FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hail from Wildsword

+5
Dax
Lord Revan
Kathryn Lacey
Delve
Wildsword
9 posters

Go down

Hail from Wildsword Empty Hail from Wildsword

Post by Wildsword Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:05 pm

Hail to all ye roleplayers of the written word!

I'm new to the site and thought I'd say hello. I heard about the site from my buddy Solrok (sorry mang don't know how to do the umlauts). It sounded like something fun and new to try and a good way to keep the writing skills up and network with some fellow writers so I why not give it a shot!
I mean I like roleplaying I like meeting and connecting with new people, win win!

I've been roleplaying for awhile now but it was always in the wonderful world of dice and never strictly with the written word so I'm excited to try that out! I've done some sim battling but other than that roleplaying through threads is new to me so please be patient if a foul things up a bit here and there as I'm sure to do.

Looking forward to meeting, chatin' and roleplaying with you folks!

Cheers!
Wildsword
Wildsword
Mist
Mist

Male

http://greyhiem@comcast.net

Back to top Go down

Hail from Wildsword Empty Re: Hail from Wildsword

Post by Delve Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:27 pm

Welcome to FoG! I'm the one responsible for bringing Sol here and we never roleplayed together until now hehe. Enjoy your stay! Nice to meet you.
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.emery3d.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:01 pm

Welcome to FoG, Wildsword!

It's great to see another new face in these parts. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here as so many others have and do. It's really great to try new things. I've really just done MMO and play-by-post, and I thoroughly enjoy this. I hope you do, too!

I'm Kathryn, and I'm one of the friendly FoG moderators. If you have any questions or concerns, or if you want advice, I'm here for you.

I hope you have a wonderful time!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:37 pm

Welcome to FoG, Wildsword. This is a great place to meet new people, and to get into written role-playing. It's good that Sol told you about us.

My name is Marc and I am an OOC Moderator. If you have any questions, or need help, feel free to contact myself or any of the other staff here at FoG!

Enjoy your stay.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildsword Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:18 pm

Thanks for the welcome all!

Delve: thanks for the welcome, hopefully we'll do some roleplayin in the near future. Or just chattin' either way looking forward to it!
Wildsword
Wildsword
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:47 pm

Allo and welcome to FoG, Wildsword!

I am going to be brutally honest and say that 1. you look like a cool guy, so you better drop by the Chatbox or the IRC channel at one point (If you're telling yourself 'what the hell is this guy talking about?', feel free to PM me or just respond in this thread.) and 2. your avatar is awesome! And slightly familiar. xD Is he from a tv-series or something?

I really hope to see you joining a RP soon, Wild! And bring Scruffy (yes, I just named you avatar Razz)!
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildsword Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:35 pm

Hah! Thanks man,

Yeah I'm pretty new to the whole forum thing so I'm pretty clueless in the navigation department. I could use a helping hand and a point in the right direction, thanks.

As far as my avatar goes, it's Haimish from Brave Heart. When I was a wee lad and saw this movie for the first time I wanted to be him when I grew up!
Wildsword
Wildsword
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:36 pm

Yup, he's from Braveheart, but he also reminds me of the second-in-command in the Beowulf movie. What's his name... *looks it up* ...Wiglaf! Which starts with a W, coincidentally! ^_^

Welcome to the FOG, Wildsword! cheers
No worries on being new to role-playing. Any number of us would be happy to walk you through it. Just be sure to read the rules so you know what's expected, and if you have any doubts please make use of the staff's expertise as well as your fellow role-players. I'm an In-Character moderator, so feel free to PM me anytime with IC-related questions. I'd be happy to coach you along. Very Happy

You know who the avatar also reminds me of--a little? Roland, from A Knight's Tale! xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:00 pm

Greetings, Wildsword!

Hail from Wildsword Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

I hope you have a nice stay here. Like Kalon said, no worries. There's plenty people here to help.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:18 am

Welcome to FoG, Wildsword! I'm glad Sol told you about us! We've had a lot new members join as a result of friends recruiting them, so if you know of anyone else who is looking for a good role-playing site, by all means bring them along to the party!

No worries if you've never done written role-playing before. I hadn't done much with it before joining FoG, but the people here were very helpful and patient with me while I learned the ropes. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions! I'm one of the Global Mods, so you can come to me or any of the other fantastic staff or admins.

Enjoy your stay!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sólrökr Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:59 pm

Hey buuuuuddy. We'll have to show these folks our RP style one time or another. Maybe post our current fight in the writing board or something.
Sólrökr
Sólrökr
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildsword Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:19 am

Let's finish it first....
Wildsword
Wildsword
Mist