FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Good Morning & Cup o' Joe Thread

+10
Squall Reyes
Digital Muse
Shadow Moonseye
The Ghost Writer
quakernuts
Lara
Silvan Arrow
Gadreille
Blackrock
Fate Flyer
14 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Good Morning & Cup o' Joe Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Good Morning & Cup o' Joe Thread

Post by Gadreille Sat May 14, 2011 9:24 pm

I don't think they've been missing for very long...but I can't say I check that forum very often, either. I suppose now would be a grand time to start a new Caligo role play...I just don't think I have the heart to GM another thread right now. I'm sort of zapped.

Substituting may be different in your area than mine, you may want to look into it just in case there is a difference in how the job is done.

We slept in a bit this weekend too, but its another early day tomorrow! Expect me here again Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

The Good Morning & Cup o' Joe Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Good Morning & Cup o' Joe Thread

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun May 15, 2011 8:41 am

Bored Good morning, FOG. *yaaaawn* I'm not usually up this early. This is because I'm actually up late. Stayed up all night. Bored Blackrock made a cool topic, though, so I haven't been bored. I wonder if I should... stay... *jolt!* Ah, no, that never works, telling myself I can stay up all this coming day, too. Or to be more precise--which is impressive given my current *yaaawwn* state-- ...

*jolt*
Oh right... to be more precise... where was I going with that again? Ah yes. More precisely, it always works to tell myself to keep staying up, but actually staying up is a whole 'nother animsdflarywjefhalkl *slump*

*jolt*

I'm-a go look for some coffee. ^^

Edit:
Found some. A little old, but still good. Yay for Starbucks! You could NEVER do that with mundane coffees. They're already mud, but at least they have a semblance of coffee when they're hot; after a half hour or so, they're naught but sludge.

My sister works at Starbucks so I'm spoiled and biased; deal with it. xD
It's true, though. ^^ For commercial and cheap coffees, anyway.

What would happen if coffee stopped? o.O Armageddon, as the last two people on earth fight over the last cup of coffee....

I think I'll go play Fire Emblem or Rune Factory instead of sleeping or doing anything remotely productive. I'd be too tired and botch it anyway. Laughing

And if I drop off, I drop off. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 15, 2011 10:10 am

I've not pulled an all-nighter in a long time... I don't know if I could anymore.

I woke up this morning at 5:55, five minutes before my alarm was set to go off. Beautiful allergies! Now I am slowly preparing myself for a long day at work: filling my belly with cereal, and my head with philosophy...

I get to spend the next 7 hours of my day in a cold milk cooler, or filling the cold dairy wall. Then I have to come home and immediately "sit down" to a big dinner, or so it was made to sound. Then I have to write my daily requirement for the Fogathon.

Anyway, that is my day. Oh... GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun May 15, 2011 10:59 am

You make free food sound like a torture device, Silvone.

I'm off to the Windwolves Preserve to take some pictures of my lady friend, Brandy. I have never been there, hope I can find my way there, and hope I don't pull a rookie mistake...as in, I hope I get at least a few good shots!

Then I'll come home to a barbecue (i.e. it is not going to be a sit down dinner...not unless of course you want to sit while you eat, which is perfectly respectable) and then hopefully catch some healthy zz's.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sun May 15, 2011 12:02 pm

Mmmmm finally a good, long night's sleep. I needed that. Coffee in hand and plans in head for a fun day. Planting herbs and tomato plants for my kitchen garden (I'm a great cook and love, love, love my own herbs).

Then over to my best friend's house for her brother-in-law to install Linux Mint on my laptop. Bye Bye Windows! Bwahahahaha!

Then home to write write write with M4Minions. Gonna be a great day.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Mon May 16, 2011 9:17 am

I meant to post this earlier (in the morning, ha!) but the morale tent was too crowded so I just skipped straight to the squadron to start working. Anyway, I'm at the base's coffee shop now and enjoying a nice a frappe (yes, I'm actually surprised they have such delicacies in Kuwait)! It's about 1600 here and now that I'm off duty I can post this.

This week has been quite exciting! I got to fly more missions around the Middle East, visit Iraq and Jordan some more, and even shook hands with Brig. General McMillan, the director of the Air Force Security Forces. I sat to his right during dinner and got a picture standing with later for my little brothers back home. It was truly an honor to meet such an individual, and listening to his proposals for future changes told me that he is definitely a man of action and not just another political pencil-pusher. The only discomfort throughout the entire dinner was the Technical Sergeant sitting on the other side of me, asking the General an onslaught of bull crap questions while I'm trying to eat. Talk about annoying. All I heard was "Can I get a coin? Can I get a coin? Can I get a coin?"

For those wondering what that's about, it's traditional for generals to hand out coins to their troops. It started back during the American Revolution when generals would hand coins to their troops to purchase alcohol in order to keep up the morale. Coins today in the military come with all sorts of different symbols and meanings. For the Air Force, the first coin that every Airman receives is upon graduation of BMT. It's the Airman's Coin; which defines that you are an United States Airman. Personally, I have a total of six coins. My Airman's Coin is obviously my first, and my second one was the coin for my BMT squadron. The last coin I received was from the Airmen for Christ director at Lackland; it's the Military Ministry coin.

But I digress...

So far I'm having a really fun week; and before I let this frappe melt any further, I'm going to stop typing this post.

-Rec
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon May 16, 2011 10:44 am

Good morning, FoG! *YAAAAAWN*

Ugh...I woke up feeling like a zombie this morning, but this delicious coffee I'm drinking should do the trick. I survived the big swing dance weekend with my sanity mostly intact, but I'm completely exhausted and my sleep schedule is so messed up now. The last thing to do is meet with the outgoing treasurer (I'm the new treasurer) and tally up all the money from this weekend and any other necessary details.

I'm definitely going to be slammed with studying, work, and practicing for my dance showcase next weekend, but for now I'm in a pretty darn good mood. I had a date yesterday with the guy I'm talking to after I finished with all the swing dancing stuff. It was low-key and very relaxing, exactly what I needed: walking and chilling out by the waterfront park overlooking the harbor, a light dinner, and then walking around downtown at night checking out the various cathedrals and cool architecture. Sadly he's leaving for a business trip today and won't be back until Friday, so he decided to be super-cliche and let me borrow his over-shirt until then (He leant it to me last night when it got chilly...awwwww...).

Okay, sorry for all the mushiness. This is still all really new to me, and I'm just enjoying it. Off to the work grind I go!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Mon May 16, 2011 12:42 pm

Heh, I should start posting my goodnights in the morning thread, with how late I've been staying up... Really gotta get out of that habit; it's going to kill me come when my job starts up.

I suppose it's technically afternoon now that I've gotten around to posting here, but even so, good morning! I'm just relaxing a bit for the moment. Going to see if my Steam copy of Portal still works in a minute, and if it does, then I plan to get completely engrossed in it until my mom calls to remind me that I've agreed (I guess?) to come into the office and work for a few hours.

Then hopefully I'll come back home and clean a bit more. Hmm, though I don't know which bin I'll empty today.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed May 18, 2011 9:34 am

Mornin'.

Trying not to have any caffeine today. My left eye muscle has been spasming for the fast few days, and I read that caffeine could be the cause, so I'm trying to get that under control. I've never had it go on this long. When it ever did happen in the past (and rarely), it was gone almost as soon as it started. I applied a warm compress to my eye this morning too, since I felt it starting to twitch again, and that seemed to help a lot, as I haven't felt it do it again since. *crosses fingers*

Yay for rainy days... Not. I feel like staying home today and just doing me stuff lol.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri May 20, 2011 10:38 am

Morning FOG.

I must say, I am sick of the dreary weather...when is the sun going to shine again? Today I work, and after work I must resume cleaning. The after service will be held at my grandparents (why does every funeral have an after service here? Why not their own house? Even when it was someone in our house that died, no one offered their house to us to use!) and the house must be spotless before guests arrive. My grandmother is just that way. I remember when Janet died, I had to scrub furiously at the bloodstains in the carpet so that it would be gone before the "guests" arrive. It's very frustrating, but I think my grandmother finds solace in cleaning. I sure don't though.

I'm hoping next week I get some good news, followed by some better news, followed by some sunshine. I need to get out of this rut!

Well, I've got five minutes to put together some sort of lunch, so I best get to it. Until the afternoon, FOG!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri May 20, 2011 10:46 am

Good morning, FoG!

If I could send some of our sunshine your way Ryona, I certainly. I hope things start to look up for you soon *hugs*

Today will probably not be the most productive in terms of studying, but I'm excited about it regardless. I get to pick up the guy I'm seeing from the airport today. He's getting back from a business trip, and I couldn't be more excited to see him. After I drop him off at his house for a well-deserved power nap, I'm gonna try and study some more before swing dancing (he'll be there too) tonight.

I'll be anxiously watching the clock until I get to leave!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Fri May 20, 2011 1:49 pm

Good afternoon, Fog!

I was up and around a couple of times this morning because the phone kept ringing. My dad just had surgery on his knee so everyone's been calling to see how he's doing. He went in this morning and just got back, so I've been told to stick around the house for the next few days. The rest of the family is busy with things so I'm going to need to help baby my dad while I'm around, haha.

I'm currently making him some ramen soup. He wanted it "the way I make it on the stove". XD (I boil water with various spices [as I feel like putting them in], red wine vinegar, the packet from the soup, and frozen peas] and turn down the head and add in the noodles and an egg once the water boils.) And actually, I just gave it to him... I think I made it a little strong, since I haven't made it in a while. Haha.

Edit: -cough- Yeah, I put a bit too much vinegar in it. Though dad just complimented me on it, so...maybe he likes it that way. It does have a nice taste all the same.

Mom and I are going to run around a bit today, though I'm not sure where we're going to end up. I know I'm going to the post office to pick up a package, CVS to pick up a prescription, and the library to see about a book...but I feel like there were other things we were going to do while we're out. Guess I'll find out!
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 21, 2011 12:24 pm

I hate that I don't ever really drink, yet every morning I wake up I feel like I have a hangover Sad Mornings just suck for me these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat May 21, 2011 12:59 pm

Silvone Elestahr wrote:I hate that I don't ever really drink, yet every morning I wake up I feel like I have a hangover Sad Mornings just suck for me these days.
That sounds absolutely awful, Silvone. No Having hangovers every once in awhile after drinking a lot is bad enough, but suffering from similar effects every morning would be horrible. Hang in there.

Morning! I have 2 minutes till it's noon and therefore not morning anymore. I'm drinking some coffee Axiom made for me and wondering what we're going to do this weekend, as we're both completely and utterly broke lol.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sat May 21, 2011 5:32 pm

Yes, I know it's technically almost evening, but I figure the term "morning" is relative on the weekend. And such a good morning it was! So...the boy ended up crashing on the couch at my place last night because he was running on no sleep and too exhausted to make the half-hour+ drive back to his house. I don't do well sharing sleeping space with other people, even girl friends, so I slept in my own bed (I'm gonna be in trouble if/when I get married haha!). But we ended up cuddling/dozing the morning away before he left, so that was very nice Very Happy

I hope you feel better, Silvone! And Fate, if you and Axiom are looking for something fun/cheap to do, you could do far worse than just a low-key cuddle/movie-at-home day.

I'm busting out the soda with dinner tonight, because I'll need it for swing dancing and celebrating my classmate's birthday on the beach afterward. The boy is coming with me, so he'll get to meet all my lab buddies and they'll get to grill him to their hearts' content Twisted Evil
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat May 21, 2011 7:50 pm

Haha, I think everyone has trouble at first adjusting to sleeping next to someone. It's especially hard if you're like me and a super light sleeper, capable of waking up from the slightest things. xD But eventually it becomes normal and what you get used to, so when you sleep alone, it always feels lonely.
SilvanArrow wrote:And Fate, if you and Axiom are looking for something fun/cheap to do, you could do far worse than just a low-key cuddle/movie-at-home day.
That's pretty much exactly what we had in mind! Aww Later, Axiom's supposed to make dinner for me too, since that's free. So I'm looking forward to that hehe.

That sounds like a wonderful day you have going there, Silvan! I hope you enjoy the birthday party on the beach!!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Fri May 27, 2011 5:47 pm

So it isn't morning, but part of this post is about my morning so...it counts? Ish? I've just had a very interesting/amusing day so far and wanted to post somewhere about it, and this was as close a topic as I could find (didn't we used to have a 'how was your day?' thread? I thought we did...).

My morning started with my alarm clock not going off (or me just not hearing it) and my mom asking what time it was I had needed to get up (for the record, I was already supposed to be out the door). I attribute this to getting about four hours of sleep last night because I stayed up late and woke up early because I was helping my best friend move today. My other best friend and I both drove out to her house and spent the next two hours moving most of her boxes. It was kind of fun, and I got to hang out and talk to her mom for a bit, which I don't often get to do, so that was nice.

Usually, my friends and I would end up hanging out for the rest of the day, but today I needed to head home in order to do some shopping with my mom.

Our first stop was Best Buy. Or rather, my first stop was Best Buy, while my mom headed to another store with my sister. I was excited to finally pick up Portal 2 because I had rediscovered a $25 Best Buy gift card in my bedroom and the PC version of the game was on sale for $30. When I got on line to buy it, the cashier, a younger girl, smiled and waved at me. I smiled back, though I was a bit confused. It was a "race" between her and the other cashier as to who would get to ring me up, but her customers ended up being faster, so I walked over.

Girl: Hey! How have you been?
Me: I've been good, how about you?
Girl: Things've been good. ...Do you remember me?
Me: Not really...I'm sorry.
Girl: *looks surprised* Really? I was in 11th grade, you were in 12th. We had gym together...you, me, and (another friend of mine).
Me: *realization* Oh! Yes, I remember you!

She attributed my lack of memory to her having cut her hair. I hastily agreed. But anyway, she noticed that I was buying Portal and asked if I had played it yet. I hadn't, and she grinned and assured me that it was going to be fantastic (I'm so excited). I then mentioned that I was replaying the first Portal on Steam, and she got even more excited. Did you know that apparently the PS3 version of Portal and the PC version are both compatible for co-op through Steam? Me neither, but I know it now, and the cashier actually gave me her Steam name so we can play co-op together once I beat the game! I'm stoked. I didn't think I'd get to experience co-op!

After Best Buy, we got to go to one of my favorite places: the bookstore. Borders, specifically. While browsing I found a book by one of my favorite authors (Iris Johansen) that I didn't own yet, but despite it being on clearance for $6 I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy it right then. However, a few minutes later I found a 50% off shelf that had the same $6 Johansen book for half off the $6! =D A $3 hardcover? Sounds good to me!

I then made my way over to my other favorite section, the sci-fi shelves, where I soon located and lost myself in their collection of Star Wars novels. I was looking for one in particular (which I found, yay!) but I found a couple of others that I was considering, too.

While I was sitting there, a voice suddenly called over to me. I turned around to see this random girl standing there smiling at me, asking if I worked there. I didn't. She then mentioned that she thought she had seen me somewhere before. I disagreed, but mentioned she might have seen me around. We then ended up talking for maybe 15 minutes about a ton of different books and movies and things we liked about them. I ended up giving her my name so we can add each other on Facebook. (My mom is concerned that she's going to end up being a stalker. I laughed, though the thought actually nags at me a bit because I've been in this sort of random-acquaintance situation before.) She also suggested that we maybe hang out some time, but I evaded that because I won't be around for the next few months.

While the girl and I were talking, another woman walked by, paused, looked at me, then asked me if I knew where an author would be located. I paused, looked at her, then calmly said that I didn't work there (oops) but that she might find the books a few aisles over. (Turns out the books were right next to me. Oops.)

After Borders I ducked into Sports Authority for a moment, and while I was in there two guys stopped me and asked me a question about socks. Like I was supposed to know the answer.

Like I said, today's just been an amusing/interesting day for me, and it's not near over yet. I still have work tonight at 9:30 (I'm scorekeeping a baseball game). But I wanted to mention it somewhere. XD
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat May 28, 2011 12:13 pm

Wow, Lara!

That was a pretty crazy day. It's awesome that you not only got Portal 2, but also was reacquainted with an old high school friend. Smile Then you made friends with someone random at Borders! lol That's hilarious that not only at Borders, but also at Sports Authority people thought you worked there. Were you wearing something resembling normal employee attire? All those deals you got too were awesome discounts. Sounds like it turned out to be a pretty unique and awesome day. Cool

Well, good morning, FoGers! I just woke up not that long ago at my boyfriend's place, and now I'm drinking a coffee and watching HGTV (the channel he normally has on here, as we both enjoy it). I played some Monster Galaxy on Facebook. (That game can be a little addicting -- Thank you Kathryn for introducing it to me! lol) We have plans to pick up some Dominos pizza for lunch (OMG their thin crust, white sauce, jalopeno & tomato pizza is the absolute best!) and then probably go and pick up an opal ring at the mall later that I had resized. Then I have to head on over to Tires Plus to get my oil changed, since they currently have a $19.99 deal on oil changes. My maintenance light came on in my car for that, and I didn't realize I was about 3,000 miles overdo!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sat May 28, 2011 9:39 pm

Haha, no, Fate, I wasn't wearing anything that looked remotely like store attire. XD I was wearing one of my service fraternity shirts! But yes, it was very amusing all-together.

Dominos white pizza is amazing! It's practically the only pizza I eat. Lately, my favorite's been thin crust, white pizza with pepperoni and pineapple. (Mmm, getting hungry just thinking about it.)

I would have posted in this thread this morning (I was actually UP in the morning!!) but I woke up in time to head to work. I played scorekeeper for baseball today from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. I ended up having an unexpected hour break because one of my games ended early, but man am I exhausted...
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue May 31, 2011 9:53 am

That's pretty hilarious that they still assumed you worked at both places, despite not being dressed like a normal employee lol.

Oh my goodness, right!? It's good to know there are other FoGers who enjoy Dominos white sauce, thin crust pizza. Very Happy It's delicious.

Morning, FoG! Today is my day back to work for the week, and I am not ready.

I don't know what the heck is wrong with me, and I can't find a whole lot of helpful information on the internet about it (though do manage to find lots of people suffering from the same problem), but I have had a horrible itch on both of my legs for the past few days, and it comes and goes occasionally. Recently, it's formed somewhat of a rash, and I read if you're allergic to something, it won't affect both legs at once, so I have no clue. It's SO awful though, that I seriously cannot fall asleep. It is SUCH a severe itch, and no anti-itch cream or lotion that I put on them seems to help. I couldn't get to bed last night until almost 3:00 am because of itching, and I wake up at 7:00. So I think I'm going to be tired today.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue May 31, 2011 10:40 am

Ouch, I'm sorry that you're having problems with that itch, Fate. Mosquito bites are bad enough where I live near the coast, but at least anti-itch cream soothes those. Might I suggest going to a walk-in clinic or even a dermatologist? Lack of sleep will catch up with you in a hurry.

Good morning, FoG! I'm just enjoying my morning coffee and doing some accounting for swing dancing before heading to the lab to study at my cubicle. My comprehensive oral exams are on Friday, so it's crunch time this week. I've been studying all month, but I still feel like there's so much information I need to cover. Granted, everyone says you'll never be completely ready, but still! I had a dream last night where I was taking the oral exams and only three of my four committee members were on time, they had to go find the fourth one, and the professor chairing the exam just didn't show up. At least I was doing well on the exam, so hopefully that's a good sign?
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:59 am

Gooooooood morning, FoG!

It really is morning this time. =D I have my first day of work today!

I'm kind of nervous. I haven't met my boss yet, and I've never had a "real" job like this before (my previous jobs have all been a lot more casual) so there are a ton of things about this that are going to be different for me.

At the moment, I'm just sitting around waiting for the time I said I'd head out. Work starts at 9 and it takes 15-20 minutes to get there, so in order to be early today I'm leaving around 8:15 (it's 8:00 now). Then I'll be there all day!
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:09 am

Good luck at your first day of work, Lara! I'm sure it'll go fine. With things like that, they usually turn out better than we plan for hehe. That's wonderful that you landed yourself a "real" job! What will you be doing?

Morning, FoGers! I'm doing some laundry right now and later I have to leave a little early for work so I can get some gas. Not too much happening with me. I'm drinking a Special K morning protein shake at the moment for breakfast and in place of coffee, since I'm currently out. Going to play a game of League of Legends right now!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:57 am

Good morning, FoG!

Ugh...second night in a row of frustration dreams about oral exams. This time my entire committee showed up, but we ended up at my grandparents' old farm house. Then the dream time-skipped to afterwards and they wouldn't tell me how I did. Instead, I got an email saying I passed with conditions and would need to retake the test. Then the same thing happened a second time. Oh, and somehow I ended up at a dance class swing dancing with my advisor. How weird is that?!

I'm so ready to get this test over with and out of my hair so I can move on with my life...
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:24 pm

Stayed up all night again, but I don't feel all that tired.
I was making my new avatar/signature set. Aww

The morning is so bright and awesome. It's kind-of overcast, which makes the area where the sun is seem platinum-white. Maybe I'll take a walk. ^^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:53 pm

Good luck at your first day of work, Lara! I'm sure it'll go fine. With things like that, they usually turn out better than we plan for hehe. That's wonderful that you landed yourself a "real" job! What will you be doing?

Thanks! I'm a television production intern. =) And you're right, the first day went very well! It's so awesome; I'm going to be working in the studio and going on field shoots!
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Wow, Silvan! Well that's good that you don't feel tired at least lol.

It still feels like morning to me, but I've been tired all day. I've been caffeine deprived this week, since my coffee ran out (though thankfully my mom bought me some more Keurig cups to pick up this weekend when I visit), and I have zero dollars to spend on energy drinks. I'm finding out just how much I probably rely on those. I feel as if I could just fall asleep at any moment right now, if I didn't have to work.

Also, gas is going up again. How much is gas where everyone else is? Here, it is $4.25 at the moment, though it used to be $4.50. Apparently it's supposed to reach $5 in the suburbs. It always was that much in downtown Chicago. I was reading that the amount people make can't keep up with the rising costs of gas and food. All I can say is, if gas gets anywhere close to the amount minimum wage is, no one will be able to afford to drive anywhere, and since our country doesn't have public transportation everywhere, that's going to be a huge issue.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:55 pm

I know how you feel, Fate. I've been drinking my morning coffee all week, except today. I won't have time to many any tomorrow before my oral exams, and quite frankly, I don't want to be hyped up on caffeine during that test anyway. I figured I would give myself a day to "detox," so to speak, and now I'm completely exhausted.

Gas where I live is about $3.70 for unleaded, but I have to put the high test in my car, which is $3.90. I know it's not as bad as in other places, but I still feel the crunch because I live off a limited stipend. It's completely ridiculous how much this is crunching our entire economy. I'm a huge proponent of investigating alternative energy, because more oil drilling just won't get us very far in the long-term. By the time you factor in the costs to set up more oil drilling when we've already tapped into most of the world's supply, we may see prices drop by a few cents at the most. And then what happens when the world's oil runs out? We need to start switching over our infrastructure to accommodate a renewable way of running vehicles so we're not screwed in the future.

And thus ends my soapbox of the day...
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:23 pm

Climb back on that soapbox young lady and don't you get down until there is an affordable car run completely on renewable resources! Wink

Luckily when I open my business I will not have to drive a car anymore, except to get groceries/supplies or to visit family. Unfortunately Silvone still has to drive across town to get to work. Someday though, we would love to get to a point where he can bike/bus to work. I even managed college for a year without a car in Arizona, but unfortunately my town here in California is too spread out to manage.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:16 pm

It is possible to have cars run on water, or even air. I'm not joking.
These technologies are being suppressed.

Aaanyway, I woke up at noon today after staying up for two days in a row. xD
The day's been off to a slow start, probably for the same reason. Razz
Focus time!
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next