FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TfE 2- Downfall (Closed)

+5
Guilty Carrion
quakernuts
Mustakrakish
xraineyesx
Artorius
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

TfE 2- Downfall (Closed)  - Page 2 Empty Re: TfE 2- Downfall (Closed)

Post by Moon's Jester Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:40 pm

Name: Felix Kalan
Race: Tevren

Appearance: Felix is short for his race 6'. He does have broad shoulders and dense lean muscles developed from living outdoors and a passion for climbing. Due to years of hard work, he has abnormally large forearms, and extremely tough, callused hands and feet. Hazel eyes with flecks of gold sit lightly withing an angular face with prominent cheekbones, and a narrow nose. His natural silver hair is set in contrast with weathered light brown skin. His assorted scars stand out in pale relief in contrast to his tanned skin.

Arsenal:
-Golden Carrac war bow: It is four feet and five inches long, and tipped with a local metal alloy known as iced steel; also two thin bands of iced steel are banded at one third of the length. The wood itself is extremely stiff and needs to be warmed prior to being strung to prevent cracking or breaking. It makes a fair walking staff and can be used as a weapon without being strung. He has assorted arrows with tips, feathers and shafts stored seperately.
- Two bolos
- Two long hunting daggers, a small filet knife, and a razor
- One sling, and a pouch of round stones
- Assorted climbing gear: pitons, a pair of ice axes, crampons etc.
- Shadeling camouflage cloak
- Kharne

Bio: Felix was born in the Tevren Vales, a densely forested area famous for a expensive but fantastic lumber west of the Valley of Twilight. The forests are hidden by a massive mountain range that curves in a ā€œUā€ towards the coast, making contact with the rest of the world difficult. Numerous reefs limit the the ports to three or four along the hundred miles of coast, and there are a few profitable if dangerous land caravans. He was born in one of the cities along the Aoan Mountain Range, but was raised as an orphan. He has no knowledge of what happened to his parents, and nor does he care.

Felix grew up on the street, and was inducted into a street gang that specialized in thievery. The gang leader in the beginning was kind in person, but emotionally manipulative. Derrick was a small man with great dreams or riches, and did not care who he hurt to get it. Small jobs eventually became larger, and eventually Derrick decided to steal from more than just merchants, and decided to raid noble houses. Felix and the other 'littles' were key in these schemes, from being look outs to climbing through small spaces and stealing. However, stealing from important people with children who can stay alert for only so long was not the brightest idea. He was caught and executed.

This did not stop the ambition of his second-in-command. Joseph used brutality as a measure of control, and was considerably more stupid. He decided to raid one of the most powerful religious orders, the shadow priests of Vellack. The attempted robbery never even made it past the walls, and the Shades, the military arm of the order, slaughtered everyone they found. Felix wasn't, and escaped into a tavern frequented by the outriders for caravans. An older man named James took pity on the poor kid and apprenticed him as an outrider... for a nominal fee. Compared to his prior experiences, taking 30% of his pay was generous. Three years later, James was killed in on the inevitable Darkling raids. Since then Felix has been making his way across the world, and recording everything in maps. A few trinkets from out of the way places have also made their way into this possesion.

Name: Myst
Race: Aovren
Appearance: The soul gem inserted into the sword Kharne. It is a amber in color and a perfect sphere that fits comfortably in the palm of man's hand. The sword Kharne is made from a clear, wavy crystal that is similar in strength to diamond. The back of the blade is edged in black steel, as is the cross-guard and hilt. The pommel fits the soul gem perfectly, although the gem can be removed with a little essence and will. The blade casts almost no shadow at all.

Arsenal: Some misdirection and illusions and the ability to telepathically communicate. Kharne is a blade that devours essence, and is specifically designed to combat the terror of powerful Vellack shadow priests.

Bio: Myst has not revealed much of his life to his current wielder, other than the man imprisoned in the soul gem is ancient and predates much of the internal, religious, and racial strife that currently haunts the Tevren Vales. Myst was adopted by a man named Talen, who also adopted two other children, a girl named Sanae and her brother Sammael. All four became extremely influential and important during a period of time, the Hierocratic Wars. Myst became a skilled surgeon dedicated to helping people and even pioneered some long lost techniques using essence to heal others. However, it was his relationship with his adopted father that defined the rest of his life during the wars.

Talen became one of the first Archons of Vellack, and was champion for that faction. Both Myst and Sammael were captured and tortured. Sammael eventually escaped and killed his way free, but Myst was killed and forcibly turned into a lich. In a note of especially twisted irony, his phylactery was inset in the sword that killed him, Kharne, a sword made famous for killing adherents to Vellack. He doesn't speak of his time being enslaved during the wars, but at some point he was entombed separately from his body and his been living disembodied in the sword ever since.

Felix found Kharne and Myst fallen and forgotten in a chasm in the Anzen Mountains, and has carried the annoying ancient spirit ever since. Myst has not revealed why he was lost in the mountains either.

Moon's Jester
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:45 pm

If you guys are ready, go on and go meet with the regent, he has something important to tell the group.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:36 am

Sorry about disappearing for like two weeks. Roleplaying is exceedingly hard on my phone unfortunately. But I think I will enjoy reading this rp nonetheless.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:31 am

No problem Rain!
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon's Jester Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Who are we waiting on to post?

Moon's Jester
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:12 pm

I'm posting tonight
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon's Jester Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:40 am

So is this just an character development and interaction post? Also, need someone to interact with for this next post.

Moon's Jester
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:45 am

Basically, yes. And for future reference, if any of you have skype OR MSN, please do not hesitate to post your username here. I would like to get to know you guys better, as well as get together for collaborative posts.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:29 am

Well, I'll bit the bullet for ya, Art.

guiltycarrion, add me on skype. I'm generally always around.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:39 pm

Thank you, GC! And Jester, collaboration is not required. However, if you want to collab, just PM the person you'd like to collab with. Is anyone unclear on their next move? The RP is going to move Wednesday if nobody wants to fit a post in.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:58 am

http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4237-the-annals

The Annals are up and provide a clearer look at Evanotian history, culture, etc. Their in the starting phase right now, but do not fret, they will receive updates.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:45 pm

Hello everyone. I just wanted to remind you guys of rule #2.

"2. A minimum of one post a week is expected"

Everyone who didn't post in that time frame has received a warning. (which will expire at the end of the month) If you are not going to meet the deadline, I need some kind of notification as to why, or just let me know you're working on the post. For instance, Moon Jester, you are in danger of being eliminated from the RP for your lengthy absence. I am also open to questions, or collaborations. Again, if you're not going to meet the deadline, I'd just like to know there is some writing being done, or you have an issue that prevents you from writing. Thank you and please get back to me.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:17 pm

Would you like me to make another post, Artorius? I would, but I was just waiting for everyone to finish their initial posts for getting on board the ship. But I'll definitely post again if it seems everyone who's still here has finished.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:06 pm

Oh yeah, feel free!
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:14 pm

~Cool! It actually would be cool if someone could collab with me; I don't think I could make a detailed enough post right now with just the ship's captain.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:05 pm

Well guys, sorry about the Friday deadline. Guilty Carrion unfortunately had to drop out. I have to rewrite the post to fit in Thrall and Ukarahu. Additionally, Moon Jester has not replied to any attempts to contact him. I will also assume control of his characters. If ANYONE would like to claim one of these characters, please contact me and we'll work out the details. However, for this next post, I'm controlling them.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:53 am

FINALLY posted! YAY! The next post is pretty lengthy, and skips around a bit, so I placed clear time and place markers on each section of the post. I hope you enjoy it and happy posting!
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:53 pm

How many people are still in this thing? If I don't get posts by next Friday I'm just gonna call it quits.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:14 am

~I'm still here! That would really stink if it got cancelled...I was looking forward to seeing what happened to all the characters.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:00 am

I'm sorry that I haven't posted, and in fact, I'm afraid I'm going to have to withdraw from this RP. With so much life stuff going on, school, trips, etc, I simply don't have enough time to dedicate to this RP.

I'm sorry for any inconvience this causes, and feel free to do whatever you wish with my characters.

I wish you guys the best in continuing the RP.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:23 pm

Well, optimistically its down to me, Ruu, striDer, and Torturous Flame. Which I will be fine continuing the RP with.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:38 am

Are stiDer and Tortuous Flame still here?
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:55 pm

Yes, they're both still here.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2