FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hail to those near and far

+2
Silvan Arrow
Rakaa
6 posters

Go down

Hail to those near and far Empty Hail to those near and far

Post by Rakaa Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:49 am

Such a strange path brought me to this forum, and in tossing about through the forums, the description, and the writing...I felt a need to join. I have often sought a lovely place to call home for writings of all sorts. I tend to leap game to game, topic to topic, and enjoy the devilish work of a storyteller. I've been in the realms of tabletops since a wee lass. And I've recently been seeking a place to continue writing. I'll admit, I'm not sure if this site has a specific line of writing such as a defined campaign (still perusing and reading), or if it's a rather open sort of forum to anything and everything. I do see there is a custom setting, may dive in there next to read.

I do hope this little jaunt becomes something long-term and fulfilling. And one of my favorite rpers to read posts here, dear Frostglare. So we shall see indeed!

Thank you for reading, and looking forward to writing with others.

As to some random games I've written fan tales and campaigns for friends... D&D, Kindred of the East, Dark Ages Vampire, Exalted (all flavors), Mage: The Ascension, and World of Warcraft - among many others.

Rakaa
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Hail to those near and far Empty Re: Hail to those near and far

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:00 pm

Welcome to FoG, Rakaa! Whatever convoluted path brought you here, we are certainly glad to have you! Many of our members join FoG seeking a place to call home for their writing, and they have certainly found it here. We are open to pretty much any genre of role-playing (please see the Rules for the few things that aren't allowed) and all just want to help each other grow as writers and storytellers. I certainly hope you can find a writing home among us crazy, eliterate writers!

I'm SilvanArrow, one of the friendly Global Moderators. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me or any of the staff. We would be more than happy to help you!

All right, the rest of the welcome wagon should be along any minute, so I'll just say enjoy your stay!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Christoph Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:22 am

Welcome home, Rakaa. You are going to love it here. I know how it feels to wander the internet endlessly, searching to find The Site -- a forum to actually care about. I found it in FoG, and I bet you will too. That said, I'm Christoph (obviously), one of FoG's orange-clad IC Moderators. I love Old World of Darkness and Exalted as well, so we might have to get an RP going for one of those eventually.

I may as well take this opportunity for some shameless self-advertising! I'm currently working on a Writer's Corner series (I'm super late on the next installment, but I promise I'm working on it!). Next, you might enjoy entering our Halloween Writing Contest.

It's good to have you here!
Christoph
Christoph
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:14 am

Hi, Rakaa. Welcome to FoG!

We allow all types of role-plays here, but we do have 2 specific settings that you might be interested in. They are Caligo and Emoria. Caligo has its own role-playing forum, and Emoria can be found inside the Casual section as a subforum. I hope you find what you are looking for! Smile
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rakaa Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:21 am

Why thank you all! Still working through a bit of a home move, but I definitely will be reading through the many wonderful posts and stories. And the tips on settings will be followed in quick Sherlock Holmes fashion.

Rakaa
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Greetings, Rakaa!

Hail to those near and far Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay here.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:44 pm

Wait, you know Adrius Frostglare?? Awesome!!
I haven't seen him around in forever, but he was great!

Welcome to the FOG, Rakaa! cheers
As Fate said, Caligo and Emoria fit your description. Caligo is the more official one and has more of a sci-fi nature to it--basically the FOG world--while Emoria grew as a spontaneous world-building project and has a fantasy setting.
Whether either, neither or both, do enjoy your exploration of the site! There's plenty to do an see, and we're here for you if you have any questions along the way. Very Happy

Looking forward to seeing some of your writing!
Welcome again, and enjoy the swirly mists! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down