FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gott's Curse

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gott's Curse Empty Gott's Curse

Post by Animya Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:20 pm

Genre
This RP is going to be a medieval fantasy RP. It will contain magic, bound by race. There will be no divine creatures played.

Time and Place
As said above it’ll take place in a medieval setting. In their world, planet earth, only with magic. Think European/American setting

Story
The story is about a parent-less family. The family by the name of Gott. Mother died giving birth to the youngest child, and a year ago their father also died. Now they’re on their own, living in a world that doesn’t understand them. They’re human, but still have powers bestowed on them. We will play the children in their day-to-day life. What happens and what we’ll do. Of course this won’t be much fun if something didn’t happen. So that’s why…
When they are banished from their home, because the townspeople are fed up with them. They are taken under the wing of the landlord. The landlord is an easy going man, human but still in touch with all the other races. When crops aren’t being kept as good as usual the children are being seen as the reason, and are send away to discover the true cause for it by the landlord who still believes in them. That’s kind of where we’ll begin our journey through the land.

We begin in an average-sized city called Bran.

The Curse
The weight we carry is the weight of a curse bestowed on us by the gods. They wanted to see if the human race was truly above all. We have the power to manipulate the elements.

The Elements
  • Water
  • Fire
  • Earth
  • Air
  • Sound*
  • Light*
  • Temperature*
  • Plants*
  • Sand*
  • Lightning*
  • Psychic*

The first four are the main elements, bestowed upon the eldest children, so the first four. After that, it's up to the person.

Purpose of the RP
Our goal is to find the real reason for the bad harvest of the year.

Magic and Powers
Magic is different per race and creature. Our main characters will only have the magic given to them by the curse.

Creatures: Flora and Fauna
The plants are the same as on our world, the animals too. But, they do have some mythological creatures too.
  • Humans
    Spoiler:
  • Elves
    Spoiler:
  • Centaurs
    Spoiler:
  • Ryúba’s
    Spoiler:
  • Kitsuna’s
    Spoiler:
  • Kelpie
    Spoiler:
  • Wyvern
    Spoiler:
These where all the races I could think of at the moment, if you have any other ideas, please leave a message and I’ll look into it!

Writers Perspective
Past tense, he/she perspective

Rules
  • No god-modding!!!
  • Respect the other players, don’t decide if they get hurt or not
  • No one liners
  • Do not join the IC until I have said your CS is OKAY!
  • Most of all, have fun

Character Requirements
  • Your main character will be one of the children
  • Keep the ages normal, don’t have a sixteen-year-old and one of a half year older
  • The age must be between twenty-five and eight.
  • I want to keep the names within the same sort of genre, so please check with me for an OK (Names like Caleb, Zoey, Rudy, Rosalie and Derek please. They don't have to be these ones, you may pick, but something in the same range)
  • I don’t want all boys or all girls, so keep the numbers even please
  • You can only manipulate the elements, they have to be within reach to do something with them (you can be creative, for examply, dew exist of water, so you can extract that)
  • Your character personality must fit to their power, so if you’re to handle fire you’ve got to be a bit fierce. If you’re water, then you’re easy going but firm, because remember, water can even shape rocks!
  • You can have more than one main-character if you want to
  • Everyone plays side-characters, if you decide to play one, it’s yours for the whole time until you give anyone the permission to play with them
  • If you have a side-character you think to be important, give me a bit of explanation of his appearance and personality.
  • Variety please, not twenty centaurs etcetera

Character Sheet
Just fill in the blanks. I’ll judge the CS for every person differently. I’ll give you some guidelines. Please Post the Character sheet between CODE-codes. I’m lazy, and that way I can simply copy past.
Spoiler:
Animya
Animya
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.animya.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Gott's Curse Empty Re: Gott's Curse

Post by Ruu Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:32 pm

~Wow! This looks like a really great idea! May I reserve the Light element for the youngest child?
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Animya Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:36 pm

I am not oppose to that, but I will ask you to play an older character if there might not be a enough people, if you don't mind Smile
Animya
Animya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm

~Yep, that's fine. Would I take another character and be able to keep the one I'm working on?

So I just had a few questions about the bio as I'm working on it. Is Gift what he likes to receive? And what would crafts and development be?
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Animya Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:17 am

No pro, you can keep the one you're creating and another, I'll do the same Smile

As for gift, that's his/her magic, what he/she can control, and what that actually is. As for crafts, it's a special ability he/she has, depending on the gift they have, it depends. For instance, a water-controller could swim amazingly quick, and an fire-controller would be able to survive in cold situations etc.etc... As for developements you could think of what they've learned in school, reading, writing, and all that sort of stuff. Not all that important, but still it has some significance.

I was just attended that I'd completely forgotten to put up an Interest Check, so I'll be doing that now...
Animya
Animya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:12 pm

~Ah, thanks for answering my questions! I'm almost done! I just wanted to know what the difference between possessions and personal belongings was.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Animya Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:14 pm

possessions can be seen as thinks like bags just the usual stuff, and personal belongings, well that's more like a necklace given to the person by their mother, it's more 'personal' khekhe
Animya
Animya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:45 pm

~Alrighties, here it is! Please let me know if I need to change anything.

Facts:
Last name: Gott
Name(s): Caleb
Race: Human
Sex: Male
Job: Child

Looks:
Body: Caleb is somewhat short for his age, has not developed much muscle yet, and has an average build.
Hair: Blond
Eyes: Blue
Skin color: White
Clothing: Caleb likes to wear light colors: whites, sky blues, greens, ect. He tends to wear lighter fabrics like cotton blends, at least during the spring and summer months. For the winter he wears woolen clothing. In the spring/summer, he favors rather loose short-sleeved pants and shirts. In the fall/winter, his clothes are more baggy yet warm long-sleeved pants and shirts.
Overall first impression: Overall, Caleb is an eight year old a bit short for his age. His startling blue eyes are his most distinctive feature, making him stand out.
Other: N/A

Character:
Likes: Caleb, like any young child, loves sweets and candies. He also likes when people spend time with him, especially his siblings. Any kinds of fruits are appealing to him as well. He enjoys spending time outdoors too, so he loves nature and animals.
Dislikes: Caleb doesn’t like the dark; he’s still afraid of it even though he’s eight years old. He doesn’t take criticism well and tends to cry if people reprimand him. He likes most animals, but he’s afraid of snakes and spiders.
Personality : Caleb, being the baby of the family, acts a little childish for his age. Most of the time, he’s very endearing and can use his blue eyes to charm, but he does have a spoiled side as well. He tends to cry when he doesn’t get what he wants. But he knows when he needs to be serious and won’t be a distraction in the midst of danger. He loves his family very much. Never having known his mother, and having just lost their father, he’s very dependent on his older siblings. He wants to be strong and brave like they are, but it’s taking him time to learn that. It doesn’t help that some of the siblings still treat him like a young child, which he technically still is. He has a great sense of compassion for other people and animals and will listen quietly if people need someone to talk to. He doesn’t like to see people getting hurt. He still has some irrational fears as many children do, like fears of the dark, snakes, and spiders. Yet most of the time he is a happy-go-lucky child with lots of energy and a penchant for asking questions.
Strong sides: Endearing, compassionate, loving, usually carefree and lighthearted, resilient
Weak sides: Fearful, can be clingy, spoiled, childish
Hobby’s: Spending time outdoors and with his family, drawing, playing
Gift: Light: Caleb is able to control light particles to intensify already existing light in dark places and to form light into beams of focused heat and energy.

Background: Caleb was the youngest of the family, his mother dying to give birth to him. As such, he never knew his mother, but he didn’t lack a motherly figure as his older sisters were more than happy to take care of the young baby. He became very attached to his family, and he wouldn’t even go out into the nature he loved so much unless one of his siblings accompanied him. When his father died, he was distraught, as he had been his Daddy’s little boy. All the change and constant moving around, along with the accusations against his family, has made him self conscious and a bit more dependent.

Skills: Caleb is very agile and being slight of frame, able to fit into small spaces.
Development: Caleb can read and write on age-level. This means he can read fairly complex words, but his writing skills are about at half his reading capabilities. He doesn’t like math very much, but is very knowledgeable of the sciences due to his love of nature.
Crafts: Caleb’s body heals very quickly when he’s exposed to direct sunlight. When he’s in complete darkness, however, any wounds, injuries, or sicknesses he has worsen.
Social abilities: Caleb’s able to relate to people well and is a good listener.

Possessions: A pack to carry various oddities in, his traveling staff, some matches for fire and light
Personal belongings: A locket that has a picture of his parents in, various things he’s found and kept in the wild such as eggshells, flower petals, and various plants
Weapons: Caleb doesn’t like to fight, but he does carry a staff for walking and protection if needed.

Last edited by Ruu on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:03 am

((Incomplete))

Name(s): Rosalinia (Rosa)

Sex: Female

Job: Herbalist/Healer student, works part time after hours at the winery as a recordkeeper & works full time as a hostess at The Blue Orchid, downtown restaurant. She performs at the restaurant as a musician from time to time (harpist and muse), but that's something she hasn't done since her father died.

Gott's Curse Michelleberman-michelleberman-e33dedit

Body: Very curvaceous for her age, tall at around 5’6” – mostly leg.
Hair: Dirty Blond
Eyes: light ice blue
Skin color: fair

Clothing: Dresses nobly when she’s working at the fine restaurant in central Bran, or doing any business in central. She’s kept many of her mother’s find dresses for herself rather than selling them or altering them for her sisters. She favors blues and greens to brighten up simple browns and tans, but rarely will you see anything too bright on her for she tries to keep attention off of her features by dressing down whenever possible.

Wears basic attire (skirt, blouse, bodice) when working at the winery. Many times the workers do more sampling than stacking barrels, and often she would come home stained in the various flavors and colors of their finest wines when trying to avoid their advances. Her father hated her working there, but she makes ten times more there than at the restaurant.

Will wear typical sparing clothing – black knickers with a dark blue blouse and a black leather vest during her family’s practices or when she’s practicing with friends. Typical travel clothing, still with her black knickers under her skirt, in case of any situation requiring the need for free range of motion.

Will always have some sort of flower or leaf dressing her hair, for decoration and strength. Plus she possesses daggerlettes, small throwing daggers, that she hides in her hair or on her person. Many times she’s been attacked by pursuers at the winery. Sometimes, one has to draw blood to get them to know she means business.

Overall first impression: Beautiful as marble, hard as diamonds, angry but overall content…just wishes for different circumstances. Treat her with respect, or expect a firm slap against the face, or a daggerlette against the throat (tiny dagger hidden in a woman’s ponytail or bodice).

Other:
Character:

Likes: She's a lover of powerful music and great conversation; likes to shop and has a flawless fashion sense; lover of nature and animals. Most of these loves she's lost because of her new responsibilities at raising her siblings.

Dislikes: Whining, she's definitely not fond of that; People who move their lips and lies fall out, and Rain...doesn't do too well for her abilities when the earth is soaked.

Her Fear – to die without knowing she succeeded in her goals.

Personality : She use to be full of life and a total goofball, but after her parents died and she took responsibilities for her young family, Rosalinia has turned into a really harden, pained, no nonsense young woman. She fights to keep her family together, as well as, fights to regain the life she use to have before her parents died. Traveling for studies is on hold now, a chance at romance and a nobler life is now out of her future; she believes. Her vision is now to keep her family alive...nothing else matters anymore.

Strong sides: She's strict, not so much to avert fairness but enough to command control in a situation and maintain stability in the home. This makes her a very strong fighter, powerful against anyone that stands to harm her family.

Weak sides: A strong leader, but her inner struggles are her weakness. She had to give up her blossoming future in order to take care of her family. In some ways, she regrets this, blaming her dead parents for leaving them. She still hasn't mourned their deaths, believing that honors their decision to depart.

Hobby’s: /Healer/Herbalist student – studies earth-grown medicines and earth healing. Plays the harp and is a talented muse.

Gift: Earth – Besides the ability to recognize positive herbs and minerals for healing and rejuvenation, Rosalinia is able to recognize the energies of the earth, collect them, soak them in, store them, and convert these energies for any use she decides. She uses this energy for power, for control, for protection and defense. How she goes about this, she hasn’t figured that out yet, but all should be weary when it is in use. Even though she is understanding and capable in this gift, she is still very new to it and often times too strong for her own good.

(Explanation to the various skills under her gift will be posted in due time.)

Background: The oldest daughter in the Gott family. She had left Bran and her family three years ago to study and work as a student of Herbology and Natural Healing in the university city of Tesla. She had many friends, a few worthy, waiting suitors too, but her mother’s complicated pregnancy caused her to return. Her years of study did not help her mother…and her father. She blames her poor knowledge in healing, but instead of placing most of this blame on herself, she mostly bllames her deceased parents for leaving her with the life she holds now.

Skills:Was taught to fight by her father and from a few of the men at the winery who treats her like a little sister. She’s good with a sword, but not the best. She’s an outstanding archer though.

Healing – she’s still a intermediate student, since she had to stop her studies to tend to family, but she is still ranked one of the best – her gift in Earth just boosts her healing skills. She’s not a bad tracker, due to her gift, and she’s not a bad cook… The kids are still alive!

Other than that, she’s learned a few things from her bosses, a few tricks from her fellow coworkers at the winery and restaurant, and is considered a prosperous catch by the local single men of age in town. They do not consider her to be an ignorant farmer’s daughter, but one of poise and intelligence. Of course, this all changes when they suspect the Gott’s at being unlucky.

Development:

Crafts: Harpest, Muse, Student Healer and Herbologist.

Social abilities: She is very graceful, kindly and a hard worker for others, striving diligently to keep patrons happy and maintaining a positive work environment. These skills come in handy when dealing with family situations and holding onto a positive home. But these days, even amongst her coworkers, she is strict, tough as iron and hard to break - but still fair.

Possessions

Personal belongings: Has a journal where she writes her thoughts and another for all her herbology notes. She still possesses a few of her study books and letters from her instructor, Master Karnegie, who continues to send her studies to keep her mind sharp. He also checks up on her from time to time, especially after learning about her family's situation and her gift. He's the only person outside of the family that knows her gift...and understands it.

Of course, she still has her mother’s things, passing a few of them to her sisters so they can possess something of hers.

Weapons: A fine bow and arrow of a questionable design. It’s one-of-a-kind and was given to her by a friend of her father’s when she was eight years old and strong enough to pull it taunt. She’s always asked about where the gifter came from, but her father never told her, nor expressed why he willingly gave her such an expensive and lavish gift.

(IF anyone wants to be the mysterious gifter, by all means, have at him. Just a chance for an opener into this RP and an opportunity for an interesting subplot.)

Also has the daggerlettes and a short sword her father made her after her mother died. Mainly so she could have a weapon of her size to protect the family when he was away.

Last edited by Phi Chisym on Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:50 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed description)
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.upsidedownwords.hqforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Animya Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:26 pm

Okey, scan's done Very Happy

Ruu:
Spoiler:

Phi:
Spoiler:
Animya
Animya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:41 pm

Well, I'd think he'd tend to wear lighter fabrics like cotton blends, at least during the spring/summer months. For the winter he'd wear more wool. Does that help? And I'm excited to see your character!
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Animya Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:05 pm

Okey, that's better but what kind of clothing does he wear, tight loose pants, long short sleeved shirt? etc.
Animya
Animya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:08 pm

Well, in the spring/summer, rather loose short-sleeved pants and shirts. In the fall/winter, more baggy yet warm long-sleeved pants and shirts. Sometimes he wears a cloak and a hood on cloudy/rainy days.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Animya Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:37 pm

Ok, great, if you put that in the CS, that you just made my day Wink
Animya
Animya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:51 pm

~Alrightie, it's changed. Smile
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Animya Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:52 pm

U just made my day Very Happy
Animya
Animya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:29 pm

~Yay! I like making people's day!
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:33 pm

My edits are done. I'm searching for a pic to show her darker blond hair, and she's now 25. I didn't want her to be way too old, ya know, but old enough. When I thought about what you said, I realized that, yea, 22 is too young.

((Here's my second charrie - still needs more work, but will finish soon.))

Facts:
Name(s): Lana

Job: Laundry girl at the manor of Viceroy Heinsmen. She tends to the household linens every Mondays and Saturdays. Clothing is washed on Tuesdays and Fridays. Ironing is done on Wednesday and Thursdays. She shares this job with two other girls. On Fridays, she is allowed to bring her family’s clothing to wash separately along with the Viceroy’s laundry.

She’s also taking sewing and embroidery lessons from Mistress Clarantine Heinsmen, who is also the owner of the town’s flower shop. Mistress Heinsmen makes a point to teach all the young ladies in their service basic skills in poise and charm, respect and chastity, hoping these poor children will grow up to become positive influences in their community.

Looks:

Gott's Curse Ciarapisa-ciarapisa-974e

Body: 4’3”, about 115 lbs., blossoming like any young 14 year old.
Hair: dark blond
Eyes: dark blue
Skin color: tan

Clothing: She wears her normal work attire, grey and white uniform dress, apron and head cover, when she is at the Viceroy’s manor. At home, she wears trousers and a blouse, mostly in browns, tans, and her favorite color – yellow. On special days, when she returns to town for Mistress Heinsmen’s lessons, she will wear one of the nobler dresses her sister Rosalinia altered from their mother’s closet. She doesn’t have that many dresses like this, and has to share them with other sisters, but she’s kept two yellow dresses for herself.

Overall first impression: She’s bubbly and a refreshing sunshine on her good days. Her handicap and her family situation does not show in her personality.

Other:

Character:
Likes: She adores being the center of attention, even though she’s so soft spoken people hardly realize the spotlight’s on her. It doesn’t bother her; she makes her own spotlight – capturing people’s attention in other ways.

Dislikes: She doesn’t like being called dumb or damaged, a reject. She’s proven more than once that she is a very capable and intelligent young lady.

Personality : Full of life and thrilled to be in the middle of things, but very soft spoken and easily to forget – until she makes an grand impression.

Strong / Weak sides: She’s not a quitter and she never say never. This can become a problem sometimes because she doesn’t know when to stop.

Hobby’s: Loves embroidery and making old things look new. She also likes to dance and would love to do so all day long, but often times it causes problems when she’s suppose to be working.

She also loves languages and can easily pick up a foreign language by listening to a person speaking. After a while, she’s capable of having basic conversations. Give her a day with the person, and she’ll be speaking fluently. She studies a few languages to build up her vocabulary.

Gift: Sound – She has an acute sense of hearing; can hear a mouse whisper five miles away. She can recreate sounds of any animal or machine, throw her voice, and can mimic any person, any accent.

She’s capable of creating large booming sounds for defense, or tiny sounds specifically for her target that is unheard by anyone around, but can cause considerable internal damage to the target. She’s also capable of collecting sounds from the air, or holding sounds back so others cannot hear them.

There’s more to her gift, but she will learn of them the more she grows with them.

Background: Lana was born deaf, unable to hear the natural sounds around her. She learned how to speak fairly easily with the help of her brothers and sisters. Remarkable how she was able to do so without the use of her ears, but with her hand on their voice box would pick up the patterns of the vibration and associate it with the movement of their lips. Soon, she was capable of making the same exact sounds by practicing making the same vibrations with her throat as she moved her lips properly. Her parents always wondered how she was able to do this, but never brought it up.

Despite her handicap, Lana maintained great marks in her studies. The locals have no clue about her hearing problem, except for her instructor, Mistress Clarantine Heinsmen . When her gift started to develop, that’s when her family’s’ wonder was answered. Her gift gave her the ability to hear.

Skills: TBA
Development:
Crafts:
Social abilities:

Possessions
Personal belongings: A bracelet of silver and yellow quarts given to her by her dear friend, Quenten who left Bran to study to be a squire in Cresston; a necklace of gold flowers and mother of pearl centers – her mother’s. She carries a satchel with her writing materials, a few books that she jots thoughts down, or notes, and her embroidery.

Weapons: Owns her own sword. When Quenten left Bran, he gave her his old youth sword as a token of their friendship, knowing he would probably never see her again.

(If anyone wishes to be this friend whose left to study for his knighthood, go for it! Can make for an interesting side plot.)

Last edited by Phi Chisym on Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Animya Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:30 am

Hey, awesome that you're second char is almost done as well Very Happy
Spoiler:

People I promise my charries are coming up XD real soon!!!!
Animya
Animya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Animya Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:33 pm

Facts:
Name(s): Cait
Job: None

Looks:
Body: Cait is, just as Caleb, small for her age. She’s very slender and has a fine build, except for her hips and shoulders, which are quite broad for her age. Her jaw-line is soft, and her bone-structure is often seen as light. She has rather large almond-shaped eyes and thin lips.
Hair: Dark brown, long curling hair. It’s always Frenchly herringbone braided to the left side.
Eyes: Dark, midnight blue eyes, with a circle of extra black around the edges.
Skin color: Fair, almost unhealthy Caucasian and extremely pale.
Clothing: Cait mostly wears dark colors, blacks, browns, dark blues etc. She always wears a sleeve-less black top with a tight-fitting leather skirt underneath it. She mostly walks barefoot but sometimes wears the shoes of her siblings.
Overall first impression: Quite the ominous child
Other: She has a pitch black skin marking on the left side of her neck, it has a weird form, many see it as a mark of the devil, so she hides it with her hair.

Character:
Likes: The evening, midnight sky, the moon and her children the stars. Silent places, quiet and tranquil situations
Dislikes: Brightness, too much noise, many people, chaos, happy-go-lucky people like her little bother of a brother Caleb.
Personality : She’s a quiet kid who knows what she wants. She won’t open her mouth unless asked something and she won’t complain if she doesn’t like it. But she will defend herself if necessary, and if she thinks there was unfairness in play done to her.
Strong sides: She is a very obedient child.
Weak sides: Is easily walked over by others with a greater personality, she gets easily frustrated with others and most importantly herself. When that happens she isn’t quite able to express her feelings, one of the flaws that is most clear in her life.
Hobby’s: Drawing, walking, searching for fire-flies in the fields.
Gift: Darkness. Being the second last child she was gifted with the power of darkness. She’s able to see more clear in dark areas than others and is able to extract the darkness from her surroundings to befit her and the ones next to her to hide in cases of need.

Background:
Cait is the second last child, silently she blames Caleb for the death of her mother, and not knowing her. But deep down she knows he can’t help it. From an early age she always went well with her oldest sister, admiring her very much so she always wanted to do what Rosa did. She didn’t so much as looked twice over her shoulder for her father. But as soon as he died, she understood that the family would never be the same. Quickly she tried to be more mature, and succeeded in it better than her twin-brother did. From a very young age she was always asked if she was really Caleb’s sister, because they didn’t look alike in anything, not appearance nor character.

Because of her personality, Cait didn’t go to school, she wanted to learn, but couldn’t quite take the pressure of the other children. They thought of her as weird and unsophisticated. For a short while she went, but she soon decided it wasn’t her place and started to ditch more and more often, coming home crying almost every day, and eventually quitting al together. Overall she’s a silent kid, not wanting to be bothered, or bother anyone.

Skills:
Development: She taught herself astrology with the schoolbooks of her older siblings, she can read and write, slightly above average for her age.
Crafts: She’s quit good at drawing, especially sceneries.
Social abilities: Bad, that’s the only word that you could possibly think of when you see her, she’s like a quiet ghost of the past that just so happens to be there and won’t speak a word unless she thinks it’s called for.

Possessions:
Personal belongings: She tries not to get attached to any material possessions, so she has vowed not to take anything personal with her, resulting in her having not much of value. She thinks it is weird to keep something in memory of someone, because she does not need it, that person will always be in her heart.
Weapons: She is against violence so she doesn’t keep any weapons with her
Animya
Animya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:30 pm

Hey Animya,

Just putting this out there in hopes to snag more interest, but I have a few "come & go" charries that other people might be interested in running along with their main charries choice. Sometimes, it's nice to have a minor charrie that has some small connection to a major one. Or, to play a charrie that is just a filler for certain scenes.

If you allow it, I can post them up on the interest thread to see if anyone's willing to snag them - along with a major charrie, of course. It's all up to you thought. I normally run my c&g's, but it's more of a thrill for someone else to - makes for a better story.

Here are the few that I have:

Rosa:
Owner and workers of winery and restaurant. Rosa's places of employment.

Master Karnegie - instructor of Herbology and Natural Healing in Tesla. Rosa's instructor and friend.

Lana:
Viceroy Heinsmen and his wife Mistress Clarantine, who owns the local flower shop. Lana's boss and tutor.

Squire Quenten of Bran - studying to be a knight in Cresston. Lana's childhood friend.

These are free charries. Names can be changed and the charrie can be ran however they like. They are just easy to start with because they already have a connection to a major charrie.

Let me know what you think.
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Animya Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:13 am

Hiya Phi,

honestly I think it's quite the good idea Smile
So I'm, up for it.

Also if you think something about my charrie(s) aren't/isn't clear, just let me know, and I'll edit them Wink
Animya
Animya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Animya Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:20 am

Okay, quick list of the characters from old-to-young:
Rosa(linia) – 25 – Earth [Phi Chisym]
Spoiler:
Nathan - 22- Fire [Animya]
Spoiler:
Air [Ruu]
Lana – 14 – Sound [Phi Chisym]
Spoiler:
Cait – 8 – Darkness [Animya]
Spoiler:
Caleb – 8 – Light [Ruu]
Spoiler:
Animya
Animya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Animya Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:40 pm

Edited the previous post, my second char is in the list now aswell Smile
Meet Nathan
Animya
Animya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:27 pm

OMG! Rosa's going to have a time with her brother!
I can just see her constantly on his case, but she's so much like their mother he really has no bark nor bite against her. But, inspite the little things, they are a fierce team against anyone oppose to their family.

Q&A: Who is the antagonist in this whole parade?

I know the townsfolks are not comfortable with them and they make a vital point to prove it, but who/or what will be the breaking point in this story? Who/What is going to thrown the comforts (what little is left) of this family? Who/What is going to make them react in a way that will be the breaking point for the village?

Then, after that plateau moves them into the custody of the landlord, who/what will be the catalyst that moves the story and the actions of their 'curse' forward?

As mentioned in my first interest post, the idea of someone who has knowledge of this 'curse' will be rather interesting to play with. What would a person do if they knew that the family that has become the nusance of the town has a secret - one that can be a benefit for the person holding all the cards?

And what would those cards be? How deep does this secret curse run? The Gott's children - do they even have a clue to the answer?

Is there anyone out there who does?

I don't know if these are Q&A's that you wish to explore as a group throughout the RP, or if you're slowly planning them out to bring into focus the further this story goes. I don't want you to reveal secrets you're keeping from your RPers, but I'm a rather curious mouse and this story has already struck several plot cords on my musical harp.

So, if you want/need ideas, or would like to just brainstorm, I've got a typhone!
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Animya Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:45 pm

Oh dear Phi the typhoon is one the loose XD
Yeah, I know Nathan is one heck of a little bro to have, but you've gotta love him <3
And you certainly got a point there, so to answer just the questions to let you know I'm thinking currently, I'll give you this:

The idea was indeed to let them start out already in the 'custody' of the landlord, several events such as the townspeople revolting about their lives in and around the city leading to them having to move out of the main quarters and into the larger land-house from the landlord, somewhere in the outskirts of Bran. Eventually when the crops fail, it leads to such a big commotion, not even such a rich and powerful man can longer oppose it, and has to think of his own family and life and send the Gott-children away.

I like your thought on the antagonist, PM me on that... Very Happy Because that is something I'd rather keep silent for the players.
Animya
Animya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:58 pm

Whoops, I thought I posted something here earlier but I can't seem to find it. O.O Anyways, Nathan looks awesome! I can see Caleb really looking up to him, especially with their father gone.

Anyways, I should have my character in tomorrow, Friday, or Saturday by the latest. He'll probably be between 16-18. Does that work?
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Animya Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:36 am

Hiya Ruu, I'm anticpating your charrie to come forth Smile
His age, mgith be a little young. I'd rather he/she'd be 18> than 16-18, because that could lead to problems with the [to come] other player' characters and all.
So either let him be around 20/21 or 18 Wink so that it's possible to put another 'younger' charrie between yours and Phi's Lana, get me?
Animya
Animya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:26 pm

I'll send that typhoon to you soon. I'm dealing with a family emergency right now, which is messing up my school and business schedules... So, bear with me.
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Animya Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:28 pm

Ok, understood. Much strength to you and your family *huggles*
You'll get through, you just have 2!
Animya