FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for someone to bounce ideas off

3 posters

Go down

Looking for someone to bounce ideas off Empty Looking for someone to bounce ideas off

Post by Guest Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:08 am

I am currently engaged in some massive world building for both an RP thread, and then probably a novel. However, I would like some help and critiques along the way.

The basic idea I have so far is somewhat simple.

First the world is at war with itself. 5 major nations remain with a hundred lesser ones. They are all different sets of governments, and different sets of advantages and disadvantages. Three international powers are present. A communications corperation that maintains communications and information throughout the world. A mining corperation that specializes in sending resources from the asteroid belt. A mercenary guild is the most powerful, owning its own minor continent, hiring itself out to everyone and at times at war with itself. A virus outbreak that started this war has caused some mutations in about .1% of the population, increasing strength, speed, and intelligence. Increased neural out put allows them to pilot the newest inventions of massive armored mechs. Powered armored infantry remains dangerous, but still no match for their larger cousins. Space and naval warfare are also common.

I have a much more detailed history in mind, but not typed.

Back to top Go down

Looking for someone to bounce ideas off Empty Re: Looking for someone to bounce ideas off

Post by AbsoluteXero Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:18 pm

Perhaps the .1% wants to see the war over. So they somehow take over the Comm. Corps. and/or the Mining Corps. to further their agenda.

That's the best I can come up with, with what I have.

Hope I helped,

-Xero
AbsoluteXero
AbsoluteXero
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Looking for someone to bounce ideas off Empty Re: Looking for someone to bounce ideas off

Post by Chainlinc3 Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:09 pm

I'm... Not entirely sure what the question you're asking is, if there is one. Personally, I'd be more than happy to help, but... I can be very abrasive when "helping." I've been told I'm still helpful, but just know that if you do opt to bounce ideas off me, I will probably give you more criticism than is deserved in a harsher manner than is necessary.
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:21 pm

That's fine. My ego can take a little beating. It's good for the soul.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:06 pm

Heh. Well then I'm your man. Feel free to contact me whenever.
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:29 pm

I'd be happy to help, as well. A fellow world-builder, I'm also naturally predisposed to challenge everyone else's ideas. (How does this work? What are the forces behind that? Who's influencing whom, and why, and how come, and is there a better way? Have you overlooked anything. What if the heroes just did this?)

Your settings sounds complex and ambitious. Is this the one for the RP or the novel? If it's for the RP, how are you planning to integrate the players into the story? If it's for the novel, what characters are you going to use to move the story? Some of each? It sounds like a multiple-perspective tale. Actually, I think it might make an awesome anime. ^_^

That's all I got for now. Need anything further, just let us know. Smile
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:39 am

I am simplifying it, and changing this more towards a video game aspect for a casual rp. More of exploring some concepts to begin with. It will become an advanced RP later with my concept while I fine tune my ideas for others. But, yes it will finally hopefully become one of my story worlds to use for a novel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down