FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knowledge can be dangerous (Consulting Detective and Lamenting_Quill)

2 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Knowledge can be dangerous (Consulting Detective and Lamenting_Quill) - Page 4 Empty Re: Knowledge can be dangerous (Consulting Detective and Lamenting_Quill)

Post by Lamenting_Quill Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:48 pm

Arial closed her eyes as she snuggled close, it felt so right to be here in his arms, as if his arms had been crafted specially for holding her and she in turn had been crafted to fit ever so perfectly in his arms.
"Feel so perfect" Arial sighed softly "Being here with you, I never would have seen us like this when we first met. You are so different from what I thought you'd be. Money sometimes makes people selfish and able to only care about themselves, but not you. You are not like that"

She wanted so much to tell him that she loved him, but it just wasn't the right time, she needed to know first if he loved her the same or everything could be blown straight to hell in a hand-basket.
Arial's nimble feminine fingers played gingerly with locks of Vincente's raven hair, caressing the strands lovingly "I've never felt like this ever before, no one has ever effected me the way you do. I never imagined it was possible to feel like this, that being so happy was possible"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Knowledge can be dangerous (Consulting Detective and Lamenting_Quill) - Page 4 Empty Re: Knowledge can be dangerous (Consulting Detective and Lamenting_Quill)

Post by Consulting Detective Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:12 pm

Vicente frowned slightly at Arial's words, though she could not see it. He was selfish, but she didn't notice. He'd been willing to take on the responsibility of killing her for his own personal gain within the Camarilla, and he'd only spared her because she interested him. If she had been any other person, he would have killed her. But she wasn't. She was a Mage, and he craved her blood. If she hadn't been a Mage, would this have ended differently? Probably. She would have been so ordinary if she wasn't a Mage, right? And ordinary was of no interest to him.

There was something else about Arial that drew him to her, besides her blood. He didn't know what it was, so he didn't give it any real consideration yet. He still felt rather certain that the reason she was still alive was because of her status as a Mage. That was all. He could benefit greatly from her blood, so he would keep her alive and his. He truly was thankful that she couldn't see just how selfish he really was. After dealing with several women who were only interested in him for his money, it was quite ironic that he'd only be interested in Arial for her blood. At least, that's what he thought his primary motivation was. He didn't think himself capable of actually falling in love. This warm feeling in his chest had to be something else entirely. Maybe a side-effect of her blood.

Silence seemed to be the best reply right now, so he just settled for continuing to hold Arial close. She seemed to be so fond of him, and he wondered just how devastated she would be if he proved her wrong about him. He was a vampire. Their natures were entirely different than those of a human. They were wolves, even if they acted like sheep to blend in and fool their prey.

He planted a gentle kiss on the top of Arial's head, though he felt uneasy. Very uneasy. This was going to be a long night. Perhaps he should just stop thinking for a while. Dwelling on the emotions he may or may not be feeling would do nothing but bother him, and he was too comfortable to ruin it with negative thoughts.
Consulting Detective
Consulting Detective
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:05 pm

Arial had stayed up most of the night just talking with Vincente, telling him about her family and how her parents lived a quiet and happy life in Louisiana, where no one was quick to judge people a little on the eccentric side. In regards to magic anyway.
It made her miss them, it was true they would flip their lids if they found out she was falling in love with a member of the undead, but they still were some of the most loving and warm parents on the earth.

She invited him upstairs to her room where they could just hold each other until it came for Vincente to go cold and Arial to get some sleep, they did kiss a little bit, but it wasn't anything that would lead to something huge happening.
Arial fell asleep in Vincente's arms just as the sun was coming up, though her thick drapes held back the rays just as she promised.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

"I was checking up on Arial like I always do once a month... You won't like it" Anton Kolette said, sitting down in front of the family patriarch.

James Kolette stared at his nephew warily "What is wrong? Is Arial alright?"
"Vampires exist as you suspected, Uncle James, but that's not the biggest problem... Arial seems to be, well... Having a relationship with one..." replied Anton, seeming reluctant to intrude in Arial's life like this.
James closed his eyes and groaned, Arial was too sweet for her own good, she wanted so desperately to see the good in everyone, even in a soulless undead creature of the night.

"What do you want to do, Uncle James? Should I try to kill him?" Anton asked, it would be his first vampire. He'd killed ghouls before, but not a vampire.

Looking at her bronzed nephew, James smiled warmly, he loved the kid but he was just a little too quick to violence at times.
James has some suspicions that came from Anton's Voodoo priestess mother, Shanika Veer. Now Shanika Kolette after she married James's brother Derrick.
Shanika had clung for awhile to the violence of the voodoo practice, but eventually Derrick's sweet goodness rubbed off on her, James was glad that Anton seemed to bare some of Derrick's good soul.

"No" James replied firmly, shaking his head "A war would be the result of that and the race of mages would be revealed, you know our blood is like a drug to them. No, I will send for Arial and plead with her to settle down with a mage of her mother and I's choosing, she will not deny her papa's wishes"

Anton seemed uncertain "Arial always has had a will of her own and besides, she really seemed to like this guy, the way she looked at him... I just don't know, Uncle James. It may not be that easy"
"We will try our best" James insisted "There will be no violence unless violence is done against Arial"
Anton nodded in understand, he knew not to disobey his uncle on this.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Evening came quick enough with the rising of the shimmering moon and Arial began to ease awake, it had not been that hard to adjust to Vincente's sleep schedule.
Glancing at him, she noticed he had not quite awakened yet, so she decided to go downstairs and get some food into her stomach.
She was beginning to grab some frozen hash brown patties from her freezer when her home phone rang, there was only a handful of people that had her home phone number...

Arial set the patties down on the counter and went to the phone hanging on the wall, she answered it was a soft "Hello?"
"Arial, sweetheart" Came the warm voice of her father, James Kolette "How are you honey?"
"I am great, dad" Arial said sweetly "I am thinking of taking over the family magic shop, I am growing weary of journalism"
"That is such wonderful news, sweetie. Listen, your mother and I were wondering if you would come and visit us, we miss you very much"

Arial nibbled her bottom lip "Let me see what I have going on and I will see about sometime next week, I could come down for a week or two"
"Sounds fantastic, sweetheart" James's voice replied, filled with happiness "Your mother will be overjoyed. We love you, Arial"
"I love you two too" Arial replied warmly before she and her father hung up

A week away from New York, she wondered how Vincente would handle her being gone that long or if he'd miss her at all, she just wasn't sure.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Consulting Detective Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:30 am

Vicente enjoyed his remaining time with Arial before the sun rose and his consciousness was stolen from him. He managed to stay awake only long enough to give Arial one last light kiss on the lips before his head dropped onto the pillow, eyes closed. Thankfully the curtains were keeping out the sunlight, and he hoped that Arial wouldn't open them in a moment of forgetfulness. That might not spell certain doom for him, but it would seriously maim him.

He wasn't breathing while he was asleep, and his heart wasn't beating. It seemed like he was dead, and it was certainly a good thing that Arial knew what he was. If she didn't, then he would be in serious trouble for falling asleep with her there. People normally called 911 when they discover a dead body. Vicente really didn't want to be taken into sunlight by mistake. He would die, and then there would be many awkward questions flying around. Namely, why someone turned to ash.

When he awoke the following evening, he immediately fell thirsty. He also didn't see Arial around, which didn't necessarily worry him. She had her own business to take care of, he was sure. He was just glad to still be alive. She could have killed him at any point during the day. He'd placed his life in her hands, and she had taken care of him. That meant a lot to him. He knew too few people who he could actually trust.

He got off the bed and went in search of Arial, finding her a few moments after her phone conversation ended. It looked to him like something was concerning her somewhat, and he hesitated for a moment before asking, "Is something the matter, Miss Kolette?"
Consulting Detective
Consulting Detective
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:03 pm

When Kiara heard footsteps behind her, she turned around to smile at Vincente, she was going to have to tell him. She knew he'd not be too pleased if she just up and disappeared for two weeks.
Truth be told, Vincente wasn't her boyfriend, but it would still be rude.

"Well, my father called from Louisiana, he and my mother want me to come and visit for two weeks. They miss me" Arial said, smiling warmly "I promised my father I would go next week for two weeks"
Arial came forward and wrapped her arms around his neck, placed a brief kiss on his lips "I am sure you'll find things to do while I am gone"

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

"You really think she will like Pietro?" Maureen Kolette fretted as she sat at the table across from her husband, sipping her tea "I just don't know, he doesn't seem her type?"
"Wealthy? Italian? Handsome?" James asked "Arial will love him, you will see. Pietro will be perfect for her"
Maureen scrunched her nose in disagreement "I don't know, he seems to be extremely superficial, think money and magic can get him anything and everything he wants. Arial doesn't feel that way, we raised her better than that"

James sighed "Pietro is not the only option, Maureen, just relax. Everything will be well, lets just allow Arial to meet Pietro first before we reject him"
Maureen nodded and sighed "Very well, dear. You are right"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Consulting Detective Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:40 pm

Vicente blinked when Arial told him she was leaving for two weeks. That was unexpected, but perhaps it was for the best. It would give him time to assess the feelings of the Prince regarding her status as a threat. Hopefully by the time she returned, Arial would be completely off the Prince's radar and they could continue as they were as... whatever it was they were now. Were they dating, now? He wasn't quite clear on that. Sure he had just spent the previous night and day with Arial, but that didn't quite mean that they were officially dating. They should probably clarify some things sooner rather than later.

"I will keep myself occupied, I am sure," he stated, flashing Arial a winning smile. He wouldn't show his lack of comfort with her leaving for two weeks. What if another vampire made a move on her while she was gone? She'd probably set such vampires on fire, but he was still worried. In a possessive sort of way. "With any luck, the Prince will have completely forgotten about you by the time you return."
Consulting Detective
Consulting Detective
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:08 pm

"With any luck, the Prince will have completely forgotten about you by the time you return."

Arial nodded with a pleasant smile "I agree, I doubt I will be seen as a threat when there are no more articles baring my name entering the magazine. It might even make even more progress once you tell him I have quit my previous job"
She was glad to be quitting to be honest, it wouldn't be pleasant seeing Andrew's face every day after that little display at Vincente's mansion.

It would be good for her too to be immersing herself in her heritage with her families magic supply shop, she knew she'd meet many more mages needing supplies. It would be nice to have friends she wouldn't have to hide herself from.
She just hoped Vincente was comfortable with others entering her life, though time would tell if Vincente really did want to have to one and only romantic place in her life.

"I'll be leaving for Louisiana this Sunday by plane" Arial replied "It'll be a whole two weeks without me, sure you can handle it?"
She finished with a joking wink and smiled, it was nice that she had someone around she was comfortable enough to joke with.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Consulting Detective Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:29 pm

"I am quite certain I will survive," Vicente returned with a delicate smile. He hoped Arial wouldn't feel offended by his certainty over this. They hadn't known each other for very long, after all, and they hadn't exactly met under the best of circumstances. That didn't change how he felt about her, though. She did intrigue him, and he could see quite plainly that she was quite taken with him.

He glanced at his watch to check the time, then asked, "How would you like to spend the evening, Miss Kolette?" Obviously she wanted to quit her job, but he didn't know what else she wanted to do tonight. He had no real business to attend to, thankfully. Besides his job, but that was arranged around his schedule. He worked on the software whenever he wished to do so. It was at his own pace, and no one was pressuring him to get something done. He could spend some nights doing other things.
Consulting Detective
Consulting Detective
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:42 pm

"I am quite certain I will survive,"
"How would you like to spend the evening, Miss Kolette?"

Arial was not the least bit offended, she was actually comforted by his take on all of this, his indifference would make things easier if she had to cut things off between them in the end.
Not that she wanted to, but she could only imagine how her family would react to her seeing a vampire and would insist she date someone else, preferably another mage as they often pushed. To preserve the magical bloodline.

For now however Arial would not think about all of that may come, for now she would focus on this beautiful man in front of her that lavished so much attention on her simply because he wanted to. He never had to stick around after she decided to quit her job, but he did, she owed him this much.

"Well" Arial replied, her hands drifting down to caress that well toned chest and abs of his "Our last little stroll under the stars was rudely interrupted, how about another go at it? Just a quiet walk under the sparkling stars, no one in the world but us, sounds nice doesn't it?"

Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Consulting Detective Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:14 pm

"Quite nice, yes," Vicente agreed with a soft chuckle. "So long as we do not have another run-in with a Sabbat insurgent." He gave Arial a genuine smile, his eyes seeming to sparkle somewhat. It was true that he was enjoying his time with her. She was an interesting woman, and the fact that she was a Mage made it even better. There was a certain kind of danger to her that Vicente found himself greatly enjoying.

He shifted his weight as a thought occurred to him, and he hesitated a moment before asking, "Before we go, would it be possible for me to have a drink?" Asking permission from someone to drink their blood. Now that was a new experience for him. He usually just took what he wanted in that regard. It was easy enough to distract someone sufficiently so they wouldn't realize what was going on while they were being fed from. He did it all the time. Or he just drank the bottled blood he got from various sources. Either way, asking to drink from someone was not a common occurrence by any stretch of the imagination.
Consulting Detective
Consulting Detective
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm

"Before we go, would it be possible for me to have a drink?"
Arial smiled at the vampire she was falling in love with and gently moved her long chestnut hair away from her neck, it was actually a rather intimate thing between them and with moderation, she enjoyed it.

"Just be careful, lover" She purred seductively, using the word lover half jokingly.
She wanted Vincente and she was almost certain she was falling for him, but she also knew to be careful in terms of men, after all she had been so sure about seemingly sweet and safe Andrew... Then look what happened there...

Arial wanted to trust Vincente though, he'd never given her any reason so far to not trust him, he'd been honest with her and treated her with the respect a lady deserved.
Though she was a mage and therefore had to be very careful whom she trusted and more importantly, had an intimate relationship with... Her doubts really were starting to drive her insane, she had to quit thinking on thing so much and just live.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Consulting Detective Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:42 pm

Vicente smiled almost coyly as he stepped forward, his arms wrapping around Arial to draw her near. It was oddly fascinating that she would so easily give her blood to him, even knowing what he was. He appreciated it, though. He appreciated it quite a lot, especially since he'd never tasted better blood than hers before. It was incredible, and his entire body was yearning for more. Once again the thought of addiction crossed his mind, but he pushed it aside just like before. He was just thirsty, is all. He wasn't getting addicted. Or so he kept telling himself.

His fangs grew in and he sank them carefully into Arial's exposed neck. Her blood immediately started to spill forth from the wound, and he drank it eagerly. It tasted even better than he remembered, if that were even possible, and he moaned softly against her skin as he took another mouthful of the sweet, sweet vitae. Oh how alive he felt as he drank this blood. It was making him tremble against her in his ecstasy, his embrace of her tightening slightly in an almost possessive manner.
Consulting Detective
Consulting Detective
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:09 am

Arial wrapped her arms around Vincente's shoulders as he drank from her neck, her body trembling with aroused passion. If she didn't have as much restraint as she did, she probably would have begged him to make love to her.
Though eventually, Vincente did withdraw her from neck, his face still filled with hunger and his eyes filled with possession. It made a shiver of desire run down Arial's spine to think that she might mean that much to Vincente that he would be possessive of her.
“Shall we go and enjoy our time alone now? With the stars sparkling above us” Arial said, smiling at him before leaning in give him a brief kiss.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

It felt too soon when it came time for her and Vincente to part, but she knew he could not linger with her another full 24 hours, he had duties to tend to himself.
For Arial, she had to put her affairs in order before she left for Lousiana, she had put in her two week notice with work, now she just had to make a few calls to some of her cousins to have them move down to New York and run the magic store with her.
Duties she imagined would consume both her and Vincente's time until after she returned from Louisiana, which meant he'd be parted from her for a full three weeks. Arial knew it would be difficult for her, but it would also allow Vincente to decide how he truly felt about her and for her to decide if her feelings for Vincente were solid and real, feelings that would not fade with time.

^*^*^*^*^* Time skip- 2 weeks^*^*^*^*^*^

Arial sat in the room her parents provided for her, furious beyond belief. They had known someone about Vincente and were determined to try and persuade her to settle down and marry a mage, her father had practically demanded she marry the Italian peacock he called Pietro.
She despised the man, he treated Arial like she was a mere possession, one that he was fully entitled to having. Arial Kolette would be no man's property!

They had offered her other choices, her mother had said she could marry anyone she wished so long as the man she chose was a mage and not Vincente Ashcroft.
She placated them with promising to marry anyone her father chose only if after returning home and explaining all of this to Vincente, he did not want her.
Her father had no choice but to agree, so here she was in her room waiting to hear that the car had arrived to escort her to the airport.
Arial knew she had agreed to stay for two weeks, but under the circumstances that had arisen, she preferred to return home and discuss this all with Vincente as soon as possible.

She was startled when she heard the horn honking outside the house, but she composed herself and grabbed her suitcase, completely ignoring Pietro when she emerged from the bedroom.
The fool had tried to carry her suitcase for her, but she flat out refused to acknowledge him until she knew for certain that the irritating man was going to be her future, it made her want to laugh when she thought about how insulted Pietro was that his competition was a vampire and the competition was winning without even trying or knowing his claims on Arial were at stake.

Arial spared time only in stopping to give her mother and father hugs before she quickly departed for the car, she was angry at them, but she still loved them.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

The plane ride had been long and tiring, she had not arrived back in New York until around midnight.
She wasted no time in calling for a cab and getting her butt home for a much needed sleep, she would call Vincente the following evening and tell him what was going on.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Consulting Detective Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:57 pm

Those two weeks had been long and arduous for Vicente. He'd gotten a good bit of work done, finishing a long-term project he'd been tinkering with. That would be sold soon enough, and he'd get a nice payoff for it. It was something to look forward to, not that he really needed more money. He mostly wrote software because he could and it was something to do that wasn't vampire-related. Sometimes a hint of normality was necessary to keep one's sanity fully intact.

It had been difficult to concentrate on his work during those two weeks, though. He'd managed, but there was always this nagging need in the back of his mind that was driving him steadily up a wall. It was like his usual thirst, but distinctly different in one respect: its specificity. It wasn't just any blood that he was desiring so strongly. It was Arial's, and Arial's alone. Her blood called to him like a siren, and he could feel it wearing him down. Even his ghouls noticed him acting particularly agitated lately. Jeanette had suggested that he get laid, but he dismissed that idea rather quickly. He highly doubted that form of stress relief would do anything to help him, particularly when he already knew what he needed.

By the end of the two weeks, Vicente had to admit to himself that he had a problem. His thoughts were largely fixed on Arial and her sweet, sweet blood, and he realized that he'd had three tastes of her blood now on three different nights. That was the recipe for a full-on blood bond between vampires. Was a dependency on a Mage's blood similar to that? And if this was how he felt when away from her, how strong would this desire be when he was actually with Arial?
Consulting Detective
Consulting Detective
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:19 pm

Arial awoke from her slumber around 6 PM, she had about an hour or so before the sun would set enough for Vincente to venture out, though she considered that under the circumstances that she really ought to go to him. It might express more sincerity that it was him she wanted and not Pietro.
With that decided, that slightly groggy brunette got out of bed and made her way to the bathroom to take a shower and wash her hair.

Once dry and ready to get dressed, Arial returned to her bedroom and she chose a casual spring green sundress that complimented her jade green eyes, then to make the outfit fit the cool weather, she added a slightly darker green tailored sweater jacket. Arial looked very pretty and she thought Vincente would think so too.
Once she had put on some comfortable black flats, Arial grabbed her jacket and fetched her car keys.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

She arrived in spectacular time, the sun had set about thirty minutes ago and Vincente should be awake and ready for company.
Arial parked her car in his drive, but careful to make sure she did not get in the way of his butler should the man need to run any errands. She approached the door and knocked, when it was answered Arial smiled politely "Hello, Is Vincente awake? I need to see him, I'm Arial if you remember me"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Consulting Detective Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:42 pm

"I remember you," Jeanette replied, smiling rather playfully at Arial. "I really must apologize for my actions a few weeks ago. Mr. Ashcroft needed you to be separated from your date, and I did what I had to do." She didn't seem to be interested in that man anymore, which made it very clear that she'd just been acting when she seduced Andrew. No, she had no real attraction toward the man. Though this certainly showed her level of dedication to Vicente. She would do anything for him.

She stepped aside to allow Arial to enter, and she continued, "Mr. Ashcroft is currently in the shower. He awoke only a few minutes ago." It wasn't often that Vicente didn't awake with the setting of the sun. In fact, Jeanette and Zachary had both been a little concerned about him when he was still asleep after sunset. Richard didn't seem to be too worried, though. He told them this happened at times when Vicente was particularly worn out.
Consulting Detective
Consulting Detective
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:58 pm

Arial didn't say much to Jeanette, but she was polite nontheless, she just needed to see Vincente and what happened with Andrew didn't matter anymore; The man was a horny smile.
"I'll just go and surprise him then" Arial said with a smile, "Mind showing me to his bathroom?"

She gave Jeanette a comical smile that could only be understood by another woman. Her smile was returned and the women shared a chuckled as Arial was shown the way to where Vincente could be found.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

After Jeanette had left Arial by the door and taken off, Arial grasped the knob of the door and opened it, the room was filled with steam and Arial could make out the form of Vincente's delicious body through the shower curtain.
"Miss me, Vincente?" Arial murmured seductively, knowing he'd hear her.

x

Last edited by Kalon Ordona II on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:27 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Post Length Rule Infraction. There's enough information to fill ten sentences, but that's not how it's organized.)
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Consulting Detective Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:18 pm

Vicente had been rather focused on his shower--his hair did require a lot of attention to wash properly--so he hadn't heard the door open or close. When a familiar voice spoke to him, though, he gave a little start and looked toward the door. He could see a figure standing on the other side of the curtain, and it was very obviously Arial. She had come to him, and even came into his bathroom. That was unexpected, but oddly appreciated.

Now that he and Arial were in the same room, Vicente started to feel a rather strong pull at the back of his mind. His desire for her blood was quite strong, but it was secondary to a set of feelings which he'd heard described to him before in reference to a blood bond. The urge to get as close to Arial as possible was almost overwhelming, and it was taking all of the willpower he could muster to keep himself from getting out of the shower right now to hold her. He was glad to have a strong will at this point.

"Yes," he answered shortly, his voice sounding a bit strained.
Consulting Detective
Consulting Detective
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:24 pm

Arial smiled at his response, he was having a hard time with her so near and possibly the fact he was in the buff, warm water cascading down his body.
The idea was tantalizing to Arial and she would have loved nothing more than to jump into that shower with Vincente and ravish the beautiful man senseless, but that would have to wait, Arial had something very important to discuss with him.

"You almost done in there, handsome? I have to tell you something important, I think you have a right to know what with what has been building between us" Arial said "My folks know about you, it seems a cousin of mine was spying on me for them. I... we really need to talk"

x

Last edited by Kalon Ordona II on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post Length Rule Infraction. Author Intent says 7 sentences. Punctuation says 4.)
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Consulting Detective Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:41 pm

That revelation was enough to bring Vicente back to his senses sufficiently for him not to be constantly struggling with those near-overwhelming desires within him. Warning bells were ringing in his head, and he shifted the shower curtain aside immediately to talk to her face-to-face. His intention had been to just pull it back enough for him to see her, but curtains didn't quite work that way. If he'd been thinking more clearly, then he'd have realized that the curtain would shift enough to show quite a lot more than he intended. As it turned out, though, Arial just got quite the eyeful of him. The hot water cascading down the smooth surface of his pale skin only added to his attractiveness, and his long hair was soaked and sticking to him.

"When you say that they know about me," he asked quite seriously, "do you mean that they know we have essentially been seeing each other, or that they know what I am?" The latter posed a very large threat to him, and he hoped he'd read into that wrong. He really hoped her family didn't know that he was a vampire. Mages and vampires did not have a good history. Mages tried to kill vampires whenever possible. Arial was a little strange in that regard, but there was no telling what her family would do if they knew what he was.
Consulting Detective
Consulting Detective
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:48 pm

Arial smiled a bit as she got a good eyeful of Vincente's delectable body, it inspired throughts of silk sheets and long, long nights.
His voice however brought her back to the surface and the important matter at hand.
"Both, actually. Though you have nothing to fear in terms of your life, my family is very peaceful, they do not wish violence with anyone. After you get dressed, we can uh, discuss what the problem is"

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Arial sat on the edge of Vincente's bed waiting for him to emerge clothed, she wasn't sure how he was going to react to the new of her family trying push her to marry a mage, including what she promised her father if things didn't work between herself and Vincente.
She nibbled on her bottom lip as she considered what could happen if Vincente and Pietro even truly met face to face, she knew Vincente wouldn't receive the mage well, considering that Pietro wanted to marry her.

x

Last edited by Kalon Ordona II on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post Length Rule Infraction. Author Intent says 9 sentences. Punctuation says 6.)
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Consulting Detective Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:59 pm

Vicente finished with his shower as quickly as possible, blushing slightly as he realized the very full view of himself he'd just given Arial. Odd that that's how she was seeing him sans clothes for the first time. Oh well. There were worse ways for that to happen. At least she hadn't caught him doing anything inappropriate. Like sleeping with another woman. He wasn't like that Andrew boy.

He dried himself off quickly before wrapping a towel around his waist. There were no clothes for him in the bathroom itself. He'd have to go into his bedroom to fetch fresh clothes, so the towel would have to do for now. When he went into his bedroom, he saw that Arial was there waiting for him. Might as well just keep the towel on for now. Give his hair a chance to dry a little more so it wouldn't get his clothes wet.

"So what is the problem?" he asked, taking a seat beside her on his bed. His hand very much wanted to rest on her leg, and he couldn't quite curb that desire. It moved itself to her knee, gripping it lightly. His thumb was even caressing her, and he didn't even realize it.
Consulting Detective
Consulting Detective
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:09 pm

Arial looked up when she heard the bedroom's bathroom door open and Vincente emerged with a towel around his waist, she supposed that meant he had not brought clothes with him in the bathroom.
He came and sat beside, his body still slightly glistening with moisture, it almost made it hard for Arial to focus.

She smiled when his hand came to her knee and his thumb caressed her skin "My family... they want me to get married... to a mage. They don't want me to be with you, but I made a deal with my father... I told my father that I wanted to come home and talk to you first about the whole thing... and should you not want something more permanent, that I would come back to Louisiana to appease my family and marry that Italian my father chose" Arial choked out, followed by a hard sigh "My father has all the authority to force me to marry Pietro if he wanted to, but because he loves me so much, he gave me the choice to come forward with how I feel about you. He is convinced that vampires do not engage in serious monogamous relationships and that you will reject me. I would not force you to do anything, Vincente, I only want to know how you personally feel"

x

Last edited by Kalon Ordona II on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post Length Rule Infraction. Author Intent says 11 sentences. Punctuation says 5.)
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Consulting Detective Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:42 pm

Vicente's thumb stilled when Arial told him the deal she had made with her father. It didn't surprise him that her family wanted her to marry another Mage. Like with like was a tradition that many societies encouraged. Of course the Mages felt the same way. Vampires were different, though. They just didn't do long-term relationships. It was too dangerous for them.

"You are saying that if I do not commit to marrying you, your father will force you to marry someone of his choosing?" he asked, his conflicting emotions on the subject very visible in his face. Most of them were not good. He was angry that he was being put in such a position. He was fearful that things would go horribly wrong either way he chose. He was hurt that he'd lose Arial if he didn't choose to marry her. But he was also glad that she valued whatever it was they had enough to come tell him this. She was obviously choosing him. It was just a matter of if he chose her in return.

Those were normal to feel, but along with them came some rather strong feelings of resentment toward Arial's family and the man she'd marry if he refused her. How could he possibly let someone else have Arial? Her blood would no longer be his to take if he let her go to another man's arms, and that filled him with enough anger to make his fangs grow in. But how could he agree to this? His kind just didn't do this sort of thing.
Consulting Detective
Consulting Detective
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:25 pm

"You are saying that if I do not commit to marrying you, your father will force you to marry someone of his choosing?"

Arial shook her head "No, not exactly. What it means is that my father will give me extended time if you and I were in a committed relationship. During that, time would reveal to my family whether or not we could do well together, then they would back off. If not, if your relationship failed, I would have to return to Louisiana in the end and marry someone my father has chosen. He told I could reject Pietro if I wanted, but the men I would be able to choose from would be ones he chose personally to present to me."

Arial looked away to hide the sadness in her jade eyes "I do not want to be with anyone but you, but like I said... I would never force you into anything you did not desire yourself, that wouldn't be right. Whatever you want to do, it is up to you. I hate to think it, it breaks my heart, but maybe this is fate trying to tell us something... I love you, Vincente, but I will not chain you to a fate you do not want. The choice is entirely yours"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Consulting Detective Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:02 pm

Vicente didn't know what to say. His emotions were at war with each other, the usual ones trying to hold back the ones that were the result of his desire for Arial's blood. It was an internal battle that felt like it was tearing him apart inside. He didn't know what he wanted. He'd need time to think, but he didn't know if he was going to get that time. Did her father expect him to make an immediate choice?

He heard Arial tell him she loved him, and he couldn't keep himself from having a rather strong reaction to that. His emotions had gotten out of hand, and he couldn't refrain from throwing his arms around her to pull her into his towel-covered lap. He pressed his lips to hers in a heated kiss, feeling how his body reacted to having the object of his desire so very close to him. This wasn't enough for him, though. He needed her blood, and he needed it badly. He wasn't even thirsty tonight. He just wanted a taste...
Consulting Detective
Consulting Detective
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:57 pm

Arial couldn't stop herself from kissing him back when he yanked her into his lap and claimed her mouth in fiery kiss of passion and desire.
She wrapped her arms around his neck as their tongues twisted and danced together, she vaguely felt his palms caressing her sides.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

So this was where the unworthy walking corpse lived, it seemed strange to Pietro that a vampire should have such a nice residence.
He turned his aristocratic nose up in the air and made a 'humph' sound before he strode to the porch and knocked insistently until someone answered.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

A knock on the door made Arial groan in dismay, but Jeanette's voice urgently called out "Sir, um... there is a man here to see Arial. He says his name is Pietro and he won't leave till he sees her"
Arial removed herself from Vincente lightning fast as she was filled with sheer horror "Pietro? Why that loathsome little cockroach!"

x

Last edited by Kalon Ordona II on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post Length Rule Infraction. Author Intent says 9 sentences. Punctuation says 6.)
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Consulting Detective Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:46 pm

Vicente was equally displeased with this unexpected interruption. He had half a mind to just continue along his present course without regard for the other Mage, but he really couldn't be that horrible of a host. He had to acknowledge his unwanted guest. Didn't mean he couldn't attack him, though. That man was going to be thrown out of here.

"We will be down in a moment," he called to Jeanette, getting off the bed and hurrying into his walk-in closet to get dressed. He pulled on a simple ensemble of his usual "casual" style, including black trousers, a button-down shirt, and a nice pair of shoes. He pulled his hair back in an attempt to control it while it continued to dry, and he hoped it wouldn't be dripping all over his silk shirt. That would be nothing short of annoying. As if it wasn't obvious enough that he'd just gotten out of the shower.

He took Arial by the hand and led her down to the foyer where Zachary was waiting with their guest. Jeanette had gone off to get the Mage something to drink, and Vicente didn't know what Richard was up to.

"So you are the Pietro that Arial was just telling me about," he said to the Mage, glaring daggers at him while he kept his tone at least somewhat cordial. "I thought you would have been more impressive." Was Vicente going to be nice? Oh heavens no.
Consulting Detective
Consulting Detective
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:58 pm

Pietro glared at the vampire clutching Arial's soft hand so possessively, this was not going to be easy, the vampire obvious had genuine feelings for her.
The handsome Italian redirected his gaze to Arial "Miss Kolette, be reasonable would you? This walking corpse could never make you happy, vampires are not capable of loving someone, they do not do relationships as I am sure he told you . Come now, Arial, come back to Louisiana and marry me, you will like Italy I am certain"

"I don't want to go to Italy" Arial insisted, taking a step back and molding her front against Vincente's back "I am staying right here with Vincente. Go home, Pietro, I do not want you"
The Italian scoffed "It will hardly matter. When this unfeeling thing breaks your heart, your father will insist you marry me. When that time comes, I will make you happy Arial, you will see in time that I was the right choice all along"

Pietro glared again at Vincente "What do you think you are doing anyway? You are a vampire, vampires do not enjoy relationships. Do you love her? I hardly think so"

x

Last edited by Kalon Ordona II on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post Length Rule Infraction. Author Intent says 25 sentences. Punctuation says 9.)
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Consulting Detective Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:18 pm

Vicente could not stand to listen to another word from that man's mouth. Just about everything the man had said pertaining to Vicente was true, and he gave a very dangerous growl before lunging at the Mage, his fingernails sharpening into small claws. His fangs had grown in as well, and it was a good thing that Zachary had already left the room before Pietro even spoke. Zachary and Jeanette were not aware that Vicente was a vampire.

Flat-out attacking someone was not Vicente's usually way of handling things. His mind was obviously being affected by Arial's blood, and he was attacking this Mage for both his sake and hers. The man had pissed him off and had angered Arial, so Vicente was going to make him pay. His speed was downright inhuman as he attacked, aiming a slash at Pietro's face.

x

Last edited by Kalon Ordona II on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post Length Rule Infraction: 8/10 sentences)
Consulting Detective
Consulting Detective
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next