FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We chosen few [Open] OOC

5 posters

Go down

We chosen few [Open] OOC Empty We chosen few [Open] OOC

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:50 am

Realm:
The world is much like Rome was before the collapse of the western empire. There are roads leading to all the major cities. There is Aqueducts bringing fresh water to all the major cities. The weapons technology is just now discovering steel which is still very expensive to make into weaponry. Most weapons are made with Iron. Armor is made of plates of Iron or Bronze because ring mail has not been invented yet. Chariots are the ultimate weapons used in warfare and cavalry uses spears or lances. Most buildings are made with stone and have many murals painted inside. The more cheaply built ones are made of wood. The drink of the people is wine that is always mixed with water. The Republic has large standing armies of well-trained troops.

Recently there has been a cold war brewing between the Olympian Gods and Titans. The enemies of the Gods, the Titans, are planning something as they are gathering together and producing more marked humans. There are three distinct groups in this cold war. The first group is supporters of an all-out attack immediately which is led by Ares and includes Poseidon. The second group is supporters of a more diplomatic approach which is led by Athena and includes Zeus and Hephaestus. The third group is supporters of doing nothing and going about business as usual which is led by Hades.

The Titans, like the Gods, are unable to directly attack because of the possibility of destroying the entire cosmos. They are instead gaining strength by luring all the mythological beasts they can to their side. There is no explanation for these actions yet but this worries some of the Gods. Some Olympians are also creating more marked individuals in preparation for what some see as an inevitable war.

Then the unthinkable happened, legendary magical weapons and armor of Achilles in the human world vanished leading some Olympians to believe that the marked Titans are now preparing for war. Athena wants to know more about the disappearances of the weapons and armor of Achilles when Zeus approached her warning her of a fated war dealing with the weapons and armor of Achilles. Whichever side has the Pelican spear, the sword of Peleus, and the armor of Achilles will be victorious. Both Zeus and Athena realized that if Ares knew of the disappearances he would convince his faction to use their marks and attack the Titan marks. Athena picked Alexander Nestor to create a group and quietly recover the magical items hoping to avoid a war.

Marks:
Marks are awarded either at birth or by winning the favor of the God or Goddess. The mark is a symbol of the God or Goddess that is never able to be removed from the skin. It is a permanent tattoo showing to the world which God or Goddess you belong to. This mark is passed down to the children and grandchildren. The more generations separating the first person with the mark and the person who was granted the mark means that the mark is less powerful and is faded. One person may have two marks as long as they are both not first generation. The marks of the Gods or Goddesses grant the mortal certain abilities that the deity rules over. All Gods and Goddesses need marked people as this is what keeps them alive. If all of their marks are killed then they could die.

Magical weapons and items:
Weapons and armor can have magical properties like a vambrace changing into a spear the instant a word is spoken. Most are weak abilities but some are powerful legendary items from heroes that have died. There are also weapons, armors, and items that the Gods and Goddesses use that may be lent to human heroes for a short time.

Gods and Goddesses items (Things they should have):
Spoiler:

Items of Heroes (that are in the human realm):
Spoiler:

Map and locations
There are 15 major Gods and Goddesses and each has their own city or island (except Hestia) that they take care of and in which the major temple dedicated to that deity is located. Usually if you are a mark of the God or Goddess you are born in their city. There are exceptions and if you are a mark of a minor God or Goddess then you may not even see another with your mark unless you travel.

Main city location and info:
Spoiler:

Characters:

Character sheet:
Name:

Mark (from who and what generation limited to 2):

Appearance: (You may use photo with a short paragraph)

Powers/Abilities: (Must be from the marks)

Magical items and Weapons:

Brief history:

Code:
[b]Name: [/b]

[b]Age: [/b](17 or older)

[b]Mark (from who and what generation limited to 2): [/b]

[b]Appearance: [/b](You may use photo with a short paragraph)

[b]Powers/Abilities: [/b] (Must be from the marks)

[b]Magical items and Weapons:[/b]

[b]Brief history:[/b]

Alexander Nestor [Sunwolf007]
Spoiler:
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

We chosen few [Open] OOC Empty Re: We chosen few [Open] OOC

Post by Oran Tarlin Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:37 am

"Open" means the same thing on this forum as others, right? Well, anyway, here's my application, a lovely old drunk named Nyrim.

Name:
Nyrim Psipsinos

Mark:
First generation mark of Dionysus
Fourth generation mark of Hestia

Appearance:
Rugged, to say the least. A small, almost mousy man, with an indescribable calm around him. His skin is deeply tanned and thus wrinkled and worn beyond his years, like leather. His eyes are a particularly lovely brown, though usually maroon from being bloodshot. His hair is longer than appropriate for a man his age, and too dark as well, falling to his shoulders and hanging over his eyes.

While certainly not attractive he has an undeniable confidence, and his small, compact musculature makes him seem like a man with ulterior motives. He rarely dresses at all special, some brown leggings and perhaps a tunic, but the alcohol tends to warm him up, so often the tunic gets stuffed into his impressive leather bag, the symbol of his nomadic life, and constant companion along with his Thyrsus, which remains strapped to his back. His sandals, unlike the rest of him, are almost always pristine and new.

Powers/Abilities:
From the Mark of Dionysus
Much as Dionysus is said to have brewed wine "to make men feel like gods" Nyrim's mark has the curious effect of converting alcohol in his blood to Ichor, the divine substance in the veins of gods. While inebriated, Nyrim gains a modest increase to strength and a spectacular increase of agility and speed. While his aim and focus may be off, his reflexes become astounding, able to perfectly react to his surroundings on a cause-effect basis, but not necessarily being able to control his actions.

From the mark of Hestia
He draws little power from this, an old remnant of a great grandmother's service to her family (only to have her daughter run off to join the Bacchants). The only benefit is the ability to form minute sparks, however, he's an adept at the use of alcohol and Greek fire as weapons, and so a minute spark is all he really needs. He's also got a great mind for knots.

Thyrsus: A long, slender staff of fennel wrapped in ivy and leaves and topped with a pine cone. A symbol of the Bacchants (the group which Nyrim's mother was a part of). The pine cone end of the staff is blessed to hold onto whatever liquid it is dipped in, usually honey for religious purposes, but Nyrim likes his drenched in wine. The staff cannot be consumed by flames and can turn stagnant water and wine clean again. It has no sharp edges.

Oriental Daggers: His mother, in one of her symbolic pilgrimages bearing wine grapes from Asia back to Europe, came into possession of these Persian daggers. They are elegantly curved, and hold no other virtue than proving lifelong companions for Nyrim, and dulling at respectable rates.

The Electrum Cork: Not so much a weapon as a prized possession. A symbol of his faith in Dionysus, it miraculously fits any container, and it keeps whatever is inside its bottle preserved indefinitely.

Brief history:
His mother and his grandmother were both Bacchants, worshippers of Dionysus who performed rituals in honor of revelry and enlightenment. His grandmother was marked, and then his mother had her mark renewed for her faithful service. Her son also had his third generation mark renewed, for, despite being fatherless (Bacchants were polyamorous to say the least), he showed a profound appreciation not just for wine and revelry, but to the mystic and ecumenical truths taught by Dionysus (despite being unappreciated by other gods)

Being raised by a band of traveling wild-women forced Nyrim to grow up incredibly fast, learning early that disputes were settled with violence, and that people were inevitably out to get him. At age twelve he was left in Dionysus city of Thebes, where he apprenticed under a sub-par oil maker.

Five years later Nyrim was insulted in the streets by an Delphinian, and promptly invited the man for a drink. His hospitality won him an ultimate victory, as the man provided Nyrim with his scrolls, marking him as the next to receive a blessing of Asclepius and join a school of healing, taking this, Nyrim journeyed to Delphi, studying under the god of healing.

Leaving the school before truly devoting himself to its tactics, he lingered in a state of depression for years. At age 26 he finally came to a conclusion, heavily inebriated, of a certain profound truth about life. Later a man appeared bemoaning his life, and Nyrim (still plastered) offered to help the man. It was revealed that the man was actually his mother, and the Bacchants revealed themselves, back from one of their ceremonial trips into Asia to carry grapevines back to Greece.

From there Nyrim had his second generation mark (which formerly allowed him to drink far more than any man should) and was allowed into the inner circle of the Bacchants, having come full circle in a ritual they expected him to follow from his birth.

From there, Nyrim took to observing the world and reveling in life, wine, and plenty of men and women, which kept him outcast for many years. Only recently has it become clear that the idyllic lifestyle he adores cannot continue if he does not pick a side.

All of his training has come from nomadic lifestyle, fighting to survive, and observing trained fighters from a keen distance. Most remarkable is Nyrim's speed, and he often muses that Herme's would have made a better god for him, since when drunk, he can't make use of his powers unless reacting to something, so speed becomes purely defensive.

While perhaps the least ambitious of all marked men, he remains a powerful force to be reckoned with.

Just make sure he's had a drink first.
Oran Tarlin
Oran Tarlin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:11 pm

I'm sorry I haven't had much time to put towards this lately, with the busy season and all. I'll work on some things today though.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:11 am

I understand that this is a busy time for most of us. I am also keeping busy and I think the whole site is somewhat slow due to the above average things going on in real life these few weeks. I haven't heard from Bird of Hermes yet on a character profile either.

Oran yes the open in the title means that this RP is still accepting new people. Good work on the profile. I am going to give the background section another read through when I am less tired to make sure all the details fit. Other than that part the rest of it looks great.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:56 am

Woot! I'm makin a character! Though it will have to wait for the weekend to be over, Christmas is keeping me too busy to make a profile at the moment. I think I'll make two characters... Is that alright?

First generation Hermes and second generation Poseidon I'm thinking...or something to do with Aphrodite, like, make it an embarrassing power my character has. XD
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:21 pm

We'll all start out with one character for now. I know how Christmas break keeps people busy so I am not expecting to much work getting done for now. I look forward to see what you come up with for a character.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:26 pm

Name: Adelphos
Mark:
Mark of Apollo – First Generation
Mark of Artemis – Second Generation
Appearance:
We chosen few [Open] OOC Adelph10
Powers/Abilities:
Mark of Apollo: Grants the power to predict the future through prophecy.
Mark of Artemis: Grants the power to call and commune with animals.
The Wings of Daedalus: Grants the user flight.
The Bow of the Sun and Moon: A bow blessed by the twins Apollo and Artemis. It never misses its target.
The Golden Fleece: Unknown
Brief history: Adelphos comes from the Gemnaeus line, a family known for having twins – one male and one female – that are offered in the service of Apollo and Artemis. However, the last generation did not produce twins, but rather one child, Adelphos. Apollo and Artemis argued over who the child would serve. Yet when it was discovered that the boy was born blind, Artemis conceded to Apollo under the condition that the boy would be given her mark of a previous generation. Adelphos immediately began to show signs of the first generation mark given to him by Apollo. His gift for prophecy grew just as he did into adulthood. Through his schooling, he was always considered odd by the other students. He was known to sit perfectly still for hours at a time while crows would land on him as if he were a tree. Adelphos would speak of the things that the birds would tell him. A teacher noticed this and realized that he had not been abandoned by Artemis, but still held some of her power. He was given a bow that could not be strung by anyone who tried and he strung it on his first try. This was the Bow of the Sun and Moon – the bow that never misses - a gift to mortals from the archer twins, Apollo and Artemis. Soon, Adelphos left the school and, using the Wings of Daedallus, flew to a distant land to learn more about his gift of prophecy. Somewhere along the way, he acquired the Golden Fleece, but even he does not know its power.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down