FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm not any good at titling things.

+10
Dreamless Days
Silvan Arrow
Bird of Hermes
Tartra
Count
Fate Flyer
Lord Revan
Artorius
Kathryn Lacey
Eternal Phoenix
14 posters

Go down

I'm not any good at titling things. Empty I'm not any good at titling things.

Post by Eternal Phoenix Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:08 pm

Hi. I'm Edward. I'm 25 years old. A guy I know pointed this place out to me about a month ago. It could've been more. My memory is like a sieve. Things fall out of it all the time. He calls himself Dreamless Days here, but I know him better as Mickey. I'm American, living in the wonderful state of Maryland. I've been writing off and on since I was 15. I'm a RPG fanatic. I love them all, excepting the awful ones. I e-fed, just so that's out in the open. I love books and reading books, in that order.

What it all boils down to is that I love a good story. Regardless of whether or not I'm the one telling it. And honestly, my skills aren't up to my admittedly exacting standards. Some day I'll get there, and I hope this place can help.

I make my characters people of action with significant emotional trauma. I like cheesy cornball heroism, but not from cheesy cornball heroes, if that makes any sense at all. Sometimes I'll go weird or strange just for the sake of being different. I can sometimes find consistency limiting, so there's that.

That's about it. I'm a 25 year old gamer with lots of solo practice but only a couple years of actual RPing under my belf. I'll do my best to live up to your standards. They can't be higher than my own.
Eternal Phoenix
Eternal Phoenix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

I'm not any good at titling things. Empty Re: I'm not any good at titling things.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:14 pm

Everybody here loves a good story; that is why we are all here! I hope you enjoy your time here at FOG, Eternal Phoenix Very Happy

My writing skills really weren't too great when I joined either, and I've learned a lot since then. I am sure you will too, if you stick with role-playing. You can learn a lot from the other members here.

Back to top Go down

I'm not any good at titling things. Empty Re: I'm not any good at titling things.

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:48 pm

Welcome to FoG, Phoenix!

I think it's great that Dreamless was able to recruit someone, and I'm glad you finally decided to join.

Like you, I really love great stories, and like you, I feel my standards are probably higher than my skills. However, simply playing with others on FoG has allowed me to improve my writing a lot over the time I've been here, so I'm sure the same will be said for you.

I'm Kathryn, by the way, and I'm one of FoG's friendly moderators. If you need/want advice, or if you have any questions or concerns, you can definitely come to me ((and to any of the other lovely staff of FoG)).

I hope you enjoy your stay!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:23 am

Hey there Phoenix/Ed! Its nice to see new members doing so much recruiting! I lived in Maryland for a few years, and I really liked it. I think more often than not, especially on FOG, we're very self critical about our work and always looking to improve. In this way, I would say you've found the perfect environment to flourish in.

Well enjoy yourself Phoenix, and feel free to contact me if you have any questions or are in need of any assistance.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:29 am

Welcome to FoG!, Phoenix. Here at FoG we love a good story.

My name is Marc, and I am your friendly OOC Moderator, so feel free to cntact me or any of the other staff if you have questions or need assistance.

Enjoy your stay!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:57 am

Hi, Eternal Phoenix. Welcome to FoG!

You sound like an interesting guy. I'm looking forward to seeing more of you. I think all of us have room for improvement when it comes to writing or really anything in general, and this is a great place to get inspired by others and to learn and grow as a role-player and writer.

I like the types of characters you are interested in using. Those sound very intriguing to me! I'm definitely into heroism from nontraditional heroes.

I hope you enjoy role-playing here, and if you're worried about the standards, you can always start out slow by joining or creating a role-play in the Casual section. Have fun!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:10 pm

Hello, Phoenix. It's a pleasure to meet new faces all the time, especially on communities like FoG. I myself am rather new here, but let me be the first to tell you that the people here can make you feel right at home. Some people a little too much, but...eh, c'est la vie. At least there aren't any truly creepy people here.

Meaning I'm just pretending.

I hope to see you around, Phoenix! You seem like an interesting person, and I can't wait to see you in action, so to speak. Enjoy yourself!
Count
Count
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:17 pm

Eternal Phoenix wrote:... but only a couple years of actual RPing under my belf.

>:O Horde!
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2851668/1/The_Other_Kind_of_Roomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:20 pm

Greetings, Phoenix!

I'm not any good at titling things. Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

Welcome! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:40 pm

Welcome to FoG, Eternal Phoenix/Edward! It's great to see that so many of our current members are introducing their friends to our humble community. You're in very good company with lots of people who also love a good story and intriguing characters. Like the others said, I've also improved my writing a lot since joining FoG. This is a great site to learn from others while putting those skills into practice.

I'm SilvanArrow, one of your friendly Global Moderators and resident scientist, so feel free to ask if you have any questions. I (or any of the other wonderful staff members) would be more than happy to help. Enjoy your stay!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:28 pm

Yay! Good to see you here Ed!

But yeah, this place is totally legit when it comes to awesome RPing, you'll fit in perfectly, trust me bro. ^_^
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:30 pm

ETERNAL PHOENIX!
>.>
Yeah, there's a lot of friendly faces from SoB round these parts. Not all of them are active, but they're still here in spirit. Which has NOTHING to do with the jar of souls in my closet. Nothing whatsoever.

Welcome to FoG!

Last edited by Chainlinc3 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : TOTALLY MISSPELLED YOUR NAME, BRO)
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:53 am

Bonjour Eternal Phoenix!

Ohhhh lawdy, you're a friend of DD's? Well, then I know we will get along juuust fine, then. xD By the way, your name is pretty awesome. Really mysterious and all. Do you mind if call you EP? Razz

Also, if you're a gamer, drop by the FoG Gamer's Union and tell us your gaming coord's and maybe we'll have some gaming fun. Smile

- Dax, the priestly priesting priest... who priests
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:24 am

Welcome to the FOG, Eternal Phoenix! cheers

You've heard most of the welcome spiels already, I guess. I do have a question for you. What's an e-fed role-play? It rings a bell, for some reason. Something about wrestling?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal Phoenix Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:51 am

Dreamless Days wrote:Yay! Good to see you here Ed!

But yeah, this place is totally legit when it comes to awesome RPing, you'll fit in perfectly, trust me bro. ^_^

Chainlinc3 wrote:ETERNAL PHOENIX!
>.>
Yeah, there's a lot of friendly faces from SoB round these parts. Not all of them are active, but they're still here in spirit. Which has NOTHING to do with the jar of souls in my closet. Nothing whatsoever.

Welcome to FoG!
Ah, old pals. Good to see you.
Dax wrote:Ohhhh lawdy, you're a friend of DD's? Well, then I know we will get along juuust fine, then. xD By the way, your name is pretty awesome. Really mysterious and all. Do you mind if call you EP? Razz
Everybody does, but you're the first one to actually ask first. So thanks for that.
Kalon Ordona II wrote:Welcome to the FOG, Eternal Phoenix! cheers

You've heard most of the welcome spiels already, I guess. I do have a question for you. What's an e-fed role-play? It rings a bell, for some reason. Something about wrestling?
Yes, it it simulating a fictional professional wrestling organization. Part who can talk the most smack and part who can tell the best story. There's similarities and differences from regular RPing, but I like it well enough.

I do have one little question, though. What's the protocol for jumping into an RP here? It's different than what I'm used to. Chainlinc and DD probably went through a similar adjustment.
Eternal Phoenix
Eternal Phoenix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:59 am

Joining the RP's here are a lot like how the RPG Room is back at GW. But, here it's way more tidy. Basically, if you see a thread that is in the interest area of the Advance RP, Casual RP or Private RP areas, then post in it saying you're interested in joining.

The character creation itself is in the OOC Thread that is started after the thread has garnered enough interest. As the title suggests, only OOC posts are made in that thread.

After that, an IC Thread is created, which is the thread were all the actual RPing goes. So yeah, the whole thing is very different to back home at the SoB. Haha.

(I think I explained that correctly, if not, someone else feel free to cover my ass!)
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:01 pm

Naw, you got it right. I think.
The biggest change for me is that you aren't supposed to have ANY OOC in the IC thread. Even if you just have a small comment, you're supposed to post it in the OOC instead of tacking it on to your IC post. I think I got warned... twice on that in my first few weeks? Shadow's such a stickler. Razz
(If Shadow's reading this, do YOU remember?)
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal Phoenix Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:52 pm

One last thing. How do I view all the threads I'm in at once? Is there a list of some sort?

And yes, I'm straining not to mention that place.
Eternal Phoenix
Eternal Phoenix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:55 pm

Hiya, welcome!

There are a couple of things you can do. You can make a list of your characters in The Archives. Also, in your profile, you can view a list of "Topics being watched". I tend to "watch" all of my role play IC threads. To "watch" a thread, there will be a link at the bottom right corner of the thread that you can click on.

Edit: there is also a section in your profile called current role plays which you can update.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:59 pm

There are a couple of ways to do that, Endless!

If you go to your profile, there's a tab that reads "Statistics." Under that tab, you'll see your statistics for how frequently you post and such. Clicking "Find all topics where Eternal Phoenix has posted in," you'll see all of the threads where you've posted.

The other way isn't something I can link because it's based in your profile editing thing. At the top of FoG, where it says "Home," "Profile," "Messages," etc., you'll want to click "Profile." There's a tab that reads "Topics Being Watched," and if you have it set up to automatically watch any topics in which you post, you'll see that all of the topics in which you've posted are there.

EDIT
Er... Ryona totally got to that before me, and she gave you two more ideas for it! ^^_^^;;

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal Phoenix Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:33 pm

Thank you, both of you. See you out there, cowfolk,
Eternal Phoenix
Eternal Phoenix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:56 pm

There's one other way you can tell. Each topic you've posted in has an indicator, a little blue orb, before the topic title. That way if you're browsing the forums or the "new posts since last visit," you'll be able to tell at a glance which ones you're involved in. Very Happy

So:
Statistics -- Topics
Subsribed/Watched Topics
Topic Title Indicator
Potential Archive Thread

I guess I use "topic" and "thread" interchangeably, but it looks like Forumotion uses "topic." Same thing.

If you subscribe/watch a topic, it'll email you when a new post is made. That might be optional; I'm not sure. You can subscribe to a topic by clicking "Watch topic for replies" in small blue letters at the lower right corner inside the topic, just above the Quick Reply box.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down