FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Escalon, The Search for the Greedy Goblin: Episode One

3 posters

Go down

Escalon, The Search for the Greedy Goblin: Episode One Empty Escalon, The Search for the Greedy Goblin: Episode One

Post by Seth Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:36 am

Escalon... a land full of secrets, mystery and magic.

A poster has been pinned to countless places around Escalon and your character will have seen the poster and will want to join the quest, whether it be for the money, the spoils of war or just the adventure, or something else entirely, you decide. This is how the poster will read:

Dear Sir or Madam of Escalon,
We are the Bounty Lords and we have need to find a prized possession which has been stolen from a wealthy lady of the land called Esmerelda. Will you assist us in this hunt?
The Greedy Goblin
We know only that the Goblin is short, fat and green as you would expect. The item was stolen during a party which was being held by Esmerelda and one of the guests managed to see the item with the Goblin. We have been tracking him although he has recently joined with several others and we fear he has a Clan of Goblins which he has now returned to. We can not get this item back without assistance and this is why we need you.
Your Task
You must spend 30 days and 30 nights searching for this Goblin with your comrades. If you do not succeed within that time we fear it is too late and he will have disappeared completely.
The Reward
You will be rewarded with 100 Pieces of Gold and anything you can scavenge from the hunt yourselves.

Thank you for helping us and we wish you the best of luck,

Bounty Lord Leader, Skullcrusher.

RP Description
This is a fantasy RP which will be split up into short episodes to keep people on their toes. Depending on how they fare the episodes may become longer or shorter and the OOC threads will basically act as a Tavern for the RP itself.

This RP will also have some elements of classic RPG video games, such as gold and items. This could become more if it works out or we could just get rid of it altogether if it doesn't.

As Escalon is a new land, there are no boundaries on races or locations. You can create whatever you please, just keep it within the rules of the RP itself. Also, as GM I will decide whether your ideas will suit a medieval, fantasy setting.

Rules:
1. No god characters, you must have your weaknesses, for example if you are a talented swordsman you wouldn't be an equally talented bowman.

2. This is the first episode, you characters must feel fresh and new to questing, therefore they can't be grizzled veterans.

3. There are no limits on explicit descriptions.

4. This isn't a freeform RP you must be a part of the Quest to be in the RP.

5. Have fun!

Character Sheet

Name:
Class:
Mana: 10 (For Mage characters only)
Gold: 50 (Everyone begins with 50 gold and can buy whatever they want with it or save it for something better, please keep your OOC character sheet up-to-date)
Background:
Physical Description: (Picture or description will do)
Small phrase: (Use my character on the roster as an example)

Gold
At the start of each quest there will be a window to allow you to buy items such as strength potions, weapons, armour etc. I will post a list of available items and it will basically determine how well you fair during a battle, whether you sustain any injuries or you deal more damage etc.

Mana
This decides how many times you can use a spell, once you are out of mana you can do no more until you rest. Mana is completely restored once rested.

Classes

Warrior - A skilled swordsman, whether it be shield and sword, dual blades, two handed is up to you.

Archer - Skilled in the arts of marksmanship.

Ranger - Can use both sword and bow but is not as accurate as an Archer and is not as powerful as a Warrior.

Mage - Skilled in the ways of magic, there are 3 original trees of magic. Fire, Ice and Earth. If you're a fire mage please put as your class, Mage of Fire and so on for other two trees.

Rogue - A stealthy fighter, fairs better during the night and usually uses daggers, ropes and other silent ways to kill their enemies.

Battle-mage - A battle-mage has the basic concepts of magic but is ultimately more skilled with a blade than magic. A battle-mage is restricted to two spells per day whereas a normal mage is restricted to its current mana level. A Battle-mage can not increase its mana level with gold.

Feel free to create your own classes but please provide a short description like I have and they can't be good at everything.

Current Roster:
Skullcrusher - A Bounty Lord (Seth)

Thank you, I shall post up my character sheet as soon as possible and if I've forgotten anything please tell me.

Last edited by Seth on Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Seth
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Escalon, The Search for the Greedy Goblin: Episode One Empty Re: Escalon, The Search for the Greedy Goblin: Episode One

Post by Seth Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:51 am

Name: Skullcrusher
Race: Human
Class: Battle-mage
Mana: 2
Gold: 50
Background: Skullcrusher began life in a village in the north called Snowguard although when his mother and father passed away he was forced to live in an orphanage. The Bounty Lords found him after murdering the Orphanage owner and took him under their wing with a few other Orphans too. They trained him in the ways of magic and of the blade and soon became very talented. He grew in the ranks of the Bounty Lords and soon become one himself. At the mere age of 28 he began his first quest.
Physical Description: A strapping and handsome young man. A black mess of hair and black armour which is taped together with pieces of leather.
Small phrase: A Bounty Lord.

Class - Battle-mage
A Battle-mage has the basic concepts of magic but is ultimately more skilled with a blade than magic. A battle-mage is restricted to two spells per day whereas a normal mage is restricted to its current mana level. A Battle-mage can not increase its mana level with gold.

Seth
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Escalon, The Search for the Greedy Goblin: Episode One Empty Re: Escalon, The Search for the Greedy Goblin: Episode One

Post by Talas Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:52 pm

Well, I am certainly interested, and believe you should move this to the Casual OoC forum link instead of the interest check though.
Talas
Talas
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Oh yeah, you're right. If I could move it I definitely would. Thanks for your post of interest Smile

Seth
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:07 pm

This feels very Dungeons and Dragons-esque. Do you think it would be possible to make a druid class? If not, maybe a barbarian?
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:08 pm

Bird of Hermes wrote:This feels very Dungeons and Dragons-esque. Do you think it would be possible to make a druid class? If not, maybe a barbarian?

Sure, go for it Smile

Seth
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down