FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What has been going on?

5 posters

Go down

What has been going on? Empty What has been going on?

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 9:00 am

Is anybody else having trouble accessing FoG lately? Like the other day when the address changed from just ".com" to "forumotion.com" and I had trouble logging in. Or this morning when I click on the link and it keeps taking me to a "GoDaddy.com" page that tells me the domain name has expired.

It seems to be fine for the moment but I was just wondering if anyone else was having issues or what is happening and if these incidents will continue to occur. Sad

Back to top Go down

What has been going on? Empty Re: What has been going on?

Post by Gadreille Tue May 15, 2012 9:12 am

I've also been having these problems.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue May 15, 2012 9:57 am

Hey all,

Thanks to Fayt, we own the domain name footstepsofghosts.com, but we have to renew it every year. The costs come out of her pocket, and while it's not a lot, it's still something to consider. We opened up a donation thread last year to help with the costs, and it's entirely optional. Check it out here if you're interested: https://footstepsofghosts.rpg-board.net/t3716-donate-to-fog

In the meantime, you can always access FoG using footstepsofghosts.rpg-board.net.

P.S. I am in no way trying to be a salesperson soliciting our members for money. This is solely to help out Fayt and Axiom with the costs of keeping our site ad-free and keeping our domain name. Plus, you get a spiffy new rank if you donate $3!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Tue May 15, 2012 1:46 pm

Done.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue May 15, 2012 1:55 pm

I wasn't online earlier today, so I didn't notice any thing weird. It seems to be working just fine for me now.

As for the password reset thing... It's directly tied to the domain name that Fayt got for us, so when it reverts back to the forumotion.com one, it causes issues with resetting passwords. Just talk to an admin if you ever have any problems with it, and one of us can get you a new, temporary password that can serve until you first log in and are able to change it to something else.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Wed May 16, 2012 8:21 am

When the domain changed, it threw me for six. Haha. Luckily a quick google search directed me to the current name. Otherwise you'd have lost me in the swirly mists (and after only JUST coming back too, what a shame that'd be.).

I wish I could donate and help out, but I'm currently jobless... will you accept payments of love? I can give you guys BUCKET LOADS of love. I'm sure it's good for SOMETHING. At least, until I get a little chump change of my own to toss into the Domain Donation Bin. Wink
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum