FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Text Coloring Resource

2 posters

Go down

Text Coloring Resource Empty Text Coloring Resource

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:16 am

Lately I've been seeing a good amount of colored text here and there, especially in the In Character section. While coloring text is perfectly fine and dandy, I feel it's important to choose the right colors. So many of them are either too dark and therefore unreadable, or so bright it makes our eyes bleed.

So! Very Happy In the interests of preserving Foggers' retinas and keeping with the general feel of our melancholily-themed boards, I've looked around a bit and am pleased to announce that I have discovered a quick, easy, and versatile web tool for picking any desired color for text, using a HEX number generator.

>> Click Here for HEX Color Generating Extraordinary Extravaganza Deluxe <<

Now that we have complete freedom, and are no longer bound either by our limited selection in the FOG text editor or by random HEX chart searches providing more yet still limited selections of colors, here are my recommendations for coloring in our FOG boards.

Think "Happy Medium"
Not too dim, not too bright.

Colors like these make eyes bleed. O.O
Especially Especially Especially Especially Especially Especially Especially Especially Especially Especially Especially Especially Especially Especially Especially Especially Especially Especially Especially Especially Especially Especially Especially
When in When in When in When in When in When in When in When in When in When in When in When in When in When in When in When in When in
Large Large Large Large Large Large Large Large Large Large Large Large Large Large Large Large Large Large Large Large Large Large Large Large
quantities quantities quantities quantities quantities quantities quantities quantities quantities quantities quantities quantities quantities quantities quantities.

Colors like these are invisible.

Be careful not to bold much, either. Even with nicer colors, it can get a little too bright. Anything's better than this, though. Eek. xD

Here are some nicer colors.
Here's some red #D87E7E,
some blue #71B4C8,
some yellow #BFB966,
and some green #9CCF76.
Try to blend well with FOG's level of luminance.

Think "De-Saturated"
Best to keep the range from none to half. If you do want full saturation, though, be careful not to go too bright or too dark, because it can go too far either way much more easily the higher you go in saturation.

It might take some experimentation, but it's worth it, and it's fun. Very Happy Just remember, if you get the urge to add color to posts on FOG, please choose colors that will be easy on the eyes.

Thanks for reading, and have yourself a Rainbow Day... with plenty of nice, peaceful gray clouds and mist. ^_^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Text Coloring Resource Empty Re: Text Coloring Resource

Post by Loki Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:42 pm

Kalon Ordona II wrote:
Here's some red #D87E7E,

Red huh?

It's pink!
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:40 am

Ahahaha, I remember that! cheers

This really is more light-red than pink, though. It's kinda red-ish. Or red-like. xD
At any rate, it's just an example. The point is to encourage Foggers to avoid eye-straining colors for text. ^_^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down