FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Framed (Lamenting_Quill and Anubis)

2 posters

Go down

Framed  (Lamenting_Quill and Anubis) Empty Framed (Lamenting_Quill and Anubis)

Post by Lamenting_Quill Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:52 am

Jade glared down in sheer boredom at the quivering vampire lying whimpering upon the cold and frozen mid-November grass, his arm twisted awkwardly due to a rather ruthless break at the elbow. The prick brought it on himself.
Perhaps she was a bit jaded as her fellow hunters insisted, maybe she was a bit cold. People really ought to keep their big mouths shut. Especially this little piece of undead trash lying at her feet, sobbing like a little girl. It took all she had to keep from rolling her eyes.

“Quit your crying, you whimp” Jade insisted in great irritation “I’ve seen little werewolf cubs fiercer than you are. Talk about pathetic. You must be the laughing stock of the vampire community”
“Shut your hole, your back-stabbing whore!” The vampire sobbed at her, trying swipe at her legs with his good arm “You are one to talk!”
Her violet eyes turned as cold as the Atlantic icebergs “Care to elaborate? Or should I break your other arm too”

The pained vampire laughed at her despite the agony of his broken arm “Everyone knows how you make deals on occasion with the very beings you hunt in order to track down your specific quarry. You are a traitor in your own way, bitch!”
Jade considered his words as if he has just purposed lunch arrangements and nodded “Perhaps you are right, but ask me one thing… Do I care? Hell no would the perfect answer. Those stuck up prissy asses couldn’t get a damn thing done without me or my contacts. However, what you should be worrying about is whether or not I am going to kill you right now. Besides, Lord Demetrius don't want you killing his people without talkin to him first!”

The cocky expression upon the vampire’s strained face vanished to be replaced by a much more nervous expression “Now come on, a beautiful woman like you ought to have some ounce of mercy in you. I’ve learned my lesson, right? My broken arm and all, you know?”
“Oh no” Jade replied with a sadistic smile upon her sensual pale red mouth, her violet eyes twinkling with mischief “We are far from finished in teaching you a lesson. I am going to make sure you learn to never mouth off ever again after I have already been so gracious as to ignore your presence in that club for as long as I did. Vampires really should not have such big gaping mouths. As for Demetrius... He won't be a factor for very much longer anyway”

The vampire seemed to shrink into himself with sheer terror as Jade bent down to grab him.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

“Let me down, you crazy bitch!” The vampire screamed, trying to wriggle free from where he now hung upside down. Where was he exactly? Why this vampire hung from the awning over the front steps belonging the Paranomal Control Society. Jade couldn’t imagine a better comeback after all those snide comments about her lack of emotion they made at the company Christmas party last year. She wished she could see the expressions of those whom arrived first when they found the smart mouth vampire hanging from the office awning.
“Have fun” Jade crooned sarcastically as she gave a cheerful wave and a flip of her long silken ebony hair as she turned with a cheerful skip in her step.

“Yep” Jade acknowledged as she began her trek back to her apartment “I feel much better now”

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Jade stood by her answering machine with a look of lethal rage on her face, a close friend of hers from the PCS had just left her a message telling her that an important Ambassador for the vampire race had just been murdered as she had been on the verge of striking an important peace treaty that would have changed things forever, the part that created a problem for Jade? The slayer elders were blaming her.... her and the lord of New York's vamopires, Demetrius.
Apparently the elder slayers in charge of the PCS believed she and Demetrius went in on the murder together, Demetrius feeding Jade information as to where the ambassador would be and when.

Ridiculous! Her, actually associating with that undead bastard for any reason at all!
It seemed now though that she wouldn't have any other choice but to associate with the prick, working with him was going to be the only way the two of them were going to prove their innocence. She knew he had nothing to do with it too, being as she hadn't been receiving any of this 'information' he had been supposedly been giving her.
Someone got pissed about vampire and slayers potentially working together in the name of peace, someone whom had it in for both herself and Demetrius... figuring blaming them for the murder would be the easiest way to get rid of them both in one swoop.

She lifted her hand to take another look at the piece of paper she held, her friend had left her with a number she could reach Demetrius with.
Jade released a heavy sigh before she withdrew her cellphone from her pocket and dialed the number, she fought the urge the hang up when she heard the voice of the very vampire she wanted nothing more than to kill.
“Varonous... It's Parker... I am sure you already why I am calling, we need to meet, now”
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Framed  (Lamenting_Quill and Anubis) Empty Re: Framed (Lamenting_Quill and Anubis)

Post by Anubis Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:12 pm

“Varonous... It's Parker... I am sure you already know why I am calling, we need to meet, now”

Demetrius closed his eyes and rubbed at the space between them. He had been developing a headache there for hours now. She was only one person who had the audacity to call him by his familial name, that damned slayer everyone thought he was working with. He thought for a moment about how he'd come to this point.

He woke up while the sun was still up, an hour or so before sunset. He arrived at his court early and used the time to train himself a bit. Ever since he'd taken the title of Lord of New York from it's previous holder, he had been training only when others weren't around. After and hour of training, he decided to hold court.

Court had been the pretty normal fair: new vampires complaining about having been changed, small nest leaders wanting to expand territory, and reports of vampires supposedly killed by slayers. He also got a rumor that the Slayer Jade was after him personally. This bit of news had excited him, he hadn't had a good fight in a while.

There was also a meeting with an emissary of the High Council, a name that made Demetrius curl his lip. Back in the day, it was the King who held the power over all Vampires. Sadly he was just a figurehead now, and the High Council governed everything. He shuddered to think about pure politics entering their domain, he just didn't have it in him to try to get elected as the ruler of New York.

The emissary brought Demetrius shocking news, the High Council was in talks with the Slayers to bring a peace between them. There was an ambassador that was to meet with the Slayers that night and they would negotiate. He hated the idea of coming to a truce with the Humans, but he had to admit it would be nice to not have his people being killed left and right.

He finished his day like normal, getting ready to leave the Court when the Emissary busted through the doors. He was drawing on his nature, his forehead hardened and raised, his eyes an orange color, and his fangs fully drawn out. He had accused Demetrius of working with the Slayer Jade to have the ambassador killed and he was to be brought to the council for judgement. The poor Emissary didn't stand a chance, and was thrown against the wall as Demetrius made his escape.

He glanced back at the Cell Phone in his hand. He would have to replace it soon, as they could track him with it. His lip curled up a little, he really disliked that Slayer bitch, but he had no choice as they appeared to be in this together.

"Fine. I shall meet you, Slayer. Where and when? And do remember, the sun's coming up in a few hours so make this quick."
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Framed  (Lamenting_Quill and Anubis) Empty Re: Framed (Lamenting_Quill and Anubis)

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:36 pm

"Fine. I shall meet you, Slayer. Where and when? And do remember, the sun's coming up in a few hours so make this quick."

Jade couldn't help but smirk as she heard the blatant dislike in his voice, she remembered when they first met in one of his clubs and he'd tried hitting on her. Though to be fair, he had no idea at the time that she was a slayer.
"I'll come to you, it'll be at least a day and a half till they have everything organized enough to come after us. We aren't the average quarry after all, they'll need to play this smart and they know it" Jade replied and smiled deviously as she added before hanging up "I'll wear that purple dress that makes me look good enough to eat"

She chuckled as she clicked her cell phone off, that night at the club three years ago had been a moment she'd never forget. The illustrious Lord of New York's vampires approaching her with a genuine attraction.
It had all gone straight to hell from there, Jade had merely smiled and withdrew her PCS card from her purse. It identified her as a slayer.
'I like my men with a pulse' She had told him before she patted his cheek with mock sympathy and walking out of the club, she had humiliated him in public and he'd hated her ever since.

That was fine with her to be honest, vampires had murdered her folks when she was very young, so there was no chance in hell of ever hooking up with one. Even if only for a one night stand. Not going to happen, ever.
Many encounters had come after that over the past three years, but none of them as uneventful as the first.
Jade had stopped many of Demetrius's less than legal business operations and had ended up in a tussle with him personally, it seemed if anyone was going to take her down, he was determined it be him.

Jade smiled to herself as she reached for her black tailored leather jacket, she wasn't really going to put on that purple dress he'd liked, it just was a joke to indirectly rub it in his face that she had rejected him once. Anything to make him flush red, if vampires even could.
"I am going to break someones neck when we find out who is behind this" Jade said to herself as she grabbed the keys to her mercedes-benz from her kitchen table, she may have preferred a low key apartment, but she liked riding in style and she could more than afford it.

The drive to Demetrius's penthouse had taken maybe about an hour, but she arrived with three hours of darkness left available to them.
Knocking at the door, Jade called out "Varonous, it's Parker. Open the door, not like I am much looking forward to seeing you either"
In truth, Jade would admit that Demetrius was more than attractive to her, but her standards make him absolutely unacceptable to have any kind of relationship with. Jade had her pride, the one thing no one could take from her.

Eye candy, thats all he was... well, up until she chopped off his head. Which she fully intended to do once this whole mess was over.
They unfortunately needed each other right now if they going to solve this.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:06 am

"Varonous, it's Parker. Open the door, not like I am much looking forward to seeing you either"

Demetrius stood on the other side of the door, hatred rising in his mind. It wasn't like his blood could boil, so that was the best he could do. He glanced at the security monitor, observing the slayer fidgeting annoyingly. Despite the danger they faced and the urgency of their missing, he allowed himself to make her wait a little as he enjoyed how annoyed she was getting.

He remembered all to well the public blow she had dealt him years ago. He had to kill three slayers that night to regain face in front of his clan. How was he supposed to keep up with which of the kine were slayers? She had entered his club and asked for him after all, which really should have been a red flag, but Demetrius hadn't exactly been thinking with his brain at that moment.

Jade Parker had been a thorn in his side ever since. She was clever, brave, and tough. And she seemed to have it out for Demetrius, breaking up his dealings left and right. They had even fought a few times, and she was good. She was the only slayer he'd met that could actually hold their own against him.

All of that, and she was beautiful. Even now he couldn't deny that. He thought that all the toughness and attitude only added to her, filling in more of the picture. He certainly had wanted her the night they met, but now he loathed her. There was no way anything could happen between them, but he could at least appreciate the beauty in front of him.

After the third time she knocked and yelled, he finally opened the door and gestured her in. He had changed out of his suit and was dressed in dark blue jeans, a black "Vampires don't sparkle" tee shirt, and his signature black trench coat. His hair was also in a tighter ponytail than usual and he was holding a small mirror in his hand. He held it up to show Jade's reflection. He nodded, seeming to find what he was looking for with this and tossed the mirror into the hall, a small breaking sound echoing down the empty hall.

"Sorry about that, had to make sure you hadn't switched sides since our little chat. The High Council is looking to turn you in order to get answers."
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:46 pm

"Sorry about that, had to make sure you hadn't switched sides since our little chat. The High Council is looking to turn you in order to get answers."

Jade rolled her eyes as he tossed the mirror behind him, he could be so immature sometimes. She walked around him and entered the penthouse.
"Oh please, as if they could" Kiara scoffed as she headed for the living room "Now come on, we have much to talk about before we get the hell out of here. We can't stick around where they know to look for us until we have all of this figured out"

She didn't wait for him to ask her to sit, that was just a few more seconds longer of being in front of him that she didn't want to endure, so she chose an end on his cushy black leather sofa and sat down.
Her violet eyes were trained on him as he entered the living room after her, it really was a pity he was a member of the undead, he was rather sexy in her opinion. That scar he had just made him look tough and alpha. Very hot.

That aside however, there much more important matters to be discussed.
"So far all we know if that both our sides are accusing us of taking part in a murder of a vampire ambassador that neither one of us laid a finger on. What we need to think about is whom exactly might have a reason to want the both of us out of the picture. I considered a few of the slayer elders that openly protested a treaty between us, maybe you and I were just convenient to lay the blame on and in their positions of power... I don't know, I have considered many different possibilities. How about you? Any ideas?"

He almost looked adorable in the Twilight inspired T-shirt, the trench coat gave him back some of his edge, but she couldn't help but see this ensemble as his 'play clothes'.
She glanced at her watch, Luke would be at her apartment in an hour and a half. Luke had been the worker from the PCS that had tipped her off, he had asked her out the previous day and asked this evening in they were still on.
Jade had remembered that Luke liked to cook and after what he'd done for her, she couldn't exactly tell him she had better things to do. Besides, he wasn't lacking in the good looks department with his sunshine gold locks falling in relaxed curls to his ears and his sky blue eyes. Body wasn't bad either, but no where near...

No! No comparing potential boyfriends to Demetrius Varonous, that's how irritatingly undeniable attraction blossomed and grew.
Besides, it wasn't like Demetrius was having a hard time not wanting to jump into the sack with her... So why give him another thought.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:51 am

Demetrius furrowed his brow in thought. His list of enemies was rather long and filled with many vicious creatures. However, the more he thought about it, the less likely most of them seemed to pull of something like this. It was possible it could be one of the Dukes from lower down the line, or someone within the High Council.

"Well, it clearly is someone who has something to gain by keeping the hostilities and also by getting us both out of the way. It's a little too well done to just be a convenience that you and I were drawn into this. It's possible there's either a 3rd party involved here or there's a team up on both sides."

He dropped himself across the arms on the large leather chair next to the couch. Standing and watching Jade sit there was a little tempting, she was both distractingly attractive and he could see the blood moving through her carotid. Also, something was getting her blood pumping, he could see the pulse quickening.

He shook his head and brought his thoughts back together. For all he knew, she was part of this and was just playing the victim here. He couldn't let himself fall off guard again, or things could go very badly for him.

Either way, whomever is involved in this, we can't go about our normal lives. I'm reasonably sure they will know where we live and work. I've already prepared all my things and am going to move locations soon. I found a place that no-one knows about. You should do the same, I'm pretty sure if I was able to find out about your little apartment on the East side, they can too.

He gave a slight smirk at this. He knew she wasn't aware that he had tracked her home down after their last fight.
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:35 pm

Either way, whomever is involved in this, we can't go about our normal lives. I'm reasonably sure they will know where we live and work. I've already prepared all my things and am going to move locations soon. I found a place that no-one knows about. You should do the same, I'm pretty sure if I was able to find out about your little apartment on the East side, they can too.

Clever bastard... She had to give him props with how he was constantly matching wits with her, this was a side of him she'd never known when they first met... Though Jade did still have her pride...
He was not worthy enough yet, a vampire had to have some serious bonus points to them before she would ever consider dating one, there had to be some huge compensation for lack of pulse.
“Well done, Varonous. What you planning? To ravish me in my bed? As if you could” Jade replied back swiftly, hiding her irritation that he had actually located her “Anyway, we should probably stay with each other until this is sorted out. Gives us the ability to keep a better eye on each other and increases our chances of solving this, two intelligent minds is better than just one in cases like this. Two eyes to watch where the others eyes cannot. Send me the location of your safe house on my emergency cell, I made absolutely sure the council would never know I had it, it was strictly in case something like this ever happened and I needed a way to contact Lu.. someone I trust”

After her point was made, Jade stood up from the sofa and smiled to herself when she could feel his eyes burning on her rump, he did say before that he liked her ass. Just right, he'd said.
It gave Jade an idea, something that would give her the last laugh before she departed to get her stuff together. This would definitely shut him up for a bit, she knew he was still hot for her, any idiot could see it. It's why he hated her so passionately, because she had rejected him, something she was sure no woman had ever dared to do before her. He hated her, because he still wanted her. Jade was sure of that.

Jade turned and leaned down, a sexy smirk crossing her lips. Then before he had a chance to question what she was doing, Jade swooped down and captured his lips with her own, fueling the kiss with all of the sexual frustration this infuriating man gave her. She almost hoped this would give her closure and end the attraction. No such luck though apparently, because if she didn't stop soon, she would probably be in bed with the filthy leech.

Quickly, Jade ended the kiss as swiftly as it had come and backed away, her frustration thoroughly masked behind a look of triumph.
Jade turned around made her way to the door, she twisted the door knob and opened it to let the moonlight pour in “Enjoy it. That small taste of what you will never have”
Satisfied, Jade made her exit, there was much to be done before she went into hiding with Demetrius. Hopefully they could get this case solved quickly, she had never before been this attracted to him and it scared her as much as it frustrated her.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:53 pm

“Enjoy it. That small taste of what you will never have”

Demetrius was fuming. She had played him well and they both knew it. It only added to his fury that she had clearly caught him looking at her ass. As he stewed in his anger, a thought occurred to him. She had stopped herself from saying a name. A name that started with an L and a long U. He thought about names that could start that way; Lucius, Luke, Luanne, Lucille. This was getting him no-where.

He got up and went to his study, checking the notes he had on all the Slayers and PCS people he had dealt with. The file with Jade's name on it was particularly large. He had been told that he was the sort who held grudges, he chose to ignore such talk and opened the folder. He found a mention of a Luke and decided to take a stab at it. He owed Jade for the ego hit.

Jade received a text from a new number with the address of Demetrius's hide-away and the following message: There's the address, I'm heading there myself shortly. Oh, and make sure you don't tell Luke about our kiss. He might get jealous.

Smirking at himself, he gathered his things and left on foot, taking the roofs of nearby buildings to increase his travel speed.
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:18 pm

When Jade arrived back at her apartment, Luke was already there waiting for her, from the way he moved about... he was making sure there were no bugs planted in Jade's apartment. It made her smile, he was always thinking about her.
He often said that someone had to after he learned she had no living family, he did not want her to feel alone. Luke also confessed love to her, but Jade wasn't ready to decide yet whether or not she loved Luke back, let alone accepted him as her boyfriend.

She had to smile as she set her keys down on the kitchen table, wouldn't that just make Demetrius steam if she had a gorgeous golden blonde haired boyfriend.
"Hey you" Jade said as she entered her living room, smiling humorously as Luke was bent over her ficus plant and looking through the leaves "I just watered that today, no bugs there. Promise"
He gasped in shock as he never heard Jade come in, he smiled when he saw her "Hey Jade, Chinese stir fry with baby corn sound good?"

Luke really was a great cook and he always saved his best recipes for impressing her, it was very sweet "Sure Luke, sounds tasty"
She glanced down at her coat pocket when her cell phone began to beep at her, indicating a text message. She withdrew it from her pocket and pressed the read button.

There's the address, I'm heading there myself shortly. Oh, and make sure you don't tell Luke about our kiss. He might get jealous.

Her smile left her face, that jealous little prick... he must have noticed she nearly said a name, guessed it was a man's name and did some digging.
She quickly texted back: Sounds to me like you are the one whom is jealous. After all, it's Luke cooking me dinner tonight and spending the whole evening wooing me, did I mention he has a pulse?

There, that ought to wipe that smug look right off his delicious mouth. Yes, Jade would admit that Demetrius had a scrumptious mouth perfect for kissing. It was maddening, because she wanted him to kiss her again, though she'd never admit that aloud.
“You okay, Jade?” Luke asked, distracting her from her thoughts of Demetrius “Something happen with Lord Varonous?”
Did something happen? Other than making out with the leech and surprisingly liking it? Not really. “Nah, it went fine. We are going into hiding together until we can solve this and catch the culprit behind this lie” Jade replied, leaving out her brief make-out session with Demetrius “We'll fix this”

Luke nodded, a half smile on his handsome face, he knew this was necessary... but damn, he knew all too well that Lord Varonous had the hots for Jade and had for three years.
Three years of pent of yearning and sexual frustration... wishing every girl you had intimacies with was someone else... that was really frustrating for a guy...
“Just be careful, Jade. You know he wants you, don't let him seduce you” Luke said, walking towards the kitchen “You go ahead and get together what you need. I'll cook and then we can eat a nice dinner together... with candles perhaps?”
Jade smiled at Luke's adorable attempt at turning this into a romantic candlelight dinner, she merely kissed him on the cheek and made her way towards her bedroom to pack a bag clothes and other female things.
As she closed her door behind her and pulled a large lavender duffel bag from her closet, Jade moved to her dresser to grab undergarments, never before had she been so aware that every piece she owned was sensual and seductive. Well, at least Demetrius would never know about them, so it wasn't like he was going to get the chance to get a hard on over them.
She packed quickly, making sure she had enough clothes and female products, she needed her tropical sunset deodorant. It was her favorite.
Jade returned from her room and came into the living, dropping her bag onto the sofa. The delicious smell of stir fry hit her nose and she just about drooled, she was more hungry than she thought. Perhaps
skipping lunch had been a bad idea.

“You know, it's really early in the morning... I really appreciate you still coming down here to feed me” Jade said, approaching where Luke stood at the stove “That smells divine”
Luke beamed at her compliment, his sky blue eyes sparkling with mirth, he would at least have this over that undead leech. He seriously doubted cooking was a pastime for the undead and Jade definitely enjoyed ethnic cooking.
“It'll be done in a few minutes, grab some plates and silverware?” Luke asked, smiling cheerfully at Jade.
Jade nodded with a smile and went about her task, she would enjoy this time with a friend before she had to spend who knew how long with an three year enemy.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:41 pm

Demetrius decided to make a pitstop on his way to the loft. He had received Jade's text claiming he was jealous and it had put him in a bad mood. Was he jealous? Granted, he had wanted Jade since he'd met her, but it was just lust. Wasn't it?

He didn't really think he was capable of real feelings anymore, but that kiss had stirred something long asleep within him. He just needed to get his jollies, and he would be fine again.

He went to an off the path club, which was still going strong this close to sunrise. He checked his watch, he still had two hours. He smiled as he pulled out a pair of sunglasses, expensive of course, and put them on. He used his attitude and presence to walk past the bouncer and into the club without a single word. This wasn't one of his clubs, but most people reacted to body language and his said he was in charge.

A quick scan of the room showed him a few girls all alone and looking at him with much interest. He smiled and approached the bar, putting a wad of cash on the bar in front of him and noticing several women moving closer to him. This was like shooting fish in a barrel.

The alley was quiet and secluded, a perfect place for the kill. The girl was all over him, kissing him with a lot of passion. To Demetrius's dismay, the kisses had little feeling for him and only made him think of Jade again. He let her continue, thinking this was leading towards intimate relations.

He had considered taking this to that point, but decided it was too much hassle right now. He would feed and move on, he needed to make sure the loft was still secure.

The girl looked up and her eyes went wide with fear. Demetrius's forehead was hardened and his eyes were now yellow. The girl tried to scream, but was too scared. She shook on the spot and fell to the ground, he legs failing her. Demetrius brought his teeth to her neck, anticipation of the feeding growing so strong it was hard to think of anything else.

"Like shooting fish in a barrel"

Demetrius arrived at the loft and found it empty, as he expected. Feeling energetic from his feeding, he was still drawing from the Demon inside. He moved quicker than normal humans could see and did a quick circle around the place. No vampires had been here, and he couldn't sense the taint of anyone who had been working with the vampires. That still didn't mean it was perfect, but it was all he had at the moment. He went inside and left a key under the mat for Jade. The bed in the master bedroom upstairs was calling his name.
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:13 pm

Luke watched from the window of Jade's living room as she took off in her beloved luxury car to Lord Varonous's safe house, it drove him nuts that the filthy leech was going to have so much alone time with Jade.
There was nothing he could do about it for now, but when Jade returned with her name cleared, Luke would do all he could to win her heart for himself, no walking corpse was going to beat him in the game of love. He had seen Jade first.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

When Jade arrived, she parked her car in the garage before she made her way to the loft's door. When she found it locked, common sense led her to check beneath the mat for a key, which she smiled when she found.
"He thought of me, how sweet" Jade murmured humorously as she unlocked the door and entered with a chuckle.

She dropped her bag by the door and made her way into the living room, she would just crash on the sofa until Demetrius woke up and told her where she'd be sleeping during this time together. She had kahunas, but wandering someone else's home was just plain rude, even if it did belong to a leech.

This was going to be tough, she couldn't understand why in all these three years had she never experienced this crap before from him.
It didn't matter much anymore now, she supposed, the here and now was important and she needed to refrain from giving into these desires until she was able to maintain distance between herself and Demetrius. She was sure that after there was distance between them, these... desires... would surely go away.

"If the heavens have any mercy, let me get out of this without sleeping with the lord of New York's vampires" Jade groaned before she fell onto the sofa and allowed her eyes to close, her mind drifting off into slumber.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:28 pm

Demetrius awoke with a start. He had been having some terrible dreams. Having dreams in and of itself was odd for him, but the ones he was having...

He shuddered and got out of the bed, a large one with really nice sheets, and tried not to think about it. He left the bedroom and found the sun was still up. He looked down, seeing he was only wearing a pair of jeans, and decided he would be fine like this.

He made his way downstairs, avoiding any direct sunlight. Not that this was difficult, the place only had three or four windows and they had been darkened for him.

When he hit the bottom of the stairs, he inhaled and caught her scent. Based on it's location, she hadn't looked around the place any. He found this odd, he'd figured she would be the type to snoop around.

He found her asleep on the couch, looking rather innocent when not threatening him. He shook his head and walked off, no matter his feelings he absolutely refused to be THAT sort of vampire.

He entered the giant Kitchen and looked around. He hadn't ever stepped foot in here, and it was nice. Knowing he was to have a human companion, he'd ordered some food through an unknown alias and the place was now stocked. Not to mention, he occasionally enjoyed the taste of food, even if it couldn't sustain him.

Well, she was a guest in his house and he was her host, by the Old Laws he had to see to her protection and well being. He set about making breakfast.
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:21 pm

Jade smiled in her sleep, she was having the best dream about Demetrius and to her, dreams were free to explore as long as she behaved when awake.
It had started out as one of their typical scuffles and slowly began to turn erotic as Demetrius turned his fighting into a seduction. It was nice in her opinion to be seduced by an attractive man, to feel so incredibly sexy and desired.

It was only a dream though and it was going to stay that way, Jade would never take a vampire for a boyfriend, or even a one night stand. Not happening.
Her mind was pulled however from the stimulating dream when the delicious aroma of bacon, sausage and hash browns hit her nose, someone was aware of her dislike of eggs...
Her lids lifted to reveal sleepy violet orbs, she sat up with a cat-like stretch and yawned as she gracefully tossed her legs off the sofa and got to her feet.

She walked across the living towards the smell of delicious breakfast and it eventually led her to the next room, the dining room with an attached kitchen.. There was Demetrius, cooking away, seemingly oblivious at the moment to her presence.
Jade grinned as she decided it might be fun to mess with him, she came up behind him and pressed her delectable body up against his back, her arms wrapping around his waist.

She wanted to giggle when she felt him stiffen and she purred seductively against his ear "Making me breakfast, baby? That's so hot"
Jade giggled after that and removed herself from him, taking a few steps back to give him some room, a humorous smirk curved her kissable lips.
"You're up a little bit earlier than I would have thought" She said, completely ignoring the fact that she might have just given him a serious boner, which she found hilarious.

"Want some help?" She asked, moving over to the pan of shredded hash browns.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:25 pm

Demetrius took a moment to recover from the comment. She had clearly meant it to have this effect and was messing with him. Unfortunately this brought up his dreams and he remembered this one where they were fighting and it turned a bit erotic.

He cleared his thoughts and looked up at Jade, her smirk still in place.

"I always wake up when the sun is still up. I only generally sleep about 7 or 8 hours like yourself. The Older Ones require more sleep, but I have a few centuries before I reach that point."

He smiled and moved a little to the side, allowing her to assist with the food. It had been a while since Demetrius had cooked food, but it was like riding a bike. Also, he found the experience oddly cathartic. When they finished the food, he turned to Jade.

"It probably goes without saying, but I am a creature of habit. Under the Old Laws, I Demetrius Altmerus Varonous, The Lord of the New York Vampires do hereby welcome you as a guest in my home, offering all the implications that entails, until we are through with this mess."

He figured Jade would find this sort of thing stupid, but as a Vampire, he was bound to his word. With this promise, he was openly declaring that he would not only do nothing to harm Jade here, he would also put himself at risk to protect her while here as well. He was hoping that keeping things formal like this would help with the mounting sexual tension.

He carried the food into the dining room and set it on the table. He didn't own any sort of hotpads, but then again he didn't really need them. When the food was in place, he ran upstairs and returned a moment later with a tee-shirt on. This one was a Red Cross Volunteer shirt.
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:03 am

"It probably goes without saying, but I am a creature of habit. Under the Old Laws, I Demetrius Altmerus Varonous, The Lord of the New York Vampires do hereby welcome you as a guest in my home, offering all the implications that entails, until we are through with this mess."

"Cute" was Jade's only reply, a small smile tugging at the corners of her lush mouth "Kind of like your ass, real cute"
She thoroughly enjoyed the tortured look on his face as he was clearly trying to behave himself and watched him grab a few dishes and carry them towards the dining room, she followed after him after gathering up two plates and two pairs of silverware.

Once everything was set and secure on the dining room table, Demetrius was gone in a flash. She had to guess it was to put on some proper clothing.
After Demetrius took off upstairs, Jade sat down at the dining room table and helped herself with some of the yummy food onto one of the available plates provided. She still had to know how he knew she didn't like eggs.

She looked up in time see Demetrius return wearing black jeans that hugged his butt and groin deliciously, his shirt however kind of made her want to giggle from the sheer irony.
He wore a Red Cross Volunteer shirt, a vampire... volunteering for the Red Cross, now that was hilarious.
"Well, well" Jade said, her face baring a sexy grin "That must have been an interesting experience for you. Does anyone else know you did that?"

Jade sort of chuckled a bit afterwards and make a motion with her hand for him to join her "I'm only kidding, come and sit down. I am starved and it's hard to eat with someone staring at you"
'Even if the guy in question has a nice tight toosh' Jade thought to herself as she averted her eyes down to the food on her plate, she grinned a bit at her thoughts... He really did have a nice butt.

"So, I was thinking once the sun goes down, we might start our investigation, unless of course you think we should lay low a few days before venturing out" Jade spoke up, fixing her smoldering violet eyes on him "What are your thoughts?"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:06 pm

"So, I was thinking once the sun goes down, we might start our investigation, unless of course you think we should lay low a few days before venturing out. What are your thoughts?"

Demetrius thought about it for a moment. Staying low would be a good idea, but going out to investigate might get this over with quickly. He hated to admit it, but he was enjoying Jade's company and that could only end badly.

"Seems to me we need to get out there and find out what's going on. I have an idea on a couple of vamps we could shakedown, try to get our bearings. You come up with a few people on your side we could question as well."

He grabbed some of the food, putting it on a plate and enjoying the taste of it. He realised that he hadn't made any eggs, hating the things himself, and wondered if Jade minded. He also was hoping the subject of the Red Cross shirt would get blown over. He hadn't thought about it at the time, but when she pointed it out he had been afraid. His secret project was none of her business, and she wouldn't understand why he was doing it.

After the meal, he gave Jade a tour of the loft. It had three rooms upstairs, the massive kitchen, the living and dining room, a sunroom that had been boarded up, and two massive bathrooms.

"Well, we still have a few hours to sundown. I'm going to clean up, you might want to do the same. After sundown, we'll go inflict some pain."
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:31 pm

"Seems to me we need to get out there and find out what's going on. I have an idea on a couple of vamps we could shakedown, try to get our bearings. You come up with a few people on your side we could question as well."

Jade nodded, her violet eyes turning serious as she considered in her mind the possibilities.
"There are a few as the PCS and then a few my contacts that could have something to do with it, some not so savory. Didn't think so highly of you, which I found odd since they were under your power, never questioned it before now. Never had a reason until now"
It disturbed Jade to think about it, but she also suspected some of the higher up members of the slayer council, they would be harder to get to and also... She couldn't fathom why they'd want her dead or why they'd go through an innocent ambassador to do it. Then there was the subject of Demetrius, there had to be some kind of connection and reasoning she couldn't see.

She was silent the rest of the meal, only speaking when Demetrius engaged her in conversation.
Jade lifted the last of her hash browns into her mouth only a few seconds after Demetrius finished his own breakfast
He had stood then, insisting on giving her a tour of his loft. It was nice place, she had to admit that, it was quite comfortable what two big bathrooms and that wonderful kitchen downstairs.

He turned to her as they were heading to go back downstairs at the end of the tour.
"Well, we still have a few hours to sundown. I'm going to clean up, you might want to do the same. After sundown, we'll go inflict some pain."

Jade nodded and gave Demetrius a sexy smirk "Sounds like fun, can't wait. You sure know how to show a girl a good time, Varonous"
She kissed his cheek and was heading down to the stairs before he could respond, a smirk gracing her lush sensual lips. It was so much fun to pick on him like that, he was so effected.
Then again, so was she, but he'd never get her to admit it. Never. That destroy all her excuses of refusing a relationship with him, her pride just would not allow that.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:53 pm

Demetrius stood under the running water. It was very cold. He had been there for a while, trying to get his emotions under control. That kiss had been meant to mess with him, but his feelings were getting out of control. He was the Lord of New York after all! Why would any woman, let alone a slayer, make him feel like this?

He closed his eyes and pushed away thoughts of Jade. He had to focus right now. The Red Cross. That was probably why he had been dragged into this. He would have to find out who else knew about his little project. He also really wanted to know why Jade had been included in this little plot. Someone really didn't like her out there.

He left the shower and walked into the Master Bedroom. He had some clothes set out and he looked them over for a moment. It dawned on him that he was actually trying to pick out clothes for busting some heads. He sighed at himself and put on one of his cheaper three-piece suits. It was black and grey, and he wore it with a red tie. There was a gold pocket-watch chain coming from the vest pocket and he had some sort of silver looking cufflinks on the shirt. He nodded at the empty mirror and left the room, wondering how long it would take Jade to be ready.
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:59 pm

Jade stood in the room she'd been given for the duration of this mission, riffling through the bag she had tossed onto the bed.
She withdrew a black form fitting leather vest with a matching pair of black leather pants, the attire allowed her excellent movement in fights as well as greatly enhancing her already high sex appeal. Only just a small portion of mid-riff was visible, but she was not the least bit worried.
She finished the ensemble with a pair of knee high boots with a low but appealing heel, it wouldn't hinder her and allowed her to still look good.

Jade moved to stand in front of the full length mirror the room provided after she grabbed her make-up bag from the top of the dresser.
Carefully, she applied a very light layer of eyeliner with a small Egyptian style tail at the corners of her eyes, completing the look with a light dusting of lavender eye shadow.
The very last touch a single layer of a sexy blood red lipstick to enhance her striking features; It was hardly a crime to look the part of the fem fatal when kicking ass.

Though to be perfectly honest, Jade wasn't sure at all why she cared whether or not she looked desirable, it wasn't like anyone but her quarry and Demetrius would see her this night.
"Stop it, Jade" She scolded herself "You absolutely cannot be attracted to Demetrius Varonous! He's hardly decent boyfriend material, he lacks a beating heart for crying out loud"

Deciding that her little personal pep talk would suffice for the present time, Jade grabbed her favored katana from the bed and exited the room to find Demetrius.
"Varonous, you ready?" She called out, fastened the strap of her katana's sheath across her chest so the sheathed blade rested against her back.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:22 pm

"Varonous, you ready?"

Demetrius was sitting at the bottom of the stairs, a well polished cane in his hand. He was absentmindedly tapping the end against his shoe. The cane made a very distinct metallic sound when he did this, like there was a long piece of metal inside the cane's body.

Demetrius stood and smiled at Jade, she looked really good in leather.

"Indeed. The sun just set, so we are good to go."

He led Jade into the kitchen, confusing her as they went. He bit back a smile, he had done this on purpose. In the pantry, he pulled on the light fixture and the fake back wall slid away to reveal a large set of stairs. With a smirk at Jade, he led the way down into the darkness.

The stairs were lit with some sort of fiber-optics, so there wasn't any missing of steps, but there wasn't enough light to see where this led. After a bit of going down, they went through some sort of stone doorway. Demetrius flicked on a light and the room blazed to life. It was a massive garage filled with different models of cars.

"Well, we can take whichever, not a big deal to me. Here's the question though, do we wish to go together or split up?"
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:47 pm

When Jade caught sight of Demetrius at the bottom of the, she had to make sure there wasn't any drool at the corner of her lush sensual mouth, he looked downright delicious and that just did not bode well for Jade's determination to ignore an attraction to him.

"Indeed. The sun just set, so we are good to go."

She followed him down a confusing path through the kitchen and then into the pantry, Jade had to color herself impressed when he pulled on a light cord to reveal a set of stairs behind a fake wall.
With any other vampire, Jade would be cautious with following him down into the darkness, but she knew Varonous not only needed her right now... he also wanted her, he wasn't going to kill her any time soon.

They eventually passed through a stone doorway and she heard Demetrius flick on a light, which illuminated a garage filled with several different cars, she couldn't decide which one she wanted to drive first. The bastard probably knew her weakness for pretty cars and was trying impress her.... fine, one point for the hot vampire with the pretty cars.

"Well, we can take whichever, not a big deal to me. Here's the question though, do we wish to go together or split up?"

Jade thought about it, but she knew it was best that they travel together, less chance of walking into any traps with no back up.
"We'll go together I think, I'm still considering my list of idiots that messed with the wrong pissed off woman" Jade replied, looking to Demetrius and take one more appreciative look over of the way his delicious body looked in that suit.

This wasn't going to be good, Jade knew she shouldn't be having thoughts like this about her nemesis of three years, but it just wouldn't stop.
Well, she would just have to feel Demetrius out on this scorching attraction between them and if he was feeling the same as she was... well... he might be a walk corpse, but at least he was a hot one with a sharp mind.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:45 pm

It took all of his willpower not to stare at her when they had entered the garage. She looked amazing in that suit and he was one to appreciate such things.

"We'll go together I think, I'm still considering my list of idiots that messed with the wrong pissed off woman."

Demetrius nodded and grabbed a key off of a large case on the wall. There appeared to be enough keys for all the cars here and then some. He smirked at Jade as lifted the keys.

"Well, let's ride in style then."

He hit a button on the keys and somewhere an engine roared to life. It was loud and clearly powerful. Demetrius was gone in a flash of motion and made his way to the car with immense speed. He wanted to give the effect of rolling up to Jade in this particular car. He shouldn't be trying to impress her, it's not like they were going to get together, but he couldn't fight the desire anyway.

He rolled the Porsche up to the spot where Jade was standing and got out with a bow. He walked around to the car and opened the door for her, gesturing to it.

"Shall we?"
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:49 pm

He nodded to her reply and went to a large case on the wall and grabbed one of the many small sets of keys, he smirked at her in a way that set her desires aflame. It took much to not to let it show, it wasn't time yet.

"Well, let's ride in style then."

Jade watched him hit a button on the small remote attached the key chain and she heard an engine come to life somewhere in the garage.
Before she could say anything to Demetrius to question him about it, he was gone and had dashed into the mass of cars with the vampire speed she was all too familiar with, it made her imagine what he'd be like in the bedroom...

Before the raven haired beauty could think over that tantalizing thought a moment more, Demetrius rolled in up in a sleek and sexy black Porsche.
She chuckled when he got out of the car and bowed in an almost seductive manner and then moved to open the door of the car, gesturing for her to enter.

"Shall we?"

"Dare I say there is a spacious back seat?" Jade purred seductively at him as she was slipping into the passenger seat, she just couldn't resist flirting with him one last time before they got down to business.
She was considering that when they returned to the loft, she would bring up this attraction that was roaring into a passionate existence between them and if he felt it too... Well hell, at least she wasn't trying to date a demon or something like that...
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:34 am

"Dare I say there is a spacious back seat?"

Demetrius raised and eyebrow and gave a smirk.

Surprisingly so. You'd be quite amazed at how much space there is for certain...activities back there."

He put the car in gear and they sped off into the night. The ride was very smooth, and they were driving way faster than they should. Demetrius's vampire senses seemed to serve him well when navigating the roads at 120+ MPH. The city was a blur of light and sound, the way Demetrius was most familiar. He took a bit of comfort in this sort of movement, feeling like he was in a different world. He glanced over a few times and Jade appeared to be enjoying it herself. He made a couple of circuits around, mostly for show but also to lose any followers they may have picked up. The Penthouse wasn't on his books, but that didn't mean someone with more resources couldn't find it.

Eventually, he slowed down to a more reasonable rate and turned to Jade.

"Where to first, my dear Slayer?"
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:59 pm

Surprisingly so. You'd be quite amazed at how much space there is for certain...activities back there."

His sexy smirk sent seductive chills down her spine, it made her want to jump him right then and there, but it would remedied soon enough, she would be trying out that backseat by the end of this night. Jade was pretty much through torturing herself.

He put the cat into gear and they sped off into the star kissed night, Jade loved how smooth the car drove, the speed they were going at what thrilling. They had to be going at least 100 to 120 MPH, he seemed to be having fun and she would be lying if she didn't admit to be enjoying this herself.

He slowed down eventually once they were sure they had no followers, he turned to her and inquired where exactly they should go.
"You tell me, we are hunting down your suspects tonight after all" Jade replied, she was quiet a moment before she spoke again "Call me crazy, I have no idea where this came from, but I want you"

She decided to let him give her his reply in another way once they'd stopped, when she leaned over and pressed her lips to his, a soft moan escaping her as she indulged in her desires that had been mercilessly tormenting her.
His mouth tasted as amazing as before, she knew she should throw herself off a cliff before having a relationship with a vampire, but there was no turning back now and Jade wasn't sure she wanted to.
"We have time" Jade purred softly against his lips "Backseat?"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:29 pm

"Call me crazy, I have no idea where this came from, but I want you"

Demetrius was caught off guard by this. He considered it for a moment, she could have just been messing with him again. But it was possible she was telling the truth. He had to consider for a moment what that could mean, he hadn't felt for anyone since he first met her.

Demetrius pulled the car to a stop and opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by hers. There was a lot of passion in that kiss, passion that was returned by the vampire. After what seemed like an eternity, they broke off and she purred in his ear.

"We have time, backseat?"

Ever fiber in his being wanted to go into that backseat and explore this growing passion. He mentally say himself slide back there, waiting for her. But he stopped himself. There would be plenty of time for this sort of thing when they got back to the safe-house. Right now, it would just be a distraction.

"As much as I would love that, and believe me, I really would. I fear it would just distract us from the moment at hand. If you are still interested later, I'm all aboard for exploring this further."
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:38 pm

"As much as I would love that, and believe me, I really would. I fear it would just distract us from the moment at hand. If you are still interested later, I'm all aboard for exploring this further."

Jade considered what he said and he was absolutely right, they had something important to do right now and once they got back to the safe house later, they could kiss each other senseless all they wanted.
She secretly grinned as she entertained the idea of perhaps a little more going on than a bit of heavy kissing, after all, she had three years of pent up sexual frustration with this man.

"You're right, we'll do what we have to do here, kick some tail and take names, then when we get back..." She gave him a small little sexy smile "You're all mine, Varonous.... Now, whose ass are we kicking first?"
She couldn't help but look Demetrius over one more time and internally shivered with wanting him, this vampire had stirred her as no other man ever had in her entire life since puberty hit. Even though she knew she should be against this, Jade was fully aware now that this thing between her and Varonous... it was by no means going to be short term. Nothing this powerful ever was.

The only ones that would be truly upset by her being with Demetrius would be the council, though they really couldn't do anything about it and at this point, even after her named was cleared and everything was all good, she didn't give a rats ass what they thought.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down