FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angels and Demons

2 posters

Go down

Angels and Demons Empty Angels and Demons

Post by Ruu Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:29 pm

~Here's our discussion thread.

So I guess I'd ask what time period. Again it would seem medieval times would fit, though a more modern setting might be interesting. I was thinking the RP would begin with the battle between the angel and the demon, the angel being defeated. The demon takes him as a prize and to set an example, but a day or two later learns from his own soothsayers that something called merely Chaos is destroying much of the land he has conquered and has set its sights on him. The only way to stop it is for a being of pure light and a being of ultimate darkness to light seven beacons of Hope and restore balance to the world.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Angels and Demons Empty Re: Angels and Demons

Post by Tortured Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:48 pm

That's awesome, I love the idea! Though, my demon is going to absolutely hate it! Very Happy

As for setting, I think modern times would be neat. Away from huge cities though, maybe set in the wilderness. That massive forest in Russia, the Taiga, might be a neat setting. It's the largest forest region on the planet and spans across both Northern Europe and the northern parts of North America. I was thinking of keeping it in Russia because it would be a neat spin on things, diverting away from a North American setting.

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:03 pm

XD Yea, sounds like he won't like it at all.

I like the idea of setting it in the Taiga in Russia. And maybe the beacons could be at famous landmarks or something like that.

I can probably have my character sheet up tomorrow. I would do it tonight, but I have a massive headache and probably should get to bed.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortured Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:52 pm

Okay. I'll work on mine over the next few days as I'm not quite sure where to go with this one yet. Smile

Go rest your mind <3

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:43 pm

~Alrighties. Take your time, there isn't any rush. Here's mine; maybe it'll give you some ideas to go off of. And if my bio contradicts any ideas you have, please tell me and I can change it.

Name: Nathaliel (known as Nathan on Earth)

- Healing others
- Divine justice being served
- Quiet and solitude

Dislikes:
- Those who use others to further their own gains.
- Blasphemy
- Unnecessary violence.

Strengths/Powers: Nathan is extremely agile, his wings lending him even greater speed. He also has great endurance, and his body can heal itself at an extremely fast rate. He can use the powers of light including illusions, as all angels can, and is also a skilled healer. As the angel of rivers in heaven, he can call upon rivers and other sources of water to his aid. His wings can also solidify to create a nearly impenetrable barrier.

Weaknesses: Nathan's most glaring weakness is that when his wings are bound, he becomes completely powerless. He loses his speed, his self-regeneration abilities, and endurance. Though he can still call on the powers of light and of the waters, they are not nearly as potent as when his wings are free. He also is very compassionate, and even can be distracted in the heat of battle if someone needs his help.

Bio: Nathaliel was the angel of rivers and seas, and had powers over healing and cleansing. For many years he served in Heaven, but each angel was sent at one time or another to Earth, and each angel was given a specific tasks. In the year 20X, a great demon arose on the Earth and began amassing an army. It was strange for Nathaliel to be given the task of stopping the demon, for he was a healer, not a fighter. Nevertheless, he was completely obedient and trusted in the providence of his Lord.

Once on Earth, he found himself in the sprawling country of Russia. Though not in one accord with their ideals, he joined their military forces, as they were one of the few countries left defending themselves against the demonic horde. His natural leadership ability coupled with his concern for his fellow soldiers caused him to rise quickly in the ranks, until he was leading his own contingent. He knows the smaller battles are meaningless for the demon must be stopped, but he wishes to save as many human lives as he can in the process. None of the men in his unit know that he is an angel, but they do know he is as skilled as a doctor when it comes to medicine, and it seems that even those on the brink of death can be cured by his healing hands.

Nathan can be as strict and demanding as a human commanding officer when needed during the heat of battle, but he becomes quite a different person outside of battle. He is soft-spoken and gentle, leaving many to marvel at the intensity he shows during the war. Nevertheless, that intensity is still there inside of his eyes, for he always prepared, even during the most peaceful of times. He has little compassion for demons; besides, even when they are slayed on Earth, they merely are returned to the abyss where they belong. He has trouble, however, destroying those humans who were tricked in forced into the servitude of the demon. Though wise, he also displays a certain naivety at times, for he was raised in a place where evil had never trod.

Looks: Nathan has the hair the color of spun gold, cut short to just below his ears. His eyes are as blue as the sky, filled with the purity of heaven, yet a certain determination and nobility of bearing. He is rather tall, almost 6', and though he isn't extremely muscular, his body is very fit. He wears clothing that looks as if it were a camouflaged suit, but it actually has the ability to shift with his surroundings to blend him into any terrain. His wings are spread like an eagle's, but white as a dove's. He keeps the wings hidden with a simple illusion, and though he knows the demon will see right through it, at least he won't have to reveal his secret to his men before the time is right.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortured Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:47 pm

That looks excellent to me! I think both of our chars will work well off of each other. Over the next few days I will put together my own char, and you can tell me if it will work <3

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortured Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:15 pm

Hope this works for you Smile

Name: Harbinger of Sin (Patrick on Earth)

Age: Looks to be in his mid to late 20s, but has been trapped in Hell for the better part of a thousand years. His appearance changes depending on the bodies he possesses

-Watching pure of heart give in to sin
-Devouring the hearts of angels
-Being insulted, and other such things

Dislikes:
-Purity
-Compliments
-God and all who stand with him
-Being thwarted

Strengths/Powers: A Prince of Hell, Harbinger holds under his command his own army. This consists of four generals and four hundred and forty four soldiers. His number is Four, and he is the demon who unbalances the balance. If a human or an idea on the Earth planes needs to be tipped a certain way, he holds the power to shift it to his side. In that way, it is said that he is a demon of sin… for he encourages it in the mortal race.

Adept in battle, Harbinger is his own weapon. His demonic form is twelve feet tall, and he is covered in spikes. The ability to manipulate his own flesh and tissue is his greatest weapon, for he is able to craft an arm into flesh, or make his skin into a shield.

Weaknesses: Energy is Harbinger’s greatest weakness. He needs vast amounts of souls in order to manipulate people, as well as his own flesh. And so, this energy need in mind, he has become one of few demons who preys mostly upon angels. They give him a source of power that can’t be matched by human souls. This, too, serves as a weakness, as in order to kill an angel he must be that much closer to the gates of Heaven. Each time he feasts, he risks his own life.

Bio: Spawned from the depths of Hell a thousand years ago, Harbinger of Sin was never human. He was created to try and tip the balance of goodness and purity into dark things, and was given no other purpose. With him he was given an army and four generals, for his number was 444. The army’s number was also 444, and with each death another took its place, leaving the number of soldiers in balance.

It wasn’t long before Harbinger started to rise among the demons, taking station after station, and using brutality and merciless means in order to get what he wanted. Many died under his rule, and in his wake, but he showed no care. Power and glory were all that mattered to him. Strength, too, was something that he actively sought.

For hundreds of years he feasted on the souls of mortals, human and supernatural alike. When he gathered enough power, he unleashed himself from Hell by the means of a human named Patrick. Patrick was a demonologist at an upstanding university, and had always dabbled in summoning rituals. Given that, it was easy for Harbinger to convince him to set him free, and he promptly took his body. It didn’t take long, though, for Harbinger to realize that souls just weren’t going to cut it.

Harbinger devoured his first angel not long after. It was during a battle between the forces of Heaven and Hell, and he was almost torn asunder. In desperation he tore a chunk out of the angel’s shoulder with his teeth. The taste and the zing that went with it spurred him into greater strength. After he killed the angel, he devoured it like a lion would devour a wildebeest. After that, and in the midst of war, he took the time to feast upon the angels and all pure beings that he killed, or came upon.

With the war still raging full tilt, talk of an angel eating demon raise concerns in Heaven’s ranks. Not only may they be killed upon facing Harbinger of Sin… but they may be eaten as well.

Looks: Tall, stocky, and compact are good ways to describe Harbinger’s chosen human body. Built for strength and power, usually he only needs to deliver a single blow in order to defeat another in battle. Gray eyes are like thunderclouds, and deep red hair give him a Scottish charm. His voice is soft and tender, a gentleness to it that allows him to manipulate with. His soft ways can turn ugly in a moment, though, encompassed by the foul demon within.

Marks of Hell mar his skin in the form of scars and brands, each one permanently carved into his flesh. Even more are actually scraped into his very bones.

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:38 pm

~I'm glad you like it! Yours looks totally awesome as well! This is going to be really exciting an interesting!

When do you think you'd like this to start?
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortured Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:01 am

Anytime is great! My muse is faltering a little tonight, so if you want me to start I can do it tomorrow. But if you want to start, go for it. Maybe it will shake my muse up a little Very Happy

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:08 am

~I don't mind making an opening post. I'm going to be a little busy tomorrow so it probably would be good to at least have it started tonight. I should have it up in a little bit. Smile
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:54 am

~Alrighties, I have it up! Here's the link.

http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4126-angels-and-demons

If you need me to change anything to make it fit better, please let me know and I'll be happy to change it.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortured Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:26 am

Looks awesome1 I replied Very Happy

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:33 pm

~Yours is awesome too! I'll get a post up soon!
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortured Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:32 pm

Just wondering when we are getting into the actual plot of the story Very Happy I don't really care who wins, either way, but it'd be nice to start getting ready to fight this Chaos dude! Let me know where your thoughts are on this <3

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:10 pm

~Oh yea, we should definitely get there soon. Sorry, I just got so wrapped up in this part. You can have the Harbinger win the battle whenever you want, most likely by binding Nathaliel's wings, and then for some reason he decides to keep him alive a little longer. And then soon after that some of the demons report that Chaos and its forces are beginning to swallow the Harbinger's territory whole. His seers state that only a blend of Light and Darkness can stop Chaos, and then the journey can begin!
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortured Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:42 pm

Okay, let's let the fight go on a little longer then, a few more posts Very Happy I'm really enjoying it!

Then we can get into the more awesome stuff. Thanks for the clarification <3

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:01 pm

~Awesome, I'm enjoying it too!

I'm just glad it's not getting boring or anything. If you have any other questions just fire away! Smile
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down