys… Sometimes winning, sometimes having his head kicked in. Eamon learned to be tough by way of his father- A violent, abusive drunk; his idea of spending quality time with the family was beating Eamon and his mother from one side of the house to the other. Experiencing brutality and hardship both at home and in the outside world… Eamon grew tough, strong; but bitter and nasty.

As a teen his skills as a warrior developed, his training became more advanced. His ability for shrugging off great amounts of physical damage increased. He became cockier and addicted to the thrill of fighting; putting himself in dangerous situations, he became reckless and quick to action. In his teenage years he also discovered the very poison that had always affected his father- Alcohol. Already known for being a psycho, Eamon would soon be reputed for being a drunk just like his father. Though having enough control and self awareness never to turn his drunken violence against his friends or mother; Eamon frequently engaged in alcohol fuelled brawls with other young men, older men and even his father. Acquiring his iconic scarred lip from a knife fight with another teenage warrior from another tribe who had attempted to steal livestock from Eamon's. He made his first kill; slashing at the other young man viciously, Eamon cut him back several times… The young man overwhelmed by the ferocity of Eamon's attack and eventually bleeding out.

As Eamon neared adulthood, his warrior training began to include weapons such as swords and spears, as well as the use of shields. This in addition to his unarmed and knife fighting skills, he became a more versatile and dangerous combatant. Though still mocked and often underestimated for his height (Or lack of.), he was quickly distinguishing himself as one of the better warriors in his age group. Eventually his group going from merely guarding the villages of the tribe, to being dispatched into offensive skirmishes with other tribes alongside the older warriors. Eamon and his age group eventually being replaced by a younger generation of warriors in their junior position, they were recognised as men and fully developed warriors. After a few years of tribal warfare, Eamon proved himself a skilled and brave warrior, his ferocity becoming not only well known to those in his tribe; but in others as well. Eventually as the tribes and clans became unified under the current Lord of Midgard; Eamon took a promising, lucrative and honoured job in the guardsmen of the Midgard's palace and surrounding city.

During an attempt at a bloody coup at the hands of the Midgard Lord's cousin. The entire force of guards being divided into factions fighting either for or against the Migard Lord; Eamon remaining loyal to the Lord of Midgard he fought ferociously against the traitors. The Lord of Midgard and his followers claiming victory after a bloody battle drawn out over several days, Eamon caught the attention of the Midguard's most trusted military advisor, Gunthor. Deciding to recruit Eamon as one of his personal body guards; Gunthor took Eamon under his wing, teaching him to read and write. As well as educating him in military tactics (Which Eamon did not get a chance to learn much of).

The young 23 year old adult that Eamon now is; experienced in combat, skilled in the arts of war… But completely new to adventuring and the wider world; appointed by Gunthor to be the emissary for Midgard, as Eamon could be trusted and relied upon; yet wasn't so vitally important that his death or capture would be a significant blow for Midgard.

Fears: Eamon is terrified of slugs and snails.
Goals: Eamon loves fighting and money, he seeks both in his travels across the known world.
Instinct Act quickly, stand and fight.

Last edited by Knifey Keith on Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:31 pm

haha, didn't want to layout the Kajaristan, eh?
No worries. Looks good.
Take a look at the IC and post up whenever you get a moment.

Good! Looks like we have everyone ready to go!

Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:43 am

Double posting, but i've got an update:
Going to try and wait a few more days before finalizing the next progression. [it will be 7 days since i've heard from Keith.]

Which is mostly okay, since the next few progressions will still be prologue. Character interaction will mostly be political and light, as there hasn't been any indication of a direct flank on the storm. Not hearing directly from characters can be passable until that point.

I'm going to say that i don't care to get a post every day. but what do you guys think? i don't mind waiting around for people to post, but is a 7-10 day wait long enough before continuing on?

I can easily add your character taking unimportant action, and keeping them out of harm's way in one of my posts.

Also, I don't care about post order.

thoughts?
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Safton Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:04 pm

Sounds reasonable enough to me, although I have a pretty flexible schedule right now.

Safton
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:10 pm

yeah i mean that's why I'm asking.
I get time to post while i'm at work from 8a-6p. Oddly enough, I only get time to post when i'm at work. hah.
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Safton Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:01 pm

I'd just like to point out something that I could have made clearer regarding Safton's bio. His family was not the ruling family of Nantenland; they were simply a prominent noble house within Nantenland. The king mentioned in the bio is King Malcolm of the Nanten, not Laewyn.

Safton
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:48 am

Gotchya. Makes sense. It's been a while since i read the bio's~ i'll try to be more concise here out. Sorry Embarassed Embarassed

i 'do' want to stress however, that the King Laewyn is 'the' king of the continent- sort of like an Emperor of the 'warring states' period for this continent. One great lord, with several houses/duchies pledged to him. So a Kingship in Nantenland would only be kinghsip in name, not privilege. I'm just wanting to make sure you realize, and not saying that anything is wrong with your calling him 'King' Malcom or anything. You don't need to change anything about all that- i just want to make sure we're on the same page again.
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Safton Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:34 am

No problem; I should have made that clearer in my bio. Reading it back, it's a little confusing on that point. Sorry about that.

Gotcha. That's what I thought. It was easier for me to describe him as King Malcolm rather than thinking up a new title for him Smile

I've taken to Safton calling Laewyn "High King Laewyn" while Malcolm is just King Malcolm. We can just chalk it up to being one of Nantenland's traditions or something.

Last edited by Safton on Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Safton
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:38 pm

Yup, as I was insinuating it can just be a name.
Smile
sounds good. I'm waiting in anticipation for the other folks to get posting so we can start this journey Very Happy
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Safton Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:52 pm

Same here! Definitely looking forward to it.

Safton
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:18 pm

Wondering how much longer we wait for Eternity.
Been about 15 days since i've heard from her.

Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:32 pm

I wouldn't wait on her. Or me either, but I am expressing interest. I will read up on the information and see if I can get a character sheet up. If I do, that will be me officially joining, if you'll have me Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:47 pm

'Course I'll have you.
If you've got any questions for me, feel free to ask! I'm more than willing to help out.
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RedQueenie Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:58 pm

Hello. I would love to join this. I was wondering if it would be alright to make her the protector of the new king, but she's taking time away from that to deal with the storm issue. I just wanted to see if that was okay before I posted up a profile for her. >< Thanks!
RedQueenie
RedQueenie
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:31 pm

But of course it would be okay. More than okay!
She could be a part of the King's Royal Guard, most call it the Crown Guard... Some of the best swordsmen in the eight kingdoms are part of the guard!

If you have any questions please let me know! The world is pretty well fleshed out with histories and everything. I'd reccommend reading to catch up a little bit in the IC thread of 'Vision of the storm'.

You character could come in just behind Cardinal Naemon as he announces that the King is now stable. Maybe as a typical guard for the room, making sure no one leaves or enters. But once things roll- you can volunteer to come along Very Happy
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RedQueenie Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:08 pm

Wonderful! I'll finish up the profile and I'll get to reading the in character.
RedQueenie
RedQueenie
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by RedQueenie Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:45 pm

Name : Merli Olayinka

Appearance: Merli is a beautiful Ishtan woman. She stands at an impressive height of 6'0" with a well toned body and dark olive skin tone. Her hair color is a very light blonde, appearing essentially white. It hangs to her shoulders in choppy layers with slight curls at the end. Two aquamarine eyes rest on her heart-shaped face on either side of a slightly upturned nose and above a pair of plump, rosy lips.

Merli usually can be found wearing armor she got when joining the Crown Guard. It is white armor to signify her allegiance to no one country, only to her duty to the king. The chest plate contours to her body with an etched in design of a white phoenix. A white cloak hangs down to her knees from her shoulders. The shoulders also had winged designs that extended down her arm plates and to the rest of the armor.

Merli's other attire is drastically different, she wears simple clothes, usually a simple dress or men's clothes even. She always has a belt around her that holds her sword. She has various scars on her body from before her days in the capitol and during her time there.

Hails From: Ishtan, though lives in the Capitol.

Biography: Merli was born in Ishtan in the desert region, to an unwed woman in one of the tribes. She never knew her father and her mother never spoke of him. They were poor because her mother was now unfit to wed and her mother was a social pariah. Merli loved her mother though and was fairly happy. One day, when Merli was ten, a man came to their village, a guard from the palace, looking for new recruits. Usually they were picked from nobleman's families, but Merli found herself in an extraordinary situation. She was playing with some local boys in her village when she was approached by the knight who asked her to do some things for him while he was there. Merli followed him around, doing various tasks for him, all quietly and obediently. At the end of the day he had her lead her to where her mother and her were staying, a small hut on the edge of the village. He spoke with her mother, there was an exchange of some coin and then Merli was told to gather whatever belongings she had, she would be accompanying him during his travel.

Merli accompanied him straight to the capitol. She became his squire, carrying his gear, taking care of his horse, whatever was requested of her. She was often mistaken for a young boy because of her lanky build. She excelled during her training and would often outstrip her sparring partners. By the time she was fourteen she had been knighted. By the time she was eighteen she had gone on six campaigns to outlying territories and had been recommended as a Crown Guard and at eighteen she was granted this honor.

Merli was one of the personal guards to the king, an honor most could only dream of. There were some issues because she was not of noble birth, but because she had denounced her birthplace and devoted her entirety to her king. She wasn't next to the king as long as she thought though. When the future king to the throne was born, because of her skills and temperament, she was assigned to guard the prince. She took this as a great honor and has been beside him ever since, though she still performs various duties as a knight.

With the various threats that have arisen because of the rumor of the storm she has been busy, but when the king fell she immediately returned to her prince's side. She knows the threat that this Gate of the Storm could bring and she wants to do what she can to keep her country safe.

Fears: The prince being put in any kind of danger and cats.

Goals: Protect the prince and eliminate all threats to the country.

Instinct To protect and defend, assess the situation swiftly and act accordingly.
RedQueenie
RedQueenie
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by RedQueenie Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:45 pm

I hope this good. X3
RedQueenie
RedQueenie
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Sounds good to me. GO ahead and get caught up and post whenever you like.
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:25 am

I'll wait for some reactionary posts before i continue. Also want to wait to make sure Ysopet will be joining in.

To get Red Queenie in the game, I'm going to go ahead and start Chapter 2, taking place in the country of Liseria.... as where Desmun ended off- about to lay out their plan to the summit- can be used as a [poor excuse of a] cliffhanger. xD
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:55 pm

Go on ahead without me. I'm not sure I'm ready to jump in at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:06 pm

No worries. There will always be room to hop in in the future if time permits Smile
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:34 pm

I was going to post, but I was giving Safton a chance to reply. Should I just post?
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:10 pm

yeah go ahead and post. i'm not worried about posting order.
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Safton Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:20 am

Heh, I was waiting for the others to post. My bad.

You can go ahead and post if you'd like, Ruu; I'll follow up.

Safton
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:26 am

Yeah.
Posting order isn't really an issue here.
But I will say that once you two post, I'll be starting a breakaway chapter halfway across the continent with redqueenie- granted she gets back with me in enough time.
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Safton Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:55 am

Sounds good to me.

Safton
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:57 am

But after you guys post, the other half of my breakaway will be us beginning preparations and heading off on the journey.

Smile
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Knifey Keith Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:04 pm

Just to hop in and let you know I'm still involved, I plan on posting very soon. I've just been a bit stuck on ideas, I want to portray Eamon's personality properly… But without going overboard and being silly about it.

He's a loud, foul mouthed guy with little in the way of manners and a lot in the way of action… But theres a clear line between a colourful character who reacts to situations in an unorthodox or intense manner.

And having a character act in a completely far fetched and unbelievable way that ruins it for everyone. I guess I'm just thinking back to past role plays where characters are completely anti-social and/or kill someone at every given opportunity.

So to put it simply, I'm not taking my time out of laziness or lack of interest. Rather than just taking care, I want to maintain some balance.
Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:09 pm

yeah trying to blend the lines of having no manners, and still being hand selected cohort to nobility is tough to breathe life into.

Thanks for keeping us posted though! if you want help or suggestions, or have questions you know you're free to ask me.
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next