FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iscariot Division

+2
Digital Muse
Anubis
6 posters

Go down

Iscariot Division Empty Iscariot Division

Post by Anubis Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:36 am

~Taken from the personal Journal of Dante Shirgin. October, 10th, 2012~

There's something going on. The lunatics say the world is going to end in a few months. Personally, I hope they're right. After the losses we saw in Japan last year, I don't know if what we're doing is right anymore. Nonetheless, I still have some of my debt to pay off to the Vatican; but once it's paid I'm out of here. It seems that some of the things in The Vault are trying to get out, we may have a treasure hunt on our hands soon. Won't that be a nice change of pace? Now I'm told I will have to babysit the new recruits. Jesus, this deal keeps getting worse all the time.

Throughout the years there have been people pop up with different talents than normal people. There have been reported cases of people moving things with their minds, and flying around on their own power. These cases have been kept secret from the public at large by a group that falls under the Vatican. Technically, they do not exist, allowing the Vatican plausible deniability in the odd cases they deal with.

The Vatican has been seeking out these people with special talents lately. Most people are visited by a mysterious figure that gives them a date and location, nothing more. You have received such an invitation. What secrets does the Vatican hold beneath it's surface?

Some stuff about the world:

Magic: It exists and anyone can learn it, but some people have more talent for it than others. When one starts learning magic, they are sworn to use their magic in secret and keep it hidden from normal people. A lot can be done with magic, but it requires a lot of focus and determination to use correctly.

Artifacts: There are powerful items in the world that grant the user special abilities. They all differ in power depending on how they were created. The two down sides to artifacts are: 1) They must be on your person at all times to use the abilities, and 2) If they are broken the power leaves and it becomes a normal item.

Other powers: There are plenty of other powers in the world, ranging in strength and capabilities but all have downsides of some sort or another. It's part of the price one pays for power.

If you have any questions about stuff, just ask. You can either post here or PM me anytime.

Character Sheet:
Spoiler:
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Iscariot Division Empty Re: Iscariot Division

Post by Digital Muse Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:41 pm

Character Name: Jasmine Mariah Grace

Sex: Female

Appearance:Iscariot Division Thumb

Abilities: Power Negation. She can shut down the ability of any magical or powered being that she can touch.

Weakness/Disadvantage: She must touch the individual. She doesn't control how long the effect lasts. She is a normal other than this ability.

Specialty: Jasmine makes her living as an Art History professor at the University of Chicago. In this capacity she takes trip around the world with guiding and teaching students. She also has a small reputation for authenticating and valuing pieces for insurance companies or individual clients.

Short Bio: Jasmine was born and raised in Chicago. Her father was a Firefighter and her mother a kindergarten teacher. Both parents spent time encouraging Jasmine's natural artistic talent and by the time she was 8, the family visited art museums whenever they could get away together. because of her talent, Jasmine was offered a scholarship at the University of Chicago and she did very well and won several awards with her paintings and sculptures.

At the age of 22, she was given an artifact to evaluate by a old woman named Geneveive Marchand. The woman was a rather famous eccentric from the 1940s and god only knew where she'd come upon the artifact. Unknown to either of the women, the artifact was imbued with the essence of Loki's Bane; the snake venom that prevented the god from escaping his imprisonment. While Jasmine delicately cleaned the years of encrusted earth from the medallion, the venom penetrated the gloves she wore and penetrated her skin.

Jasmine collapsed, writhing in pain. Her temperature shot up and Jasmine was rushed to the hospital. The Doctors ran every test they could think of, but could not find the cause of Jasmine's severe pain. She was dying. Horribly. Two weeks later after Jasmine had flat-lined 4 times, a priest arrived to give Jasmine last rights. He prayed over Jasmine with her parents, placed a rosary in her clenched fists and offered words of comfort to her devastated parents. No one expected her to make it through the night.

As the following day dawned, Jasmine opened her eyes. She was aware and though incredibly weak, she seemed to have beaten whatever had afflicted her. Several days later, Jasmine's parents took her home and she rebuilt her strength slowly. Geneveive Marchand visited her on two occassions, asking some gently probing questions about how Jasmine felt. If she'd noticed any changes in herself. But, Jasmine could only shake her head. "No, nothing. Why?"

The old woman would just shrug, "No reason, dear. I'm just relieved you're feeling alright." With that cryptic comment Geneveive left Jasmine's room and was never seen again.

Weeks and months passed and Jasmine appeared to make a full recovery with no ill effects. But, one day in her bank while she deposited her paycheck, a man entered, wreathed in a blue glow and wearing a mask over his face. He pushed people toward the tellers counter and demanded the money in the vaults. A young guard felt the need to try to protect the money and foolishly drew his gun.

The powered-thief threw out his arm and a blast of cold blue light hit the young man square in the chest freezing him solid. His body tipped forward and shattered like so much glass. The rest of the people in the bank panicked or were stunned to silence by the young guard's death.

The robber strode forward menacingly, again demanding the money from the vaults. A terrified teller explained that the vaults were closed on a time lock and that only the money in the cash drawers was available. He snarled and lifted his fist to kill the woman.

But, before he did, Jasmine did something impossible stupid. She jumped at the man to push his arm out of line with the hapless teller. When she touched him, Jasmine shuddered in pain and the blue nimbus around the thief winked out of sight. He turned to face her with a snarl of rage and struck her with a hard fist, sending her flying.

This was all the other hostages needed. Several men jumped onto the thief and wrestled him to the ground while several people called 911 at once. It was mere minutes before the police arrived and the man was manacled and hauled away before he could regain his powers.

Jasmine was also taken in to headquarters for hours of exhausting questioning. No, she had no idea who the man was. No, she didn't know what had happened. Yes, she had an account at the bank. No, she didn't have any special abilities. And on and on it went.

Finally, a well-groomed man in the ubiquitous black suit was ushered in to see her. He smiled as he took a seat. "Let me tell you a story."
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:37 am

No one else?
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:43 am

Well, I suppose I could at least put up my characters.

Character Name: Dante Shirgin

Sex: Male

Appearance: Looks like a fit man is his late twenties. Has long black hair kept in a ponytail and a short black beard. He also has bright green eyes and a scar that runs from his right eyebrow down to his jawbone in a zig zagging fashion. Usually in jeans and a tee-shirt, with a black duster when out and about.

Abilities: Immortality and Regenerative Healing Factor (Due to his long age, he has massive gaps in his memory, and can sometimes take a while to remember things.)

Specialty: A little of everything, mostly freelance mercenary or thief work

Short Bio: Dante was born before history, as we know it, was being recorded. Because of this, little is known about his early life. At some point in his twenties, he appeared to stop aging. When he entered this thirties, an accident lead to him falling from a great height. When he survived the fall, he was shunned from his people as they thought he was a demon. He wandered around, learning about the forming world. There is a massive gap in his personal history at this point, as he actively seeks out and removes records of himself throughout time. The next record of him is from the Vatican logs in the 1800's. He assisted some Vatican agents with dispatching a demon in France. They offered him a position within their organization. He was to be a wetworks guy within the Vatican and their dealings with the world. As time grew, he wasn't the only one doing this work and Iscariot Division was born. They, and Dante, officially don't exist. He appears to have made some sort of deal for his services, but the extent of that deal is unknown.

And one more for flavor:

Character Name: Ryan Andrews

Sex: Male

Appearance: Medium height and build. Has short blonde hair and a bit of stubble. Always wears a hoodie and jeans as well as a pair of fairly expensive sunglasses, even at night. When he takes them off, his right eye is dark green and his left eye is pale blue.

Abilities: High-Yield Telekinesis (Has very little control of it. When he lifts something with it think the Incredible Hulk trying to lift a toothpick.)

Specialty: Combat mostly, but has learned the con trade as well

Short Bio: Ryan doesn't know much about where he came from. He was raised in an orphanage and never really cared about who his parents are. He was kicked out of the orphanage for violent anti-social behavior at the age of 14. He then spent most of his life on the streets until he came into his powers at 16. He was then able to get odd jobs as muscle when he started gaining slight control of his considerable power. He found his way to a group of people with powers like himself that ran different jobs. He left the group after a scism formed when the leadership was altered. He found his way to Iscariot division about 6 months ago and has been an agent for them ever since.
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:12 am

I am working on my character sheet. I was thinking about a character that changes into a chimera-like monster. I am not really sure how to make that work yet.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustakrakish Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:53 pm

Still working on mine as well, sorry for the wait
Mustakrakish
Mustakrakish
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:06 pm

No worries. Once we get both of you in, I think we can go ahead and start. I'll keep it where others can join in after we've started easily.
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Consulting Detective Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:43 pm

I will attempt to have a character sheet provided soon. Today, possibly. I'm trying to come up with an interesting power. Might reuse something I've had great success with in the past and go with a kind of shadow manipulation. We'll see. Might have a few almost-too-good tricks, but the powers will have some major, highly inconvenient to the character, and potentially fatal downsides, so it'll be well-balanced.
Consulting Detective
Consulting Detective
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:23 pm

Right on, If I could make a suggestion, a good way to balance powers would be to have them come from an artifact. This has potential for two downsides: It either has to be on the person at all times to be used, or it could also require charges. Just a suggestion, by no means does anyone have to follow it...
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:03 pm

An artifact also has the added disadvantage, if you will, of possibly being taken away or broken.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Consulting Detective Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:13 pm

Well, the downsides I have in mind mostly revolve around light. He manipulates shadows, so it makes sense that light is his weakness. There is an awful lot of light in the world, and therefore his weakness is a rather inconvenient one. Workable, if he's careful, but unavoidable. It's a lovely way to balance him out.
Consulting Detective
Consulting Detective
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal Phoenix Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:57 pm

Anubis, buddy. Pal o' mine. You never told me you signed up for this place. I'll be in, if you won't mnd.
Eternal Phoenix
Eternal Phoenix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:09 pm

PHOENIX! I wasn't aware you were around either. Naturally, you are welcome to join.
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:20 pm

Anyway, I was thinking about my priest-chimera character. I was thinking that as a downside his transformation would be triggered by strong emotions so he couldn't just change whenever. Also, when transformed, he'd lose his human intellect and have the intellect of an animal. Like a dog, he would only understand basic words and wouldn't be able to speak. He'd change back when exhausted or with some other trigger.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:38 pm

Fair enough, I see nothing wrong with that.
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Consulting Detective Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:29 pm

Got my profile done! It's... Well, let's just say that "short bio" really didn't work out here... I had a bit too much fun writing up his background. Hope you don't mind, and I hope the powers are okay. I wanted to lay all of his shadowy tricks out on the table, along with their limitations and drawbacks.

Atticus Michael Jacobe, aka "Nightshade":
Consulting Detective
Consulting Detective
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal Phoenix Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:40 pm

Anubis wrote:PHOENIX! I wasn't aware you were around either. Naturally, you are welcome to join.

Yeah, I've got a few posts kicking around. Let's make this thing work. This ought to do. It's not Lightning, though. Let me know what you think.

Spoiler:
Eternal Phoenix
Eternal Phoenix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:09 pm

Well, I think everyone's characters look great and we probably have enough to go ahead and get this started. Like I said, I'm keeping this where new people can be added really easily, they just got their invitation later than the others. I will try to get the first post up tonight or tomorrow.
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Consulting Detective Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:54 pm

Woot! The first post is up! I should probably get my intro post in, then!
Consulting Detective
Consulting Detective
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:29 am

Indeed, we are good to go. So if everyone would get their intros, that would be great. Mmmmmkay? Thanks.
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Consulting Detective Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:03 am

My intro is up. Hope it's fine.

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing: I'm too lazy to check and see if I mentioned this in his character sheet, but Atticus is completely colorblind. When in the dark, at least. He can see a little bit of color in the light, but it's faded and very hard to make out. Especially since his vision isn't good in light.
Consulting Detective
Consulting Detective
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:56 pm

Quick questions: do we make up our own method of contact and reason for being sent to the meeting's location?

Is the meeting inside Vatican City itself? Or just in Rome?
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:23 am

Good question. The only thing I'm dictating for the contact is the man in the black suit and you were given the address by him. Beyond that, it's up to you.

The meeting is actually on the edge of the Vatican and Rome. It's considered to be part of the Vatican (they own the building).
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:28 am

Ok, anyone else who wishes to join up and post at the beginning, you have until Friday before I move the story along. You can still join afterwards, just post your stuff here and I'll PM you with how to come in.
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down