FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Class Schedule: October 5th - December 19th

2 posters

Go down

My Class Schedule:  October 5th - December 19th Empty My Class Schedule: October 5th - December 19th

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:19 pm

This is my new school schedule starting tomorrow. I'm taking four classes, and since my classes range from 3 hours to 7 hours and 20 minutes, I will be around less than usual, so this is a heads up. If you need me, I will most likely be around during the times that are not listed here. If you are having an issue and I'm not around, you can contact any of our other staff that is available, as they are always willing and happy to help in whatever ways they can (as always!).

Monday
11:00-1:50 Game Prototyping B

Tuesday
8:00-10:50 -- Game Art Production
6:30-9:20 -- Designing Interior Spaces & Worlds

Wednesday
11:00-1:50 -- Game Prototyping B

Thursday
8:00-10:50 -- Game Art Production
6:30-9:20 -- Designing Interior Spaces & Worlds

Friday
8:00-3:20 -- Character Modeling and Rigging
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

My Class Schedule:  October 5th - December 19th Empty Re: My Class Schedule: October 5th - December 19th

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:40 pm

Damn... With classes that long, you should be getting paid to attend rather than paying them. XD

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

My Class Schedule:  October 5th - December 19th Empty Re: My Class Schedule: October 5th - December 19th

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:41 pm

lol!
No kidding! It's like having a job. (I'm just thankful that I don't have a job to worry about either; I don't know how some of my classmates do it!)
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:47 pm

I don't know how I'm going to manage it, either... ._. I was talking to this girl at work over the summer who juggles three jobs, and she's a full time student. It's insane. ^;_;^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:09 am

affraid
Oh my God... That would just be nonstop! Being a full-time student, in and of itself, is difficult, since not only is there class time, but there's also studying time and homework time outside of class. Unless she could do that at one of her jobs, I don't have any clue how she gets sleep each night! D: That's just too much for one person to handle; the poor thing. I hope you can manage okay, Kathryn. I'm sure it's not easy.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:21 pm

Yeah. I have no idea. She looked well rested, but she was pretty anyway, so I'm sure that helped. XD

Yeah. I actually remember that she told us about her hectic life because there's this guy that comes in with a baby in one of those torso baby carriers that's a jackass. He doesn't have a job, and he doesn't try to keep himself clean and decent looking, and he always buys a lot of junk with his food stamps. She was telling us that there was no excuse for him being like that if she could work three jobs and go to school then he could find himself at least one, but it's obvious that he doesn't care enough. One would think a baby would be incentive enough, and I think there's at least one more small child and a wife about whom to worry, so yeah. It's utter crap.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:53 pm

XD Aww.

*shakes head* As I was reading about that guy you were describing, I was also thinking along the lines of what you said, that you'd think a baby would be incentive enough to take care of yourself and your family. That's horrible. I do agree though that there are way too many people that are jobless and feeling sorry for themselves rather than getting out there and finding work. Granted, we're in some hard times, but there's always a place somewhere that's hiring, even if it's just a fast food joint or a department store. You know, whatever.

Ugh, on the subject of my classes, I just had a meltdown in my first one this morning. Our teacher is kind of this older man who talks like he's really pissed off at something, which is intimidating. I never had him before, but I knew his name, since I had heard he was a good teacher. (Lol I can't help but wonder now though if people just say that because they're afraid of him!) He wants us to no only draw a bunch of things (concept art for all our environments, characters, weapons, vehicles, and props, along with blueprints for our environment), but he also is having us write out an entire background story and a story for our video game that we'll be making in his class, in addition to the REAL WORK. Guess what the real work is? Actually making the game! We're going to be making our own video game using the Unreal Tournament 3 engine (which is one of the better video game creating engines out there right now), so I have a shit ton of work to be doing, since I have to model, in 3D, all of the things I need in my game, which includes the environment, not to mention texturing and lighting them. This class is going to be a nightmare!!

I still have 3 more classes left to go to, too. I'm really nervous. I feel so overwhelmed right now. I need to get started on all this stuff. Oh, and plus, he wants us to read a book on the Unreal engine. *faints* I have him again for another class, so I'm guessing he's going to be just as hard on us in that one too. Sad
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:59 pm

Aww. Just remember that it's just the first day. You'll get used to him, and you may even really learn to respect him and enjoy his teaching style. Just remember to relax, breathe, and take your time. You're intelligent and creative, and you're wonderful at achieving anything to which you set your mind. I'm certain you'll be able to get through this far better than you think right now. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:30 pm

Aw, thanks, Kathryn. I really hope you're right about all that. Smile <3
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down