FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Born from Extinction (Fadded and Sunwolf007)

Go down

Born from Extinction (Fadded and Sunwolf007) Empty Born from Extinction (Fadded and Sunwolf007)

Post by Sunwolf007 Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:07 pm

Basic Information:

Two years after the International Genetics Technologies Inc. (InGen) Incident the company faced financial difficulty due to the death of CEO Sir Franklin Clifton. The Incident cost the company billions once the final bill came and InGen was facing bankruptcy. That was when Biological Synthetics Inc. (Biosyn) purchased InGen. Once that Bisosyn had access to InGen’s files they researched the InGen Incident. Realizing that now the Dinos would be qualified as wildlife, and therefor a resource, they looked to exploit the island wildlife. Biosyn created a team of the best scientist to inspect the island and lay claim to it for Biosyn. The team’s responsibilities are to view the ‘wildlife’ in its natural habitat and record these findings to claim the island for Biosyn. Once this is accomplished the plan is for the scientists on the team to have exclusive publishing rights to anything they find. Biosyn plans on eventually taking the ‘wildlife’ off the island for its own protection and creating a biological zoo like the world has never seen.

Our characters will be the ones pulled together to form the team sent to the island by Biosyn. This is going to be loosely based on the movie and novel The Lost World as well as ideas in my RP Jurassic Park.

Map
Spoiler:

Characters:
(please note that I may have you change details)

Death Count:
0 (0%)

Code:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Job / Profession:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b] (you may use a photo)
[b]Bio:[/b]

Suggestions for characters:

Paleontologist
Paleobotany Expert
Journalist
Animal Behaviorist
Survivor from the InGen Incident
Hired security for the team

(anything else that could apply)

Current Characters:

The team:

Dr. James Malone [Sunwolf007]
Spoiler:

Dinosaurs
Note that all the statistics are for fully gown dinosaurs

Name: Tyrannosaurus Rex
Spoiler:

Name: Dilophosaurus
Spoiler:

Name: Utahraptor
Spoiler:

Name: Baryonyx
Spoiler:

Name: Pteranodon
Spoiler:

Name: Brachiosaurs
Spoiler:

Name: Triceratops
Spoiler:

Name: Stegosaurus
Spoiler:

Name: Pachycephalosaurus
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sunwolf007 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Born from Extinction (Fadded and Sunwolf007) Empty Re: Born from Extinction (Fadded and Sunwolf007)

Post by Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:59 pm

Okay sounds good to me. ^^

Back to top Go down

Born from Extinction (Fadded and Sunwolf007) Empty Re: Born from Extinction (Fadded and Sunwolf007)

Post by Sunwolf007 Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:06 pm

Looked over your last PM and it seems we have our outlines for our character profiles done. I think, unless I am missing something important, Plot should be worked on next. One thing we need to figure out is how they heard of the island, how they got there and who they brought with them. I am not opposed to some expendable NPCs. (How else are we going to make the dinos deadly Twisted Evil ) Your thoughts?

Edit: We also need to agree on a name for this RP.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:49 pm

Lol I don't mind what we name the rp. Whatever you want. ^^

Let's see... Maybe the read an article in the scientific journals about this experiment and they decide to go? Probably got there by helicopter and maybe a team of two or three other people?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:20 pm

Two years after the International Genetics Technologies Inc. (InGen) Incident the company faced financial difficulty. The Incident cost the company billions once the final bill came and InGen was facing bankruptcy. That was when Biological Synthetics Inc. (Biosyn) purchased InGen. Once that Bisosyn had access to InGen’s files they researched the InGen Incident. Realizing that now the Dinos would be qualified as wildlife, and therefor a resource, they looked to exploit the island wildlife. Biosyn created a team of the best scientist to inspect the island and lay claim to it for Biosyn. The team’s responsibilities are to view the ‘wildlife’ in its natural habitat and record these findings to claim the island for Biosyn. Once this is accomplished the plan is for the scientists on the team to have exclusive publishing rights to anything they find. Biosyn plans on eventually taking the ‘wildlife’ off the island for its own protection and creating a biological zoo like the world has never seen.

Basically I was thinking that could be the back story. Our characters would be approached by Biosyn to be on the investigation team. Of course they would sign on and I think that could cover the scientists of the group. I was thinking for the other people on the investigation team would comprise of one survivor of the InGen Incident and two hired guns for safety. What do you think of this idea?

Name wise I am pretty terrible at naming things. All I can think of is calling it The Lost World since I am ripping off of the ideas from the two novels and the second movie. Do you have any suggestions?
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:03 am

That sounds good for the back story. As for names... let's see... I suck at names to:

-Dragons of the past

-Behind the Fossil (lol yes some of these are weird XP)

- Born from Extinction

- Path of Enlightened Danger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:23 am

My favorite is 'Born from Extinction'. Way better than anything I could have came up with. I am going to say that we should use that one. So we need 3 more characters to be created and modify the first post of my JP RP to reflect the changes for this one. How about you take the character creation while I modify the old JP RP (I just found a very useful sight and am looking forward to modifying it)? Would that work for you?

Edit: 1,800th post. At least this one was useful for something unlike some of the other milestone posts I have made.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:22 pm

Lol on the post part. Sorry I've been gone. I've been busy. Just so you know, I'll do my best to at least post here once a week on busy weeks. And for the character creation, did you want something in depth? Honestly, I just thought of them as NPCs lol. I don't usually do profiles for rps. If you want the profiles, I don't mind doing them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:42 am

I've been busy as well. I understand only being able to post once or twice a week since I am in college and sometimes other things come up. Real life happens so don't worry about making a post limit or something like that. I don't mind the NPC approach but we still need something to generally outline who the character is. Nothing too in depth but something that at least is an outline for whoever needs to write for the NPC. When I get time I will finish my revamp of the info for the first post. Like I said sometimes college/real life gets in the way of doing things.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down