FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whispers on the Wind - OoC

3 posters

Go down

Whispers on the Wind - OoC Empty Whispers on the Wind - OoC

Post by DarkGoddess Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:18 pm

It’s said that when one hears whispers on the wild, something prophesied would happen soon. That happened thousands of years ago, and people ignored it, sending their world into ruin. However, the planet built itself up again, and the four races: Elf, Man, Vampire, Werewolf, lived in harmony. However, mankind got jealous of the beauty of the elves, so they decided to attack the elves. The elves got greedy and their lands are now a barren wasteland as they took without giving. The land the vampires owned became an oasis in a desperate environment, and they retreated into their lands to protect what was theirs. Werewolves vanished into whatever woods was left, ending all contact between them and the other races. The whispers came back, telling people to find the Earthen Rose, which could restore the harmony, but it hasn’t been seen in many millennia. How could it be found?

~The Object of the RP~
You are part of, or what to be a part of, a group that has set out to find the Earthen Rose. The conditions are harsh and you are at risk of other races fighting you because of the groups’ multiculturalism. You can be a human, elf, vampire, or a werewolf.

Humans are average size and stocky. They have elemental powers.

Elves are tall and slender (for the most part). They can have any powers; however, unless they have something to draw the strength from, they can be severely weakened by overuse of their power.

Vampires can have any power, but it they don’t have magic, they can still see magic, or magic in people. Silver is deadly to them.

Werewolves can have any power, but are like elves. Silver is deadly to them.

~Template~
Name:
Race:
Appearance:
Personality:
History: Optional
Powers: (optional, can have no more than two powers. A werewolf’s ability to change counts as a power).

~My Template~
Name: Alia
Age (13-20): 15
Race: Werewolf
Appearance: http://www.portrait-photos.org/photo/18761.html
Personality: Intelligent, strong-willed and has a bit of a temper. She is a crafty girl who tries to have an answer for just about anything.
History: I choose not to post. Her story changes with each telling.
Powers: Changes into a wolf, and her ability to do so waxes and wanes wih the moon.

~Rules~
No Godmodding

No Powerplaying without permission from that character’s person.

Romance allowed, but please keep it rated pg-13.

When talking out of character, please use this thread. All questions please go here as well. If you have a question about a possible twist however, please PM me about it so I see it.

Please don’t use a lot of swearing/profanities.

--

I'm tired and I just ctrl+v'd this over. If there's any mistakes or any topics I didn't make clear on, just let me know underneathe.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Whispers on the Wind - OoC Empty Re: Whispers on the Wind - OoC

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:14 am

DarkGoddess, I'll be sending you a pm concerning my character before I put up a CS.
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:03 pm

Phi Chisym - Name: Bailyn Eulan'lia(Lyn)

Age: 21 human years (Elven…way older, just don’t feel like calculating).

Race: Elven Halfling (human and elf)

(I wasn't going to go with the Halfling thing, but I remembered that it's all part of the limitations she's been pestered about all her life, which makes her an unworthy candidate for anything holy or honorable.

If you wish for me to change the typical Human/elf, that’s fine. I might have a way to maintain the Halfling part by just incorporating a new blend of tea – vampire/elf. This will just heighten the Elven community's disgust of her, as well as her own personal frustrations with such a hereditary inner struggle between her Elven and Vampire halves. Let me know, DG!)

Appearance: (In Living Color)
Whispers on the Wind - OoC Ist2_1809723-friendly-smile

(Elven appearance)
https://2img.net/h/i182.photobucket.com/albums/x188/PhiChisym/db0b1c318e245dc4e1081fdeb97280af-d2wbgvp.jpg

Personality: Still trying to figure out where she belongs. She carries her mother's calm, enduring voice during dark times and her father's consistent caution over simple things. Understandable about diversity, she's never meets a stranger, but often times will fall into the hands of those who wish for nothing more than to rid themselves of another Halfling.

History: A ranger and potionist by trade in her hometown of Ael'lenver'lyin. She's very conscious of her limitations, always being drilling by the townsfolk and herself about her - unfortunate creation. They've allowed her to remain in their community, but there is nothing neighborly about it.

She's not allowed to learn magic because, due to her mixed blood, the elders believe this to be a limitation that will make her incapable of harnessing such powers. She’s learned a bit of elemental illusion skills from her closest friends, but they were all caught for helping her and were punished.

((Note: There is an opening here for a C&G (Come & Go charrie), if anyone is interested in participating in this RP. The C&G will be one of Lyn's close friends who ended up going with her on this journey. Meh, just a thought.))

You can imagine the surprised faces of the elders when they learned through her parents that Bailyn was speaking strangely in her sleep, with a voice that was not her own. On the first night they heard the whispers, they were called to her home to see about the worthless Halfling.
She shocked them with blessed words from the hidden scrolls of the Earthen Rose. Suddenly, she had become more than just another Halfling.

Now, by command of the Rose, she seeks a young lady to relay a message. She’s never seen her face, had no clue where she can be found. All Bailyn holds in her heart is the sound of a name and a feeling – one of friendship, sisterhood…and urgency.

Powers: Telepathy (new to her through the connection she holds now with the Earthen Rose), and Elemental Illusions – using the elements around her to create realistic illusions that affect all the major, minor, and alternate senses. (Enhanced through her Telepathy).

Last edited by Phi Chisym on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New information and fixing)
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.upsidedownwords.hqforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:27 pm

(My template is now completed.)
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.upsidedownwords.hqforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:01 am

Name: Drias de'Aventor

Race: Human

Appearance: (Sorry, no picture. This all comes from my own head.) 5' 8", a lightly tanned young man with a trim figure, narrow face, and deep-set pale blue eyes. Keeps himself clean-shaven and wears his sandy hair in a tail. Wears knee-high boots over dark trousers with a loose belt, which is home to his broadsword's sheath. Over a deep crimson shirt, he wears a black felt vest heavily embroidered in silver. Finally, he carries a simple leather satchel over one shoulder, and wears a silken navy cloak clasped below his neck with a golden broach. This broach is embossed with his family crest - same symbol engraved on his signet ring, and the gold earring he wears in his left ear.

Personality: Egotistical and witty. Or snappy, at least. Rather moody, and sometimes adventurous... usually in the unwise moments.

History: The notorious son of a human noble, Drias has won a solid reputation for a great deal of mischief. He's been caught breaking a multitude of laws, and has been little more than an embarassment to his family. Worst of all, he is the eldest - and nobody wants to see him lay claim to the headship of his house. His father is on the verge of disowning him and stripping him of his inheritance.

Powers: None to speak of, unless you count swordsmanship learned from some of the most proclaimed teachers of the region.

-------------

Name: Goes by "Pyre".

Age: 15 years in the physical plane; his prior life is hard to measure in physical time.

Race: Extra-planar spirit of fire. (In short, a "fire elemental")

Appearance: Having no constant physical form, he is bound to a round, faceted gem of solid glass with blood-red tint.

Personality: Outwardly, he seems indignant and disdainful.

History: Currently the property of Drias. Little else is known of him, though he may be persuaded to reveal more.

Powers: Firstly, as a spirit of fire he can freely control any natural flame he touches. Second, he can generate a "body" of magical, semi-solid flame. He only has so much energy to use his powers, though. Note he is not immune to a strong magical flame.
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down