FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New and Improved Hill Top Daycare! ((Accepting))

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The New and Improved Hill Top Daycare! ((Accepting)) Empty The New and Improved Hill Top Daycare! ((Accepting))

Post by wakeangel Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:42 am

--Hill Top Daycare--
❧.¸¸.•°´'`°•.(¯´'•.¸(¯´'•.¸(❦)¸.•'´¯)¸.•'´¯).•°´'`°•.¸¸.❧
A partnered, romantic roleplay with a slight magical realism twist.

Future of Daycare in Question

For almost two decades, The Hill Top Daycare has been one of the best places to send your child for after school and summer child care in the town of Whitechapel. As our town has grown, the daycare became a sort of second community in and of itself, with the kids and parents making lasting bonds and the Sheehan’s becoming helping hands all over the town.

Thomas and Linda both loved their work and loved the children even more. Through the years they kept Hill Top Daycare running, a warm haven for all the children who stayed there. All were saddened when Linda Sheehan passed away three months ago, and a further pall has been cast over the town with Thomas' death last Wednesday (funeral to be held Sunday morning). The future of the daycare is now in doubt with taxes and outside pressure to sell from area developers.
(in Friday's edition of The Whitechapel Dispatch)

--Linda and Thomas Sheehan--
Faced with an empty nest and more space than they needed, the Sheehans moved into the upstairs of their home, a spacious cottage on two acres overlooking the town, and turned the main floor into a daycare. The basement remained Thomas' domain, housing his workshop and woodworking equipment.

Linda Sheehan was a kind and vibrant person with an innate acceptance of everyone and a heart the size of Texas. If confronted with a mugger, she'd have probably had the man apologizing and rethinking his life choices within five minutes. Then, she'd give him her address and phone number and make him her friend for life. Many of those who loved her worried that she'd be taken advantage of, but that rarely seemed to happen. Instead, she tended to bring out the best in everyone around her.

A firm believer in correspondence, or 'hand-written sentiments' as she liked to call them, Mrs. Sheehan always kept near her a basket containing stationary, cards, pens and pencils, envelopes, stamps and recently received letters. She wrote often and faithfully to anyone who wrote her and seldom forgot a birthday or special occasion.

Mr. Sheehan shared his wife's love for people and for the children in particular, but in a more quiet and reserved manner. He adored his wife and always treated others with dignity and respect. Taking care of maintenance and repairs with quiet efficiency, he was the glue that held the Daycare together.

Just as Mrs. Sheehan did for the girls, Mr. Sheehan offered solid, steady friendship to the boys of the daycare. He always had time to talk and listen or just to provide a much needed distraction from life's stresses in the form of good, honest, hard work on whatever project or repairs he was working on at the moment. He also often took the older children aside to teach them basic home and garden skills or help them with their homework.

Once a child entered the daycare, they were family for life to Mr. and Mrs. Sheehan. Happily they compiled a scrapbook for each one containing school projects, newspaper clippings, note, cards, letters, pictures and any other mementos they could squeeze into the pages. One could usually expect their attendance and support at plays, recitals, sporting events, weddings and other events around town.

--Whitechapel--
Whitechapel is a sleepy all-American town. Though modestly prosperous and modern, it still clings to old-fashioned ways of doing things and a feeling of closeness and community.
(more to come)

--Schedule of 'Events'--
Arrival (for those from out of town) – Friday – Saturday
Viewing – Friday evening (family only) - Saturday evening
Funeral Service for Thomas Sheehan – Sunday morning
Reception at Hill Top Daycare – Sunday afternoon
After that – Depends on gameplay

Most of the immediate family is staying at the Daycare, but due to the outpouring of love and support from the townspeople, the Sheehan family has opened it to the public from 12pm-6pm each day for those wishing to pay their respects.

Enter your character, a former child from the daycare who received a letter informing you about the death of Mr. and Miss. Sheehan. Please include the following in your RSVP.

--RSVP--

Picture

Name:

One fond memory of the Hill Top Daycare.

*Personality:

*History:

*(optional, may be learned through gameplay, but please take the time to fully flesh out your character in your mind at the least)

We are accepting new players, but please PM wakeangel for approval before posting a character sheet.

If for some reason you cannot post or must take some time away, please show the consideration of keeping us informed and of wrapping up any current interactions your character is involved in, so others can continue to play in your absence. I'll be happy to work with you on exit/re-entry points.

Lastly, aside from the normal chatter, please use the OOC for any thoughts, impressions, planning and ideas about storyline and characters. I want to know what you think so I can make this as enjoyable as possible for everyone.

Last edited by wakeangel on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://www.zombycat.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

The New and Improved Hill Top Daycare! ((Accepting)) Empty Re: The New and Improved Hill Top Daycare! ((Accepting))

Post by wakeangel Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:45 am

--Accepted Characters--
❧.¸¸.•°´'`°•.(¯´'•.¸(¯´'•.¸(❦)¸.•'´¯)¸.•'´¯).•°´'`°•.¸¸.❧

Lara wrote: IMAGE

Name: Jennifer Aster

One fond memory of the Hill Top Daycare: The general feeling of being safe, secure, and loved by the people who worked at the daycare. That, and her short-lived reign as champ of an improvised obstacle course.

*Personality: To be delved into via-RP.

*History (The basics for you to know =) ):
-Went to the daycare directly from school, as well as almost every day during the summer. Heck, spent more time at the daycare than she did at home.
-Has an Associate's Degree in Journalism.
-Currently working for a local newspaper, predominantly working from home writing articles while caring for her four year old daughter, Mia.

The Melancholy Spirit wrote:
The New and Improved Hill Top Daycare! ((Accepting)) Daniel-Erlandson

Name:
Daniel Romeo

Fond Memory:
“Getting into a fight with a girl… and losing.”
“That’s a fond memory?”
(laughing) “Not really… it just sort of dominates the others.”

Recent History:
- After finishing high school he attended Julliard.
- Recorded a single album with an alternative/progressive rock/metal band before leaving over unspoken issues.

wakeangel wrote:
The New and Improved Hill Top Daycare! ((Accepting)) Lyssa

Lyssa, Age: 9
The New and Improved Hill Top Daycare! ((Accepting)) Sassy_by_artisticallylearning-1

Name: Lyssa Montgomery

One fond memory of the Hill Top Daycare: Using the other children of the day care (willing or not) as guinea pigs in her quest to learn how to give hugs as good as Mrs. Sheehan's, and being able to climb the oak tree in the daycare's back yard faster than just about anyone.

Personality: quirky, spunky, caring, tomboy, forgetful, peace keeper, has an adrenaline junkie streak

Favorite Movie: Tank Girl

History: Her family moved away from town shortly after she entered high school, but Lyssa never forgot Whitechapel, The Hilltop Daycare, or the Sheehans. She's now a licensed civil engineer, in her last year of schooling for her masters in Structural Engineering.

SanityStealer wrote:
A Photograph

Name:
Vivian Callan

Her memories mainly center on reading and acting out scenes from plays by herself in the backyard of the daycare -- and, naturally, being dragged away by the other kids to play tag or some other game.

Personality:
[To be delved in via RP]

History:
[To be delved in via RP]

Last edited by wakeangel on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

The New and Improved Hill Top Daycare! ((Accepting)) Empty Re: The New and Improved Hill Top Daycare! ((Accepting))

Post by SanityStealer Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:07 am

A Photograph

Name:
Vivian Callan

Her memories mainly center on reading and acting out scenes from plays by herself in the backyard of the daycare -- and, naturally, being dragged away by the other kids to play tag or some other game.

Personality:
[To be delved in via RP]

History:
[To be delved in via RP]

SanityStealer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:59 am

(Does this mean I need to come up with new intro posts, or can I be lame/lazy and just repost? =D )
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:58 pm

Oooh, she's pretty Sanity. I'll add her to the accepted characters section.

Lara, we hadn't actually gotten very far, I was thinking we could just pick up where we left off, take a post or two to wrap up the scene in the park while Sanity gets intro-ed and then move on together.

How's that for lazy? ;D
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:09 pm

... I sense a conspiracy from Wake to give my character fantasies about hers now... lol
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:33 pm

~giggles~ Maybe if you're good we'll let you watch us....

...play Yahtzee!

XP
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:34 pm

Oh, yeah, like I couldn't turn Yahtzee into something dirty. Come on, Wake. Wink

Anyway... ~clears throat~

Who is up first? >.>
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:03 pm

You're male. Of course you could.

I just finished re-reading everything, and it's actually your post, Melly my dear, though Sanity can post whenever she wants.
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SanityStealer Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:53 pm

You people make me laugh. XD

Right then, I shall go read the topic and intro my character!

SanityStealer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:14 pm

Awesomesauce. ^_^
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SanityStealer Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:41 pm

Failure of an introduction, check!

And if you would all be so kind as to have no idea about Vivian's sexuality, it would be much appreciated. : ]

SanityStealer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:50 pm

Non-failure of an intro, check!
In the dark-ed-ness about gay Vivian, check! (Not that such a topic would come up much with a bunch of nine year-olds, at least not seriously anyway. lol)

Btw, Sanity, if you had any thoughts on what Lyssa and Vivian would remember about each other, shoot me a PM, k?

EDIT: Oh oh oh!! And Mel! I finally have the right program to make more music! I already fiddled with Transoceanic and made something new too! You can find them
here!

Last edited by wakeangel on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SanityStealer Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:52 pm

XD Well, she confided in Thomas and Linda and that information was never shared with anyone, so... Just double-checking -- it's always better that way, for some reason. :/

I shall send thee a PM whenever I come up with stuff. XD

SanityStealer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:15 pm

Hey... being male has nothing to do with it. Being Mel, however, has everything to do with it. How so? Well, it is simple. I don't make yahtzee dirty. I make something dirty yahtzee... Wink

Also... more music!? Sweet. You'll have to send me the new Transoceanic file and the new song via e-mail again. Oh! And you will have to show/tell me how to get this music program to. I demand it!
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:52 pm

I will have to get them to you over yahoo, Mel cuz the damned buggers aren't playing on the acidplanet link I sent you! It's pissing me off. ~grumbly frowny face~ I am out of time though, so I'll have to figure it out tomorrow. Program acquired via SugarDaddy spoiling me rotten (ie. expenditure of cash) though you'll be interested to know that a headset and microphone were included in this spoiling of me rotten, so vocals may be on the horizon in the future.

Sanity, I've enjoyed our trip down 'Memory' lane. Look forward to rping with you!
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:41 am

Yay, so happy that this is kicking back off. =) Definitely welcome to the game, Sanity. This is gonna be awesome~.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SanityStealer Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:00 am

'Memory' lane was nice. In fact, I'm tempted to live there. XD

Could someone tell me the posting order? I find myself confused.

SanityStealer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:48 pm

There's a posting order? =p

I think it's just a matter of responding and letting others respond in turn before going off on a tangent. At least, that's the way I see it.

Except for how it's Mel's turn. =D Definitely his turn.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:24 pm

I tend to stay fairly lax about posting order as long as no one is cutting anyone else off. For example, in the most recent round of posts, Lyssa introduced herself to Jennifer, Daniel and Mia, and then Jennifer and Mia responded. If Lara or I posted now we'd be pre-empting Mel's chance for Daniel to react. SO IT'S DEFINITELY MEL'S TURN TO POST! (~blows kisses at Mel~)

Your character isn't interacting with ours yet, so as long as you don't double post, you can pretty much post at will until she is. Does that make sense? I do things that way so that when/if people split off or pair up, their scenes don't have to wait on anyone whose character isn't there. Does that make sense to you?
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:28 am

Sorry for not posting yet everyone. Trying to figure out a decent post that isn't short as hell...
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:25 am

Short is fine. =D I'm sure the next one would end up being longer, considering Sanity will probably come into the mix soon.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:36 am

It's okay Mel. We just need to get the ball rolling again. If you just really, really can't, let me know and I'll work something up
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:09 pm

Ya took too long, Mel, so I steamrolled ya. Razz If you want any revisions to anything I posted about Daniel, just let me know.

Lara, I'm sorry to leave you with that tangled mess of conversations to have to post back to. I'm trying to get things wrapped up here so we can move things along.

Sanity, if you want to post again now, feel free.
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Tue May 17, 2011 11:03 pm

I don't know how I missed that you posted, Lara! >.< I'll have a reply up in a couple of days.
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue May 17, 2011 11:07 pm

Haha, yay!

I figured it was high time for me to find time to respond. XD
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Tue May 17, 2011 11:09 pm

By high time, you mean summer, yes? Xp
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed May 18, 2011 12:29 am

Clearly.

At least, while it's still truly summer for me, and not internship + summer class time. XD
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Wed May 18, 2011 12:32 am

I'll try not to keep you waiting too long then, m'dear. ^_^
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed May 18, 2011 12:52 am

No hurries. Smile I'm just happy that we can still keep this alive and kicking, even with long periods of inactivity (mostly on my part, haha).
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next