FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy OOC

+5
Eternity
Safton
Ruu
Knifey Keith
Spectre
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Listening Fantasy OOC

Post by Spectre Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:52 pm

In the Divided kingdoms of Ajora....

The World:

Magic:

Bestiary:

The plot will revolve around a giant evil returning- which would explain why all these creatures are becoming more restless and more commonplace. Hordes of elves and goblins are overrunning cities. Attacking caravans. The like. This evil is akin to a 'rapture' if you will. But rumors scream about only the practitioners of magics will be 'saved'. [Sorcery is insanely rare]. The mages/sorcerers are usually the people who are the most religious anyway, so it almost seems fitting. Praying to whatever odd gods they have....

The most renowned religion is called Ruvelianism. A monotheistic religion similar to a christian myth, praising the Saint Ruvel as their savior. The other most widely used religion is an older religion of polytheism similar to old arabic myths. Midgardians are also polytheistic, with a religion similar to the old Norse gods of Thor, Odin, etc. Mages typically pray to 'weird' gods that most haven't heard of, archaic gods of old, or what have you. Their spells and incantations generally come in the form of happenstance miracles, or some such thing. Magic here is very subdued.

Our RP will take place toward the end of the summit, where each hero will be chosen or volunteer. Our heroes will be a crew from a conglomerate of allied nations, having their priests foretelling, and seers all see the same vision of prophecy. Our characters will be individuals chosen by each Duke or Lord of each country to accompany them to the summit of nations. There can be more than one per country, no worries. The countries have a summit in Fanethia's "Crown City", the land of the king. They each send a person of merit, each country wanting a piece of the victory.

This Demon's only demise lies in part of the prophecy- finding a single young individual with the 'hidden' power of repelling and closing [or even destroying] the sky gate that will let this chaos god through. The sky gate is a physical gate suspended in the air. At least, supposed, until now.
A dark storm cloud has appeared in between the continents in the seas, and it is rumored that it is where the gate lies. The child is rumored to be hidden in a monestary in the mountains on an island closest to the sky portal. This will be the last objective.

---
Countries:
each country has a dominant Lord and Lady, and their families reside in the Castles of said country. Each family is loyal to the Monarch. The monarch is declining, and this is causing some turmoil in the decline of the era. Not all have heard of the arrival of the storm portal over the sea. But most will have heard rumor. The Summit of Nations is being held at the capitol.

History Lessons!:

:;:Country Listing and Roster:;:
The Capitol:
  • Merli Olayinka- Member of the Crown's Guard

Ishtan:
  • Ra'kishna "Ra" Vaivarul- Emissary of the Ishtan
  • Ehab Saqr- Emissary of the Ishtan

Nantenland:
  • Safton Arafor- Emmisary of Nantenland- Elite Knight-Commander

Galgaroth:
  • Liathe Alaster Galgaroth- Heir to the Galgaroth family

Nemor:
  • Desmon Brenly Barrast- Nephew to Lord Barrast of Nemor

Midgard:
  • Eamon O Shannoc- guardian, emmissary of Midgard
  • Rocas Vargen- Lord Vargen's Son and guardian
  • Jorlon “Bear” Egwain- Guardsman of Midgard

Kubana:
  • Senihime Nagashi, “the Demon Princess”- Warrior and protector

Liseria:
  • Ser Aeron Sedolfus- Temple Knight Captain- Son of the Temple Knights General

I'll be giving you guys SOME liberties to the countries you will choose to be from. I will be adding small addendums to each country as new things are found out about said country throughout the story.

-----
Code:

[b]Name[/b] :
[b]Appearance[/b]: Give a detailed appearance here. Clothing worn, as well as general physical appearance. This will encompass the typical 'age' section you would typically see, as well. If you feel you must post a photo make sure it's a manageable size, and enclose it into a spoiler table if you can.
[b]Hails From[/b]: Which Country/Duchy is your character from? If you so wish to use your own- tell me about it first before you just put something here. That way I can give it the yea/nea.
[b]Biography[/b]: Include a brief biography. Also let us know why your character was chosen to attend the Summit. Word of the wise- the ones chosen are also being used as emissaries and ambassadors of their people. Keep this in mind that this is also a political quest as well as a quest to find the root of evil. They are usually well known, and well liked. Maybe nobility but not always the case.
[b]Fears[/b]: Yep. Fears...'Afraid to use his sword', or 'doesn't like anything that flies', sort of thing. Give me something to use against them xD
[b]Goals[/b]: Hey c'mon. Everyone has a goal. Of course it will involve finding the root of all the invasive evils. Add something like 'showing my people I am worth their choice', or 'protect X person during their journeys'. Maybe even 'find a harpy and strangle it to death' who knows. Doesn't have to be long at all.
[b]Instinct[/b] Yup. Put in the character's base instincts. Like, drawing their sword on the first thought of danger, or never delaying, something that will be detrimental to their actions, and another driving force in who they are personality-wise... Keep this fairly short.

I'd like the OOC to be done this week, and get a few character sheets up by the weekend.
So let me know some things you'd like to see, or see changed. Let me know what you think and i'll continue adding. However these are what I had in mind for the main countries. Have all the bases covered i think. The rich and polished, the middle class and humble, the more rural and remote, isolationist but happy. The less fortunate cities and less protected cities will be attacked and overrun. Feel free to throw some ideas in.

Last edited by Spectre on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:57 pm; edited 49 times in total
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Listening Re: Fantasy OOC

Post by Knifey Keith Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:39 am

I'm keen bro.
Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:26 am

Cool. that makes five of us.
Myself, Keith, Gadrielle, Safton, and Ruu.

I think that may be enough for now.
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:26 pm

What exactly did you want ideas on? I could maybe write something up if needed. Did you need info written up on the various other races?
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:52 pm

As far as things for ideas, i'm just asking for any ideas. I'm going to be GMing this, but I want to be able to keep everyone creative and happy/interested. Maybe if you've got some ideas on some other critters to come across, could keep things interesting. I want almost every one of the monsters I listed above to show up at some point, or be mentioned in the length of the PC's journeys. Maybe another smaller city within a country or something. Maybe take a country i've listed above and suggest stuff to be added. I've just left things pretty bare bones for that reason. But if no ideas are added, that's just fine as well, I will just add them in the course of narration for the RP.

I'm going to be adding a religious faction in soon, as well that will be affecting the storyline. More to be added soon.
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:40 pm

Here's my character, as well as an example.

Name: Desmon Brenly Barrast

Appearance: Desmon is a fairly handsome young man. He has dark wavy hair and a short, well kept beard. He has thick eyebrows set above his honey brown eyes. His nose is small and rounded, and his headshape and jawline is slightly rounded. He wears his nation's colors: A knee length dark Forest green cape wrapped around his shoulders and draping his upper chest, a dark gold/bronze colored gorget and small rounded pauldrons. Beneath his cape is a golden/bronze colored chestpiece. Below this is a thick ornate forest green vest covering a long sleeved grey-brown shirt tucked into Thick brown and green trimmed gauntlets and leather swordsman's gloves. His waist is belted with a large buckled leather belt with his sword hanging rom the left side. He wears durable pants that are a neutral grey brown color, only slightly darker than his shirt. He wears near knee length leather boots that are a dark brown stained color. Over the front of his boots aree a dark forest shinguard trimmed with gold.

Hails From: Nemor

Biography: Having grown up in Nemor at the center of the Direwood, Desmon is happpiest when surrounded by trees and wildlife. His father is the brother of the Lord of Nemor, so he grew up privelaged. He always worked for what he had, but he was most certainly provided for. Given lessons in reading and writing, the sword, bow, and equestrian arts. Strategy was his favorite thing to learn as he grew brighter. Growing up he learned not only the practice, but the art of hunting, and wilderness survival. By the time he was sixteen, he was knighted during a flashpoint engagement between the Direwood and the smaller, nearing province of Dein. The elder leader of Dein wanted to take up the sword against Lord Nemor due to a dispute over trade and money. The clash was not large by many's means, but it lasted for two months, the Nemorian soldiers and rangers taking easy advantage of their homeland's cover and capturing- not killing most of their unorganized enemy. Having captured the majority of a unit of scouts, Desmon had proven himself as not only a Nephew of the Lord Nemor, but as an able commander of a small scout unit. After this moment Desmon began taking pride in his martial abilities as well as his commanding and diplomatic aptitudes. He's a genuine guy, and makes friends fast. He doesn't tend to take things very seriously at first, if ever. As the nephew of Lord Barast, and a chosen apprentice of lawmaker of the King. He was chosen as one of the group to represent the Direwood in the Nations Summit along with his father, cousin, and Uncle.

Fears: Wide open spaces. Creatures that are venomous.

Goals: To prove his worth as a youn Barast, and to make his Country proud. He one day wants to be the lord of The Direwood, and maybe one day- King.

Instinct: To protect his friends at all costs. Bring humor to situations.

------
This is another character I'm adding, mostly for story progression and a typical adviser for the trip. He's a brain- so he will provide knowledge and insight to the world.

Name: Ehab Saqr

Appearance: Ehab is a very good looking young Ishtan male, for their standards. He has short, thick curly black hair. The top and back is kept a few inches longer than the sides, which are very short- but not buzzed. His face is cleanly shaven except for a very short separated goatee, soul patch, and mustache, and shows off his young features. His eyes are average sized and are a dark brown, underneath strong eyebrows that give Ehab an always determined look. He wears black kohl on his eyes. He has a heart shaped head, a suble straight nose, a small mouth, and an angular chin. His smile is captivating, and his teeth are near perfect, however 'sharp' looking.
His skin is a lighter tone of olive, however still lightly tanned from being outside in the desert sun. He stands at an average height for Ishtan people, around five foot eleven. His body type is smaller boned, and he has the body of a runner. He is thin, but still looks well fed and exercised.
He wears a long dark violet scarf wrapped around his neck and shoulders, draping over his chest, where he wears a black short sleeved shirt. The sleeves cut off at his elbow and are wide. His wrists and forearms are covered in black cloth wrapped tight under woven strings of rawhide.
He has a violet sash tied at his waist [that drapes back almost like a skirt tail], covered by a brown leather belt with gold studs and yellow trim. Hanging from his belt are several small pouches, and is his strange looking sword. It has the look of a longsword, but the entire shape is slightly bowed, almost like a katana. The blade is single edged, and fairly long. The handle is dark violet wrapped, and the pommel is gold, as is the crossguard. The scabbard is violet with golden trim. It is held to the belt witht a golden chain and ribbon.
His pants are a thick, yet breathable material made in an off white color tucked into knee high leather boots, that at the toe that have a small and slight upward point to them. He wears no armor other than shoulder and neck boiled leather but they sit underneath his scarf.

Hails From: Ishtan

Biography: Ehab is no warrior. He is trained with the sword and dagger, but has never had to use them. He is a linguist, writer, amateur doctor and scientist. His parents are scribes and intellectuals. He was rich enough to go to school, and learned all he could about as much as he could. He became multi-lingual at the age of ten, speaking both the Ishtan language and common, as most people do, but also picked up the local languages of Midgard, and the old language of the Ruvelians, very similar to common, and lastly the ancient dead language of the Emir- an old language of the Ishtan religion. He also began picking up some alchemy skills and zoology. You name it, he knows a little bit about it. During all of this, a civil war again broke out. Trying to usurp Ishtan's Lord...
Ehab was already learning the sword for his own adventurous reasons as a young one, but this gave him necessity. He was lucky to never have to use it, but he did see, and flee the bloodshed when he had to. His family was rich, so ultimately he and his family were seen as threats to the rebellion. Ehab was kept safe, but when his father was killed trying to save his neighbors, it became his job to keep his family, and others safe. He used his brain to help hide his family, neighbors, and servants, and deceive the rebellion and other thieves and criminals. Before the rebellion was crushed, Ehab and his family had to move very close to the Sultan Lord Overseer's palace. They hid in their family friend's herb shop...
Ehab and his family were well looked after by the Sultan Lord's people after being discovered by a royal guardsman, and Ehab was recognized for his sharp strategic wit and intellect. Inserted into one of the presigous academies, he sharpened his mind and his pen. He became fast friends with the Sultan Lord's chief inteligence officer, and took him on as an apprentice. Working near the royal family's court gave him much influence and publicity. He was chosen by the Overseer/Sultan Lord to attend the Nations Summit in Fanethia with the others...

Fears: He is afraid of isolation, and being bound.

Goals: To help his country, gain fame, and to learn as much as possible.

Instinct He instinctually tries to always be ahead of the game. Seek flaws in defenses and strike at them before the enemy knows it.

Name: Rocas Feol Vargas
Appearance: Rocas is a young man with chocolate brown hair. He has thick eyelashes and green eyes. Standing just below average height for Midgardian men, Rocas is about five feet, ten inches tall. He has an ovular shaped head, and a sloped, average sized nose. His face has the young beginnings of a beard, but it doesn't grow in thick yet, however despite this- it is still preferable to have something to protect your face in the cold winds of the misty mountains. He wears a black quilted surcoat, with a black leather vest over-top. He wears dark gray trousers and black boots lined on the outside with black dyed hide and fur. His cape is a thick black dyed material with a dyed black fur pelt around the neck and shoulders. His clothes are not dirty, but show signs of wear and weathering, like his other clansmen and bannermen. He carries a hand and a half sword at his hip, and a spear in his black gloved hands. He is a hardy young man, strong, and a good learning warrior, but he isn't large and lean, but built for dexterity and strength.
Hails From: Midgard
Biography: Growing up in the noble clan, or house of Vargen, he never felt he really fit in. He had the dark features of his mother, but didn't look like either. It is said he takes after his mother's father the most. However he had been long dead, having been killed in an invasion in his early thirties while his mother was being betrothed to Kjaren Vargen. He has never liked the cold of the misty mountains, but dealt with it as everyone does. Despite being of one of the larger clans, and a prominent one at that, he was raised as any other in Midgard. He was given no special privileges, told that with power comes responsibility, so he had to know everything. How to hunt for his food and live off the land. Political dealings, as well as haggling for his next meal. Drinking in the meadhalls, and bare knuckle boxing. Rocas was an excellent hunter, as it were, and excelled with archery. He was a natural soldier as it were, but he actually practiced his archery in his free time- what little he had.

The fighting began during a rebellion of one of Kjaren's third cousins. Rocas finally got to use some of his skills in melee as well as his archery during these skirmishes, defending one of the forts outside of the Misty Mountain hold as the second in command to one of his father's generals.

The rebellion was quelled as Kjaren's cousin was captured, and beheaded by Kjaren himself. The rebellion had started as his cousin was not only jealous of the lord seat of the clans, but before his beheading, he accused Kjaren's wife of adultery- having Rocas as a bastard. Quickly forgotten years after, however.

The monsters began showing up from the shores, almost out of nowhere. The elves and other creatures began to destroy encampments, and the fishing villages from the edge borders and worked their way in. The goblins were easy to deal with, but the elves were the reason of the pushes. Utilizing giant humanoid creatures wielding large wooden and stone weapons in a final push that crushed the second largest city, leaving the Misty Mountain hold, and it's surrounding satellite villages left.
During a week long lull in the hordes, the noble clan received an invitation to a summit of nations. Kjaren asked Rocas to come along as his heir.

Fears: He is terrified of sea monsters.
Goals: To make his father proud. To prove himself a worthy heir of the Midgard land.
Instinct He will seclude himself. He prefers to stay unnoticed and catch his opponent off guard.

Last edited by Spectre on Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:16 pm

~Here's mine, hope he's alright!

Name : Liathe Alaster Galgaroth
Appearance: Liathe has light blonde hair, sun bleached almost white. His eyes a lucid, crystal blue that seem to pierce the soul. He is slight and small for his age, not even reaching six feet tall. He is clothed in the pure white robes of the Church. A symbol of the golden sun and the silver moon is emblazoned on his back. He wears an azure cape inlaid with a silver lion to represent Galgaroth on his journey. He is never seen without an oaken staff.
Hails From: Galgaroth
Biography: Liathe was the third son of the Lord Galgaroth, and as such it was never thought that he'd ascend to the throne. His father was busy at the time of his birth and he was mostly raised by his mother. When his mother died at the early age of five, the Lord of Galgaroth gave him into the care of the Church. For years he grew up in the halls of the Grand Church dedicated tothe Mother Vanora. He was taught to value life above everything else and he was trained in the ways of healing. He grew adept in the ways of using herbs and poultices to cure the wounded and heal them. He also believed wholly in the power of prayer and attributed many of the healings to the miraculous power of the Mother. His prayers don't always work, but when they do they can produce amazing results. He was happy for many years, and often spent time with his father and his brothers. He could relax with them because he knew he wasn't in line for the throne. Then...just after his eighteenth birthday...Galgaroth Castle was infiltrated by his father's enemies. They set fire to part of the castle, murdering the Lord Galgaroth and his two sons in their sleep. The fire was put out, but the damage was done. By the time word reached Liathe of the assassination, it was far too late. Not even the greatest healers of Vanora could hope to resurrect the long dead...Liathe was the next in line for the throne, but it was feared he was too young, too soft with his time at the Church. The Vice regent,a wise old man, sent Liathe on a mission to discover the meaning of the prophecy, and as a test to prove his mettle to his people.
Fears: Anything to do with fire, because fire destroyed his family. He dislikes wanton violence.
Goals: To discover the source of the fiends who ransacked his home and to spread the ways of the Church.
Instinct To heal others, even in the midst of the battle, no matter the danger.

Last edited by Ruu on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Safton Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:02 pm

I haven't forgotten about this. I've been reading and I'll post my character (probably from Nantenland) soon.

Safton
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:33 am

Ruu: I hadn't intended for any of the big cities to fall just yet. Everything else is fine. Maybe just isolate the fire and have it put out- albeit a little too late] and it's great!

Look forward to hearing from you, Safton.

Take a look through my original post, i've changed a few things here and there. I've also made things easier and much more comprehensible.

I'm excited. I've not GM'ed on FoG yet, and I'm stalking this thread! xD
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:02 pm

Whoops, I've changed it. Now there's a bit more of a political intrigue element to it instead of an all out attack. Is that okay?
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:09 am

Sounds good. but then you need another reason to fear fire xD!

hee hee. looks great though!
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:58 pm

Is this still open?
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:10 pm

Well, he'd still fear fire because it was responsible for the death of his family, though he didn't experience it. But I can change it if it doesn't sound plausible.

And Eternity, I believe it is still open. Smile
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:44 am

Yup we're still open. Gadreille had to back away, and I haven't heard from knifeykeith yet so we're good.

And you're fine Ruu. It was my fault i only scanned the new parts of the bio and didn't read fully. perfect!

Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:41 pm

Name: Ra'kishna Vaivarul | "Ra"

Appearance: Ra'kishna is a lean, healthy woman standing at a fair height of 5'8. Her form depicting her own times of labor but as well of good self-care is wrapped in skin of a warm milk chocolate color, touched here and there by a visible lighter toned scar. Hair of pitch black forms a layer of short, soft curls atop her head though her hair itself is kept only about an inch long and shaven closer to the scalp the farther to the sides it gets. Ra'kishna's features higher are those of a more exotic nature. She has high, defined cheekbones and a strong jawline with more gaunt cheeks, framed all around a rounded little nose, and full often bronze-painted lips. Her eyes are simple and almond shaped with a slightly catty point at the outsides, often lined in the same bronze coloring as her lips, framing within them such an alight and brilliant amber hue that she is often called golden-eyed. Above these eyes are thin and sloping brows that portray a very faint arch and seem to help exemplify her often kind, warm expression. And then, it's simple; the return to the canvas to which her most captivating features are held, that somewhat angled and inviting face framed by the widow's peak of her hairline, and then down to her revealed ears and sloping jaw to a small feminine chin. Ra'kishna is often found adorning soft violet silks with golden yellow embroidering and hemming, that flow diagonally over her chest, revealing a glimpse of her side, before wrapping back around her back and tying up, while another set of the same silks wraps around her waist and falls into a diagonal skirt that flows in the opposite direction of her top (top hanging from right shoulder to left side, skirt hanging from left hip to right knee). But of course these silks are not all. Beneath her top set is a beige strapless top that is tied by a series of strings up to her sturdy, woven reed choker dyed in a gold paint with raw amethyst pieces hanging in small, broken shards from its grip. And below her skirt is a matching testament, a set of shorts that are extremely short, to the thigh, on the left side, and fall just above the knee on the right side. A belt exists atop these, holding a hidden set of black damascus daggers that hold a unique design with a slender base of the blade that slopes out in a smooth slight curve on one side, coming to a sharp tip that crescents back towards the blade, coming to a second tip off to the side, before beginning its sloping inwards descent to the base of the blade at the forte of a violet wrapped handle with gold embellishments. Around Ra'kishna's neck, if one were to look, is a longer necklace that hangs on a strong cord with an almost cameo styled pendant at the bottom of actual gold with an amethyst waxing crescent pressed into the half-dollar sized pendant. An odd series of smaller accessories mark her, such as her shin-high flat-bottomed traveling shoes which are molded for natural reflexes and movements of the feet, offering minimal protection from blades but allowing great grip among terrain, and are colored beige with violet ties. Another set of her odd accessories would be the polished gold wooden spirals that pierce through her earlobes and hang unlike a normal earring, and the small violet gem that is pressed and pierced into her forehead. When seen on a more formal basis or around a crowd, Ra'kishna wears a wrap of violet silks around her head, and a veil, altogether hiding away her shoulders, neck, and face except for her bright amber eyes.

Hails From: Ishtan

Biography: Ra'kishna was born to poverty, upon the outskirts that faced the Medius sea, where the high tide brought the smell of saltwater to the deserts like a dream of things farther than what this realm had to offer. As a young girl, she spent a great deal of her time playing with the locals. The women her mother knew, were seamstresses and shaman- like her own mother, while the men she knew were hunters and brave scavengers. They traversed the deserts sometimes for a week or more, before returning to provide great feasts of wild game and vegetation from beyond the sand's heinous grip. All of these to Ra'kishna, were great role models, and even greater friends. The community she was apart of worked as one, breathed as one, and survived- and all seemed well to her.
-
At the age of twelve, Ra'kishna bore witness to great terror. A civil uprising, a rebellion to the leader. Their one overseer was being wrought against, and as stern and unforgiving as he was, this was no matter to go lightly. He sought only to unite his people, and crush those whom felt so treasonous as to threaten his rule. The majority of these rebels were the very scavengers and hunters whom took care of the outskirts' people. And thus, the chaos struck home for the young girl. Fighting, lots of it. Blood stained the sands as the soldiers of Ishtan's militia force came down upon them all. It at last came to a night where she herself, and her loving mother, were left in the heat of battle. The threat came upon them when their home was raided by soldiers looking for her mother- but perhaps for reasons Ra'kishna did not know.
-
Ra'kishna jumped before her mother from her hiding place to protect her, standing against the Ishtan soldiers and pleading their innocence. Her mother but laughed, taking her hand and leading her now to the soldiers as the soldiers welcomed the sight of Daqina. Swept away from the fighting, a great secret revealed itself to Ra'kishna in the days that followed.
-
Daqina, Ra'kishna's mother, had been a healer to the current overseer when he was a young and foolish warrior. She had been offered a place in his court as a bringer of relief and ease, but she turned it down wishing for life in the outskirts to see to those of lesser standing and poverty. In times of the new rebellion, Daqina was returned to the palace, along with her young daughter Ra'kishna who was offered equal living within the palace...
-
The rebellion was crushed some few short years later, as Ra'kishna turned fifteen. By now she had undergone three years of the greatest schooling Ishtan had to offer. She was wise, quick to think, and yet patient and kind like her mother. She was trained in basic combat by Ishtan's finest, assigned by the overseer himself in the case of the palace being raided- as the knowing of self defense was a key ideal. As she was taught, a country of many who are brave, is greater than a country of few who are strong and many who will hide. And in her further adolescent years, she acquired a very basic survivalist understanding as she grew close to the overseer, and now learned the stories of her mother's famed and prized history having served as a great pillar of hope for Ishtan in darker times now past.
-
At last, after upwards of a decade of peace, a new darkness is brewing. Daqina, too old now to stand for Ishtan as it begins to threaten its sanctuary, nominates her daughter for the summit in the presence of the overseer. As the overseer thought of Ra'kishna almost like a daughter of his own, he would believe this decision correct. He could offer them many warriors, as many as one could think of trained in guerilla warfare and ruthless survival, but what he could offer them that was of rarity in Ishtan, was a youthful wisdom, sense of peace, and strong, brazen will that portrayed an unbeatable flame. Hence, after Ra'kishna passed the celebration of being inducted as an ambassador of Ishtan, she headed to the capital for a summit, perhaps alone should the overseer have found her the only one needed from her homelands, to represent Ishtan and becoming a piece of the total union to stand before this oncoming threat.

Fears: Ice; it has a darkly fantastical sense of captivation, and the fear of being frozen alive seems to haunt her like a child's nightmare. Deep water- Ra'kishna does not know how to swim for long distances, and tends to panic after a few minutes of being in water.

Goals: To live up to her mother's legend, and to become as great an idol to those who will follow in coming generations as her mother and the overseer were to her.

Instinct: Ra'kishna naturally has the push to stand up when no one else will. She isn't afraid of confrontation, as she often believes it can be solved more simply than most think. When pain comes to another, like her mother, she has the instinct to bring ease to those around her either with words or with silent comfort.

Last edited by Eternity on Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:41 pm

I hope that works >_>
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:18 pm

yay! i'm so glad someone wanted to hail from Ishtan. I was going to make a secondary character from Ishtan if no one would take. . . . i Still may... xD.

Adding her to the OOC Country Listing.
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:24 pm

Yay ^_^
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:24 pm

~Awesome! Glad you're joining Eternity! Smile

So are we just waiting on Knifey Keith and Safton?
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:53 am

Yup. Keith just PMed me and were waiting on both he and Safton at this point Smile
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Safton Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:54 am

Name: Safton Arafor

Appearance:  Safton is a rather imposing individual, standing six feet, three inches tall. He is broad-shouldered, with a muscular, athletic physique. His hair is jet black and reaches the nape of his neck, hough he keeps it swept back from his face. He was born fair-skinned, but years in the sun have left him lightly-tanned. His eyes are a steely grayish-blue. His facial features are somewhat sharp, though not quite severe. He is generally clean-shaven, but light stubble may adorn his chin at times. He is twenty-nine years old.

Safton typically dresses rather simply: a brown boiled leather jerkin over a white linen shirt, along with dark pants and a black leather belt. He often wears a pair of well-made leather gloves, brown boots, along with a dark, hooded cloak.

However, in more dangerous situations, he dresses appropriately. In battle, Safton dons a burgundy-colored set of brigandine with a black lion emblazoned on the center. Under this armor is a knee-length, sleeved tunic made of riveted steel chainmail as well as a thin, padded gambeson. His upper and lower arms are protected by steel plate rerebraces and vambraces (respectively) while articulated gauntlets made of the same material cover his hands. Steel greaves guard his lower legs, while brigandine cuisses cover his thighs. His head is typically adorned by a steel barbute and riveted chainmail coif.

Safton's primary weapon of choice for dismounted combat is a pollaxe. The wooden haft of the weapon is six and a half feet in length. Its forged steel head consists of multiple striking faces. Extending outward from the end of the pole is a large, dagger-like spike. On one side of the head is a crescent moon-shaped axe blade, while the other consists of a weighted hammer. A second steel spike is mounted at the opposite end of the haft.

Safton's secondary weapon is a longsword. It has a double-edged steel blade nearly four feet in length, with a large cruciform grip suitable for use with one or two hands. The grip is black, while the cross-guard is bright silver. The pommel is the same bright silver coloration, but is inlaid with a red ruby, inside of which is a black lion insignia, outlined in gold.

A long, thick-bladed seax knife rests, sheathed, on the left side of Safton's belt.

Safton wears a pendant around his neck at all times. It consists of a white gold chain from which a circle of red gold hangs, engraved with a symbol of a rising sun on one side, with the other portraying two crossed swords over a shield. The pendant is a very old family heirloom, but is remarkably untarnished and shines brightly in sunlight as if it was forged that morning.

Hails From: Nantenland

Biography: Safton was born to a minor (but well-respected) noble house within Nantenland. His father, a war veteran, was known for his even-handed ruling of his land and its subjects. He passed on his skills in both diplomacy and combat to Safton and his sister, Rixel. However, when Safton was only sixteen years old, his family was betrayed.

Lord Pyral, a trusted friend and ally of the Arafor House, successfully framed Safton’s father for treason. Furious, Safton’s father challenged Lord Pyral to a duel. Pyral, having treacherously stacked the odds in his favor by poisoning his opponent, proved victorious. He slew Safton’s father in clear view of his family and much of the Nanten nobility. Shortly thereafter, the Arafors were stripped of their titles and assets, which were turned over to Pyral in light of his “service” to Nantenland.

Safton vowed revenge. He went to his uncle, Carrick, in seek of help. The man was a washed-up knight and former member of the Crown Guard. Nonetheless, he chose to aid Safton in his task. He passed on his knowledge of war, combat, and survival to the boy.

When Safton came of age, he enlisted with Nantenland’s army. He worked his way up, from a lowly infantryman to an experienced man-at-arms. After serving with distinction through multiple armed conflicts, he was finally knighted by King Malcolm of Nantenland (the head lord of Nantenland, owing allegiance only to the Emperor of Ajora) despite the troubled history of his family. In between his military service, Safton continued to seek evidence of Pyral’s wrongdoing. Seeing a potential threat in the young man, Pyral acted. The corrupt nobleman sent nearly a dozen brigands to the Arafor’s cottage, intent on having them preemptively killed in a supposed "bandit raid".

Safton was waiting, however. After single-handedly striking down several of the would-be assassins, he captured their leader, who confessed to the plot. That, along with other evidence Safton had secured, sealed Lord Pyral’s fate. For the second time, the man desperately dueled the head of the House of Arafor. This time, however, he lost. Safton killed Pyral. King Malcolm, intent on making amends, turned over all assets and titles of Pyral's to the Arafors.

However, the knight turned down the position of a wealthy lord. Instead, he was appointed to serve as the Knight-Commander of the Vanguard – Nantenland's most elite fighting force and King Malcolm's personal guard and expeditionary unit. When the situation calls for it, Safton has also been known to serve as a diplomat or spy. With the coming summit, Safton has been summoned to attend on behalf of Nantenland.

Fears:

Betrayal – Safton’s past has left him somewhat wary of others, often fearing the worst in their intentions. Although he is capable of putting these feelings aside in order to accomplish diplomatic missions when the need arises, he maintains few personal relationships.

Enclosed Spaces – Safton has always had a minor case of claustrophobia, made no better by being accustomed to the wide-open fields of Nantenland. His considerable size also makes him rather uncomfortable in tight confines.

Goals: Safton hopes to maintain the honor of his family name, so that it may never be tarnished again. Included in this is achieving the mission given at the Summit by any means necessary.

((The name isn't just a case of me being lazy, by the way. It's sort of tradition for me to use Safton as name for the vast majority of my fantasy characters.

In any case, it's a bit late so the biography and all needs a bit of a polishing, but I wanted to go ahead and put this out there so you guys weren't waiting up on me. Let me know if anything in particular needs fixing!))

Last edited by Safton on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:46 pm; edited 19 times in total

Safton
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:34 am

Looks Great!
I've added some changes to the original post with some updates and some new information. If you haven't scanned it, may be a good idea to. Smile
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:49 pm

IC will be up shortly.
I will add Keith in when he gets back with me.
So i can keep you guys who are interested- interested... I'll keep this moving, albeit slightly.
Keep your eyes open for an IC forward!
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Safton Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:07 pm

Will do. I think I'm all caught up now as far as the reading goes.

Safton
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Safton Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:20 pm

Sorry for the delay; I'd hoped to post before I left. I plan to have the post up by tomorrow for sure, though.

Safton
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:56 pm

No worries. Get to it when you can. Thanks for letting us know Very Happy
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:24 pm

I won't lie. I haven't responded because I forgot my FOG password. XD I just sent it to my e-mail and then had to discover that password while I was at it. I'll respond either today, or after the next post.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Safton Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:40 pm

Haha, no problem. Happens to the best of us.

Safton
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:12 pm

Holy cannoli x_x I've been out of RP so long, that you guys blow me out of the water. I guess keeping up with you fine lot is going to whip my writing initiative into shape lol.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:43 pm

as i said before to safton. GET TO IT WHEN YOU CAN!

this is in casual for a reason.

I'm also still waiting for Keith to get back with me. He's going to be giving me his country info as soon as he can and will be posting his character up as well.
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next