FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virgin (working title)

Go down

Virgin (working title) Empty Virgin (working title)

Post by HotelLima Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:42 pm

And these ocean waves how they crash against the hull of the vessel with their salty daggers digging deep into the grooves of wood and rot where they colonize their own infestations of microorganisms and disease. It's here that men have died. It's here that the current carries cadavers to their eternal grave leagues below where the unmentionable demonic beast fester and breed with one another; scales and tentacles, beaks and fins, fangs of teeth and piercing eyes. We are seldom safe amongst this ride of a sea. The break comes off a wave and foam scatters to the skies above.

You built this house with your hands. . .

And crashing down, the bow cascades into the torrent, throwing water and seacreatures onto the forecastle. The mast creeks from impact and the sails unwrap a few more feet as the binding ropes loosen. The call for land is in the distance and the song of steel cries from every hole in the port-side cabins. The kingdoms before had crumbled underneath our hands, so what would make this one any different?

You built this house with your hands and your time. . .

And the elves bellow out their war-cry, a majestic pierce that clatters high betwixt the clouds. They speak softly chants from beneath the deck and it stirs the dwarves’ blood of history filled with blades and fire. The men atop swing amongst the ropes bound like canopies skyward. The cannons roll to position and overhead there’s the sound of humming beast of gears and rudders; made of something like our swords into birds. The enemy.

We built this house with our hands, and our time, and our blood. . .

And the clap of thunder is met by a flash of lightning that illuminates the brother and sister ships alongside of us, hundreds strong making steadfast speed towards the land. Towards the monolith buildings which spew out their toxic clouds into the sky. The sirens call distantly and already the specks of mankind can be seen gathering on their beachfront.

We built this house with our hands, and our time, and our blood. We built this up in one day. . .

And the sound of those demon birds from above grows louder as they sink through the clouds. Archers brace their bows and fire to the heavens with the first gallop of fire-tar arrows which stick and explode. Chunks of wood splinter into the sky around me as pebbles flee from the beak of the bird and impact the hull. Beneath me there are screams of agony.

We built this house with our hands, and our time, and our blood. We built this up in one day to fall downward and rust!

//Looking for a female counter-part. The steampunkesque nation of Nession, a kingdom of innovation and technology similar to the late 1800’s of England - a nation of mankind without the presence of other races or magic - faces invasion from Raand, a conquering empire from across the great sea. More history of the world and the nations can be fleshed out with the other Rper, but I do request someone who can be patient (I don’t have all the time in the world to RP) who will default to the Nession side of the battle. Basic rough sketch of the concept, but I think it’ll be enough to give a solid idea as to what I’m looking to roleplay for those interested.

HotelLima
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down