FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beauty and the Beast (Lamenting_Quill and DarkGoddess)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Beauty and the Beast (Lamenting_Quill and DarkGoddess) - Page 2 Empty Re: Beauty and the Beast (Lamenting_Quill and DarkGoddess)

Post by Lamenting_Quill Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:50 pm

Lily turned the handle and pushed the door open gently, poking her head in and smiling when she found him watching her from his head.
“I hope I did not wake you” Lily said, crossing the room to sit on the bed across from him “Nightmares... I keep seeing Etienne's face, mocking me. Flames, burning all around”
A shudder ran down Lily's spine and she took a deep breath to try and ward off the ominous feeling of dread from the nightmares.
“I guess it might sound silly, but... you make me feel safer” Lily replied, almost reluctantly, she was afraid he might think her weak or stupid “You're nice to talk to as well... when you let yourself”
She allowed herself that one comment and left it with a kind smile, it was strange, but he really did make her feel better. As if when she was near him, nothing in the world could ever hurt her; He wouldn't let it.

Sure he looked more than a little grotesque, but to her there was obviously much more than that to try and see with him. He was intelligent, clever and brave, he also had it in him to be very kind.
It may here want to stay here with him for an extended time, she wanted to learn more about this mysterious male, she wanted to see more of his smiles and laughter.
From what she could gather from his normal behavior, his life has been full of sorrows and regrets, he seemed reluctant to allow anyone in for fear that it will all just end up the same as before. In misery.

She nibbled her bottom lip nervously as she lifted her bright ice blue eyes to his “Um, I know this sounds a little forward, but... can I stay here with you tonight? Just hold me until I fall asleep? That might keep the nightmares away”
Some might find this wildly inappropriate, but who was here to see it and besides, Lily really needed the comforting right now. She would love to punch that bastard Etienne for these nightmares.

“It's okay if you don't want to, I know it sounds inappropriate, I am just so afraid to go back to sleep” Lily said softly, looking almost ashamed for being so frightened of these terrible dreams filled with Etienne's cruel face.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Beauty and the Beast (Lamenting_Quill and DarkGoddess) - Page 2 Empty Re: Beauty and the Beast (Lamenting_Quill and DarkGoddess)

Post by DarkGoddess Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:48 am

He hesitated a moment, then patted the bed beside himself. He'd stay with her until she fell asleep, then he'd leave and go to the library. It wouldn't be the first time he'd gone without sleep in a day; his kind was built to stay awake for a few days at a time if need be.

He waited until she sat beside him. He was hyperaware of how close she sat to him. It made him feel all the more alert, although apparently it made her feel safe enough to sleep. Funny how the mind could work in different ways, he reflected.

--

The woman from the forest followed the two of them back to the castle, where she could see through the open window the two of them sitting on Tristan's bed. Her eyes narrowed dangerously. Tristan seemed very close to finding the solution to the curse. She's have to test his convictions....

She didn't interrupt them that time. Instead, she took off toward the village where she was staying in the local pub and inn. There, she sat at the bar and ordered a drink to ponder her test.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:28 am

When he patted the spot next to him, Lily smiled brightly and slid over to where Tristan was.
"Thank you for understanding" Lily replied with her gratitude and warmth reaching all the way to her eyes, she snuggled close to Tristan's middle and wrapped one slender arm around his waist.
It wasn't too long until Lily fell into a deep sleep, the terrifying images that came before held at bay. Tristan's presence worked like a charm to ward off the frightening nightmares, Etienne would not be haunting her dreams this night.

Instead of Etienne's cruel face, Lily's dreams were filled with the images of a golden haired protector, his emerald eyes adoring and his words soothing.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^**^*^*^**^*^*^*^

"So let me get this straight" Cooper requested of Etienne as they approached the bar, apparently Etienne wasn't tipsy enough yet for the night "Tomorrow night, you are going to sneak inside the beast's castle and abduct Lily. After that, you intend to force her to marry you by drugging her to the point she has no idea what she's doing, right?"
"Wow, you actually paid attention" Etienne replied coldly as he took a seat at the bar "It's obvious from the way that creature protected her that he feels something for her, I will not be second place to a beast man"

Cooper nodded "I understand. So, does this mean I should talk to the town clergyman tomorrow morning?"
Etienne nodded "Yes, have a ceremony ready for the following morning. Now go home, I'd like to enjoy one last drink in peace before I go home"
Nodding stupidly, Cooper hopped off the barstool he sat on and walked out of the tavern.
"Whiskey" Etienne requested as the bartender looked his way, earning an affirmative nod from the man.
He wouldn't have to wait too much longer until Lily Sinclare would be his bride, he would not fail.

As a crystal glass of whiskey was slid his way, Etienne grasped it tightly as the image returned to his brain of the beast and the way he'd so fiercely wrestled with him to keep him from taking Lily.
The mere fact Lily had chosen to remain with that beast man over him was infuriating and once he had Lily secured in his grasp, Etienne would personally lead some men to kill the creature... leaving Lily only a corpse to run off to if she tried to flee.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:20 pm

When she fell asleep, he carefully laid her down on the bed. He stood, going downstairs to the library where he picked out a book to bring back upstairs to read until he was tired enough to sleep.

He sat down at a nearby, opening the book and inhaling the scent of old paper as the night wore on.

--

She sipped at her drink as two men sat down beside her. She ignored them at first, as the larger man ordered whiskey. "It's obvious from the way that creature protected her that he feels something for her, I will not be second place to a beast man." He said coldly.

She looked over to him in surprise. She knew immediately that this man was interested in that girl who had been with Tristan. Maybe they could work together.

She slid off her chair, sitting next to him and continuing to sip her drink. "I've heard that you are interested in finding a girl who's caught with a beast man? I can help. If you're interested."

The bartender took her empty glass, and asked her if she wanted anything else. "Bourbon." She ordered, then jabbed her thumb at him. "He's paying."

Then she watched him, waiting to see his reaction to see how to treat him in the next part of the direction.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:51 pm

"I've heard that you are interested in finding a girl who's caught with a beast man? I can help. If you're interested."

The bartender took her empty glass, and asked her if she wanted anything else. "Bourbon." She ordered, then jabbed her thumb at him. "He's paying."

Etienne raised one finely groomed auburn brow as she look at the blonde woman, she was lovely, but none in his opinion could compare to Lily.
The bartender looked to Etienne over the subject of the drink and shooed the bartender off as confirmation to get the bourban.
"What would you know about my... problem?" Etienne asked haughtily, his arrogance more than visible, he found it hard to believe a woman could benefit his plans "I have my own ideas, unless you perhaps by some miracle can make them easier for me"

When the bartender brought the bourban, Etienne grabbed the glass and slid it across the counter toward the woman "Got a name?"

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

When Lily awoke and found Tristan gone, Lily immediately went out in search of him. She searched everywhere and eventually found herself at the forbidden door of his precious library.
The sun was bright outside and the air was pleasantly warm, it was perfect day for a walk. It would be a great opportunity for her and Tristan to get to know each other better.
Raising a fist, Lily knocked on the door and waited for noise "Tristan are you in here? I was wondering if you wanted to go for a walk with me... It's such a beautiful afternoon. Tristan?"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:47 am

The bartender looked to the man regarding her order. He nodded his confirmation. She smirked at nothing in particular, amused that he had agreed to her.

"What would you know about my... problem?" He asked arrogantly. She stifled a sigh, wishing her tool could be a little more pliable. But she had far from demonstrated the reasons he should respect her. "I have my own ideas, unless you perhaps by some miracle can make them easier for me."

When the bartender brought the bourban, he passed it to her as he asked, "Got a name?"

She smiled, taking a drink of her bourbon. "Dyanna." She replied after swallowing. "Well Etienne," She said, even though he didn't say his name. She had caught it at the fight earlier. "I've got a little bit of a grudge against that beast man, and I have some...ways to aid you if you wish. Either way, I'm coming along."

--

DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:31 am

Etienne smirked at her keen observation, she had caught his name quite swiftly. She would be a terrific hunter with such attention.
"Well, Miss Dyanna" Etienne said, turning his amber brown eyes to smooth and charming and his expression suave and mysterious, he was handsome and he knew it "You have my attention, I must say a woman with such ferocity is refreshing. Like an Alpha She-wolf, complete confidence. So tell me, what can you do to aid me?"

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Chewing on her bottom lip, Lily debated on whether or not she should go in to check on Tristan. What if something was wrong and she didn't do anything to help him?
"I must be insane" Lily murmured to herself as she reached for the handle and twisted to find it unlocked, she pushed it open and entered "Tristan?"

When she received no reply, Lily entered further into the slightly dim library. Candles burned here and there to give the room just enough illumination to find ones way around.
Lily picked up a candlestick from one of the tables and ventured forth to find Tristan, she had not imagined that he had such a large library.
"Tristan?" Lily called nervously as she weaved slowly in and out of the book shelves "Tristan, are you here? Please, I'm worried about you, please answer if you're here!"

"I don't think he's here" Lily whispered to herself in defeat, looking down as she neared the back of the library, it was when she looked up that her eyes widened in amazement.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:55 pm

"Well, Miss Dyanna" He said with a charming smile. It didn't fool Dyanna; she knew what kind of man he was, she had seen him in the woods afterall. No man should treat a girl that way. But she knew how to deal with men like that. "You have my attention, I must say a woman with such ferocity is refreshing. Like an Alpha She-wolf, complete confidence. So tell me, what can you do to aid me?"

She wasn't happy about being called an alpha she-wolf however. "Don't you dare call me a she-wolf." She immediately replied coldly. "I have nothing to do with dogs."

She sipped her drink, calming her nerves down for a minute or two before she spoke again. "The wolf-man is strong, and it's clear he has some fixation with your girl. I can distract him, or I can..." she cleared her throat, "enhance some of your abilities. Perhaps you'd like to be able to move a little faster? Be impervious to the pain from his attacks?"

--

Tristan gave up on reading in his room when the torches burned low. His eyes could still pick up the words quite easily, but he had no interest in reading at that moment. His thoughts kept drifting back to the girl.

He decided instead to get out. The woods were empty, as far as he knew. He needed to clear his mind. So as quietly as he could with his cane, he went downstairs and left the house, running at a speed he could handle for long distances, but fast enough that he could leave the cane far, far behind.

--

When he returned to the castle, the sun was high past the horizon in the sky. He picked up his cane and moved inside, walking as quietly as he could. His first thought was that he didn't want to wake Lily. But when he saw the door to his library--his library, he froze. His muscles went rigid. Immediately, he knew where Lily was, and he wouldn't have it. He had told her specifically not to go in the library, and what does she do?!

Quietly, he walked into the library, finding her easily with the faint light showing her location, as well as the scent of herself. Not even the honey-on-apple scent was calming him right now.

He caught up with her just as she gasped at what was in front of her. The skin of a snow leopard, the beast that had killed his father. He knew she would want to touch it, probably to gain some more of his memories, ones that hurt him to remember.

"So you couldn't help yourself." His voice was barely recognizable, so harsh it was. "You had to see the library. You had to steal more of my memories."

He grabbed her hand, pulling her down to her knees as he continued. "You want to see my memories, do you? Well here!" He pressed his hand down on the snow leopard, waiting for her to learn all about his father, how poorly he was treated by the man, and how much the man was similar to the monster Tristan was now.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:32 am

Etienne watched closely as Dyanna took a sip of her drink "Fair enough, no more she-wolf comments from me"
She sipped her drink, calming her nerves down for a minute or two before she spoke again. "The wolf-man is strong, and it's clear he has some fixation with your girl. I can distract him, or I can..." she cleared her throat, "enhance some of your abilities. Perhaps you'd like to be able to move a little faster? Be impervious to the pain from his attacks?"

"I need nothing more than a good distraction and perhaps some good drugs to dull the sense to near obliviousness" Etienne replied thoughtfully "If you can do this swiftly, we can be ready by tomorrow afternoon instead of evening"

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

"So you couldn't help yourself." His voice was barely recognizable, so harsh it was. "You had to see the library. You had to steal more of my memories."

He grabbed her hand, pulling her down to her knees as he continued. "You want to see my memories, do you? Well here!" He pressed his hand down on the snow leopard, waiting for her to learn all about his father, how poorly he was treated by the man, and how much the man was similar to the monster Tristan was now.

Lily spun around when she heard Tristan's growling voice, she was confused by the anger he displayed until she realized when she was and what it must look like.
She tried to open her mouth and explain that she was merely looking for him and was concerned, but he gave her no chance when he lashed out to grab her with one hand and then touched the snow leopard skin with the other; She immediately knew this wasn't going to be good.

Her mind was flooded then with the painful memories of Tristan's past, of his cruel father and lack of love, it brought tears to her eyes... they were quite similar and it broke Lily's heart that anyone had to suffer like that, struggling for the right to be loved.
She ripped her arm away from him then and back away, tears of both shame and pity rolling down her cheeks "I only was trying to find YOU, not your memories... I... I missed you... I never meant to hurt you, but it seems thats all I ever do... hurt people... I... I'm so sorry!"

With that, Lily bolted around him as fast as a frightened rabbit and out the door of the library, headed for the castle foyer.
If Tristan had called out to her or shouted for her to come, she didn't hear it, she was too consumed with shame and self-disgust.
She pushed open the castle doors and burst out into the forest, she didn't care what fate befell her now. Lily was starting to believe all the people that told her that she was an abomination and she'd never do anything but harm, even if unintentional..

Her tears blinded her and her sobs deafened her as she fled through the thick forest as fast as her small female legs would carry her.
She didn't even realize where she was going until she ran face first into a strong lean chest, she looked up to recognize Etienne's face before he covered her nose and mouth in an herb soaked rag.
She tried to fight with all she had until blackness finally claimed her mind.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:33 am

Dyanna smiled at nodded her agreement to the man. "I'll see you tomorrow morning for the spell." She said as she left her glass and slid off the barstool to go upstairs to her room. Once she made herself comfortable, she took a sheet of parchment and her pen. She hastily drew out some runes. Spells didn't require charms such as that, but she liked to have a copy on hand, in case something interrupted her in the middle of a casting.

If she were doing solely what Etienne wanted her to do: to make him impervious to the pain the beast would cause, she could easily just make him a charmed potion. But that wasn't her only plan. She wanted to test out how much the beast really loved her. So if she cast an actual spell on the man, she could word it so that, if the beast really did love this girl, then the spell would become null and void.

She sketched out the last few runes to her spelll, then gave it a quick readthrough to make sure she had everything correct.

痛みを感じるようにでもビーストはリリーが好きでてこのスペル成功するつもりです。

Her lips curved slightly as she read out the phrase, confident in the wording, that it would work. Carefully, she let the ink dry as she prepared for bed and then folded it and slid it under her pillow as she went to sleep.

The next morning, she repeated her spell out as she paced thrice around Etienne. Once to cast the circle, once to lay the frame, once to paint the spell.

"Amen." She murmured finally, before walking once around him counterclockwise to dispel the circle.

She told him following that she'd keep an eye out for the beast; that she'd provide enough distraction, if he were to show up, that is.

So the two of them set out to the woods, but before they had the chance to split up, Lily came running, tears streaming down her face as she ran into Etienne. He grinned, taking a rag out from his back pocket and pressing it to Lily's face.

"Good for you, then." Dyanna said; inwardly cursing. Well, that didn't work for her. "I've some other business to attend to, but thank you for this entertainment."

She left the two of them without a second thought, walking back to the keep. The place where she spent a few short months, engaged to a man who didn't love her. The man that had no interest except for his family's money, and ended up seeing another girl at the same time. The handsome, perfect man who was more wolf than man.

She let herself in, and knew exactly where the damn beast would be. "Tristain!" She yelled, walking into the library like she belonged.

He had renovated since she'd been there, but it was all the same. She found him in the corner where he kept all his sentimental junk. He was in the same humanoid shape that she'd left him in all those years ago. He was sitting in his same chair, his head resting in his clawed hands.

--

She left in tears, but Tristain was still too angry. He swiped a row of books off a shelf in anger, and eventually collapsed into a chair, exhausted. Lily would be back. If she didn't come back, then she'd be better off without him. He had given up on love.

"Tristain!" The voice echoed through the hall; an echo of a memory he couldn't deal with then. He just blocked it out.

"So you're still as pathetic as usual." The voice cut through his barriers, and he pulled his head up to see Dyanna standing before him.

Dull anger throbbed in his veins, but he didn't have the energy to act on it. "Dyanna, if you knew what was good for you, you'd have never come back." He growled.

"Relax. You're still the person you were before, just more depressed. It's pathetic. But if you want to lift your curse, the girl Etienne just took hostage is probably your best bet."

He snarled, then growled loudly. "Etienne took her? Let me guess. You stood by and helped."

"I spelled him to feel no pain." She shrugged unconcernedly. "But if you love your girl enough, that spell will be meaningless. Go on. He's planning on marrying her today."

And with that threat hanging in the air, Tristain stood with the last of his strength and took off toward the village that had hunted him on and off all those years.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:22 pm

Lily had no idea how much Etienne paid this priest to go through with this, but here she was sitting here kneeling in front of the altar with her hands bound in front of her and her feet tied. Her mouth was gagged and her tears hidden only by the veil Etienne's mother plopped onto her head, the vile woman had also forced her into a simple ivory wedding gown.

Etienne's mother Violet sat back in of the pews as she and the rather sympathetic looking priest waited for Etienne to return with Cooper, apparently he wanted Cooper to be his best man. As if this was a real wedding, hah! This would never be real in Lily's eyes, never.
Her thoughts were taken back to Tristan and the tears began anew, she never should have ran away from the castle and Tristan... Poor Tristan... He really did need her more than she thought.

There had never been anyone before in Tristan's life to teach him love, he had just begun to learn what that it was and he was struggling with it, struggling to accept that he deserved it as much as any other person.
She would bet anything that once he got the hang of it, he would be the most wonderful and loving man there has ever been, Lily could see a lot of goodness in his heart even if he could not.
To say now that she would miss him would be an understatement, he was the first real friend she had ever had and now it all going to hell in a hand-basket. Complete with a new horror-filled marriage to Etienne.
It was the final nail in her coffin, there was going to be rescue this time, Lily knew that. She had completely destroyed everything with Tristan with sheer stupidity. She wouldn't blame him at all for leaving her here.

“How is the most beautiful bride in the whole village?” Etienne called merrily as he ended the church with Cooper following behind him, he looked at though Etienne had forced him to clean up a little.
“She ready and waiting, son” Violet cooed adoringly at her handsome child, reaching the ruffle his auburn locks as he got close enough “I cannot wait to see many good-looking grandchildren from the two of you”
“There will be plenty, mother dearest” Etienne replied with a wink and a predator's grin over at Lily “My bride will be quite busy”

Etienne turned from his mother and approached where Lily sat knelt in front of the altar, he gently caressed the back of her veil covered hair “Don't worry, love. It will be pleasant with me, I will pamper and spoil you, all you have to do is love me and give me children. I will even let you hire a cleaning woman while you are with child”
Lily narrowed her bright pale blue eyes at Etienne as she turned her face to look at her, she growled disdainfully through the gag, she hated him and wanted to make sure he knew it too.

“You will change your mind soon enough, my darling. How could you not with such a handsome husband that will pamper you and provide for you quite well. You are far better off with me than some beast man, did you know he was falling in love with you? I could see it plain as day in that field”
Lily stared at Etienne, half pissed off at his assumptions that she would love marriage with him and then half surprised that he thought Tristan was falling in love with her?”

Etienne smiled and caressed Lily's cheek before he turned to the priest “Begin the ceremony, please”
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:30 am

He ran through the trees, his legs propelling him forward so quickly that he nearly fell a couple of times. He was tired, exhausted. But Dyanna's words had put him off. Lily was being forced to wed against her will? Not if he could help it.

He didn't notice, but only ten feet oway or so, Dyanna was following him. She held a rose in her hands, dried and sofly glowing in the shadows of the trees.

In the town, the streets were empty. All at the wedding likely. He found it after minutes of searching, only to hear the priest's words echoing outside.

"With this ring, I thee wed..."

He pushed the doors open, seeing not the crowd collectively gasping at his arrival. Not seeing Cooper who had shouted in shock and had taken several steps backward. No, the only thing he had eyes for was the woman sitting bound and gagged in the front of the church. She was shaking with stifled sobs; it was obvious she wanted to be anywhere but there.

"Let her go." He said softly, his voice filled with power and anger though it didn't raise the volume of his words.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:52 am

Just as Etienne was about to put a gold band on her ring finger, the doors of the church burst open and in came Tristan. Lily's bright baby blue eyes widened with both shock and joy, her tears still falling.
"Let her go." He said softly, his voice filled with power and anger though it didn't raise the volume of his words.

"You!" Etienne snarled as he caught sight of Tristan "You would think you would be smart enough to stay away from the village! Lily is mine, what could you possibly offer her anyway? You are a beast! A monster! She could never love you!"
He held out his hand toward Cooper and the constables son tossed Etienne a rifle from his jacket, Etienne pointed the barrel at Tristan "Treasure the memories of Lily's beauty, it will be all you will have to sustain you in hell"

Lily screamed in horror through the gag when Etienne pointed the gun at Tristan, her sobs grew harder than ever as she tried to plead through the gag for Tristan's life.
"Shut up, Lily. You will understand one day" Etienne growled at the bound sobbing beauty, he then returned his gaze back to Tristan and prepared to pull the trigger.

Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:09 am

He took aim at Tristian, but Tristian wasn't swayed. The only way the bullet would harm him would be if the bullet were forged out of silver. The perks of being a werewolf.

But he walked forward, unfazed by the man's gun. "She doesn't want to be with you." His voice was darker, more threatening than before. "Whether she wants to be with me or not, you don't deserve to be with her."

"You don't love her. If you loved her, you would understand that you would want her to be happy above all. I...I want her to be happy. I love her." The last words slipped out of his own accord. Behind him, Dyanna had arrived in the church. She stood at the back, still holding her rose. It was glowing more brightly as he was speaking, but by the last sentence, it burst into flames.

Tristian ran toward him, not aware what was happening until his bones began to crunch out of the contorted shape they had spent years in. His teeth sharpened, and his spine bent, cracking into a more natural position.

The transition was seamless. He didn't pause in his charge, not even when Etienne pulled the trigger, a bullet whizzing past his snout. He snarled, jumping and pinning him down under his massive body.

He didn't hesitate to snap, only millimetres from Etienne's face. The man was white and shaking as he recieved the full blast of the wolf's hot breath in his face. But enough of Tristian remained to know not to kill the man.

Slowly, he backed away and flexed the muscles in his core. His bones contorted, reaching back to the inhuman form from before, then past it into human.

He was as tall as he had been as a beast. But now he stood on flat feet, his blond hair falling to his shoulders and framing his chiseled face. His eyes were the same, a bright green almost like emeralds. Other than that, he was unrecognizable to all, except for those who had seen his portrait in the Keep.

"I do not want to harm you." He said calmly. Then his eyes hardened. "But if you continue to threaten me, or Lily, you will not receive any more pity."
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:05 am

If she hadn't known him to be cursed, Lily would have been unable to believe her eyes as his curse was instantly lifted before her very eyes, all with three sincerely meant three words 'I love her'

He was as tall as he had been as a beast. But now he stood on flat feet, his blond hair falling to his shoulders and framing his chiseled face. His eyes were the same, a bright green almost like emeralds. Other than that, he was unrecognizable to all, except for those who had seen his portrait in the Keep.

"I do not want to harm you." He said calmly. Then his eyes hardened. "But if you continue to threaten me, or Lily, you will not receive any more pity
"

Tears filled Lily's eyes anew, but for a new reason, Tristan loved her... he loved her when she had prior thought herself unlovable, an abomination.
His outside may have changed, but when she looked at him, she knew his eyes. Her Tristan was there in those eyes, those eyes that looked upon Etienne with a vengeance and upon her with concern and love.
Lily's attention was taken from Tristan and Etienne however when she felt the ties binding her hands were suddenly being loosened, a woman that had been sitting in one of the pews had gotten up when Etienne was distracted and was untying her.

The female was about her age and though she gazed upon Lily with uncertainty, it was obvious the girl did not believe Lily deserved to be treated this way.
Lily quickly finished untying herself once her hands were free and reached for a tall candelabra sitting beside the altar, she swung it hard at Etienne's head before he even knew she was free and watched with satisfaction when he crumpled to the floor unconscious.
“Bastard” Lily said to Etienne's unconscious form before she raced over to Tristan, careful not to trip over the skirt of the wedding gown she wore.

“Tristan!” She cried happily, tossing herself into his arms “I'm so happy, I thought you hated me! I love you, Tristan! I love you, from your laugh to your bad temper, I love all of you!”
“You stupid girl!” Violet shouted, standing up from her set in the front row “You dare strike my son when he was good enough to want a freak like you for a wife, how dare you!”
“Shut your mouth, Violet” Lily snapped, withdrawing from Tristan to face the aging woman “You're son is a bully and a brute, I hated him from the moment I met him. Never once did I encourage him, I have never ever wanted anything to do with him. I am leaving this village with Tristan and you best make certain your son leaves us in peace!”

Lily turned back to Tristan then after she felt she had spoken her mind enough “Tristan... take me home?”
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:54 pm

He had eyes only for Lily once Etienne had been knocked out. Cooper was still hanging back, seeing what had taken place and being too scared to do anything.

Now that his eyes were fully human again, he could see the colours that made up Lily. Her ivory skin was no longer plain white. Her clothes, hair and lips were no longer different shades of grey, instead, ivory, dark brown and a shell-pink. What stood out most was her eyes, however. He could see the pale shade they had been, but now he saw the full blue that they were. Mesmerizing.

"Certainly." He replied to her request, taking her hand and guiding her back out of town. He was happy, the world was filled with colour for the first time in years. It didn't hurt him to walk without the aid of a cane anymore.

But he knew that this might not be the end just yet. Etienne was unconscious; not dead. Somehow, he got the feeling that they wouldn't be able to live in peace until the man was taken care of, once and for all.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:30 am

Despite having recently been tied up in front of an altar and almost forcibly wedded, Lily was happy. She had found her dream come true, she had found love and as if her joy could not be greater, she was loved for everything she was.
They had reached the forest path now that would lead them on their way home back to the castle... home... Lily had a place to belong now, with a man she would love forever.

Tristan was being so warm with her, making sure she didn't trip over the long gown, asking her on occasion if she was tired and wanted to rest.
It was nearing dusk now and twilight was setting in, the time between day and night when the world seemed the most beautiful.
Lily couldn't help but gaze over at Tristan every so often as they walked, she adored him before and now? Well, he made her insides turn to mush and her cheeks bloom with a maiden's blush.

His mouth looked absolutely kissable, soft but also firm at the same time. Lily had never before been kissed and was told that the experience was the most wonderful when the person kissing you was someone you loved.
With a bright smile across her rose pink lips, Lily twirled around to stand before Tristan and wrapped her arms around his waist; She had to look up at him with him height, it was rather exciting.

Her smile was soft, sweet and full of adoring love before she got up on her toes and pressed her lips to his own, she prayed he had some experience to go on and teach her how to do this properly; If he wanted her as such someday, she wanted to be a pleasing bride.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:12 am

He should have seen it coming, the kiss. At first, he didn't react. But soon he responded, moving her lips with his and opening hers into a full kiss, not just a peck on the cheek.

When he pulled away, he couldn't help but grin. He hadn't kissed--or been kissed--in such a long time. Before Lily had taken up so many of his thoughts, he had worried that he had forgotten how to kiss.

"You're tired?" He asked, marvelling silently at how human his voice was now. Before she replied, he scooped her up in his arms--he was just as strong as he had been before, but the lack of claws made him safer.

He ran the rest of the way home, enjoying the unconstricted movements of his legs all the way back to the keep. They'd nearly been there anyway.

He took her in, carrying her through the doorway and unaware of the tradition the humans had of carrying a newlywed through the doors of their home. "Let me go and change, all right?" He said to her before he left her in the front foyer to go up to his room and change.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:59 pm

Lily laughed out merrily as Tristan scooped her up into his arms, she wrapped her arms around his neck as he raced for the castle. When they reached the castle, he opened the castle doors and carried her inside as if she was his new bride.

"Let me go and change, all right?" He said to her before he left her in the front foyer to go up to his room and change.

Lily nodded and smiled as she watched him depart to get changed, she looked down at herself and wished she had something herself to change into. It felt strange wearing the gown she had nearly been forced to marry Etienne in when she was now with Tristan, their love now known to each other.

Lily closed her eyes and smiled as she remembered what Tristan's lips had felt like against hers, it had felt so very right. It was like their lips had been crafted for each other.
"My life is changing for the better" Lily whispered to herself as she opened her eyes with a joyful smile "I am in love with a man whom loves me back, never have I been happier"

Now that the situation had died down, Lily remembered that she still wore the veil atop her head. She carefully detached it and tossed it away so it fell beside the castle doors, she would dispose of it later. Her time right now was entirely for Tristan.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:28 pm

Up in his room, he stretched his arms out as if he were awakening from a long slumber. The awkward angles his arms had been forced partially into had prevented him from being able to truly stretch out, and now that he could it felt like true heaven on earth.

Of course, having a girl love him like Lily did helped the heavenly feeling as well. Reminded that she'd be waiting downstairs, he stripped off the tattered shirt he had worn for all those years, as well as the loose black pants. He stood there naked for a minute, enjoying the idea of being human before he changed into dark hose and an undyed tunic. Plain clothes, but they were comfortable.

He also took the unused basin of water from his dresser and splashed the cold liquid on his face before wiping the water away with the old rags. He spent a minute looking at himself--him--in the mirror. Miracles were true.

Down the stairs he went, seeing Lily still in the wedding gown she'd been forced into wearing. "Would you like something else to wear?" He offered. His mother would have been a size bigger than her, but the clothes would work, if she were interested in trying them out.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:24 am

Lily looked up when she heard footsteps coming down the stairs and saw her beloved Tristan attired in nice but comfortable clothing, he looked happy.
His emerald eyes took in her attire "Would you like something else to wear?"

She smiled brightly and nodded "Yes, please. Thank you, my love, I truly appreciate it. I will be most happy to shed this garment and be rid of it and it's terrible memories"
Carefully as to not trip, Lily made her way towards the stairs to her new love, reaching out her hand for his. She wanted so much to touch him, she couldn't get enough of him after realizing that she had not been the only one developing feelings of the romantic sort.

"I am so happy you came for me" Lily said, her bright blue eyes full of warmth and adoration, most of all... love "When Etienne kidnapped me in the woods, I thought I'd never see you ever again... it was then I realized that I had fallen in love. The idea of never seeing you again, it broke my heart"
Joy filled her as she gazed upon the man she knew she was going to spend the rest of her life with, she had found her happily ever after in the most unlikely place and she couldn't possibly be happier than she was now.

She was still a little worried about Etienne though, they had left him alive back in the village and he was never the sort the handle humiliation very well at all, she feared he might return to exact his revenge on them both.
Forcing herself to banish those fearful thoughts, Lily fixed her bright blue eyes on the emerald eyes of her true love and smiled "I love you, Tristan and thank you... thank you for loving me... I never thought it possible for anyone to fall in love with anyone like me"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:23 pm

He smiled and took her hand, leading her up the stairs as she spoke. But when she mentioned that she didn't think it was possible for people to fall in love with her, he had to stop. "You think you can't have love?" He asked, not believing what he had heard.

"Lily. You are warm and kind. You are beautiful and smart, not to mention incredibly strong. Honestely, I couldn't imagine meeting anyone like you, who could love me even when I didn't love myself." He couldn't keep the disbelief from her words from his eyes, but pride kept him from betraying too much of his emotion just yet.

Even before he'd been turned into a monster, pride had been his greatest sin. Even greater than his vanity. Even though he had learned to look under the skin to see what was there, pride still kept him from fully revealing what he felt like in reaction.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:50 pm

Lily smiled bashfully and turned her bright ice blue eyes down at to the floor as her fair skin was graced with a maidenly blush, her hand encased in his gave his hand a loving squeeze.
"You are not a bad person" Lily insisted, her voice filled with warmth and love "You came to my rescue three times, you protected me when no one else would. You always had a beautiful heart, you just couldn't see it yet"

He was proud, that was sure, or perhaps a bit afraid. Lily was not deterred however, she would stay by her Tristan's side forever until the day came that either time came crashing down or if heaven forbid, he decided he did not want her anymore.
She prayed that never happened, because Tristan was everything to her and Lily couldn't imagine life anymore without him.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

So the beasts curse had been broken and he carried off Lily to his castle for a mushy gushy happily ever after.
It made Etienne want to puke, or perhaps that was just the pounding headache wreaking havoc on his head, he still could not believe Lily had attacked him. How had she even gotten loose?

"Don't worry about that hussy, my son" Violet crooned, putting a cold rag on Etienne's head where Lily had struck him "There are plenty of maidens in the village that would love to marry you, Lily is not the only option. She never was, let her and her lover have each other. She was never good enough for you anyway, too strange"
Etienne frowned and turned angry amber eyes on his mother "No, Lily is a rarity and the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, I will have her and no other. I will kill that bride thief and take Lily back"

Violet sighed, her son was too stubborn and she wasn't certain if he was going to walk away from this particular squabble alive.
"You will not heed me" Violet said, dipping the cloth back into the wooden bucket filled with cold water "You will just do as you wish no matter what, just do not say I did not try to warn you to stay away from this"
Etienne scoffed and continued to allow his mother to nurse his head.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:04 am

He shrugged, not quite believing her but placating her nonetheless. "Come on, I'll let you see the clothes." He merely said, taking her hand and gently leading her up the stairs. His mother's room had been in the family suites, down the hallway his own room was in. It was the last door to the right, whereas his was at the end of the hallway itself.

He opened the door, letting the door swing the rest of the way on its own. The room was dark, with its curtains drawn and no torches lit. He picked one of the torches outside of the room out of its wire holder and lit the ones inside.

With the room more clearly lit, they could see the emerald green wallpaper and honey-brown wood furniture. There was a wardrobe in the corner, filled with hose and long tunics, as well as more formal clothes.

"I'll leave you to pick something out. I think that my mother would have liked you, I'm sure she wouldn't mind you using them." He added, smiling slightly before leaving her to it and heading back downstairs. He went into the library and knelt, beginning to clean up the mess he had left behind earlier that day, another life ago.

DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:24 pm

"I'll leave you to pick something out. I think that my mother would have liked you, I'm sure she wouldn't mind you using them."
Lily smiled lovingly at Tristan before he left the room, she turned the clothes in the wardrobe and set to work choosing something suitable for her to wear.

She eventually chose a long sapphire blue skirt with silver embroidery along the hem that just brushed her toes and paired it with a matching sapphire blue tunic with the same silver embroidery along the neck and around the bottoms of the sleeves, it was all a bit loose on her but it was easily solved when she found a silver sash to tie around her waist. It all looked quite nice on her.

She found some sapphire blue slippers at the bottom which to her surprise, fit her just fine.
After she was dressed and the offending wedding gown discarded, she went out in search of Tristan, though she already had an idea of where to find him.
Lily assumed he would be in the library, she doubted he wanted that reminder of what had happened before her rescue to remain.

Sure enough, once she made her way to the library and entered, she found him kneeling down to clean up the mess.
Lily came to his side and knelt down beside him, though careful not to damage the skirt, she smiled at him sweetly before she began to assist him in picking it up.
"No need to do this alone, you don't need to do anything alone now" She said and then smiled at him adoringly "I love you, Tristan, with all my heart"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:56 am

"No need to do this alone, you don't need to do anything alone now." She said and then smiled at him adoringly, "I love you, Tristan, with all my heart."

Tristan looked at her quickly as her hair spilled down around her face, then he turned to continue fixing up. He loved her, but he liked his privacy as well. He had actually enjoyed the quiet process of picking up books. He wouldn't say anything about it just yet, but he hoped that Lily would come to understand that he needed his space too.

Instead, he turned his mind further ahead to new challenges. He couldn't hunt so easily anymore, he wouldn't be as strong, or as able to carry his hunt back with him. And he was clumsy with knives now, having been used to cutting with his claws.

They have to start trading for food. The town they were both pariahs from now was the closest town. the others were both a two-day's ride at least. They'd have to be careful; two days in the woods was dangerous for anyone unfamiliar with its paths. He'd have to teach Lily how to get to them, but even if he did he'd probably be the one doing the bargaining. Those towns were large and had no respect for a pretty woman trying to speak for herself.

"We're gonna need to change some things now that you're living here for good, and I'm...me again." He said, picking up a book and flipping it so the spine faced the right way.

"We need to find a way for food. Vegetables, preserves, things like that. Theres a few towns nearby though, I won't force you back to that place.

"If I could get a supply of vegetables for us, would you be able to plant a garden?"
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:03 am

"We're gonna need to change some things now that you're living here for good, and I'm...me again." He said, picking up a book and flipping it so the spine faced the right way.

"We need to find a way for food. Vegetables, preserves, things like that. Theres a few towns nearby though, I won't force you back to that place.

"If I could get a supply of vegetables for us, would you be able to plant a garden?"

Lily took everything he said in and couldn't help but smile, sure things would be a little hard at first, but he really was going out of his way for her.
She nodded "Yes, I can plant stawberries and berry bushes too. I know how to make all sorts of jam preserves, gardening and such was always a hobby to keep the loneliness at bay"

Her expression turned kind of sorrowful as she remembered all those years isolated and alone, how many different people wanted her dead because she was so different.
She pushed it back though, there was no reason to be sad anymore, Tristan would never let her be alone again.
Lily looked up at Tristan and smiled brightly "No matter what hardships we come upon, we'll make it through just fine, because we're together"

"So um, are there many other werewolves around?" Lily asked, trying to learn more about the man she loved.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2