FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2009 Film)

Go down

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2009 Film) Empty The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2009 Film)

Post by WolfsGhost Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:59 am

I've recently had the chance to sit down and watch "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".

So, I would like to first say that, prior to watching it, I've always thought of it as a romantic fantasy (almost like Twilight, and I haven't seen Twilight) so I didn't bother watching it before. However, at Wal-Mart I noticed another movie that had a similar title and cover art, so it kinda peaked my interest, I decided to investigate.

Upon picking the movie case up in my hand, I pointed it out that another movie had a similar cover to a couple of my friends, one of which said it (the movie) was based on a series of books, a book series that I'll go and pick up now.

Anyways, as I said, I decided to actually sit down and watch it. Going into the movie with an open mind, and trying not to actually consider it anything similar to Twilight, or any sort of Romance story. Which I suppose was a great idea to actually go into. After a good ten minutes or so, I realized I made one vital mistake in my judgment of the movie when it came out. It wasn't anything like a romance.

Suffice to say, I always enjoy a great thriller, rarely coming across any to be exact. I'm, not really looking forwards to see the 2011 re-make of the movie, if I'm reading this wikipedia entry correctly, though for the sake of commentary, I'll probably go and watch it.

That's pretty much it I guess. I've enjoyed the movie, and as I said, I don't really see the need for a second adaptation of a recently released movie to be released again in 2011 with different actors. Let me hear your thoughts on the movie, and hopefully if enough people have read the book or watched the movie we could have a discussion based on it!

NOTE: I know movies tend to leave important details out from time-to-time, so I'll most likely pick up the book the next time I'm out of the house and heading towards a book store.
WolfsGhost
WolfsGhost
Mist
Mist

Male

Location : Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, The Universe

Back to top Go down