FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Good Morning & Cup o' Joe Thread

+10
Squall Reyes
Digital Muse
Shadow Moonseye
The Ghost Writer
quakernuts
Lara
Silvan Arrow
Gadreille
Blackrock
Fate Flyer
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Good Morning & Cup o' Joe Thread Empty The Good Morning & Cup o' Joe Thread

Post by Fate Flyer Tue May 10, 2011 4:18 pm

Good morning!

The Good Morning & Cup o' Joe Thread 5145427755_4ea2a8c397

Welcome to the morning thread for Footsteps of Ghosts!

Come wake up and greet the morning with your fellow FoGers. Kill some time by chatting about what you have planned for the day whilst drinking your coffee (or juice, or milk, or whatever beverage you have in the mornings) and talk about whatever is on your mind this day in history, including any local, national, or global news. This is a thread for anyone who wakes up early enough for it to still be morning!

Last edited by Fate Foretold on Fri May 13, 2011 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

The Good Morning & Cup o' Joe Thread Empty Re: The Good Morning & Cup o' Joe Thread

Post by Blackrock Tue May 10, 2011 4:27 pm

Can I cheat by using the huge time zone difference between myself and most users on this forum (who seem to be in America) and talk about my day as I prepare to sleep, while you plan yours? Razz Wink

Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

The Good Morning & Cup o' Joe Thread Empty Re: The Good Morning & Cup o' Joe Thread

Post by Fate Flyer Tue May 10, 2011 4:36 pm

lol Of course, Blackrock. That would be fine, but feel free to post here even when it is morning for you despite the thread probably having less traffic at that hour.

Really, it would be all right to chat in this thread at any time of the day to talk about your day or the news and weather or anything somewhat current, though it is primarily aimed to be used when you wake up.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed May 11, 2011 9:25 am

Well, good morning, FoG! Smile How has everyone's morning been?

This morning, I did some laundry and am currently drinking a cup of coffee from my Keurig. I wish I could have the Today show on in the mornings like I used to, but I don't have my TV in the bedroom, since the only place it can work is out in the living room where the cable box is or whatever. And that area of the apartment isn't exactly mine... It's my roommate's. But I won't get into that.

It's stifling hot here for May, although it's supposed to rain all this week. Today's high is 84 in this Chicago suburb, which is actually down from 86 yesterday. I'm actually wearing a tank top for the first time this year today.

In a couple of hours, I'm leaving and heading to work till 9:30 tonight, as usual. I'm really ready to move out of here and be back in the Quad Cities.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed May 11, 2011 11:18 am

Morning FOG!

I wish I had as productive a morning as you fate...I can't seem to get anything done.

Today is not starting off so well. I have a health scare going on and can't seem to get ahold of my doctor. So I'm sitting here trying not to panic, somewhat reminiscent of the scene in a horror movie where they go to call 911 and the phone is dead Smile I'm trying to keep upbeat but I'm sort of in a lot of pain...and that sucks.

So, hopefully if all goes well I will be at the doctor in a couple of hours, and better very soon.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed May 11, 2011 11:22 am

I'm sorry about you not being able to get anywhere this morning, Ryona, and about your health scare. I hope everything's all right. Sad It sounds like you're having to deal uncomfortably! I'm sure you'll be able to make it in to the doctor's later today though, so hopefully whatever it is, you can get it checked out. Good luck, hon!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed May 11, 2011 11:27 am

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon, Ryona! The most important thing is not to panic. I'm the type of person that if I think something is wrong, I start imagining all sorts of other symptoms that aren't there, and it just creates a vicious feedback loop.

Let's see...my morning is off to a pretty good start. I brewed some coffee in my travel mug and came to the lab this morning. Even though it's summer now, I'm studying full time for my comprehensive oral exams, which are June 3. I had a good little chat with my advisor before he left for a research cruise, but one of my other committee members that I tried to find is on vacation. Oh well, I'll bug him later.

We also have a prospective grad student visiting our marine biology program (which is what I'm studying) today, so I get to come to the prospective student lunch, score some free pizza, and help answer her questions about the program. I feel so official now that I'm eligible to start coming to these! It gets me even more excited to start my thesis research!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed May 11, 2011 11:36 am

Oral exams sound scary, but at least you should be ready by the time June comes around, Silvan. Good luck with all that!

That's really quite awesome that you're studying marine biology. How do you like it? That was a major my best friend and I were considering back in high school. It also is exciting that you get to be ones to do that now. Smile Sounds like a busy yet fulfilling day! Also, free pizza is always a plus lol.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed May 11, 2011 11:46 am

Ha, I know how that is, Silvan. I am definitely trying not to panic. I got ahold of the nurse and of course, my doctor is booked and gone for the next two days....they are trying to get me in to see another doctor in the same office. They put a big URGENT stamp on my case so hopefully I'll get a call back soon.

It sounds like grad school is very exciting for you. I wish that I had been happier with the grad school program at the college I got my bachelors in. I guess it just wasn't meant to be, though.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed May 11, 2011 11:49 am

Oh my gosh, I absolutely love studying marine biology. It's what I've wanted to do since I was six. My thesis research is going to be on fish populations in some local artificial reefs. I want to know how the age of the reef affects the number and diversity of fish species and compare that to nearby natural reefs. Since the whole purpose of artificial reefs is to provide more habitat for fish, we want to know how long it takes before the reefs acquire a fish community that's similar to natural reefs.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed May 11, 2011 4:23 pm

Let us know what happens, Ryona, and if you're okay! It's really too bad that your doctor has to be gone right when you need him, but hopefully someone else can see you very soon.

It sounds like you are a born marine biologist, Silvan, and that's really inspiring! That makes a lot of sense, and that sounds like a very interesting thesis. I wonder what your research will reveal about that?
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed May 11, 2011 6:28 pm

I'm glad you like my idea, Fate! I always like getting other people's inputs on it, especially people outside of biology, to see if it makes sense to them. As the old saying goes, I won't know until I try, but my hypothesis (educated guess) is that the fish community will gain more species and become more diverse in older reefs. Previous studies have looked at the effect of reef age on the benthic community (invertebrates like sponges and corals), and age has a huge impact on them. Since fish communities often depend on benthic communities for food and habitat, it makes sense that they would be affected too. Ah, I can't wait to start my field sampling! It'll involve lots of scuba diving and filming fish at the chosen reefs, which will be so much more fun than being cooped up in a lab all day ^_^
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed May 11, 2011 7:15 pm

I got into the doctor, and I'll be fine, with some meds and lots of water. LOTS. ugh...

It always amazes me how many unanswered questions there are about the world, no matter how big or small. There is always material for a thesis Wink
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed May 11, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm glad you'll be okay, Ryona! Just do what the doctor says and get plenty of water and rest! Let us know how you're feeling as time passes!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu May 12, 2011 11:51 am

Smile Good morning FOG!

Much more productive morning, and feeling much better. Even just drinking lots of water helped tremendously. I am currently waiting until 9 AM, at which point I have to drive out to Community Care something or another downtown. It takes almost 30 minutes to get anywhere from where I live, and I need to be there at 9:30. I'm attending an orientation on opening a family child care home. Silvone and I are contemplating starting a day care so that I can remain at home with Theoden (and make money doing something I love to do). This orientation is a mandatory step toward achieving this goal. It's scary but very exciting. We're juggling a lot of things right now but with determination I know it will work out in the end. After this orientation I have to sign up for nutrition and first aid training...Silvone also has to be fingerprinted and TB tested (I already have been to become a substitute, I'm hoping that will suffice). After that, we just need...a house! Haha. That is in the works too...although it's taking its time. We've put a bid on a house that is in a short sale, but apparently short sales are the oxymoron of real estate...they take forever! If we get this house, we will be moving and I will have to get into high gear getting this daycare ready for opening. It's a lot to do at once, but I know we can do it. I'm so happy that we have a good chunk of savings to help us get what we need, as well as family willing to sign the house with us and cover it a couple of months while we get the business started. I'm crossing my fingers that we hear from the company soon!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu May 12, 2011 12:24 pm

I'm so glad you're feeling better, Ryona! I must admit, I'm curious as to what caused you to be in a lot of pain and can be correlated with dehydration. I tend to drink less water than I should... You don't have to say if it's personal or something, but the scientist in me is always curious about biological stuff like that.

Pretty productive morning on my end. I cleaned the house and did the grocery shopping because we have a big swing dance event this weekend with lots of people coming in from out of town, and a bunch of us local dancers are letting the out of town dancers stay at our houses. I'm kind of excited to find out which two people will be staying with me. One of my roommates is also having two people over for the weekend, so it's gonna be a party! Alas, I haven't done any studying yet today, and I need to get on that because I'll be super busy this weekend handling all the money issues at all the dances (I'm the swing dance organization's treasurer) and being ready to jump in to handle any last-minute emergencies.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu May 12, 2011 4:33 pm

I guess it isn't that personal, though it is a bit embarrassing. But, in the name of science, I shall spill the dirty details. I have some sort of bladder infection (from where the pain is, I'm thinking the urethra). I've been having troubles with that area ever since I had a catheder when Theoden was born. Most of the time I drink a load of cranberry juice and it goes away, but it didn't work. Also, this was the first time there was blood in my urine, so I had to rush to the doctor. There is a history of kidney failure in my family and I had to make sure the issue wasn't "higher up", so to speak. My kidneys are fine, she pretty much punched me in them and I didn't flinch, lol. I was actually surprised how much the pain lessened by drinking lots of water, I didn't expect it to. The only thing that sucks is I have to pee ALL of the time. Of course, an infection like this causes you to feel that way anyway, so its not really a problem. I will be very happy when it's all said and done though!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu May 12, 2011 4:57 pm

No need to feel embarrassed, Ryona. I appreciate the information and will keep that in mind as motivation to drink more water lol. Drinking all that water probably helps the body flush out more of the infection quicker, thus lessening the pain. I'm very glad it wasn't anything more serious and that you're feeling better!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Thu May 12, 2011 5:24 pm

I'm glad it's not as big an issue as you thought it might be, Ryona. =)

My day was supposed to be much more eventful than it has been, though I suppose I've just been making what sound (to me) like really good excuses not to get things done.

I had planned on getting into my room today and unpacking a bit now that I'm home, but some guys came to work on our house and so I told myself I'd wait until they left to get back to work, so I wouldn't miss their knock if they needed anything (and they have knocked once or twice).

I had been expecting them to be here for, oh, maybe an hour. ...They've been here for at least three.

On a plus, I did organize a bit.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Fri May 13, 2011 8:53 am

Gooooooooooood Moooooooooooooorning FOG!

I'm not usually active in the OOC, but I'm awake at an ungodly hour (for me anyways) and felt like saying something cause I can! Razz

Well, I've woken up at 6 this morning, after repeatedly waking up every two hours throughout the night and coughing my head off. (Chest congestion sucks!) So now I'm ready to tackle the day on a total of maybe, if I'm lucky, 3-4 hours of sleep! WOOOO!

Oh, btw, I love going to work with as little sleep as possible! Somehow, it makes the day go faster (if that makes any sense...?). So hopefully this day will be quick, and probably filled with the insanity you guys are used to seeing of me! I mean, last time I kneed a watermelon into non-existance. (it was an accident, I swear!). So, here's to the sleepless, the insane, and the perfectly willing people who pass that on to everyone else!

Cheers, and see ya at 5 FOG!
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri May 13, 2011 10:17 am

Morning FOG!

I am getting ready for work and currently enjoying a cup of apple juice with some peanut butter crunch...I'll never get over loving kid cereal! I am subbing for second graders today, I have never worked with 2nd (I've had K, 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8th, but never 2nd...?) So I'm excited to finally experience it. I love seeing how kids progress every year and how different they are from the year before. They grow so fast! Also, kids 3rd grade and younger still have an innocence about them that is beautiful. School is still fun to them and they want to hear what their teacher has to say. I don't get to work with the young ones near often enough.

After work I am going to an MS3 barbecue. MS3 is a math and engineering program at my alumni high school. My brothers are both currently a part of that same program, so I'm going to hang out with them and maybe run into a few old teachers. If not, at least Taeo will have fun at the park!

Have a good day FOG, see you later!

Edit: Quaker, if I don't get sleep, work goes by SLOW. I don't know how you do it!

Last edited by Ryona Noel on Fri May 13, 2011 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri May 13, 2011 12:49 pm

I know it's not technically morning anymore, but I'm gonna post here anyway! The first dance of our swing event went really well last night. I didn't sleep all that well for whatever reason, partly because the cat kept jumping on me, but I'm feeling pretty good now after a shower and tasty lunch. I'm going to study more this afternoon and then hit the dance floor again tonight! I'm also currently "talking to" one of the guys from my swing scene, and I'm really excited to see him tonight since he couldn't make it out last night. We're not an official item yet because I need to take things slow for a number of reasons, but he's a really great guy and a total sweetheart. We kind of having a "cheering section" of our swing friends who are not so secretly hoping we'll end up together. It's rather amusing Razz
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri May 13, 2011 4:12 pm

I'm really happy to hear that you're doing all right, Ryona! I was worried about you, but drinking water is a very nice remedy, as its beneficial in other ways too. Smile

Wow, quakernuts, that is super early! I normally wake up at 7:00 am, but any time before that is just too early for me (at least with what my body is currently used to). Oh, man. That sounds like a rough night. Hmm Running off little sleep too isn't good! Poor quaker. D:

Lol seems like no one's getting much sleep lately. That's kind of humorous about your cat though, Silvan, but I'm sorry you didn't get to sleep. Woot swing dancing!

Ryona, you're a sub?? That's awesome! How do you like it? That's what my mom does (well, she was a teacher, but now she's just subbing part-time). She actually suggested that I try it out, but I'm still not sure yet. I probably would want to work with younger kids though, like you.

This morning, I finished packing and doing a couple chores before I leave for the weekend. I come back to my apartment (and my job) Tuesday. I'm off to where I'm originally from to visit Axiom/my boyfriend and spend some time back home. I really need some kind of energy drink or something though. I'm feeling pretty sleepy for some reason, though I thought I got enough sleep last night. I normally do my exercising every night, but today I did it when I woke up, so that might be partly why. I work from 4:30-10:00 pm, so I'm going to have to leave in a bit for that, and afterwards I'll drive two and a half hours to the Quad Cities.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Fri May 13, 2011 5:48 pm

Good morning FOG! It's currently 0039 in the morning here in Kuwait and the dust storms are brewing! I just had a cup of coffee from the midnight chow at the chow hall. I gotta say, I'm getting tired of seeing nothing but Arabic written on every ccola can, syrup bottle, and exit sign. IT'S A U.S. INSTALLATION FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! Anyway, I don't have a mission today so I think I'll hang back in my tent and continue to work on the FOG FM session. After that I may go for a jog and then call home on Skype when the family wakes up.

Rec out. Cool
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri May 13, 2011 10:44 pm

Whoa, where did the Caligo threads go? I hope they are found...I was partial to my one post contribution to that area. Lol!

I do like being a sub, the down sides are that you never know when you will be working (at least, that is how it is here). You could get called at 7 AM for a 8 AM job the same day. You always have to be ready, or you might miss a job. Of course, there are also those weeks when it is a holiday and there is no work. Teachers still get paid, not subs. Lastly, there are no health benefits. But the job itself, the work that I do, is fantastic with kids 5th and younger. 6th to 8th and it gets a bit stressful for me. I've never subbed at high school, so I'm not sure about how that goes.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Sat May 14, 2011 9:17 am

GOOOOOOOD MORNIN FOG

I just got home from work! Had my end of the week celebratory coffee from Dutch Bros (Medium Kicker for the win!), and am now debating between showering or a quick nap.

Got a busy day lined up today: Off to the grandparents to help out and take pictures of Bruneau for my zombie RP Lost Days; Dead Days. (Here's where I shout out to my awesome RPers Mel, Quaker, and Loki. I love you guys! NEVER STOP BEING SO AWESOME!) If I don't crash and burn hardcore today I hope to get a few posts done too. Along with the reboot of my other RP Ora Noc Terrol. (Tis a sci-fi with a bit of a western flair! I'll be accepting new players, so if you're interested take a peek at the old OOC and keep an eye open for the reboot!)

Ha, that was a bit of a shameless advertising...ANYWAYS. I think I'm gonna go take that shower...or browse iTunes for new music. >.>
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sat May 14, 2011 9:26 am

I'm up and having my coffee too, Caribou Obsidian this morning. My fav. It's gloomy and chilly today, but my best bud and I are heading to the Farmer's Market for out annual plantings; herbs, heirloom tomatoes and maybe some pretty flowers for the front beds. Who knows what we'll find. After we have that buying frenzy, we'll hit our favorite bagel place for breakfast. Yum!!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Sat May 14, 2011 9:29 am

Oooh, sounds like a fun morning, Digi! And I'm so jealous of that planned breakfast, I'm likely gonna be stuck eating a fast food breakfast from Sonic or McDonalds. Since there's no food in my house, hehe.
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Sat May 14, 2011 9:37 am

10 hour straight work day today. With little sleep. I'm not sure what I should thank more, my military family pushing me to learn how to wake up and go go go or college experience working 2-3 days without sleep, for getting me through days like today. lol
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat May 14, 2011 12:46 pm

Ryona Noel wrote:Whoa, where did the Caligo threads go? I hope they are found...I was partial to my one post contribution to that area. Lol!

I do like being a sub, the down sides are that you never know when you will be working (at least, that is how it is here). You could get called at 7 AM for a 8 AM job the same day. You always have to be ready, or you might miss a job. Of course, there are also those weeks when it is a holiday and there is no work. Teachers still get paid, not subs. Lastly, there are no health benefits. But the job itself, the work that I do, is fantastic with kids 5th and younger. 6th to 8th and it gets a bit stressful for me. I've never subbed at high school, so I'm not sure about how that goes.

I have no clue! It weirded me out though. I can't figure out where those role-plays went... It makes me sad. Sad I wouldn't ever assume someone just deleted them. There obviously was no reason. I just can't understand where they might have gone.

Ohhh, I never thought about that. Getting a 7 am call to work at 8 would really not be cool with me so much lol. I guess there are both the ups and downs of any job though. It would also be a negative to not get paid holidays and no benefits. Those are things I'd really love to have. Thanks for the info. That's certainly good to know.

Good morning, FoG! Wow, it's almost not morning here anymore. I'm waking up in my boyfriend's bed back in the Quad Cities (where I'm from), and it's so easy to sleep in here. His mattress is soooo comfortable. We always oversleep on the weekends. It's definitely nice, but at the same time, it makes me feel like the day is half gone. Time to get going! I'm not sure what we're doing today though, since it's supposed to rain all weekend (of course), so no typical walks along the river or in a park, and probably no QC de Mayo, which is going on today lol.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next