FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing: Me

+9
Bird of Hermes
Christoph
Chainlinc3
Kathryn Lacey
Delve
Lord Revan
Fate Flyer
Guilty Carrion
Awesomeocalypse
13 posters

Go down

Introducing: Me Empty Introducing: Me

Post by Awesomeocalypse Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:55 am

Hello all!

I'm obviously very new here. I've been spending the past hour or so getting my nifty little profile all set up in an attempt to get rid of a little bit of that squeaky clean appearance as well as that annoying "new member" smell. And this is the next step which is to publicly announce that I'm new and to ridicule me with various inside-jokes and forum memes.
It's fine, really. It's what I get for deciding that my last forum was comprised of nothing but a group of immature know-nothings who only wanted to role-play garage bands and shiny vampires.

Oh but I digress.

I don't quite have a complete feel for the forum yet, but I'm an extremely quick learner and look forward to diving into some role-plays right away.

Well, I guess that's all for now. Anything else you need to know about me, don't hesitate to ask.
Awesomeocalypse
Awesomeocalypse
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Introducing: Me Empty Re: Introducing: Me

Post by Guilty Carrion Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:16 am

Salute, and Welcome to the swirling mists!

I shan't bombard you with forum memes, nor in jokes. You've done a marvelous job of getting rid of that new member smell, and I've gotta admit, the quote in your signature is pretty wicked(not to mention pretty bitchin' picture.)

We know what your former forum liked to do, but I'm curious as to what sorta RPs your yourself are interested in.

If you need any help figuring stuff out, feel free to drop me a PM, I'd be happy to help.

Now, I'll wrap this up, and take cover before the rest of the welcome wagon bowls me over!

Looking forward to seeing you around!

-Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:35 am

Hello! Welcome to FoG. Awesome lol Nice username! I just saw a book yesterday at Borders (was checking what was left for the pickings for their going-out-of-business sale), and it was called Robopocalypse. Your username just reminded me of it!

Well, I am enjoying your profile setup, but don't lose that new-member smell just yet. It's not a bad thing. Smile Once you hang around us for awhile, you'll eventually adopt our community scent, not all that dissimilar from animals that live in groups. Laughing

...my last forum was comprised of nothing but a group of immature know-nothings who only wanted to role-play garage bands and shiny vampires.
I think we've all had various types of experiences with something similar. >_< Something quite like that was the reason I decided to create this place to begin with.

Well, welcome aboard! I'm sure you'll get a good feel for the place soon enough. I hope you enjoy it!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:36 am

Welcome to FoG, Awesomeacalypse! I am sorry to hear your last RP site was filled with immature, vampire loving know-nothings. You definitely will not have that problem here. Although you might run into a few members who enjoy vampires. Twisted Evil

My name is Marc, and I am your friendly OOC Moderator. If you have any questions, need any help feel free to contact myself or any of the other staff and we will be glad to assist you.

Enjoy your stay!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awesomeocalypse Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:52 am

Well thanks for the warm welcomes and guiding advice. It's greatly appreciated. I'm already starting to get a nice warm and fuzzy feeling about this place and it makes me happy. Yay for happy feelings.

As for role-plays that I do like...I like all kinds. I guess my favorite to play is medieval fantasy. I also enjoy modern-time based, war, and future/sci-fi role-plays. I prefer to play menacing and evil characters full of hate and malcontent or comedic characters who crack jokes every other line. Kind of polar opposites on the spectrum of characters.

Marcus2477 wrote:I am sorry to hear your last RP site was filled with immature, vampire loving know-nothings. You definitely will not have that problem here. Although you might run into a few members who enjoy vampires. Twisted Evil

I actually rather enjoy the story of vampires and enjoy playing vampire and other creatures of the night role-plays. But the blood-sucking, high-class, nighttime fiend vampires...not the teenage sparkling ones. If it's not already clear, I really dislike Twilight. I even have a tattoo to express my dislike, although it's not quite finished.

Anyways, thanks again for the welcomes. I look forward to settling in and making this place my new home.
Awesomeocalypse
Awesomeocalypse
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Delve Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:56 am

Welcome to FoG! I just recently joined myself, the staff here are quite helpful and its free of all the mishaps other forums suffer from. Enjoy your stay!
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.emery3d.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:22 pm

Welcome to FoG, Awesomeocalypse. Do you mind if I just call you awesome? ^o_~^

I'm sorry to hear your last forum was crappy like that. I was on a board like that with Fate once upon a time, but when she created this place, I couldn't resist joining though I did lurk for a bit before committing. However, I've found that this site is a really great place to stretch your creative muscles, and it encourages good writing.

While we do have some people who enjoy Twilight - though I'm not among them - the number of role-plays revolving around that fandom are extremely few and far between.

Anyway, I'm Kathryn, and I'm one of of FoG's friendly moderators. If you need advice, have questions, or have concerns, you can come to me or to any of our other lovely staff members. We're all willing to help in whatever ways we can.

It's great to see another face hopefully enjoying FoG!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Awesomeocalypse Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:13 pm

I absolutely don't mind being called Awesome. Kind of like a compliment hidden within a name. A shady way to get said compliment, but I can sometimes be a shady person and will take any props I can get. Twisted Evil
Awesomeocalypse
Awesomeocalypse
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:06 pm

*shady person highfive*
Honestly, I prefer the term "sneaky bastard," but it's close enough. ^_^

Welcome to FoG! Full disclosure, I normally don't read these-- your name just amused me enough to check it out. I would normally put some sort of witty comment about here, but I'm trying to focus on my chemistry teacher while I write this, so that's probably out of the question. Random question-- is that the Force Commander I doth detect? Or some other space marine?

Anyway, I feel ya on the vampire stuff. I was on... initials were RPG... ROLEPLAYGATEWAY. Or something like that. Whereever it was, I honestly don't think that 95% of the people there had even heard of non-twilight vampires. It saddened me, because a friend of mine launched a vampire RP there that was supposed to be true vampires, and it was besieged by twilight-styled ones and... yeah. Kinda the end of a good RP.

Final thought-- if you have some free time one evening, drop on one of the chats. We technically have two: an IRC you can find in the "Links to Click" section, and a chatbox you can access from the top or bottom of the main page. They're both a great way to meet people, recruit for RPs, or even organize a group project.

See you around!
--Chain
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awesomeocalypse Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:21 pm

Chainlinc3 wrote:Anyway, I feel ya on the vampire stuff. I was on... initials were RPG... ROLEPLAYGATEWAY. Or something like that. Whereever it was, I honestly don't think that 95% of the people there had even heard of non-twilight vampires.

That's where I just came from! Nothing but Twilight vampires, teenage rock bands, and high school role-plays. It really started getting on my nerves and the other day I just had enough. So I left.

The avatar is a Blood Angels company commander. Props to you for recognizing a Space Marine, though.

Also, chemistry sucks. Or at least I sucked at it.
Awesomeocalypse
Awesomeocalypse
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Christoph Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:45 pm

Hey there! Welcome to FoG. I'm one of your friendly IC moderators, so feel free to contact me with any role-playing related questions. Also, you seem like a cool chap and I noticed the Space Marine for your (though it seems that I'm not the first to spot it), and would therefore like to invite you to peruse my Warhammer 40k project, if you feel so inclined. It can be found here: http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t3859-warhammer-40000-the-fate-of-ataraxis-interest-check
Christoph
Christoph
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:25 pm

Greetings, Awesome!

Introducing: Me Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

You may want to make your signature a bit smaller. It's a bit too wide.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:34 pm

Hermes, it fits a widescreen monitor just fine, and it's within FoG's signature banner limits. However, for those who don't have a widscreen monitor, it will be cut off on the right-most edge, so if he wants to shrink it because of that, he's welcome to do so.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:50 pm

It must be my screen. It cuts off on the right for me. I thought the forum part without the edges was the same size for everyone, but I guess not.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:51 pm

On my old computer, any signature that was more than 550 pixels wide would cut off, but my laptop is a widescreen, so it doesn't do that.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:59 pm

Welcome to FOG! It seems we have similar tastes in role playing. Hopefully we run into each other IC!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:03 am

Welcome to the FOG, Awesomeocalypse! cheers
I endorse your healthy dislike of sparkly vampires. Aww
Vampires burn in the sun. THEY BURN!! As in burn UP!! I cannot imagine how the-authoress-who-must-not-be-named ever came up with such an idea! xD Probably went something like... "I know! Tee-hee, they SPARKLE!" =3

Anyway, welcome welcome. ^_^
This haven of eliteracy is an inhalation of pristine, rejuvenating atmosphere.
It's the mist. It's all, you know, fresh and yummy. ^_^

I suppose that's FOG in a nutshell. Fun but Awesome. You know. Ocalypse-awesome. xD

Do enjoy your exploration of the site! As always, if you have any questions, we're pretty handy with the answers. Wink Looking forward to seeing some of your writing!

Your adventure begins! cheers

We've lured in another one. Muhaha

Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:37 pm

Welcome to FoG, Awesome! May I call you Awesome? Well, I just did! I'm SilvanArrow, one of your friendly Global Moderators as well as your friendly resident Science Nerd. Enjoy your stay, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

And...oh yeah, you might want to guard your soul. We like to nibble... Twisted Evil
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:35 pm

Welcome to FOG, Awesomeocalypse! I hope you enjoy your time here!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raspeyer Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:16 am

Hello Awesome-o. You seem like a spiffy person. Another newbie here, hoping to meet some new e-people. The last forum I frequented went down in a flame of polio-infested trollops so I know how that is.I hope we can RP together in the future!
Raspeyer
Raspeyer
Mist
Mist

Female

http://holly.clonestyle.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Awesomeocalypse Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:53 am

Hello everyone and thanks for all the warm welcomes and advice about the forum. I'm definitely glad I didn't get left out on the doorstep in the cold here. I don't like it when that happens. I don't like the cold.
Awesomeocalypse
Awesomeocalypse
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down