FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fayt's Work Schedule (Previously Known As Next week: 2/13 - 2/17)

4 posters

Go down

Fayt's Work Schedule (Previously Known As Next week:  2/13 - 2/17) Empty Fayt's Work Schedule (Previously Known As Next week: 2/13 - 2/17)

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:19 pm

As some of you may know, I recently got a job working as an order processor for a company that appraises homes.

I just found out today that next week we need to work overtime. We have such a large volume right now of orders coming in, and because next week one of our schedulers/possessors is going on vacation to Florida, we're all going to have to work more to make up for it. I'm going to be working 9 1/2 to 10 hour days the whole week (depending on when I decide to go in / can get ready in time in the morning).

So, I don't expect to have as much free time next week because of that and probably from being tired, since this is my first time I've ever had to work that many hours at a job before. Welcome to the real world, Fayt! I hope everything goes well and I'm not too tired, but I'm sure it'll be fine. I'll still be around, but just not as much as I can be/have been.

Last edited by Fayt Fyre on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Fayt's Work Schedule (Previously Known As Next week:  2/13 - 2/17) Empty Re: Fayt's Work Schedule (Previously Known As Next week: 2/13 - 2/17)

Post by Lord Revan Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:03 am

Well i wish you luck. I have done those long work weeks, and they can take it out of you. Just remember eat well, drink lots of fluids, and get as much sleep as you can.

I don't want to hear you over worked yourself, and got sick, Fayt!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Fayt's Work Schedule (Previously Known As Next week:  2/13 - 2/17) Empty Re: Fayt's Work Schedule (Previously Known As Next week: 2/13 - 2/17)

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:21 am

Thanks, Revan. I will try and do all those things as best I can. :]

Oh, man, yeah. I definitely don't want to do that! I know if I don't get enough sleep alone I can start feeling run down, so I'm hoping I can tough it out for a whole work week. I'd hate to be sick so early on at this job!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:22 pm

I totally understand. Being sick when you first start work is not fun. Especially since you feel like you have to go no matter what.

Well I am sure you will be fine. You are a tough girl. Have fun!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:11 pm

I'm sorry you have to work so much, but at least your paycheck will be nice! Unless you're paid on salary. Then it'll still be the same. Anyway, you'll be fine. You can tough it out like Marc said, and I'm sure it'll be a nice learning experience albeit... and exhausting one. >.>;;

We <3 you!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:49 pm

Just work and sleep, work and sleep, with eating and drinking throughout. You'll want a lot of the time in between work for sleep. Nod
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:02 am

Thanks, guys. Hug It actually wasn't too bad. I'm kind of an early bird anyway, so that wasn't too bad.

UPDATE
Turns out though, we're still behind on work, and one of my bosses even thought about having us come in over the weekend (which I'm not really keen on doing), but then decided against it, so instead I am coming in early again this week I think (at least I am today).

In the beginning of March, another coworker is going on vacation for however long, and while she's gone, we're all going to have to come in early again. Immediately after she gets back, a third employee is taking a vacation. So, basically I'm going to be working overtime for quite awhile now it looks like.

This isn't to say that I can't be here for a month or so, but just be prepared for slower response times from me for awhile.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:47 am

One of the very small advantages I have in working retail is that if one person goes on vacation it will not cause the rest of us to have to work overtime. There are enough employees to cover for this.

In good news though I will be on vacation from 3/4 until 3/11. So I should be around here more often.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:38 pm

That is at least something that is nice about retail, hehe.

Awesome! Gotta love vacations.

Something else to note is that one of my coworkers is actually leaving in the beginning of March, and they want me to replace her. Her job is different than mine, so I need to learn how to do everything she does, which may mean even more overtime. xD
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:31 pm

Just another little update here. It is looking like now I'll have to work at least 9 hours a day as a standard for quite some time. From the sounds of it, we're going to be pretty busy for quite awhile, especially with everyone going on vacations and with hiring new people and losing a boss.

So, I apologize again if I am slower at getting back to people. I've been trying to get on on my lunch breaks, but I don't ever really get a break at work at all unless I choose to leave. If I stay, then I pretty much am unspokenly required to work through lunch while eating there. I can drive home for 15 minutes (since I only get a 30 minute lunch), but obviously that's not much time to do anything. But I'm still trying!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down