FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just thought I'd try to revive this

2 posters

Go down

Just thought I'd try to revive this Empty Just thought I'd try to revive this

Post by Ethereal Thu May 19, 2011 2:19 am

Time: 1:00pm/Saturday
Place: Mirage Soft Convention Center
Event: Parallel Global Launching
Estimated gamer count: 1500

"Video games, many people think of them as a different term for fun and entertainment. True, they are definitely made for such purpose. But did you know? Most Video Games are based on Reality. Combined with the creator's imagination, the video game comes to life and becomes an alter-dimension of reality. A dimension the Player can access through consoles, internet or portable hand-held devices. Over the generations, lots of factors have influenced the making of these Video Games. Competition to create the best has always been at it's peak. Countless games have risen to the top but eventually fell into the history books. But we at Mirage Soft took the step forward, to bring you gamers a Different Experience!"

Loud Applause

"Welcome fans and lovers, hardcore and casual gamers, to the highly anticipated launching of Parallel. With the combined brilliant minds of Mirage Soft's hard working staff, we have definitely succeeded in creating A world you couldn't possibly leave behind. Parallel promises gamers excitement in every corner of the game world. But that is not the highlight of this game my fellow enthusiasts. In my left hand, I hold the ticket to Parralel. Looks like regular reading glasses? Don't be fooled, with a press of small button on the side, you gamers will gain instant access to the world of Parallel anytime, anywhere you want to. Join us and venture out into the uncharted world of Parallel."

Loud Applause

"With a wide variety of character classes to choose from, gamers can either become a peasant, a knight of medieval times, up to a space pirate from the future! With more than a hundred thousand character skills and customizations, Parallel will bring gamers to a new level of customization. No two characters are alike in Parallel, of course that possibility is open. With character levels reaching a record high of 1000, Parallel promises to let gamers experience a highly challenging and flexible combat system against the game's monsters or players alike. Know this fellow gamers, your imagination is the only limit! So what are you waiting for? Grab your Parallel Access Devices or PADs now and be one of us!"

Time: 9:00pm/Saturday
Place: Mirage Soft Convention Center
Event: Parallel Global Launching
Estimated gamer count: 1500
PAD units sold: 2567

Three months later...

Time: 7:15pm/Sunday
Place: College Dorm/Room 212/Real World
Player: Kyo Hidekawa
Character: Hiryuu/Pyrokinetic
Level: 128

"Hey Kyo, exams are coming up tomorrow, are you sure you want to be playing that now? I know you're smart but it doesn't hurt to be a little responsible you know?"

There was no response from Kyo. His roommate Brian decided to leave him alone to his game and go out for a cup of coffee to fuel himself for an all-nighter with the books.

"Hey, I'm gonna get a cup of caffeine, want some?"

Still there was no response. Sighing in defeat, the blonde student stood up and headed for the door. He looked at his Asian roommate who was immersed in his game and shook his head sideways with a wry smile. Just before he closed the door, a flash of bright light from inside caught his attention but he paid no mind. He thought it was just one of Kyo's game effects.

Some thirty minutes later after chatting with friends he met downstairs over a cup of joe, Brian returned to their room only to find Kyo collapsed on their carpeted floor with his PAD still on.

"Oh come on Kyo! The bed not comfortable enough for you? Get up, you're blocking my way!"

There was hardly any response at all, not even a twitch. Irritated, Brian decided it was time to take charge. He knelt down before Kyo and removed his PAD only to find that Kyo's eyes were glowing a crimson hue. Just as quick as his surprise caught him, room 212 was suddenly engulfed in flames originating from Kyo's body. It was a mess.

When he came to, the first thing Kyo remembered was being pulled out of ashes and burnt rubble by the fire fighters. Thanks to the quick response of the fire department, the damage was kept to a minimum. However, there was one casualty... Kyo's roommate, Brian.

He didn't want to believe it at first but after piecing together the pieces of the puzzle, Kyo realized that he was the cause of the fire... or rather, his character Hiryuu.

So much for the intro. If anyone is interested in this revival, drop me a line here and we can talk details.

~Ether
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Just thought I'd try to revive this Empty Re: Just thought I'd try to revive this

Post by Ana Kingsley Thu May 19, 2011 12:47 pm

O_O

I am HIGHLY interested in this idea.
Like...seriously...

Ana Kingsley
Ana Kingsley
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Just thought I'd try to revive this Empty Re: Just thought I'd try to revive this

Post by Ethereal Thu May 19, 2011 1:29 pm

Awesome! So, anything you want to know?
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ana Kingsley Thu May 19, 2011 1:33 pm

Just basically what we'd be doing. xD

Like, are their characters somehow coming through the PADs and taking over the people or what?

Also, where would my character come in?
Ana Kingsley
Ana Kingsley
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu May 19, 2011 1:53 pm

Okay, here's a brief rundown of the plot.

Most people believed aliens don't exist. Some people do and others don't care. In this RPs day and age, a certain alien computer technology happened to land in the hands of the military. At first they tried to make use of the technology by creating a military AI with the goal of optimizing battle plans, statistics, win percentage, the works. Project Overlord was born from it. Of course that didn't work out well so they decided to scrap the project and get on with their lives.

However, a business conglomerate, Mirage Soft, that dealt mostly with software saw potential in the Alien Technology and sought after it. After grueling negotiations with the military and government, they were given possession of the Alien Tech and used it to create Parallel, the game. It was mostly for profit and nothing else but people who play with unknown stuff should know better right?

Anyway, three months after the game's launch, the first ever PCP (Parallel Crossing Phenomenon) occurred in the Real World, that would be the event my character Kyo is involved in. This is supposed to be revealed in the RP as we play but might as well throw it out here so we know what we're dealing with. Alright, PCP is an event where certain game elements affect the user. The most common PCP would be the user gaining their in-game character's traits and manifesting them in the real world.
Other PCP would be certain game elements like items, artifacts and monsters crossing over.

Of course, with powers and game creatures manifesting in the real world little by little, it would be the duty of the users who gained their in-game character attributes to put a stop to it. Oh right, your character and mine are not the only users who have gained their character's abilities. This would add more depth, chaos and intrigue to the roleplay as other players may or may not take advantage of the PCP.

With power comes mayhem. LOL! If you feel like being the random nobody who saves the world, then welcome to Parallel.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ana Kingsley Thu May 19, 2011 1:57 pm

O.M.G.

This is gonna be so much fun. :3
Ana Kingsley
Ana Kingsley
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu May 19, 2011 2:07 pm

Okay! Now that we have dealt with what to do, it's time to plot where to start our story. Of course, I would need to know what your character is going to be like so I can find the right timing to start the RP.

Although I originally planned to start it six months after the first PCP.

Shall I make an OOC?
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ana Kingsley Thu May 19, 2011 2:12 pm

Yes.

As for my character, I'm still thinking her over.

She'd more than likely be a Rogue/Thief of some sort...

Ana Kingsley
Ana Kingsley
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu May 19, 2011 2:17 pm

Cool choice. We are not limited to medieval character classes in Parallel so it's just really up to your imagination. You name it, Parallel's got it. xD

I'll have the OOC up shortly.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down